Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 14 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - How To See You Again

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

26 Pages  « 15 16 17 18 19 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 267,530  ·  Replies: 630 
> Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 1 & 2, Discussion and how to download it
Perry
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 05:42 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Finally, six hours later, I finish translating Episode 2. Enjoy! The subs might not be 100% accurate because they are translated from Chinese. So don't kill me if I got something wrong. I don't have the .srt file by the way. So if someone wants to rip the CC subtitle from YouTube, go ahead. Make sure you credit [IDW Fansubs] when you make modifications to the subs. Thanks!

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0wKbHF97zE )

Click on that big red CC icon to get Closed Captioning.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod user, you have to download the latest YouTube App to get the Closed Captioning function on your device.

Special thanks to theice9 for converting the CC subtitle to srt format: Download Subtitles (SRT File) If you are going to use the srt file for your own re-encoding, please keep in mind that the timing might be a fraction of a second off.

UPDATE: The SRT file has been tested with the Shit-Raws 720p RAW and it syncs up correctly.

This post has been edited by Perry on Nov 11 2012, 03:17 AM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
  Posted: Nov 10 2012, 06:35 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

PearSubs leaps onto the scene! Thanks!
Tessou
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 06:39 AM

NO BLACK ★ NO LIFE
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

I'm Barack Obama and I approve that message.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
korntwist
  Posted: Nov 10 2012, 06:44 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,306

yay! english subs!! smile.gif
nasaeepandai59
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 06:45 AM

The One and Only Monstro

Member No.: 38,928

Arigato Arigato Arigato smile.gif

Let the battles begin...
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 06:53 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Just finished watching episode 2. Without spoiling any plot, here's what I've noticed.

PROS
・The cars have SUSPENSION!! I am seriously blown away watching them attack corners and seeing the cars actually react dynamically instead of being perfectly level.
・The lighting on the 3D models is way better than before, even if the models themselves haven't changed one bit.
・The engine sounds appear to be better. In particular, the FD sounds much more like a rotary than a hairdryer.
・The music is great as usual, especially that remix of Project.D.

CONS
・The 2D budget seems to have been cut. On top of the character redesigns (which is... not that bad, it kinda reminds me of Second Stage) there are the car interiors. Every single car's interior has a static 2D cel. No gauges react at all to anything. Every car is going the same speed at the same revs no matter what the car is actually doing. It is the most glaringly annoying thing.
・PACING SUCKS BALLS. pinch2.gif

So with only two cons and a bunch of pros, I'm loving it.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 07:18 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

The gages don't move? Looks like I'll have to be watch the episode a third time to see. awesome.gif

Amazing job with the subs Perry. They must take forever to translate and format. Thank you so much for taking the time out to do this for us. You're the best. As for the episode review, Keisuke's shirt is still bugging me. What's up with some of the clothes designs in here man? They look so dorky! laugh.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
pingu86
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 07:22 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 39,079

I did notice it, when Takumi drive the imperza, the gauge stuck at 100km/j, even do he is maneuvering thru corner...
muret
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 07:52 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 27,263

@perry

thank you for the effort, thank you for the subs smile.gif
Yengeto
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 08:56 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 39,093

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
No gauges react at all to anything. Every car is going the same speed at the same revs no matter what the car is actually doing. It is the most glaringly annoying thing.

Because good drivers don't need the car gauges...They need to focus on the road.
Thisdj80
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 09:03 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,250

720 P version of episode 2 on Youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=8KY6XnmUpxQ

Subs seem to have been adapted from IDW subs!
kyonpalm
  Posted: Nov 10 2012, 09:06 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Yengeto @ 10 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Because good drivers don't need the car gauges...They need to focus on the road.

