Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing move - Blazin' Beat (tv ver.)

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

13 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 131,208  ·  Replies: 315 
> Upcoming Anime Season Discussion, Discuss the upcoming anime season
xkhol
Posted: Aug 4 2006, 11:50 AM

>_>

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,958

ANN says it's a remake, and the art is different, and it actually resembles Akamatsu's art.
haspieuw
Posted: Aug 4 2006, 12:14 PM

IDW Lurker

Member No.: 2,006

Thanks for the news !1
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 4 2006, 08:51 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Wow, I can't believe nobody noticed this little gem.

September 9th, 2006: Baldr Force EXE Resolution OVA

http://www.trinet-ent.com/baldrforce/index.html

user posted image
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Aug 5 2006, 04:18 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM)
September 9th, 2006: Baldr Force EXE Resolution OVA

Alchemist title by the same studio that did Macross Zero, Heatguy J, and Noein... dribble.gif

Another OVA that's coming up.

Name: _Summer / アンダーバーサマー
Date: Oct. 2006
URL: http://anime.softgarage.com/_summer/index.html
Synopsis: Hook’s bestselling date sim finally getting the anime production fans called for. The work is being handled by the same house that helped oversee Navel’s input in Soul Link.

user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Dec 14 2007, 04:16 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
xkhol
Posted: Aug 5 2006, 04:08 PM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958

From AQS's translator, Sushi-Y

Negima!? anime:

Think of it as psuedo-Negima. The characters are the same, but the story and settings are probably not related to the manga Negima at all.

From those two pages on Negima!? in the ch145 scans, we learned a few things:

1) According to rumors, 3-A's students will each have multiple cards. Unlike the pactio cards of the original manga (which is basically a tool used to summon artifacts), the cards that appear in Negima!? will each have specialized abilities. You can see some of the cards in the background.

2) New characters(?) will be making an appearance. Namely, those two odd plush dolls on the first page.

3) Notice that the anime is going to be airing in an afternoon slot (5:30PM) under TV Tokyo (notorious for their strict rules over anime contents "not suitable for children"). This immediately shows that this is going to be a much more "all-age" anime aimed at a mainstream audience.

Negima!? manga:

According to the newest information from Shonen Magazine and Comic Bonbon, as well as MOON PHASE, a new Negima manga based on the upcoming new Negima anime, "Negima!?", will begin serialization on the November issue the monthly magazine "Comic Bonbon", also owned by Kodansha.

The mangaka will be Fujima Takuya of Essentia. An artist who's active in both the commercial manga business, as well as doujin productions. (His drawing style tends to be kind of ero-moe, but retaining a really clean look) I've seen his art from "EVE~ New Generation~" on CompAce, it's quite nice. (For some reason, I really want to see how he draws Takamichi ^^; )

Comic Bonbon is targeted towards elementary school-age readers, so the contents of this manga should be quite "all-age".

(Why they would hire an ero-moe artist to work on a manga targeted at elementary school-age readers is beyond me though ^^; )

The new series starts October 4th

Got it off GFAQs
xiao
  Posted: Aug 5 2006, 06:54 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Sushi-Y)
(Why they would hire an ero-moe artist to work on a manga targeted at elementary school-age readers is beyond me though ^^; )

*cough* Ichigo Mashimaro *cough*
BOZZ
Posted: Aug 5 2006, 06:54 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Add two more shows to my list... Weird about the Negima... so that means the new anime is completely new... weird... Oh well not too surprising about the new mangaka... since Akamatsu did doujinshi before becoming a mangaka....
Hardeep
Posted: Aug 5 2006, 10:29 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,318

Since when did Genshiken take a backseat?! That series is way more important than Kujibiki Unbalance!
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 08:00 AM

New Series: October 5th, 2006 Mecha series

Gin-iro no Olynsis

Not many details are available, aside from it being produced by Toei Animation, with character designs from Hirashi Hirai (of Gundam Seed/Scryed fame).

user posted image user posted image

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Sep 7 2006, 08:00 AM
haspieuw
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 08:42 AM

IDW Lurker

^^

perhaps in the same style as Fafner ?
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 09:18 AM

Who knows... As I said, no details just yet... tongue.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 09:27 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

...this is getting completely out of hand. Can't that Hirashi person make any original designs for once!?!? Anyone who tells me that chick doesn't look exactly like Lacus needs to get their eyes checked out.

