Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Kinbaku 1

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,375  ·  Replies: 26 
> Project D "Timeline", kinda whacked Timeline actually but...
Chidoki
  Posted: Jan 1 2005, 11:49 PM

Fictional Compiler

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,699

ok...um...if the Initial D manga came out in 1996, and Project D then took place in 1997 right? All races were on Saturday nights. Of course actually the timeline is like, um...around 199X in the manga books. Or i think in Tokyopop it was 1996 but i'm not sure.

Then of course if Project D did happen maybe either 1997 or 1998, (of course it's kinda odd for a timeline to have that if "Purple Shadow" drives an S2K, which messes up the timeline)

But then again early in the first few volumes, everyone calls the Hachi-Roku a ten year old junk heap. Which made my assumption it started in 1996 and Project D is in 1997. When was the Internet boom begin anyway? Around 1997 or 1998 cuz not a lot of people during Project D has internet in their computers that time. One of the guys mentioned it when rumors started to spread (this was just before the introduction to Seven Star Leaf)

And Project D starts on an April...springtime...so i based this section on when the races might have taken place at what time. Correct me on my timelines if i'm wrong.

April 12 (Saturday) - vs Seven Star Leaf (Momiji Lane)
April 19 - vs Todoh Racing School (Enna)
April 26 - vs Pro Racer Tomo (Happogahara)
May 3 - vs Nobuhiko's Team (Sadamine)
May 10 - vs Saitama Grand United (M-Pass)
May 17 - none (too much rainy days so race was cancelled)
May 24 - vs REV Evo team (Tsuchizaka?!)
May 31 - none (Keisuke's FD repairs)
June 7 - vs Purple Shadow (F-Line)

Um...somehow i still feel off...cuz i think battle with Purple Shadow was at the start of summer...yet...June 7 still sounds off with summer.

What are the rest of your timeline assumptions anyway?

And with that much space...makes one wonder...how many saturdays are still available for Project D? I counted up to November 15 it will be 23 more saturdays. That doesn't count how many cancelled races. And i don't know when Project D ends at the end of this year.

Unless...but just my crazy idea...there have been other races in between...like minor challenges...only key races were featured. I just thought of that idea because in the opening of episode 1, Project D was competing against a regular racing team using a 180SX and a S14 if i'm not mistaken (just before the race against Seven Star Leaf)...that wasn't seen in the manga books anyway. Maybe there were other minor teams like that? If that was so, that would mess up the timeline i had even more. Man...series still has no ending so i wouldn't know what's up Shigeno's crazy mind.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 12:33 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

There is no concrete timeline...

It's an alternate universe otherwise... Where you got the 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, 1998 WRX STi GC8V and 1999 Honda S2000 chilling with the 86 and FD...
geligaozibi
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 01:03 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,940

Erm, was it mention anywhere that ALL races were on Saturdays?
oceansgurlie
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 01:15 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 4,116

haha, it's amazing how much work u must've put into creating that timeline. there r a lot of things that don't make sense when we're watching cartoons and such. i don't think it was meant for people to put that much thought into it, just enjoy it for what it is happy.gif
AJS13
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 01:22 AM

S13 Silvia K's

Member No.: 1,134

QUOTE (BOZZY @ Jan 2 2005, 09:33 PM)

It's an alternate universe otherwise... Where you got the 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, 1998 WRX STi GC8V and 1999 Honda S2000 chilling with the 86 and FD...

When was there a Nissan Skyline BNR34 in 4th Stage, I know that there was a Nissan Skyline ER34, which was the GT25t which came out in 1998. So First stage would have been in 1996, second stage in 1997, third stage put it in from 1997 in to 1998, and they are racing in mid 1998, and now they passed over in to 1999, which would explain the Nissan Silvia S15, as that came out in January 1999.
I dout very much that they raced every saturday.

