Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing SaGa - -MADOKA-

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 10,533  ·  Replies: 104 
> IDAS4 VS WMT3, choose your side
sannin
Posted: Sep 9 2007, 07:09 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,080

QUOTE (rcolin53 @ Sep 5 2007, 11:01 PM)
wm3 just for fun

idas for pro's! w00t2.gif

that true. maximum tune is just simply fun. initial d is quite demanding and sometimes can be more frustrating than fun.
rcolin53
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 06:46 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 26,387

therefore idas4 is better, hehe,

man, who would vote wmmt3 in a ID forum?, hehe grin2.gif
J]-[UN
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 07:22 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,953

Actually I played hanshin line the other day....@_@ im currently in the stage where the game is freakin cool n fun

It wont last though
cell
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 08:48 AM

IDW Loyal Member

Member No.: 4,926

how do u know it wont last?
J]-[UN
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 07:51 PM

IDW Supremo Member

cos i found wmmt2 fun as well but it got boring for me quite fast
DeMarcus[of TGA]
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 07:54 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 26,299

QUOTE (rcolin53 @ Today at 6:46 AM)
therefore idas4 is better, hehe,

man, who would vote wmmt3 in a ID forum?, hehe  grin2.gif

Well Considering there's a Wangan board inversely, some people might do both (like me).

I must say I have much more fun playing Maximum Tune for a couple of facts. Firstly, I find the multi-player much more exhilarating in Wangan because it's four player enabled, it's realistic highway driving, and it's got a better manga. (In my opinion)

The Single-player also gets a tip to Wangan. The fact that every race blends story before, during, and after is such a more engrossing feeling. Also the fact that difficulty of the single-player gets way harder (around the 20's).

However the draw-backs to Wangan are huge ones. I feel the game in the beginning is nothing more than a cheap hp war until you start getting close to finishing your tunes where you get to see the fact that some cars just simply can't beat other cars unless they eat the wall like a three course meal. After that much time and effort, you kinda feel cheated. Add that with the fact that most of the courses in Wangan are redundant (or the leader can choose it to be) take away from the real point of choosing different tracks. So in the beginning Wangan has way more tracks per-se, but you'll notice later that their really is only three real courses you can race on.

But hey that's my two cents...

ps: music Initial-D < Wangan... Because although I love eurobeat (been listening to SEB since 130) Yuzo Koshiro = <3

This post has been edited by DeMarcus[of TGA] on Sep 10 2007, 08:01 PM
J]-[UN
Posted: Sep 10 2007, 11:45 PM

IDW Supremo Member

wangan music sounds great WHILE you're playing but its kinda dull by itself... @_@

MonkeyMarc
  Posted: Apr 27 2008, 05:48 AM

-monkey behind the wheel-

Member No.: 29,378

Actually, shouldn't this topic should be posted in some kinda "general discussion" forum? Cos obviously the majority of people who visit this forum are people who play Initial D, and why would they play InitialD if they prefer WMMT3? ermm2.gif

...just my opinion grin2.gif
DamienWolf
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 05:51 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (MonkeyMarc @ Today at 9:48 PM)
Actually, shouldn't this topic should be posted in some kinda "general discussion" forum? Cos obviously the majority of people who visit this forum are people who play Initial D, and why would they play InitialD if they prefer WMMT3? ermm2.gif

You did notice this was an 8-month-old thread, right? Pls dont dig up old threads unless its information nobody has seen before.
Kenji
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 09:22 AM

Diesel freak!

Member No.: 25,899

QUOTE (MonkeyMarc @ Yesterday at 9:48 PM)

Oh, you're very very wrong...
If I have the money, effort and most importantly- the interest, I'll play both of the games. IDW is a big forum you know. A lot of them never touched an ID machine before.

And just to let you know, most MT3 players are ex-ID4 players. wink2.gif
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 09:43 AM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

To the people that say Maximum Tune is all straights: there's a MOUNTAIN COURSE! (Hakone) If you haven't tried out Hakone, it's basically Shomaru mixed in with Tsukuba a little bit. If the mountain course doesn't convince you enough, play OSAKA or HANSHIN LOOP LINE and just try saying that Maximum Tune is all straights.
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 03:57 PM

Project Legacy Captain

Member No.: 25,395

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ Today at 10:43 AM)
To the people that say Maximum Tune is all straights: there's a MOUNTAIN COURSE! (Hakone) If you haven't tried out Hakone, it's basically Shomaru mixed in with Tsukuba a little bit. If the mountain course doesn't convince you enough, play OSAKA or HANSHIN LOOP LINE and just try saying that Maximum Tune is all straights.

hokone is perhaps the only course i like in maximum tune because its like ID4
BDDEE@
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 04:33 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (toookoooldrew118 @ Today at 9:57 AM)
hokone is perhaps the only course i like in maximum tune because its like ID4

no offense man but in reference to hakone thats the most retarded thing iv ever heard
and of course mt3 is not all straights...its just wangan line and even that has a big long corner at start/finish depending on what direction you play
Mos
Posted: May 10 2008, 07:43 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 29,502

