Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Go Go Girls - Come Back

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,000  ·  Replies: 29 
> Saw something creepy in ID4 today..., Disturbing, even...
WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Dec 10 2008, 05:49 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

I went to the local arcade to play some street fighter and Initial D.

So i started playing internet battle and win my first match.

Second match comes up. When the race starts, I couldnt believe my eyes at what my opponent was... A PINK........ YES... PINK AE86 Trueno. HOW THE HECK ?!?~?~

Boost was on, but the guy was WICKED fast.... Like, it wasnt even funny how fast he was. He'd whiz through the turns and then wait for me at the end of it ><

He even waited for me at the finish line and let me win...

... What just happened?

PINK AE86? RIDICULOUSLY FAST??! blink.gif
Roaddawg
Posted: Dec 10 2008, 07:09 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,730

I guess the only solution was a hack... Yes, a hack. That guy could have found a new hacking code to do it or maybe he fiddled with is ID license. If he hacked the machine, he could have pressed the buttons. e.g. the blind attack hack (hold start button for 5 secs)
WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Dec 10 2008, 07:23 AM

blind attack is not a hack..... I use it all the time to overtake people who keep blocking me...
razorsuKe
Posted: Dec 10 2008, 08:43 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,243

oh, that was me. Sorry for scaring you like that but I like to try out my customized cars at locals arcades to completely destroy the hopes and dreams of noobs.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
icedagger
Posted: Dec 10 2008, 09:17 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ Yesterday at 9:49 PM)
I went to the local arcade to play some street fighter and Initial D.

So i started playing internet battle and win my first match.

Second match comes up. When the race starts, I couldnt believe my eyes at what my opponent was... A PINK........ YES... PINK AE86 Trueno. HOW THE HECK ?!?~?~

Boost was on, but the guy was WICKED fast.... Like, it wasnt even funny how fast he was. He'd whiz through the turns and then wait for me at the end of it ><

He even waited for me at the finish line and let me win...

... What just happened?

PINK AE86? RIDICULOUSLY FAST??! blink.gif

Hmm... Interesting...

Maybe it was lag? I don't really know since I haven't really played ID4 online. Any idea what the finishing time would be if he didn't wait for you at the finish line?
WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Dec 10 2008, 01:53 PM

QUOTE (icedagger @ Today at 2:17 AM)
Hmm... Interesting...

Maybe it was lag? I don't really know since I haven't really played ID4 online. Any idea what the finishing time would be if he didn't wait for you at the finish line?

No clue... But guys, seriously...

He was bloody fast. I'm not joking. I think the card might have been hacked. Grrr.... I'll never forget that pink Trueno now...

AT EACH HAIRPIN, the dude would pass me. Then he'd wait at the exit, and this kept going on until the end where he slammed his brakes and let me pass him. His time would have been ridicilously fast if he didnt stop.

Razorsuke, you've got to be kidding.
icedagger
Posted: Dec 10 2008, 05:03 PM

Slowpoke...

I dunno why it would be happening in ID4, but in Extreme Stage that kind of happens when there's a lot of lag. Race starts, but the other car just sits there. Then suddenly it starts moving really fast (faster than normally possible) and overtakes you in a matter of seconds. But then it starts lagging again and stops moving. Etc. etc.

Dunno about the pink paint job, but doesn't ID4 in Japan have some sort of paint shop or something?
WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Dec 10 2008, 10:33 PM

I have no clue.

I`m going to further investigate this. Next time I run into something like that, I`m gonna snap a picture for you folks.

I`m actually going to try and register on initial-d.net with my cell phone and see what i can find out from there.
DK_2
Posted: Dec 10 2008, 11:39 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

Seems like the demon has met its devil. :3

Pink 86 huh?

WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Dec 11 2008, 12:30 AM

I swear to god, if im lying may lightning strike my Subaru Impreza back home and melt into a puddle of AWD goo.
Maikeru
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 04:38 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 28,530

There was a vid on youtube that was similar to your story. The guy used boost manipulation, where he would drive along the walls and pick up crazy amounts of boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rzUGZ_REJ8...re=channel_page
pol_southside
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 05:30 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 27,912

exact reason why i dont want a boost-on battle...
WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Dec 11 2008, 06:10 AM

Whoa... That might be the reason why...

Does it still work? Maybe My Impreza and I should try it?

Now... How do you explain the pink AE86?
DamienWolf
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 07:31 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ Today at 10:10 PM)
Whoa... That might be the reason why...

Does it still work? Maybe My Impreza and I should try it?

Now... How do you explain the pink AE86?