Well Im thinking its like this, Its more likely going to be wrong as Im just trying to piece together when the cars came out. Its not like them to stuff shit up like this, im sure they would try and get this as close as they could to things as they are in life.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 01:26 AM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

QUOTE (Te Kaha @ Jan 2 2005, 01:22 AM)
QUOTE (BOZZY @ Jan 2 2005, 09:33 PM)

When was there a Nissan Skyline BNR34 in 4th Stage, I know that there was a Nissan Skyline ER34, which was the GT25t which came out in 1998. So First stage would have been in 1996, second stage in 1997, third stage put it in from 1997 in to 1998, and they are racing in mid 1998, and now they passed over in to 1999, which would explain the Nissan Silvia S15, as that came out in January 1999.
I dout very much that they raced every saturday.

Well Im thinking its like this, Its more likely going to be wrong as Im just trying to piece together when the cars came out. Its not like them to stuff shit up like this, im sure they would try and get this as close as they could to things as they are in life.

*SPOILERS*

Nissan Skyline GTR-34 is driven by Foot of God, don't think we'll be seeing it in 4th stage though .. i believe its battle against keisuke's FD is where the manga is currently at
Chidoki
  Posted: Jan 2 2005, 07:48 AM

Fictional Compiler

QUOTE (Te Kaha @ Jan 2 2005, 01:22 AM)
[/QUOTE]
So First stage would have been in 1996, second stage in 1997, third stage put it in from 1997 in to 1998, and they are racing in mid 1998, and now they passed over in to 1999, which would explain the Nissan Silvia S15, as that came out in January 1999.

The timeline in the anime may be like that...but...the timeline in the manga book can't be since the race after the rain race with Takumi and Kenta happen immediately after the end of Summer (the last Summer race was after all against the Sil-80) and team Emperors make a dramatic entrance during Kenta's race and Nakazato's final defeat.

So if you're talking about original story based on the manga, 1st Stage is a summer, 2nd stage happens at the start of Fall, and 3rd stage during the end of fall to winter.

But with cars like what you said, S15 plus the GT-R34, and S2K then that makes the timeline whacked lol...

However if it applied through a timeline based on the anime timeline story i could believe what you are saying...but not in the manga...
L.I. Phantom
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 10:04 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,651

I never tried to figure out Shigeno-san's timeline, I just sat back and enjoyed the anime, although Te Kaha's version seems the most plausible. And what's this Purple Shadow thing? Volume 31?
truebreakerz
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 10:22 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 4,775

How about putting up a spoiler warning for this thread...Cuz you almost really ruined it for me...
Zangetsu
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 10:35 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,293

Its a timeline and you know what timelines do so you don't have to read it
MAD MAX
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 08:37 PM

Rotary Enthusiast

Member No.: 2,262

I'm sure that the begining of 1st stage took place in 1999 and Project D is in 2000. There is alot of clues about the timeline and when you think about it, it can't happen before 1998-1999 because of the cars model. Anyway, I like to think that the timeline is 99-00.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 2 2005, 10:03 PM

Also consider that Bunta's car is also "used"... tongue.gif
ursdrk
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 10:35 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 3,570

wasn't initial D originally debut in 1996?? maybe shigeno didn't know it would be so popular and had to keep up with the times by adding recent cars and what no...I denno just my two cents... laugh.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 10:55 AM

I am sure he'd think it'd do well considering he came off doing a motorcycle manga that did around if not more than 30 volumes called Bari Bari Densetsu...

The reason he added new cars is to give it some freshness... I mean hello... you want to keep the fanbase happy you don't recycle cars from the past (story and story's timeline)... tongue.gif
Chidoki
  Posted: Jan 3 2005, 11:00 AM

Fictional Compiler

QUOTE (ursdrk @ Jan 3 2005, 10:35 AM)
wasn't initial D originally debut in 1996?? maybe shigeno didn't know it would be so popular and had to keep up with the times by adding recent cars and what no...I denno just my two cents... laugh.gif

You're probably right on that part...but Shigeno never thought Initial D would be this popular so i guess he decided to break the rules laugh.gif

Well wasn't "Initial D" originally just a filler manga series for the manga company? Because there was no big title to fill in the gap, the company had "Initial D" released as a parody on streetracing, hence the original idea of a joke Trueno 86 that delivers tofu, except it became so popular that the show was extended from like a 50 - 70 chapter story into what is now over 400+ chapters? That's insane.

