Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Nutty - Secret Love

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 71,718  ·  Replies: 189 
> IDAS5 Beginner's Guide, No clue as to what you're doing? Ask here!
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 11:07 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Sep 9 2010, 09:03 AM)
When I look at the demography, alot of it's in the U.S. and Southeast Asia, around Malaysia and Singapore.  It makes me smile knowing I did something that made a difference in the lifespan of ID5.

Yeah, I would be one of those I guess. Came here to learn about the technique and tips, though I started playing out of curiosity before that. Feels a bit like driving real car, in an arcadish not totally realistic but very fun sort of way.

Question, what does upgrading exaust (2nd from left) and handling do?

Also is it a good idea to downshift all the way to 1 while braking brake (instead of 2 while braking) in Akina's hairpins? I find that it really helps me slow down even more to 60, something that I have a hard time doing even when breaking early when doing the usual 2. I'm pretty sure there is some sort of disadvantage or sideffect (like shaving off more boost perhaps?) but I just wanted to know the general disadvantages if any.

Its probably unsuitable for more advanced playing but I wanted to know about the technique itself and its merits/demerits.

Oh......what determines how much boost is lost, is it speed or how much you turn in a corner; or both?

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 13 2010, 11:07 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 13 2010, 11:14 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 7 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
Yeah, I would be one of those I guess. Came here to learn about the technique and tips, though I started playing out of curiosity before that. Feels a bit like driving real car, in an arcadish not totally realistic but very fun sort of way.

Question, what does upgrading exaust (2nd from left) and handling do?

Also is it a good idea to downshift all the way to 1 while braking brake (instead of 2 while braking) in Akina's hairpins? I find that it really helps me slow down even more to 60, something that I have a hard time doing even when breaking early when doing the usual 2. I'm pretty sure there is some sort of disadvantage or sideffect (like shaving off more boost perhaps?) but I just wanted to know the general disadvantages if any.

Its probably unsuitable for more advanced playing but I wanted to know about the technique itself and its merits/demerits.

Oh......what determines how much boost is lost, is it speed or how much you turn in a corner; or both?

1.) Intake and Exhaust alter your acceleration.

2.) Well; if you're capable of braking that much later by overreving 1st gear and then blipping back to 2nd when you exit, I don't see why not.

Emphasis on if you're capable.

3.) Both. Corner fast, and you burn tires. Twist the wheel too much, and you still burn tires. The car will over turn and start fighting inertia and the tire traction.
ishida
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 12:56 AM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

hold brakes, tap accelerate, enter corner, car slide, counter steer, wow drifting!...lol i just learn this method of drifting that day and it helped my T.A times... laugh.gif just have to practice more of this technique.... happy.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 01:51 AM

Nagao Fanboy

^The word counter steer really reminds me of the D1GP game right besides the 2.0 Id5 in BTS, KL. That word appears alot.

Thanks, I've always thought it was just pure speed. If handling matters than I guess I have to watch it by not handling it to much, probably explains why I see very little difference. Wow, this game is that realistic when it comes to tire management huh?

Guess I should go fully upgrade my Treueno then. Going to take awhile since its in my Ver1.0 card.
ishida
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 02:14 AM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

haha ya i usually saw people play the D1GP game and when they pull the e-brake, it tells us to counter steer...lol never try the game before though pinch2.gif
always saving money just for ID5 wacko.gif
ChiyoV
Posted: Sep 15 2010, 10:24 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,944

Quickie question: what are the translations of the options menu in D5? (I want to turn the character voices off)
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 21 2010, 10:44 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Ah, I wanted to ask the same question though not because I wanted to turn the voice off.

Any of the optiosn related to steering though? But other than that I just want to know cos they seem to be alot. I know one is for adjusting unlocked difficulty though.

------------

Also, can anybody explain to be the the difference stats of the Trueno's three Step 7 Engine tunes? I'm currently using Takami's one but since I'm playing EXP 1 where upgrades are hard to come by, I really want to know the other two before I modify it. If I want to at least. (playing Nagao suddenly became......weirder after installing it, though Akina is like alot more awesome)

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 21 2010, 10:50 AM
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 21 2010, 02:54 PM

Reading is magic!

Yep. The one you can throw all the way to 10, assuming you haven't been a LoTS addict, is the steering. For everything else... Meh. I'd just refer to any previous V4 machine that's still running. I could see about doing that myself, but it's a bit of a hassle to go all the way over thar just to find the options menu.
venth85
Posted: Sep 21 2010, 08:03 PM

Hello again~~

Member No.: 21,309

Made this video lastnite, maybe it can help smile.gif
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egmk3UbvCng )

Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Sep 21 2010, 08:27 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 9 hours, 43 minutes ago)
Ah, I wanted to ask the same question though not because I wanted to turn the voice off.

Any of the optiosn related to steering though? But other than that I just want to know cos they seem to be alot. I know one is for adjusting unlocked difficulty though.

