Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Sugarcult - Riot

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 36,691  ·  Replies: 39 
> Fitness, Training and Nutrition, Do you train? What is your motivation?
Metamorphic
  Posted: Apr 24 2016, 11:40 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,338

This is my first topic in many years. I struggled with keeping with a training routine for the most of my life. There was a time my weight started ballooning and as I was about to get married reality hit to do something about it. I remember sitting in the change room looking at myself in my splendid 95kg form at the suit fitting. I uttered to myself... I look like a f*cking penguin! I went to get personal training in three months I lost 10 kg for the wedding. This was what sparked my interest in training, although I lost weight slowly I carried on until the next year when my brother got married. Then stopped and started to pack on weight again.

Until November 2014 a convention came a long which changed my view towards fitness and nutrition permanently. Power Rangers had always been a large influence on me maybe as big as Initial D. I was at the actor's panel with members from a ranger appreciation group I was in and I remembered how awesome they looked in their costumes. My plan was in June 2015 I will be joining them in costume. I started to work out daily, eat cleanly to a degree where I have never managed. I got to 75kg by June 2015 and reached my goal and cosplayed with my fellow ranger fans.

However unlike my previous cases where I stopped as soon as the goal was met I continued, trained harder and incorporated fitness in my lifestyle. I now gym four times a week and working towards a more muscular physique. This is my typical routine, however I do lift heavier on random days to keep my muscles growing biggrin.gif

Cardio
20min boxing
2km cycle
Lower Back and abs training
25kg ab cable crunch 2 sets
25kg cable lunges 2 sets per leg
25kg cable squat 2 sets
25kg cable twists 2 sets per arm
10x 50 sec plank
Leg raises two sets
Weights
70 pound bench press 2 sets
90 pound bench press 2 sets
90 pound deadlift until exhaustion
50 pound dumbbell pull ups 2 sets per arm
180 pound leg press 4 sets 80 reps all up

Here is a pic of me in ranger gear guys! Please share you stories and if you are wanting to keep in shape let us motivate each other!

This post has been edited by Metamorphic on Apr 24 2016, 11:42 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Tessou
Posted: Apr 24 2016, 11:47 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Shouldn't your pic be more accurate, taken in a rock quarry or open field somewhere? laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Metamorphic
  Posted: Apr 24 2016, 11:51 PM

IDW Goldmember

Hey Tessou! I plan to do that soon this is an updated suit as the quality of the original one was not that good, I am also waiting for the weapon to be finished so that I can approach some of my photographer friends to shoot in an open field as you suggested. biggrin.gif

This is the work in progress for thes staff I am waiting for

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
xiao
  Posted: Apr 25 2016, 08:42 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Tessou @ 8 hours, 45 minutes ago)
Shouldn't your pic be more accurate, taken in a rock quarry or open field somewhere? laugh.gif

lmao~ he needs some fireworks, explosions, and lasers too man!! laugh.gif

--- --- ---

Right now I weigh 82 kg/180 lbs ... but I need to start running/swimming back again to get my ideal American Ninja Warrior rock climber physique! cool.gif

The target weight I'm aiming at is: 70 kg/155 lbs

Looks like it's eating 2 small meals a day consisting of carrots and water for the next 9 weeks. If I get weak, I'll pop open a can of tuna. If I get tempted by sweets, I'll slice an orange! bruce_h4h.gif

~ Here's some [dank music] to help us work our fat asses off~!! awesome.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Apr 25 2016, 09:18 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Metamorphic
  Posted: Apr 25 2016, 03:10 PM

IDW Goldmember

Cool nice you got your nutrition sorted smile.gif

Remember these three elements

Cardio-Fat burn
Weights-Tone and muscle growth
Nutrition-70% of the formula is nutrition eat well and clean or if you are aiming towards gains add more protein portion.On training day I can consume up to 100g of prootein biggrin.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
xiao
  Posted: Apr 26 2016, 07:12 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Metamorphic @ Yesterday, 5:10 PM)
Cool nice you got your nutrition sorted smile.gif

Remember these three elements

Cardio-Fat burn
Weights-Tone and muscle growth
Nutrition-70% of the formula is nutrition eat well and clean or if you are aiming towards gains add more protein portion.On training day I can consume up to 100g of prootein biggrin.gif

Holy moly! That's quite the high+ amount of protein... but it suits you very well as the reincarnation of the Gold Ranger Meta my friend! grin2.gif

Sorry about the belated reply friend... was running like a chicken with it's head cut off all day yesterday~ xD

Yeah, I've never willingly lifted weights my whole life... swimming gives me the tone I look for & knocks off some cardio simultaneously.