Sheesh. I don't mind the designs themselves. It's the fact that they're all exactly like Gundam Seed that bothers me. >.>
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 09:28 AM

Oh, it just so happens the blogger (Makenaidesuyo/ayyo) said the very same thing... her name is apparently Tea or something...
haspieuw
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 09:56 AM

IDW Lurker

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Today at 10:18 AM)
Who knows... As I said, no details just yet... tongue.gif

well its just a speculation from my point of view
that new mecha does look some biomechanical
perhaps its a story about a boy who later have to save the world from destruction
like EVA, Rahxephon ... whistling.gif

its just my cents ... but thanks for the info,BOZZ
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 7 2006, 03:33 PM

New details from AnimeNFO:

AD 3567. The human beings has lost their once [great[ civilization, and they are living on desolated grounds. Although their lives are frightened by Gardener, a mysterious unmanned mobile weapon sent from the moon, strong boys and girls become Gardener hunters to earn daily bread. Furthermore, although the civilization was ruined, because of the high-tech maintenance free technologies, limited functions of cities are still working to support people’s lives. Then, a boy’s visit to a city opens the door of their destinies…

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6426/upsf003460fk1.jpg

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Sep 8 2006, 10:06 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 11:57 PM

Just a quick update, this thread is for discussion of upcoming anime seasons, it will be flushed every few months... I guess every summer season would be just about right!

A reminder from your local area A&M Moderator
AE86 RULZ !!!
Posted: Sep 16 2006, 02:24 AM

Cry Havoc, Let Slip The Dogs Of War.

Member No.: 14,161

The ones I was planing on getting were:

Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Iroha Ni Hoheto

DEATH NOTE - I was going to start the manga but when I heard this was coming out a month or so ago I out it on hold to watch it first.

D.Gray-man

Negima!? - Seen this first season and currently reading the manga, looking forward to this but I heard it dosen't continue on from the previous series.

Busou Renkin - Currently reading and really looking forward to it.

AFRO SAMURAI - Saw a trailer for this and looks cool laugh2.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 28 2006, 05:32 PM

Well... Just saw a trailer for Sumomo Momomo... and it's so... nostalgic... it reminds me of Ranma 1/2 quite a bit...

http://www.makenaidesuwayo.com/2006/09/28/...momomo-trailer/
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 02:49 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

lol, i see where you got the comparison to ranma from. But the female leads character design reminds of of Aka in REC too happy.gif

But yea can't wait! Death Note is almost here, just gotta hold out until the 3rd of October and a week or so for the subs to come out! >.<
outlaw-2
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 08:01 AM

Always Lurking...

Member No.: 20,050

Damn... And I thought Black Lagoon 2, and Rozen Maiden OVA was in the list... I was looking forward for those two animes.

EDIT: Wait a minute... I noticed something at wikipedia...

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage, scheduled to be released in Japan on Fall 2006

Looks like we have another one coming.

EDIT 2: Hold on for a sec, again at wikipedia

The new special for the TV series Rozen Maiden is set to premiere in winter 2006 titled, “Rozen Maiden Ouvertüre.” Set as the prequel to the TV series, it is often speculated that this special will focus on the character Suigintou. In addition, ALI PROJECT will once again lend their talents for the opening.

Well, this defeats my original reply...

This post has been edited by outlaw-2 on Sep 29 2006, 08:09 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 09:58 PM

I never quite understood the popularity of Rozen Maiden, what's so good about it?

I'm kind of disappointed that Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni won't have an expansion of sorts, such as an OVA, since the story covered by the animation is about 3/4's of the game story... sad.gif
Kurama408
Posted: Oct 6 2006, 03:08 PM

Mada Mada Dane

Member No.: 1,740

I'm going to list anime series that I've seen that are out and by what fansub groups that I know of.

Black-order ( formerly known as Lechie), SDProject- D.Gray-Man

Eclipse & Static-Subs - Kanon 2006

LunarAnime, Your-Mom - Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na Crescent Love

Eclipse - Pumpkin Scissors

Doremi Fansubs & Shining-Fansubs - Yoshinaga-san'chi no Gargoyle

Kyuuketsuki, Shinsen-subs - Black Blood Brothers

Your-Mom, Shinsen-subs - Black Lagoon

Let the Dling begin. grin2.gif

This post has been edited by Kurama408 on Oct 6 2006, 03:09 PM
xiao
  Posted: Oct 10 2006, 01:42 AM

moon bunny

The new wave of shows washed in last week, and per usual as of late, half of them are slightly unimpressive or impressively unsightly, take your pick.

