Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - time machine

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 15 16 17 18 19 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 269,453  ·  Replies: 509 
> Teknoparrot now supports ID4 through IDZ
SonicSP
Posted: Jun 29 2018, 08:26 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Not exactly sure what you are saying, is the control going left and right all the time?

If you are using Xbox controller, no need Vjoy and UCR. Just go TP Emulation Settings, choose Xinput. Then make sure Sto0z setting is ticked and set to around 26%.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jun 29 2018, 08:27 PM
krs73
Posted: Jul 4 2018, 07:30 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,138

Did anyone try ID4 yet, is it worth to download? best regards krs
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 4 2018, 11:37 AM

Nagao Fanboy

D4 in general is not considered to be a very good game by most people in the IDAS community.

But aside from that, there’s no way to cap the FPS to 60 yet which greatly affects the gameplay and physics negatively. Teknoparrot also requires Windows 10 for Lindbergh emulation so that also excludes some people who use older Windows OSes.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 4 2018, 11:39 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 5 2018, 01:58 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,903

Bit weird that they emulated D4 first before D5, considering how many people hate it. Is D5 really that difficult to emulate on PC?
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 5 2018, 03:23 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ 1 hour, 24 minutes ago)
Bit weird that they emulated D4 first before D5, considering how many people hate it. Is D5 really that difficult to emulate on PC?

It’s probabaly done for order, afterall D6 was done before D7 and D8 for the Ringedge Windows system games. D4 would be the first Lindbergh IDAS game.

Also D4 actually exists in English, which is a big plus too.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 5 2018, 03:24 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 9 2018, 10:10 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

D4 is horrendous and if you want to play it that badly just get the PS3 game instead since they use the same physics engine.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
krs73
Posted: Jul 10 2018, 10:00 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 24,138

thanks for your reply, i already own the Initial D Extreme Stage, was just wondering, but since it would need to install dualboot win10 it is not worth it. ID5 would be interesting, i heard that the physics are quite different from the other versions...just played Ver. 3 on Demul again and nothing beats the frantic wheel work and flow of that version....
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 13 2018, 03:38 AM

IDW Jr. Member

It’s probabaly done for order, afterall D6 was done before D7 and D8 for the Ringedge Windows system games. D4 would be the first Lindbergh IDAS game.

Also D4 actually exists in English, which is a big plus too.

Ah that makes sense. Can't wait for D5 support - hopefully in 2-3 months time judging by previous release windows? Unfortunately I think that will be it for IDAS. I don't see Zero being emulated anytime soon.

I wonder if Sega's new racer (unimaginatively called Sega WDC) can be emulated? It's based on Super GT (Japan's highest level of touring cars). Coming from Gran Turismo these cars are like the bread and butter of my childhood. Pretty awesome to see arcade racing using them!

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyb-znBEO9g )
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 13 2018, 08:41 AM

Nagao Fanboy

The problem with IDAS Lindbergh loading at the moment is that there’s no way to limit the FPS. It can only run at 90 or something I recall which greatly interferes with the physics.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 13 2018, 08:41 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 13 2018, 10:31 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Not even with an external program like MSI Afterburner? Seems a bit odd if Teknoparrot can override global system settings.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 13 2018, 10:53 PM

Nagao Fanboy

It’s an issue with the emulation to my knowledge. I guess they are complications involved. The Lindbergh platform (which are what D4 and D5 are on) runs on a Linux based-OS - while our computers are running Windows.

The difference between this and D6/7/8 is that those are on on the Sega Ringedge platforms, which are Windows-based (IE they really are just semi custom underpowered Windows PCs).

So loading a Windows PC game (D6/7/8) on a Windows PC computer is way more simpler than emulating a Linux game (D4/5) on Windows.

It’s also why they chose to support MT5 as well since it is Windows-based whereas MT4 is Linux based.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 13 2018, 10:57 PM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 14 2018, 02:55 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Ah gotcha. That is really interesting to know. I guess it's the same issue with Playstation difficulties in emulating previous generations, because they all run different architectures, whereas all XBOXes run Windows so it's a lot easier to make new consoles backwards compatible. Sucks really but beggars can't be choosers lol. Here's hoping they crack the code soon.

Do you know what Zero runs on?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 14 2018, 08:54 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Operating System != architecture. Just putting that out there. It's still x86.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 14 2018, 10:06 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ 6 hours, 34 minutes ago)
Do you know what Zero runs on?

Yes, D0 runs on Sega’s Nu2 platform which is basically an underpowered Windows PC.

https://segaretro.org/Nu

One of the reasons why D6/7/8 is so easy to load on our PCs is because 90% of the equipment and software is already compatible. Just need to emulate a few extra things and stuff like the card reader and maybe some compatibility stuff like shaders for AMD cards. Still requires quite some work but massively easier than getting it to work on a different OS platform or instruction set architecture.

Sega also uses them in likelihood because they are cheap and off the shelf.

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ 6 hours, 34 minutes ago)
Ah gotcha. That is really interesting to know. I guess it's the same issue with Playstation difficulties in emulating previous generations, because they all run different architectures, whereas all XBOXes run Windows so it's a lot easier to make new consoles backwards compatible. Sucks really but beggars can't be choosers lol. Here's hoping they crack the code soon.

Not technically correct but you’re spiritually right in the sense that there are incompatibilities involved that makes it harder or impossible.

PS4 and Xbox One have the same problem in backwards compatibility in the sense that both their chips are x86-based (the Intel-owned chip architecture used in traditional PCs for decades), whereas their predecessors run Cell (PS3) and PowerPC (360) respectfully.