If get really hungry... I can always cook the neko & make some nyan~tacos! (^・ω・^ )!?
Meteor
Posted: Apr 26 2016, 09:23 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Sorry about the belated reply friend... was running like a chicken with it's head cut off all day yesterday~ xD

If you're gonna run, just sprint. Not only will it do more for you in the long run (because your muscles can't simply get used to all-out sprints as easily as it can with relaxed jogs), but the lower amount of time you'll need to spend running means the combination of hard surfaces and the modern human's inevitably imperfect running mechanics won't end up doing as much damage to your joints.
xiao
  Posted: Apr 26 2016, 05:36 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Meteor @ 8 hours, 11 minutes ago)
If you're gonna run, just sprint. Not only will it do more for you in the long run (because your muscles can't simply get used to all-out sprints as easily as it can with relaxed jogs), but the lower amount of time you'll need to spend running means the combination of hard surfaces and the modern human's inevitably imperfect running mechanics won't end up doing as much damage to your joints.

Ohh! Quite interesting indeed Meteor my friend~ I've heard that long distance runners get Achilles heels too, regardless of what type of shoe they're wearing! ohmy.gif

I used to Sprint 100 Yards back in my high school track team my Junior+Senior years. Sprinting's the nicest cause you give it your all for a couple of seconds/minutes then feel very refreshed we the dash is over & you're just walking off the exhaust~ happy.gif

That's actually really great advise! The reason I joined the track team was solely because I'm in love with Haruka Tenoh I wanted to be like the wind for a short burst of fire! grin2.gif
Tessou
Posted: Apr 26 2016, 05:40 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I'd like to add bike riding to this. I ride constantly and it replaces leg day naturally. I don't even consider it a workout as I'm usually riding to get somewhere like work or shopping, and I live in the ass end of town where I'm forced to ride for at least three miles to get anywhere.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Metamorphic
  Posted: Apr 27 2016, 01:19 AM

IDW Goldmember

Cycling is a part of my routine as well. Although its on exercise bike tongue.gif. Should go cycling a real bike soon.

APX
Posted: Apr 27 2016, 07:57 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

I just walk from school. 20-30 minutes a day. My calves are sexy and huge.
Sensation!
Posted: Apr 27 2016, 12:07 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

Starting from may, I gotta get in shape again, probably starting with a few jogs.
I used to be quite a distance runner, but ever since I gotta out of HS, that hasn't been the case.

Its worth noting that this pretty much helps in going towards AX, my knees have been wearing out the past couple years at that con.

It's not happening again this year. I'll be prepared.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Apr 27 2016, 12:10 PM
xiao
  Posted: Apr 27 2016, 04:14 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 4 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Starting from may, I gotta get in shape again, probably starting with a few jogs.
I used to be quite a distance runner, but ever since I gotta out of HS, that hasn't been the case.

Its worth noting that this pretty much helps in going towards AX, my knees have been wearing out the past couple years at that con.

It's not happening again this year. I'll be prepared.

*crushes Pocky box under his foot*

We're gonna be the sexiest weeaboos in the world by the end of this year! YEAH!! apxrock.gif

2017 is the Year of the Sexy Tofus!! <3 <3 <3

user posted image
Metamorphic
  Posted: Apr 28 2016, 04:37 AM

IDW Goldmember

Whatever mode of exercise you choose always remember you already took the first step towards better health, slowly build up your weight loss/gains and you will naturally want to factor nutrition into the equation.

Hahaha story time from me again. Okay, this isn't the penguin suit I mentioned it was another suit for the reception which I did not end up using. The suit was tailor made for me back in the day, I have worn it once or twice afterwards. I have a wedding coming up in two weeks and I went to take the suit out and was surprised how loose it was and it went back to a tailor for a significent reduction!

Jacket taken in

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3024 x 4032. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

the white mark is the amout to be taken in at the waist and the actual pants reduction vs original size

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2419 x 3226. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Metamorphic on Apr 28 2016, 04:39 AM
Cecilia
Posted: May 1 2016, 08:42 PM

Easy to please. Since day one.

Member No.: 31,385

I'm 5'2" and weigh 132 lbs. My goal is to lose 5 lbs of fat and gain upper body strength. smile.gif

I must keep from buying ice cream so I won't eat it.