Japs have an online paint shop from what I recall. And yeah, its boost manipulation.
xLightx
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 07:48 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,320

Well. Yea the hole logic of you hitting the walls and gaining speed is because of the boost. Now the Pink 86. Dang thats something ehh kinda weird. Made me go O_o
Try doing same thing again take a pic i'd love to see that Pink 86
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 11 2008, 08:57 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

This is reminding me of a story I once heard. What was the name of it? Oh, yeah... INITIAL D!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Think about it:
WRX DEMON and his powerful Impreza race down the pass one night when suddenly, an AE86 Trueno with unreal speed passes him!
Except here, the eight-six is pink, so that creates the possibility that either Takumi or Bunta is gay... whistling.gif

Seriously though, this is pretty intriging. I mean the paint shop in the Japanese version explains the pink but to think there's someone out there who's that good at manipulating the boost!
Who knows. Maybe someone used a hack and got their eight-six tuned by that shop in Wangan Midnight for pink cars (what was their name again?). laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Dec 11 2008, 09:03 AM

QUOTE (ryosuke63 @ Today at 1:57 AM)

WRX DEMON and his powerful Impreza

aw shucks.... grin2.gif She aint that powerful. We've only just recently reached B1 level. pinch2.gif
BDDEE@
Posted: Dec 13 2008, 07:02 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ Dec 12 2008, 01:31 AM)
Japs have an online paint shop from what I recall. And yeah, its boost manipulation.

correctttt
you have more paint options there than you do with int version... alot more
Ryonaldinho
Posted: Dec 13 2008, 07:39 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 20,830

i watched a video wif a green 85 in it ~_~
pol_southside
Posted: Dec 13 2008, 09:34 PM

IDW Expert Member

manipulating boosts are for lowbies.... not to be sexist here, but c'mon fight like a MAN

its a good thing that sega didn't give the international version auras... i will just lead to people being desperate to have one and turning on the boost for an easy win...
icedagger
Posted: Dec 14 2008, 09:24 AM

Slowpoke...

Well, there really isn't any other effective way to pass (particularly with boost off), I guess. I agree using boost manipulation might be considered dirty trick when used excessively in an in-store battle, but in an online match I'd have to say its just a gray area tactic. Going boost off is suicide if your opponent can get start up.

Also it takes some degree of skill to pull it off properly. You still need to pass your opponent, and if you do it too early he can always use the same trick on you.

This post has been edited by icedagger on Dec 14 2008, 09:24 AM
pol_southside
Posted: Dec 14 2008, 10:00 AM

IDW Expert Member

I once challenged this guy (he said he's from out of town). ok battle, i used an FD and he used an Evo4.. I chose akina snow, so its on his advantage. I wouldnt reason out in case I lost, since its my fault choosing that course. Then this guy intentionally unpressed the pedal.. okei lets see..

3.. 2.. 1.. GO!!! I took off and then he just pressed the brakes, waiting for me to be at some point before taking off... I was like in the first turn and he was still in the starting lane... what the hell?

Unfortunately i dunno how to play that "game" of his and then i lost... then i challenged him again... i was really pissed... i took my untuned RX8 and luckily i was able to strip that aura of his... battle level down for him... sweet revenge...

- i mean cmon, u use the boost to keep the battle a close fight in case ur not that skillful, that's what boosts are for... but definitely not this battle that i went through

This post has been edited by pol_southside on Dec 14 2008, 10:11 AM
icedagger
Posted: Dec 14 2008, 07:51 PM

Slowpoke...

Well, the thing is, even if you have equal skill, passing is next to impossible if your opponent takes the lead and runs a safe line. Even if you get faster exits than he does, he can always block you all the way to the end of the race. If you try to pass he can always ram you into the wall, causing you to lose speed and fall behind.

Boost is there to even the playing field to make it easier to pass. I do understand where you're coming from though. I've been beaten in a battle by somebody who couldn't run within 10 seconds of my time because of boost.

But still, I don't think boost on is "unfair". It just requires different tactics compared to going boost off.
WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Dec 15 2008, 06:26 AM

I tried the boost manipulation thing.... It doesnt work... All that happened was I lost a couple of internet battles and got bumped down to B2 rank.
xyeohts
Posted: Dec 15 2008, 07:10 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

Pink AE86 eh??? well dont Japan have the paint shop option during the unfair 1.5 updates? *whining*

about the speed.. well it is a game right? it is programming.. so mess up the logic after understanding the program.. simple as that.. so it is possible..

@ryosuke63 - really nice review.. Takumi or Bunta happens to be gay or just sissy.. I would want a pink 86..

@Maikeru - nice vid.. boost hacking simple as that..

2 Pages  1 2