So maybe it was at a timeline of 1996 originally, then a lot of bs timeline started to make it more modern (just like modernizing Marvel Comic or DC Comic timelines, or whatever other show timelines out there)...anyway I like it that way...if the year's are messed up, then at least I wanna know the weeks and seasons they are racing on.
L.I. Phantom
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 11:04 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (MAD MAX @ Jan 2 2005, 08:37 PM)
I'm sure that the begining of 1st stage took place in 1999 and Project D is in 2000. There is alot of clues about the timeline and when you think about it, it can't happen before 1998-1999 because of the cars model. Anyway, I like to think that the timeline is 99-00.

Actually, it HAS to take place in '96, due to not only a few clues, but one line in particular that Iketani says to both Takumi and Itsuki in first stage:

"You guys were probably in 8th grade when the '92 model came out." (referring to the 86).

So, if there were in 8th grade when the AE92 came out, tack on four years to put them in their senior year in school, and you come up with 1996.

Also, some characters refer to the 86 as a "10-year-old junk heap" a few times.
Tezza
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 01:02 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,836

its a cartoon/anime/FICTION !!!!!!!!!! take it easy with the 'Facts'.... shheessh. what are you ppl thinking? what... there IS a ninja by the name Naruto? there ARE robots in the galaxy fighting against alien races? man.....
MAD MAX
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 01:36 PM

Rotary Enthusiast

Member No.: 2,262

It can't be happening in 96 because they were watching "Drift Bible",its not that old. laugh.gif And Takumi also bought in 3rd Stage "AE86 Special Vol.41" that came out in 98 too.
L.I. Phantom
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 02:26 PM

IDW God Member

Hey, if you want to totally ignore the canon, be my guest, just telling you that there are multiple refrences in both the anime and manga that at least first stage takes place in '96.
Chidoki
  Posted: Jan 3 2005, 04:37 PM

Fictional Compiler

QUOTE (L.I. Phantom @ Jan 3 2005, 02:26 PM)
Hey, if you want to totally ignore the canon, be my guest, just telling you that there are multiple refrences in both the anime and manga that at least first stage takes place in '96.

Definitely whacked...since 2nd Stage happens immediately after 1st Stage in the manga books. The same goes to 3rd Stage. 4th Stage is the only one that differs the huge gap.
liquidityzero
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 05:59 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 3,876

side track a little......what are the odds that the tofu that Takumi deliver to the hotel at the top of Mount Akina is the same hotel that Papa takes Mogi to...?? Hmmm.....
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 08:00 PM

Nope... That motel is in or near Akagi...
Chidoki
  Posted: Jan 13 2005, 06:28 PM

Fictional Compiler

Ok i need a confirmation here. After the rain race against Saitama United, just before the race against the REV Evo jerks, there was another race wasn't there. A race against Project D (i guess it's referred as Project #6 being the 6th race).

I need confirmation on this from those that have read the Volume 26 manga, whether the japanese, chinese or Yahoo D-Project translations.

After all, in the actual locations website, it never specified what team or what cars the Hachi-Roku or FD went against, meaning it's a very minor team.

http://www.gallery.tsukaeru.jp/gallery.htm

And in Volume 26, Iketani and Kenji were on their way to the race since the race has started but were pulled to the side when they saw Itsuki's car. I never realized this until now...I should have known it but since i just read the translations recently did i realize it. It makes me wonder what kind of cars were used and how the faces of the team that lost might have had their expressions.

Of course that messes up the already whacked Timeline i placed here which means i have to add this race in as part of the trying-to-find-the-right-timeline lol...
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 13 2005, 07:02 PM

Yeah that is strange... Who knows it's just like the whole thing before the first race in Project D story arc where they raced a few teams before coming to Momoji Line....
Solid Snake
Posted: Jan 13 2005, 09:10 PM

A Legend in my Own Mind

Member No.: 599

I never really thought about the year Initial D is suppsed to take place in. I've never really seen a reference in the series as to what year it is other then the Iketani comment about Takumi and Itsuki being in 8th grade when they were in 1992, but I don't think they meant to fix the time period like that. It's a manga/comic book. It has no timeline because it's not relevent to the story.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

2 Pages  1 2