Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Serenade for chaser

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 14,100  ·  Replies: 75 
> Boost Effect, how will boost be use on each track
Fuzz
Posted: May 14 2009, 09:41 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,618

You can achieve the WR if all done correctly
slower
Posted: May 21 2009, 08:11 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 32,343

i read somewhere on gamespot that it's not really tire life, but more of tire heat. the guy said you could push CP1 maximum, then literally stop in CP3, and get a good CP4. so, maybe it's not of "life" but tire heat??

the difference would be that you could gain back any accel u lost while pushing.

either way, no one's gonna stop in the middle of CP3 just to gain back accel, so whatever it's called, it makes no difference. still gotta conserve!

This post has been edited by slower on May 21 2009, 08:12 AM
stormfox
Posted: May 21 2009, 08:50 AM

Underdog Nutcase

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (slower @ 38 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
i read somewhere on gamespot that it's not really tire life, but more of tire heat. the guy said you could push CP1 maximum, then literally stop in CP3, and get a good CP4. so, maybe it's not of "life" but tire heat??

the difference would be that you could gain back any accel u lost while pushing.

either way, no one's gonna stop in the middle of CP3 just to gain back accel, so whatever it's called, it makes no difference. still gotta conserve!

yea... good point.

but it should be more of Tire pressure due to heating.
i see it quite often in the anime and manga when rewatching/reading it recently.

perhaps it may be a combination of both
chin571
Posted: May 21 2009, 10:21 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 32,168

QUOTE (slower @ 2 hours, 10 minutes ago)

hmmm, makes sense. now that u mentioned it, there was this one time, i was doing a TA on akina DH, and i messed up at LHOD and the right curve with gutter right after it, before cp3. as soon as i hit cp3 and saw my cp2 time, i completely stopped, stepped out first, and took a breather. didn't force quit yet, don't know why. laugh.gif afterwards, decided to continue it anyway. but feeling down, i didn't push it at all, all the way to the finish line. looking at the results, saw that i got a 47low on cp4, without even pushing it at all. ohmy.gif btw, was using a supra that wasn't eve fully tuned yet at that time. laugh.gif
slower
Posted: May 22 2009, 04:11 AM

IDW Member

guys, i have confirmed it today. i ran akina as usual once, and i got 51s for CP4. then in my next run, i stopped in CP3 for a few seconds, and i got 46s for CP4.

also, i stopped a few metres before the end of CP3, so when i entered cp4, i was more or less just starting up. i was at a slower speed than if i didnt stop. still, i got a faster time...meaning... accel really can be regained.

hope this helps everyone in understanding the "boost effect" aka tire pressure/heating.

i remember that "tire temperature" feature in Forza Motorsport...who could've guessed that the evasive boost was just like that...

This post has been edited by slower on May 22 2009, 04:13 AM
BDDEE@
Posted: May 22 2009, 04:37 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (slower @ 25 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
hope this helps everyone in understanding the "boost effect" aka tire pressure/heating.

its nothing to do with that
its only used as an example
xyeohts
Posted: May 22 2009, 06:21 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

the boost is weird somehow.. i have been testing it on Iro.. CP2 i am at least fast by 1 second or more.. but when i hit CP3 and CP4.. the boost is gone!! even i perfected the corners.. (i think)

anyone can help?
slower
Posted: May 26 2009, 05:23 AM

IDW Member

xyeohts, ur probably going a little too fast in CP2. try cornering slower and leaving more accel for later?

boost is weird indeed... once in iro i braked to 45 at half-car distance before the very first hairpin, went at that snail's pace around the corner without gas, exited at 38 km/h, and saw red -1s for the next 3 CPs !
brian_infinispirit
Posted: May 31 2009, 04:06 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

i remember one run earlier @ akagi uhd when i played earlier today... i was like +2.5xx after cp1, and then the deficit went down to 2.1... suddenly after cp3, i saw something red on the margin display, it was -0.9xx, i was really shocked... and even more shocked at the finish when i beat my overall time by 1.8 seconds (2'59"777 -> 2'58"0xx)...

probably because i didn't really push it in cp1 and decided to take the v-turn really nice and slow, like at around 65 kph, and i felt i was breezing through the first half of cp3...
ERIC?
Posted: Jun 10 2009, 08:38 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,037

i dont like this boost thing... i just drive the way i like and not considering the boost.... guess what, i was able to manage a time near the number 1 record here....

i think around 3secs difference... hehehehe....

just drive on what your comfortable with....
jiamingx88
Posted: Jun 10 2009, 09:49 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 29,913

my way for akina DH would be:

CP1 normal with fast abit
CP2 fast with slow abit
CP3 fast
CP4 Rush(fast)

my gc8 3'11'2xx akina dh , beyond japan record of gc8 3'08'xxx sad. crying2.gif
*j*j*
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 07:08 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

@jiamingx > if u mentioned earlier bout the way u push akina dhd 2 months ago i might in a way follow your method but after trying and learning from the TAs videos i might beg to differ on your idea ...

it's really hard to actually follow a pattern like yours of slow, fast n push faster strategy as technically u don't have a proper method of doing it correctly but only depending on boost effect ...

as of my own theory after all my plays i have learn that correct linings, gutters, entry n exit speeds, accel point n timing r much more realistic ...

what i m doing right now is to identify my mistakes by comparing CPs times from the fast videos n mine ... i do learn plenty of my mistakes after going tru the videos n imagining my runs ... for example when u r in the gutters in akina dhd u thought u could have don't it right as of the videos but i find out that sometimes i do hit the inner wall on the gutters n also the accel point when u r coming out from corners n gutters u muz make sure that u don't accel to early n too late ...

