Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Grand Prix

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  « 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 20,154  ·  Replies: 166 
> Anime and Manga Recommendations Thread, *See Title*
Lupin_III
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 09:44 PM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,907

I just got done watching Gunsmith Cats, it's great however they only made 3 episodes. There's an awesome car chase scene in it too smile.gif All three episodes are convenitely uploaded on this video if anyones interested.

YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/85WQj51an3A )

The manga is good too, the attention to detail is amazing. Supposedly the artists actually went to Chicago to take pictures for the manga and shot all the guns featured.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 1449. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 09:48 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

>pinnacle of handgun evolution
>has a safety

nope

But I did love Gunsmith Cats. That OVA is the entire reason why I strive to get a '67 Shelby and paint it blue with white stripes in all the racing games I play.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Lupin_III
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 4 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
>pinnacle of handgun evolution
>has a safety

nope

But I did love Gunsmith Cats. That OVA is the entire reason why I strive to get a '67 Shelby and paint it blue with white stripes in all the racing games I play.

lol You can carry CZ75s cocked and locked or double action only. It's always nice to have options.
Kerxn
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 09:54 PM

now clean your screen

Member No.: 3,880

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 11 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
Bolded and underlined the most important part of his qualifying questions. If you answered 'no' or even answered something like 'I have a casual understanding and/or interest in tanks' then this series is going to be boring for you.

This is everything a man should want from an anime. No defeating universal heat death by crying here.

user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 09:55 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Lupin_III @ 2 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
lol You can carry CZ75s cocked and locked or double action only. It's always nice to have options.

Or you could carry a Makarov locked and have it ready to fire by the mere act of unholstering it

Or you could be a part of the Sig Sauer master race and laugh at those who need that 'safety' thing tongue.gif
Lupin_III
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Kerxn @ 3 minutes, 59 seconds ago)
This is everything a man should want from an anime. No defeating universal heat death by crying here.

http://i.imgur.com/xvf4796.jpg

user posted image

Oh Japan... You always find a way to amuse me.

This post has been edited by Lupin_III on Sep 30 2013, 09:59 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 10:01 PM

ShiMACHaze

The historical society's flag tank has always and will always be my favorite.

SORE DA!!!!
Kerxn
Posted: Sep 30 2013, 10:04 PM

now clean your screen

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1674 x 1112. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This is pretty cool. Erika dressed up as Suigintou (by the way, I hate Suigintou. Shinku a best.)

Case in point, MV88. Watch GuP.
Lupin_III
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 12:40 AM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 44 minutes ago)
Or you could be a part of the Sig Sauer master race and laugh at those who need that 'safety' thing tongue.gif

Ugh Sigs remind me of Nutnfancy. They're good guns though, perfect for the upper-middle class mall ninja who wants to be special. derp.gif
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 02:07 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Or you can be full boss and just use a HiPower like some other very distinguished gentlemen. No, I'm not biased at all, why do you ask? laugh.gif
MidnightViper88
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 06:33 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

You don't have to focus so much on my "quality" limiter. It's not a requirement for it to be SUPRR good, just don't deliberately give me the title to a series that's unanimously considered as suck. tongue.gif looks like I'll check this stuff out anyway, since I rarely go into anime with any expectations anyway.
Kerxn
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 09:10 AM

now clean your screen

Let me know if you end up picking up Girls und Panzer. I need to start getting to work on IM@S.
MidnightViper88
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 03:21 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai. Girls und Panzer.

Copy that. My priority of watching both is low, but I only say that because...my priority of watching anime in general is low... tongue.gif I'm off work all Friday, so instead of doing something like going out to some stores and burning what little of my checking account that I don't have, I'll sit on my lazy-ass, save money, and watch anime! w00t awesome.gif

Now you guys seem like a knowledgeable bunch. This next one is less about recommendations, and more like guidance...

Toaru Majutsu no Index. This is something I've had on my "I guess I'm curious so I want to watch it"-list based on another one of my random, illogical interests for years now, and I gave it a quick search to figure out...nothing, really, just how many episodes I'd be getting into if/when I decide to arse myself to watch it. Doing that, I found out there's a spin-off from it, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.

Is there any sort of continuity between the two? Should I watch both or just one?

Why is deciding what to watch so damn difficult? laugh.gif

[edit]Also...+1 on iM@S. I have high regards for it's enjoyability, and would definitely recommend it as a "Must watch" anime. Get to that as soon as you can![/edit]

This post has been edited by MidnightViper88 on Oct 1 2013, 03:24 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 03:28 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 7 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
Is there any sort of continuity between the two? Should I watch both or just one?

Well, first of all there are four series:

Index
Index II
Railgun
Railgun S

You could watch them in order of their release:
Index > Railgun > Index II > Railgun S

Or you could get REALLY SUPER HARDCORE and watch them all chronologically:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 654 x 1316. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Whichever way you choose, definitely watch it all. Fantastic series, I love it.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
MidnightViper88
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 03:37 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Yeah, I saw there were second seasons of both...so I was like, fuuuuuck, whatever I watch is double the effort, and watching both is quadruple the effort... But it's one of those things I keep seeing pop up everywhere in the anime community, so it has to be worth the effort. I just didn't know nuthin'! So guidance I now has.

Alright! Time to reallocate my life. grin2.gif

This post has been edited by MidnightViper88 on Oct 1 2013, 03:39 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 03:47 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 10 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
Yeah, I saw there were second seasons of both...so I was like, fuuuuuck, whatever I watch is double the effort, and watching both is quadruple the effort... But it's one of those things I keep seeing pop up everywhere in the anime community, so it has to be worth the effort. I just didn't know nuthin'! So guidance I now has.

Alright! Time to reallocate my life. grin2.gif

Oh, you forgot that there was a movie as well, which takes place sometime around the middle/end of Index I and the middle of Railgun S...ish.

But yeah. Four series and a movie. So far.

Ayup. They are good, though! laugh2.gif
Chidoki
Posted: Oct 1 2013, 04:38 PM

Fictional Compiler

Member No.: 3,699

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 50 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
Oh, you forgot that there was a movie as well, which takes place sometime around the middle/end of Index I and the middle of Railgun S...ish.

But yeah. Four series and a movie. So far.

Ayup. They are good, though! laugh2.gif

So what is the timeline of Railgun S 17 - 24 then, cuz it only shows up to 16? And does the extras/specials have a particular spot too? This is in case when I start watching the whole series, which i do have ready to watch one day if I decide to do the chronological way just for fun.

This post has been edited by Chidoki on Oct 1 2013, 04:38 PM

7 Pages  « 5 6 7