Even during the PS3’s generation, Cell had a bad reputation of being very hard to program for. As a result, a lot of cross platform games didn’t take full advantage of the PS3’s specs because it’s hard to do so. Cell was also one of the reasons why the PS3’s launch price was so high - it costed a lot of money to develop. It makes the PS3 very powerful compared to its specs, but squeezing out that power was difficult.

The reason why Xbox One could do 360 backwards compatibility was because the PowerPC isn’t as challenging of an architecture though still quite difficult to emulate/convert to x86. In addition, Microsoft tends to have better software developers than Sony as a result of primarily being a software company. Still, when the 360 backwards compatibility was announced some years back it was considered to be quite a technical achievement I recall. It certainly wasn’t expected.

As for the Original Xbox, it also x86-based just like the Xbox One, so I assume they can make backwards compatibility for those games more easily because of it.

The reason why the Switch cannot run Wii U games is the same. The Switch’s processor is ARM-based, the same chip type that runs on our smartphones. By contrast the Wii U’s processor is PowerPC-based.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 15 2018, 05:55 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: Jul 21 2018, 01:00 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Holy smokes, ID Zero just got a Best Motoring themed update with Gunsai touge in it! ohmy.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=&v=mJCMWusGtU0 )

http://initiald.sega.jp/inid0/course/index.html

Oddly it seemed they modified the track to make it longer AND it's point-to-point instead of a looped circuit. Don't know why, it's such an iconic track it's almost heresy.

Damn now I can't wait until D0 emulation is possible on PC dry.gif laugh2.gif
Phil Matic
Posted: Aug 20 2018, 06:40 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,163

Just got this game. I plan on using an Xbox One controller. Can anyone walk me through how to map the buttons? Because apparently simply mapping through TeknoParrot doesn't work
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 21 2018, 03:17 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Try set it through Xinput instead of DirectInput. Direct press should just work for mapping Xbox Controllers.
Phil Matic
Posted: Aug 21 2018, 10:11 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 6 hours, 54 minutes ago)
Try set it through Xinput instead of DirectInput. Direct press should just work for mapping Xbox Controllers.

I tried that, yet no buttons work at all, not even the start button
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 21 2018, 10:50 PM

Nagao Fanboy

In that case, download a new Teknoparrot from the main site and then use that one. Do it even if it’s the same version.

That has worked for me in the last strangely when I can’t map stuff. Worth a shot.
Phil Matic
Posted: Aug 27 2018, 09:33 AM

Shmuck

Before I do that, I want to make sure the download works properly. considering that my Windows Defender will spring into action. What steps should I take to ensure that it works properly?
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 27 2018, 12:24 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Not sure how to do it but you can add exceptions to Windows Defender. I don’t use it so I don’t know how.
BB94
Posted: Aug 27 2018, 05:57 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,185

Hi I'm playing Initial D 8 with a keyboard and I'm having trouble getting pass the first chapter of the story mode because I'm experiencing a loss of speed whenever I'm steering, I'm losing speed even when I'm trying to straighten the car while on the straights, it's like as if the car would brake whenever I steer (as a result, I can hardly go faster than 150km/h at any time), I've watched several gameplays of people playing the game with their keyboard on YouTube and it seem to work fine, is there any advice on what I can do to fix this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! awesome.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 27 2018, 07:05 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Hello.

It is because your car has not been upgraded yet. At lower levels you will experience huge speed loss when you steer and is part of the gameplay design. You’ll need to gather points and upgrade it. If you have enough points to upgrade a part, you’ll be prompted to during the post-race screen. (or you can just hack the points and upgrade your car easily)

Also, is your game running at 60FPS? That’s kind of important too since lower FPS will literally slow down the physics of the game.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 27 2018, 07:55 PM
BB94
Posted: Aug 27 2018, 08:32 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,185

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 26 minutes ago)
Hello.

It is because your car has not been upgraded yet. At lower levels you will experience huge speed loss when you steer and is part of the gameplay design. You’ll need to gather points and upgrade it. If you have enough points to upgrade a part, you’ll be prompted to during the post-race screen. (or you can just hack the points and upgrade your car easily)

Also, is your game running at 60FPS? That’s kind of important too since lower FPS will literally slow down the physics of the game.

Oh is that so? I used to play Initial d at arcades and it's usually pretty easy to get pass the first few chapters in story mode even for a noob like me, but I haven't played Initial D in a long time so things may have changed, I shall try to buy some upgrades and hopefully the car will drive better in-game!

As for the FPS, it's kind of unpredictable I guess, the game will run quite smoothly for one race and suddenly experience a drop in FPS the next (and everything appears to run in slow motion), I'm not sure why is that as well but thanks for your reply:)
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 28 2018, 07:31 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I suspect the FPS drops is the main reason why you are slow in addition to the fact that your car is not upgraded yet. The game will slow down drastically when your FPS is dropped as the physics engine is tied to FPS. In other words high FPS = fast, low FPS = slow.

Run below 60FPS and you will be way slower than the normal game, run above 60 and it will be way faster. (if you have a 120Hz monitor and a PC with the power and your car will act like a rocket) This is not an issue in the arcade because it keeps a constant solid 60FPS. Some PC ports of console games like Vanquish and GTAV had this problem at release too.

1 FPS makes a huge difference in speed in his game, not exaggerating.

This is the difference between 50 and 60FPS in a D7 test I did. The video doesn’t mention it because I wasn’t aware that is what the cause (I thought it was a full screen/Windows) but FPS was the direct reason. The 50FPS moves a lot slower. It’s not reflected in the speedometer however. Exact same thing applies to D8.

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/6Q0P8FKAeZM )

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 28 2018, 01:13 PM

21 Pages  « 15 16 17 18 19 »