It's been raining lately so I havent been riding my bike to work this last week but I have been doing Pilates, yoga and weight training sporadically these past few weeks. Once i make them a habit, it will be only a matter of weeks before i reach my goal. One pound of fat loss per week sounds like a reasonable goal to me. 😊

Metamorphic
  Posted: May 1 2016, 08:50 PM

IDW Goldmember

Always good to have a goal Cecilia. Envision your results and aim towards it. Will even help to pin your ideal weight in an area you will always see. When I train I always have an image in my head, my end result it makes your sessions much more entertaining as you get closer to the goal.

APX
Posted: May 1 2016, 10:55 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

I might start getting into Hiking, my aunt invited me over to pick sage for her ceremonies and such (Not sure if she's even got indian blood in her, but they welcome her in, and shes into all of the stuff about it) And it was a fun little hike, I wasn't prepared as I wanted to be (Wore Filas training shoes, jeans and a normal shirt and jacket) but still had a good time, but next time i'll see about getting some hiking buddies, my area is nothing but mountains so why not?
xiao
  Posted: May 2 2016, 02:41 AM

moon bunny

I just wanna add that dancing and sex is a great killer-cardio workout ~ for those of us that grew up with DDR machines in San Diego's downtown Elite Beat Districtâ„¢ cool.gif

masturbation doesn't count as excersizing... unfortunately. well ~ maybe just the foreamrs... shifty2.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPHxWKuYhUw )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdzWseeDaRE )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1EJXD7fLWQ )

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ANL5au4w0 )

This post has been edited by xiao on May 6 2016, 07:37 PM
Metamorphic
  Posted: May 2 2016, 03:55 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 14 minutes ago)
I just wanna add that dancing and sex is a great killer-cardio workout ~ for those of us that grew up with DDR machines in San Diego's downtown Elite Beat Districtâ„¢ cool.gif

masturbation doesn't count as excersizing... unfortunately. well ~ maybe just the foreamrs... shifty2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1EJXD7fLWQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ANL5au4w0

Dancing while engaging in "hip thrusting" activities?
xiao
Posted: May 2 2016, 07:18 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Metamorphic @ 3 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Dancing while engaging in "hip thrusting" activities?

Hey that worx too Meta my man! haha~ user posted image

Git crackin' on that Dino Thunder leet ParaPara dude, & I'll follow suit with a Gold Ranger Jason outfit!! awesome.gif
Meteor
Posted: May 2 2016, 07:52 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Before we inevitably reach the point where someone reading all this gives up because they're not getting the weight loss they want, I'd like to point out the obvious fact that fat mass isn't exactly all of a person's weight. Depending on how much muscle you put on or how much calcification you get in your bones, it's entirely possible to have your weight go up even if you're actually thinning out. This is why some of the more advanced fitness people will tell you that weight loss is straight up bullshit and that fat loss is what you should really be aiming for.

So yeah, unless you're a professional fighter trying to make it into a specific weight class, you don't need to pay too much attention to the weight scale. All that matters is you're getting stronger and losing the fat.
Metamorphic
  Posted: May 2 2016, 01:41 PM

IDW Goldmember

Meteor thats so true. I sometimes get streaks where my body weight doesnt change for 4 months sometimes getting heavier as you said. but I do see the physical changes like defined muscle tone and looser pants.

This post has been edited by Metamorphic on May 2 2016, 01:42 PM
xiao
  Posted: May 2 2016, 10:04 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Meteor)
So yeah, unless you're a professional fighter trying to make it into a specific weight class, you don't need to pay too much attention to the weight scale. All that matters is you're getting stronger and losing the fat.

Best piece of advice in this thread mon amie! ☆

I just wanna look good in a bikini, that's all~ laugh.gif shifty2.gif ふふふ~
Metamorphic
  Posted: May 15 2016, 04:50 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (xiao @ May 3 2016, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (Meteor)

Best piece of advice in this thread mon amie! ☆

I just wanna look good in a bikini, that's all~ laugh.gif shifty2.gif ふふふ~

Xiao how is that Bikini bod coming along got the silky smooth wax ready? tongue.gif
xiao
Posted: May 15 2016, 05:05 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Metamorphic)
Xiao how is that Bikini bod coming along got the silky smooth wax ready? tongue.gif

~ LOL! ~ that's precisely what I need to have some milky smooth skin! laugh.gif

I'll be heading to a waxxy salon pretty soon & pulling every strand of dust from my body ... I know it's gonna hurt, especially inside my buttz! derp.gif (ewww)

I've just started, once the tone-up is in full force ~ nothing will stop this sexylicious trap from scoring with nekos at the nyaans! awesome.gif

2 Pages  1 2