My vote is on IDAS4. The awesome graphics and nice replays back plus great external mods got my attention which made me retire to play wmmt3 forever grin2.gif
RooP
Posted: May 10 2008, 10:28 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 28,314

i can fall asleep when i see people play mt3. why? cos of the freaking long roads. laugh.gif

another reason why i dont like mt3 are the retards of my local mt3 community (apart from my team mates who played ID too). fancy picking a fight over a MT3 game becos of SLAMMING. sounds stupid right? but its true. tongue.gif
they are far worse then those who played ID.

lastly the reason is the stupid cabin. im tall yeah thus its not my fault but the cabin is way too small for my legs to tuck in unlike ID which still have decent room space for me. laugh.gif

lastly like what i had always maintained as my philosophy,

"I still dont like WMMT, so what can you do to me? Kill me?" grin2.gif

so those MT3 supporters out there. no offence. but you wont get my vote for sure. cool.gif
n3muru_zha1
Posted: May 10 2008, 11:53 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

but in KL...one things i've seen clearly is WMMT 3 is getting more and more popular and IDAS4 had become lesser and lesser people to play...but i still support IDAS4...hope that it can become popular...
BDDEE@
Posted: May 11 2008, 12:52 AM

IDW Goldmember

just play the game you enjoy man, most of those people are just losers who jump in with bandwagons and follow whatevers more popular whether it be initial d or maximum tune
because last i checked people played games because they enjoyed it, not because more people play it than another game
Bu`DoNg
Posted: May 11 2008, 02:45 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,286

ah yes. even if the game is not popular..as long as i enjoy it. i dont really bother abt wad the others say. =P but it would certainly be better to have more ppl to play so that we can maintain the competitive feeling. haha.

so even thou there are sooooo many complains abt idas4 v1.5 by so many ppl, i will still be playing it to enjoy the game . grin2.gif grin2.gif grin2.gif
i would rather spend the time mastering the game rather den finding faults shifty2.gif

This post has been edited by Bu`DoNg on May 11 2008, 02:47 AM
jiahao1001
Posted: May 11 2008, 04:50 AM

SooKooBah Fan ^.^

Member No.: 26,189

The idas4 machines are behind the wangan machines at my arcade...so...

I Love it when the whole crowd around the mt3 machines come over to idas4 to see u play... makes playing alone bearable....heheh

Btw if u thot the idas machines were easier to maintain BOY wait till u try to maintain the mt3 machines with the little kids wanking the metal shifters so hard...
Jerry Liu
Posted: May 11 2008, 09:05 AM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

Maximum Tune gives you more of an adrenaline rush when you play because of the awesome techno music and the super high speed racing when you're trying to dodge traffic.
Initial D is just entertaining because it's just fun drifting through those corners.
At my local arcade, Maximum Tune is more popular to the regulars whereas Initial D is more popular to tourists and whatnot.
Just to let you guys know, there are more turns in Maximum Tune than there are straights.
PS: I play both equally, so I would know. wink2.gif

This post has been edited by Jerry Liu on May 11 2008, 09:13 AM
BDDEE@
Posted: May 11 2008, 06:24 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Jerry Liu @ Today at 3:05 AM)
PS: I play both equally, so I would know. wink2.gif

rofl so do most of us
but if you didnt realise this thread is really old
before alot of people played maximum tune also
DEX
Posted: Jun 25 2008, 01:50 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 29,881

QUOTE (BDDEE@ @ May 11 2008, 06:24 PM)
rofl so do most of us
but if you didnt realise this thread is really old
before alot of people played maximum tune also

i guess so many people choose maxi tune because it was affordable and no crazy hairpins. there is tough corners in maximum tune too but not tight corners.
both are fun, (im also a member of wmexpressway also) but im not gonna go that fast any where soon but i found initial d before wangan because when tokyo drift came out i watched alot of video option and initial d when i saw shuto express it opened my eyes past the safe 600hp.
in other words.... bad azz games
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Jun 28 2008, 08:45 PM

The Legendary R Master

Member No.: 29,882

Both games are fun..I'm good at those 2 and I know they're better than anyone.. happy.gif
DK_2
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 08:49 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

yeh.
i played id4 yesterday.
and maxi tune today. laugh.gif
Dan
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 10:34 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 24,971

WMMT 3 for me:

Reasons:

-Well, graphically it's a bit more realistic (wall contact = sparks, skid marks + screeching smokes, TV billboards functioning, birds flying, petals fall, fireworks, etc...)
-I love going fast! laugh.gif
-It comes complete w/ a mountain track (for dose of touge action)
-I just love the game.

I still yet to play IDAS4. whistling.gif

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5