After the disappointing, although nicely animated, Gundam Seed ripoff Code Geass, the flock of unoriginal love comedies, the usual mediocre ero-game adaptations, the quirk-offs like Galaxy Angel and Hitman Reborn, and the aesthetical comatose Pumpkin Scissors and D.Gray-man. There are a couple of shows that stood out for me.

Death Note - What can't be said that already hasn't. The show is dialogue, or thought-heavy. So far they've done a great job keeping the atmosphere. On the Death Note thread, xkhol mentioned that they should stop the anime half way. I agree with all my heart. Death Note is a great manga, and the anime follows suit, but concerning the second half of the story. I doubt anyone cares for a pajama-clad fifteen year old Sherlock that solves Raito's gradually unintelligent shenanigans. As far as I'm concerned
Near and Mello never existed, and Raito never died.

Red Garden - Haven't watched it, probably won't. The plot just doesn't catch my attention, but for the ten seconds that I saw it, it looks pretty good.

Souten No Ken - Fist of the Blue Sky. What do you get when you put Kenshiro of FotNS in an episode of Crying Freeman? Well, you get a show that's rough around the edges, but softly whispers in your ears, “お前はもう死んでい。” Then the ending credits roll to the foreshadowing backdrop of Kenshiro in a desert. By the way, after the touching ending theme, your head explodes grin2.gif

009-1 - The art should be a complete trip down Ishinomori lane. The story is nicely executed, and the best way to describe it is to have James Bond impregnate Anne Parillaud, then watch as the child is brought-up by Go Nagai's spiritual father. In other words, it's good.

Kanon - So I watched the Toei Kanon some weeks ago, and they're not even on the same level regarding style and animation. This revamped adaptation is in every way the ideal Kanon anime, lest they choose not to follow Ayu's path, which is very unlikely. And now to completely contradict myself. My eyes were a little irritated by the end of the episode, so instead of Visine I used Tabasco sauce. Because frankly, watching paint dry is much more arousing. If you're a fan, dig in! But it's just not my thing.

Irohanihoheto - Kenshin + Samurai Champloo + Sunrise, divided by a block of dry wood. If you're into samurai, old Japan, or any of the Last Blade SNK games, you'll like this show. If you're like me, you're better off watching reruns of 24.

Saikyou Kenichi - Did you like Eyeshield 21? Do you like karate? Did you like the girls in Amaenaideyo? Does punching tatami mats while yelling Bruce Lee catchphrases make you excited... why are you wasting your time answering my questions? Go watch it now, this show's flippin awesome.

A couple of more anime are still set to air during this month, and quite a bit more from November onwards. Some are definitively worth noting, some not. It wasn't my intention to put down any show you may have recently gotten into. Hope this little review was helpful, and keep a look out for certain gems set to air in the forthcoming months.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 06:17 AM

user posted image

Engage Planet Kissdum

It's the year A.D. 2031, and humans continue with their progress and prosperity. However, they witness the appearance of an extraordinary lifeform "Hadian". One day, this lifeforms suddenly multiplied and started attacking humans. The organisation in charge of researching this lifeform, the N.I.D.F., sent out their pilots to take on the invasion. On the other hand, the researchers at N.I.D.F. discover the "Dead Man's Book" and attempts to solve its mysteries, which probably has something to do with the Hadian invasion.

Coming: Spring 2007

Notable information: Two Mix is doing the OP for this series.

Idolmaster Xenoglossia

user posted image

Originally a penny arcade game where you manage a girl into the idol stardom, that is until Sunrise got a hold of it, and added mecha. Not much on the story is really known aside from this but it has Yui Horie in one of the main roles so it's got to be good. tongue.gif
Lebon14
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 07:15 AM

🎧

Member No.: 18,005

:w00t:
Here is my list!

Gift ~Gift~ eternal rainbow
Kanon
Yoakemae Yori Ruri Iro Na Crescent Love
Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch
Otome Hao Anesama Ni Koi Shiteru
Asatte No Houkou
Mamoru Kun Ni Megami No Shukufuku Wo!
Galaxy Ange II
Tokimeki Memorial Only Love
Negima!?
Soukou No Strain
RED GARDEN
Finalist
Sumomomomomo ~Chijyo Saikyou No Yome~

Most of the time, I'm attracted by the graphics. Too, I'll be able to fill up a good part of my *new* 200 GB HDD with those animes. He he. Thanks to xiao_la for the infos and images.

13 Pages  1 2 3 4 »