Yeah. They don't need rear view mirrors, either.

user posted image
Vortrex
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 09:09 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

Great news!!!
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 09:15 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Yengeto @ 19 minutes, 0 seconds ago)

Yes...the show that made a point of showing the cars in exhausting detail inside and out no longer providing that level of quality to the interior is obviously because the characters aren't looking at the gauges. derp.gif
whu
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 09:17 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,312

QUOTE (Perry @ 3 hours, 35 minutes ago)
Finally, six hours later, I finish translating Episode 2. Enjoy! The subs might not be 100% accurate because they are translated from Chinese. So don't kill me if I got something wrong. I don't have the .srt file by the way. So if someone wants to rip the CC subtitle from YouTube, go ahead. Make sure you credit [IDW Fansubs] when you make modifications to the subs. Thanks!

Thank you, i have seen enough ID to partially understand the japanese anyway so the subs, perfect are not are beautiful. Thanks again!
mutation666
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 01:18 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 39,204

These first two episodes were both cliff hangers sad.gif why do they have to torture me like this.
theice9
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 01:36 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,208

Here is the srt file for the english subtitle.

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 6582 )
This attach file is hidden from Guests. Please log in to Download.
Perry
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 02:20 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (theice9 @ 43 minutes, 59 seconds ago)

Thank you very much for converting the CC subtitle to srt format!! ohmy.gif It's a pain and I don't think there's an automated way to do it. You did it by hand right? Anyways, good stuff!!

One thing about the CC subtitle, the timing might be off by a little bit, maybe a fraction of a second or so. Something to note if you are going to use it for your own re-encoding.
muret
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 02:27 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 27,263

QUOTE (theice9 @ 50 minutes, 32 seconds ago)

yey thanks! now i can watch the hd with subs smile.gif
Filphil
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 04:03 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 2,699

QUOTE (Thisdj80 @ 7 hours, 0 minutes ago)
720 P version of episode 2 on Youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=8KY6XnmUpxQ

Subs seem to have been adapted from IDW subs!

Quoting this for awesome.
ManicVJ
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 04:55 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 17,749

QUOTE (theice9 @ 3 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Thanks for the subs Perry and thanks again for the SRT rip theice9, if loaded with the Shit-Raws 720P RAW in VLC they match up perfectly happy.gif.
Banken
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 05:29 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

QUOTE (Perry @ Today, 5:42 AM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmHluPIjbSA

Click on that big red CC icon to get Closed Captioning.
For iPhone/iPad/iPod user, you have to download the latest YouTube App to get the Closed Captioning function on your device.

Special thanks to theice9 for converting the CC subtitle to srt format: http://idforums.net/index.php?act=Attach&t...post&id=1254218 If you are going to use the srt file for your own re-encoding, please keep in mind that the timing might be a fraction of a second off.

These subs are by and large very good. There's a few mistranslations but nothing major.

For example,
SPOILER

sephiroth99
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 05:55 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 10,674

I downloaded the ep1 .srt file from the OP. Am I the only one where there's a lot of duplicate text in it?

Anyway I fixed most of it (see attached) Watched it with the Zero-Raws raw, everything seemed OK to me (I understood the story at least!)

This post has been edited by sephiroth99 on Nov 10 2012, 05:57 PM

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 6 )
This attach file is hidden from Guests. Please log in to Download.
Lebon14
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 06:11 PM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (sephiroth99 @ 15 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
I downloaded the ep1 .srt file from the OP. Am I the only one where there's a lot of duplicate text in it?

Anyway I fixed most of it (see attached) Watched it with the Zero-Raws raw, everything seemed OK to me (I understood the story at least!)

My .ass didn't have this problem. The thing, what sage has done, is that they overlayed two layers of text to make an effect. Converting to SRT the subtitle file threw everything out the window. And the scrolling text should be even worse as there is like hundreds of lines for that section so it can scroll. The one who actually converted the file to .srt and offered it for download... did not take the right decision to do so. Should have kept my original re-timed .ass
Todeshornisse
Posted: Nov 10 2012, 06:20 PM

SBK on Tour

Member No.: 11,698

Thanks for the quick translation. This proves again the worth of this forum. This is - IMO - the only place of ID fans around the world.

26 Pages  « 15 16 17 18 19 »