this accel timing is very important for your boost effect at end speeds ... now bout the straigthening of your steerings is another important criteria as of when u accel any wrong angle might oversteer your car when it's not straight ...

bout ur manouvering into corners n gutters too much of turning might overhit n oso delayed your time in straigthening ... exact prosecution will need your judgement of when n where u shd enter them n at what speed ...

i believe with more understanding of playing, learning n observing from your runs n studying the videos u might have more idea n theory of perfecting your runs ...

this is my own observation n theory i have gather all this while with some tips from my buddies, i hope with sharing them i might not get flame as i m not really so fast but i won't mind some 1 who can share their expertise ... happy.gif

p/s: my akina dhd 3.09.105/AE86

This post has been edited by *j*j* on Jun 11 2009, 07:11 AM
QAE8687
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 07:35 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,995

The sifu has spoken and we must listen! grin2.gif Hahahahaha... Salute!
*j*j*
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 08:26 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

QUOTE (QAE8687 @ 50 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
The sifu has spoken and we must listen! grin2.gif Hahahahaha... Salute!

omg please dont call me like that m NO sifu or any PRO i m juz here to share my thoughts ... u dont have to listen if i m wrong but i hope ppl can realize that they can do it if u put ur mind into it ... smile.gif

chin571
Posted: Jun 11 2009, 09:16 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (*j*j* @ 50 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
omg please dont call me like that m NO sifu or any PRO i m juz here to share my thoughts ... u dont have to listen if i m wrong but i hope ppl can realize that they can do it if u put ur mind into it ...  smile.gif

hahahaha *bow* laugh.gif

@topic
totally agree with jj. managing boost by cp's(cp1 normal cp2 slow cp3 fast, etc etc) is pretty useless. especially in more complex maps, such as nagao or happo. happy.gif

This post has been edited by chin571 on Jun 11 2009, 09:20 AM
DigiBunny
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 04:10 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Guys, has anyone else done this before, slow down to 36-39 in Iro?

Personally I could feel boost kicking in alot stronger than if I was doing 4x...But I ended up with a time of 3'29. Possible explanations?
jiamingx88
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 07:01 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 29,913

well u already said 2 months ago le.. now and before different.. now i run in gutter with steady speed & and turning method, but den i still in learning process.. and ae86 should run more faster den ur previous record tat u mentioned 3'09'xx.. all i was trying the last method of turning only.. cos everytime last corner turn.. i actually can get 3'09'9xx but den with the slow no boost speed .. it delays to 3'11'2xx .. but anyway .. i'm trying out akina up and down hill only thx for sharing.
chin571
Posted: Jun 12 2009, 12:57 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 8 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Guys, has anyone else done this before, slow down to 36-39 in Iro?

Personally I could feel boost kicking in alot stronger than if I was doing 4x...But I ended up with a time of 3'29. Possible explanations?

i think the 3'05 iro dh vid slows dwn all the way to 36-39. haven't really done any serious TA's in iro. last i tried iro was only one run. used that tech, slow down all the way to 36-39, still got a 3'11. wasn't able to break my record though
benedict333
  Posted: Jun 23 2009, 02:58 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 33,194

so the Boost always come after a slow CP
and the boost is always off after a fast CP
pls enlighten me laugh.gif

Btw...does that only imply to akina or to all courses?
Are we suppose to use the gutters for better time?(Akina,Tsukuba,Nagao)
Is there any specific method on how to tackle the corners with gutters?

Pls Tell me if u know grin2.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 03:07 AM

Reading is magic!

Slow down a little bit more if you're having trouble snagging it with your front tire. Keep your wheel steady, and dont panic once you hear a sound. The wall/Gutter sounds are far too similar if you havent grown to be able to differentiate them.

Tsukuba and Nagao are special cases; Tsukuba requires you to be above a certain speed or you will lose speed drastically in one.

Nagao will eat you alive if you dont glide over ( I repeat OVER ) the gutter just right. I'm not capable of giving a vivid explanation on this, but you're more vulnerable on the uphill rather than the downhill. That being said, keep your speed up so your weight doesnt shift to your front.

World record holders use what gutters are there; so there's no reason why you shouldnt.
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 04:32 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

Not all gutters are used....there are a few of them you are better off going around them instead.
Rei.G
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 06:26 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 3 hours, 18 minutes ago)
Nagao will eat you alive if you dont glide over ( I repeat OVER ) the gutter just right. I'm not capable of giving a vivid explanation on this, but you're more vulnerable on the uphill rather than the downhill. That being said, keep your speed up so your weight doesnt shift to your front.

World record holders use what gutters are there; so there's no reason why you shouldnt.

how do u know world record holders uses all gutters?
DigiBunny
Posted: Jun 23 2009, 07:14 AM

Reading is magic!

Sorry if I didnt word it correctly. The point i was trying to make was there's no harm in it, so it's safe to assume it's beneficial to use it, ergo the World record comment.

wtfpho86
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 06:11 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 32,542

it seems like boost only works for TA but i tried using it during in store battle and i lost pretty badly crying2.gif
slower
Posted: Jul 1 2009, 02:07 AM

IDW Member

digibunny:

once i slowed to 35 on the very first hairpin by accident.

i got -2s for the first checkpoint.

i drove normally for the rest of the course and each cp was approx. same timing as usual.

the total time difference was only -2s, meaning only my cp1 was faster. the rest was almost equal timing.

oh, and can someone please confirm. in a battle, ALL boost disappears the moment you touch something? be it wall or opponent car?

This post has been edited by slower on Jul 1 2009, 02:09 AM

4 Pages  1 2 3 4