------------

Also, can anybody explain to be the the difference stats of the Trueno's three Step 7 Engine tunes? I'm currently using Takami's one but since I'm playing EXP 1 where upgrades are hard to come by, I really want to know the other two before I modify it. If I want to at least. (playing Nagao suddenly became......weirder after installing it, though Akina is like alot more awesome)

I believe there are no differences for any of the 3 Step 7s other than tacho change (racing engine only), engine sound change (racing engine), and BOV (for turbo). So pick the one you like the most.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Sep 22 2010, 12:07 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 9 hours, 12 minutes ago)
Yep. The one you can throw all the way to 10, assuming you haven't been a LoTS addict, is the steering. For everything else... Meh. I'd just refer to any previous V4 machine that's still running. I could see about doing that myself, but it's a bit of a hassle to go all the way over thar just to find the options menu.

you really had to mention the "LOTS addict" part just to get my attention LOL... wink2.gif

on the settings page, steering stiffness is the second to the last thing you can tinker around with..

first row: LOTS difficulty (0-10) -- goes higher by default whenever you clear an LOTS cycle
second row: race music (MIN, NORMAL, MAX)
third row: race voice (OFF, ON)
fourth row: navigation map (OFF, ON)
fifth row: steering stiffness (0-10)
last row: force quit (NO, YES)

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Sep 22 2010, 12:08 AM
GIDO
Posted: Sep 22 2010, 03:58 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,913

on EXP version, 3 plays per tuning right?
Akii
Posted: Sep 22 2010, 04:42 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

Yeps. For version EXP, you play for 3 races per tuning. But for version EXP2.0, 1 race per tuning.

I'm no LoTS addict. I'm a Bunta addict. Oh how i wish there was Bunta Challenge in IDAS5. dry.gif
D33DO_R32
Posted: Sep 22 2010, 05:11 AM

Hell's Wyvern

Member No.: 34,541

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ 5 hours, 4 minutes ago)
you really had to mention the "LOTS addict" part just to get my attention LOL... wink2.gif

on the settings page, steering stiffness is the second to the last thing you can tinker around with..

first row: LOTS difficulty (0-10) -- goes higher by default whenever you clear an LOTS cycle

I'm sorry for asking this stupid question but what's the "Race Voice" means?? the com. sound's voice like when we're battle againts characters frm legend of street mode??
sizzle
Posted: Sep 22 2010, 02:27 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,808

I find akina turns a bit harder to master, is there guide or maybe with a vid explanation for akina downhill?
GIDO
Posted: Sep 22 2010, 03:30 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,913

QUOTE (Akii @ Today, 4:42 AM)
Yeps. For version EXP, you play for 3 races per tuning. But for version EXP2.0, 1 race per tuning.

I'm no LoTS addict. I'm a Bunta addict. Oh how i wish there was Bunta Challenge in IDAS5. dry.gif

Ah ok. Thanks Akii. happy.gif
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 22 2010, 03:44 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (sizzle @ 1 hour, 16 minutes ago)
I find akina turns a bit harder to master, is there guide or maybe with a vid explanation for akina downhill?

*Points towards First Page videos*
sizzle
Posted: Sep 22 2010, 04:20 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,808

i need something more than the first page to help me drop my time below my current 3'10. The vid does not explain enough.
DigiBunny
  Posted: Sep 22 2010, 04:29 PM

Reading is magic!

Oh, well in that case I can't help. I'm still struggling with that myself.

Besides, 3'10 and below is hardly beginner's territory.
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 23 2010, 12:33 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ Yesterday, 12:07 AM)

-hmmm, what's force quit and how does it work?

-Also, steering stifness? Does that mean how stable the steering is? lol Ive assumed it was steering "sensitivity".

QUOTE (Phoenix_Cypher_K1 @ Sep 21 2010, 08:27 PM)
I believe there are no differences for any of the 3 Step 7s other than tacho change (racing engine only), engine sound change (racing engine), and BOV (for turbo). So pick the one you like the most.

So I take it the three of them are exactly the same in all stats then other than those non-performance affecting changes? Whats a BOV by the way?
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Sep 23 2010, 01:34 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

by stiffness there i actually meant sensitivity... my bad... ^ ^"

force quit is immediately ending your LOTS or TA run... you use force quit by pressing the start and view change buttons at the same time, the timer would immediately go to 0 and you will see "time is up" on the screen... some players use force quit as a way to quickly end their runs when they know they won't be able to win or beat their personal best time anyway...

BOV = blow-off valve... the flames you see on your turbocharged car's muffler when you let go of the gas... and some of the turbocharged cars will even have a "psst"/"whoosh"-like sound when you release the gas...

This post has been edited by brian_infinispirit on Sep 23 2010, 01:34 PM
Akii
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 05:14 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

I wanna ask something here reagarding drifting. When you exit a corner, do you accelerate while countersteering, or countersteer with no acceleration and wait till the car is straight back and accelerate out?
*j*j*
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 04:48 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

QUOTE (Akii @ Today, 5:14 AM)
I wanna ask something here reagarding drifting. When you exit a corner, do you accelerate while countersteering, or countersteer with no acceleration and wait till the car is straight back and accelerate out?

when u started drifting > brake till d actual speed > countersteer > wait a milisecond > reacccel .... good luck
kidosuka
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 04:50 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 36,359

QUOTE (*j*j* @ 2 minutes, 4 seconds ago)
when u started drifting > brake till d actual speed > countersteer > wait a milisecond > reacccel .... good luck

But I thought u not suppose to accelerate until you clear the corner but here you said reaccel and when do you actually do it, halfway through the turn?
*j*j*
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 07:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

QUOTE (kidosuka @ 2 hours, 11 minutes ago)
But I thought u not suppose to accelerate until you clear the corner but here you said reaccel and when do you actually do it, halfway through the turn?

when u started drifting u still hav to hold on to the brakes during the cornering while u countersteered > once u reached the correct braking speed (at every corners diff speed > eg, akina dhd 1st right corner the reaccel speed wil b at around 64kmh +/-) u can start to reaccel ... if u feel your car is under means that u r not braking enuf ...

hmm may i ask do u know how to drift ???

This post has been edited by *j*j* on Sep 27 2010, 07:03 PM

8 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »