Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Overdrive Neurotransmitters

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,521  ·  Replies: 116 
> [Fanfic] Midship Monster!, Prequel #2 to Final Battle!
Meteor
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 01:24 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

All those modifications to the 86. . Such a waste. .

I think what's most likely is Takumi wanting to drive in the FC. The FD also seems likely.

Whatever the choice. Hayato is going down!
Flex.
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 01:35 AM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,127

i reckon it's gonna be the FC biggrin.gif
wing_0
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 05:47 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,095

I hope that Takumi will go for the AP1... He'd really kill in that thing, he could be motivated to it after racing with Godhand. The thing is... it's a prequel to Final Battle... so I think it means it tells what happened before Final Battle... and in Final Battle Takumi had the 86. I hope I didn't catch it correctly... I know Takumi is a stubborn character and he loves to drive the 86 no matter what... but a new car would really be nice. biggrin.gif
Flex.
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 06:24 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 16,127

or he's stealing the Haci-Roku from Wataru!
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 01:27 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

it'll be a car that had a strong impact on him. Wataru's 86 SC is likely, and so is God Hand's AP1.. I think he respects Ryosuke too much to ask for the FC, And Keisuke is probably too annoyed by the fact that Takumi is faster with FD than he is.. unsure.gif
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 01:29 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 5:27 PM)
it'll be a car that had a strong impact on him. Wataru's 86 SC is likely, and so is God Hand's AP1.. I think he respects Ryosuke too much to ask for the FC, And Keisuke is probably too annoyed by the fact that Takumi is faster with FD than he is.. unsure.gif

the impreza also had an impact on takumi, maybe it'll be that car.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 24 2007, 01:29 PM
red comet 7
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 04:10 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

ONE MO 'GIN!!!!!! laugh.gif

its like reading a book then finding blank pages where theres supposed to be more!

im lovin this
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 24 2007, 06:10 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 23,877

Nakazato looked up in surprise to see Takahashi Ryosuke standing over him, a grim look on his face.
“Ryosuke,” he said, bowing his head slightly.
“Nakazato,” the other replied, sitting down at the table. They were silent for a few moments, each analyzing the other, before Ryosuke spoke up.
“You spend an inordinate amount of time in diners,” he said. Takeshi laughed, the tension between them broken for the moment.
“What's wrong?” Nakazato asked.
“When Hayato removed the engine from the 86-” Ryosuke began, but Nakazato interrupted him instantly.
“Removed it?!” he shouted.
“Calm down. The engine in Fujiwara's 86 was 'taken' from a racing team by accident. The director of the team found out about the engine being here and what car it was in, and came to take it from Fujiwara. He wouldn't give it up without a fight, so they had a downhill challenge, winner keeps the engine.”
“I didn't think he was being serious,” Nakazato said, shaking his head sadly.
“He was. Rather than remove it professionally, they cut or broke whatever held it into the car and ripped it out with an engine hoist, completely decimating the front end of the hachi-roku to the point where I'm not sure if it can be repaired.”

“What can I do to help?” Nakazato replied, surprising Ryosuke.
“Help? You brought him here, with your challenge. He has the engine now and has left, hasn't he? That doesn't matter. Project D will not leave a loss on their record. I'm here to challenge you to a rematch, Nakazato. Uphill and downhill.”
“Accepted,” Nakazato said instantly, seeing a chance to ease his conscience.
“I don't know who will race, Takeshi, but we will race you. When will you be ready?”
“Next week? If it changes I'll do what I can to find another downhill racer,” Nakazato said.
“Hayato or nothing,” Ryosuke replied. “Fujiwara wants revenge.”

“I'll do what I can,” Nakazato said, “I know the feeling. Every day without revenge is a day of burning thirst that can't be slaked, a desire that can't be satiated.” Ryosuke looked at the man oddly, and with a deep blush, Nakazato spoke his heart while staring at the table.
“I was defeated in my S13 by an R32 and thought it was the superior car. With my own R32 I was a very big fish in a small pond, and I thought myself superior to anyone else out there. When I was defeated by Fujiwara, I lusted for another chance to challenge him. The relief that comes after the challenge is almost blissful. Don't let Sayuki know that, by the way,” he added. Ryosuke nodded respectfully, then rose from the table.

“Hayato or nothing. Remember that,” he said before walking away. Nakazato watched Takahashi walk through the diner's door and out into the parking lot before digging out his cell phone.
“This is Nakazato. I need your help once more,” he said.

“Masashi, are you looking for a challenge?” Bunta asked as he stepped through the door.
“What kind of challenge?” he replied.
“Hayato ripped the engine out of the hachi only the way he can. Front end is ruined. Do you feel like rebuilding it in less than a week, upgrading it to take on an AW11?”
“An AW11, or Hayato's AW11?” Masashi replied, setting down a wrench and looking at Bunta seriously, his mind spinning through the options available to him.
“Hayato's. There's a cage in the 86 now, makes it stiffer. We would just need to rebuild it and tune the car a little bit better,” Bunta said, beginning to walk to the door.
“Let me see the car and then I'll decide,” Masashi said, getting the keys to his tow truck.

Fifteen minutes later Bunta, Masashi, and a confused Matsumoto were standing outside the Project D garage, gathered around the mangled remains of the AE86.
“I'm not sure if I should be doing this,” Matsumoto said, scratching his chin as he thought about Ryosuke's possible reactions.
“Don't tell anyone. It's as simple as that,” Bunta replied, hooking the winch up to what remained of the core support. Matsumoto looked at Masashi with a strange expression in his eyes, then shook his head and walked away.
“I'll tell Ryosuke I never saw a thing,” he said, “and I hope you know what you're getting into,” he muttered. There was a grinding sound as the AE86 was winched onto the truck, and then it was gone.

“Why should I bother racing again?” Hayato asked Ryosuke. Takahashi looked around at the impeccably clean shop, his eyes catching sight of Takumi's 4A-GE partially disassembled on an engine stand a few meters away.
“You should give Fujiwara a chance to win back his engine,” he said.
“I'm bored racing that runt. I have the engine, and it has revealed a number of interesting secrets. You must be on fire to get it back, considering what I've found lurking inside its combustion chambers,” Hayato chuckled, rubbing his hands together.
“If you're bored racing him, race me,” Ryosuke challenged.
“You've got nothing I want, Ryosuke. Don't flatter yourself. You're not the street king that you used to be. A brilliant manager, but your racing skills have rusted up. We don't need another manager, Ryosuke,” Hayato said, picking up one of the 86's pistons.

“Defeat Fujiwara and I'll race a season for you,” Ryosuke offered, his voice heavy.
“I don't want you, Takahashi. If you want to enslave your blood, then make it Keisuke. Give me your little brother for a year, if you want to entice me to Gunma again,” Hayato said, pointing a connecting rod at Ryosuke like a gun.
“Bang.”

“I won't make promises other people have to fulfill. If you want him, come to Akina and get him. He'll fight you just as hard as I have, Hayato. But I give you a warning. Watch out for Fujiwara. When you took away his engine and trashed his car he lost his mind. I won't be held responsible for what he does to you on the downhill. It would be wise to turn and run like you are right now,” Ryosuke said, his words hitting just the right nerve in the older man.
“If you think I'm scared of a little brat, think again. I'll be there and I'll race both of you if you want it. If I win against Fujiwara I'll take the rest of his car, and if I win against you, I get your brother,” Hayato growled.

“It's Fujiwara's choice to accept your stakes. Not mine.”
“What the hell is he supposed to drive?”
“Something. I don't know myself, but he'll find something,” Ryosuke said, leaving the building. His ever-observant eye had caught the details of one of the pistons lying on the bench next to the 4A-GE and he felt himself tingle with shock.
“Amazing,” he whispered.

“What do you mean it's gone?” Ryosuke shouted. Matsumoto held his hands up in the air.
“We didn't have enough money to repair it anyway, Ryosuke-san. What does it matter that it's not here anymore?”
“Who took it?”
“Some people with a truck, a squinty old guy and another one his age.”
red comet 7
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 06:25 PM

IDW Regular Member

HAHA hell yeah.

i see you took a little of my ideas... wink2.gif
DK_2
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 06:40 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

Nice job again! wink2.gif I love your fanfics!
Hachi_Roku
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 06:48 PM

¥5000 GET !!

Member No.: 8,897

I read, go off surfing and come back to find an update. You are very good at creating ideas in such a short time! One of my best reads yet.
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 06:49 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

nice, the 86 will live again. though, when will we know what ryosuke noticed about the piston????
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 24 2007, 07:40 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

“If you say so,” Ryosuke shrugged, feeling beaten. Hayato's stakes were more than he cared to deal with, and with Project D running out of money he wouldn't be able to borrow a car for Takumi like he had intended to for Keisuke back when they were fighting the black FD.

“Keisuke,” he said, picking up his cell phone.
“What's up bro?” his younger brother asked.
“You said that Fujiwara drove your FD, correct?”
“Yeah,” Keisuke said uneasily. It didn't take a massive brain to realize Ryosuke's intentions. Fujiwara's Trueno was down for the count, he needed a powerful FR car, the FD happened to have massive horsepower and grip.
“How did he handle the rotary engine?” Ryosuke asked. Keisuke stuttered for a moment, caught by surprise.
“Handle it? Fine, I guess. I told him to keep it below 9000 RPMs and he did. He let the engine idle and cool down before shutting it off so the turbos didn't overheat.”
“Thank you, Keisuke. Nakazato accepted our challenge. You'll have him on the uphill. Keep your eye out for the 86, it's gone missing. I'll talk to you later today.” Ryosuke turned off the phone and got into his FC, putting his shaking hands on the wheel.
“Am I really going to do this?”

Takumi clumped down the stairs and sat outside staring at the Impreza, his mind in a fog.
“FR? All wheel drive? Turbo? High-rev?” he asked himself, thinking over the cars he had raced against and defeated. Wataru's supercharged Levin stood out in his mind, a well-tuned but rough FR capable of keeping up with his own highly tuned Trueno. The AP1 of God Hand was another incredible FR, tuned much better than the Levin.

“It felt good,” he said out loud, remembering his run downhill after the battle. The S2000 had incredible grip, and its high-revving engine felt familiar, like a slightly larger, stronger, and more refined AE86. But in another view, it had the same weakness that all FR cars had, and that was reduced grip in the rain. With only two wheels providing forward momentum there was a limit to the ultimate power that could be put down, but the front wheels didn't get used up with driving force and had more traction for braking and turning.

“The Impreza felt just as good,” Takumi said, looking at the blue coupe sitting a meter away from him. It's light two door body was draped over big gold-colored wheels shod in sticky tires. The scoop up front was balanced with the massive wing out back and the large muffler hanging below the rear bumper. With turbo power and four wheel drive it had immense traction and could accelerate stronger out of the apex of a corner than any FR could, thanks to its incredible grip. But with that grip and the front wheels being driven as well as the rears, tire wear became a concern. The front tires had to manage acceleration, braking, and turning. On a downhill race, it would be possible to overload the front tires and heat them up past their optimal temperature, losing grip and understeering. Nakazato had been defeated like that a few times before.

“I don't want front wheel drive,” he said with a sour expression on his face as he watched a red Honda Civic drive past. The red Civic was followed by a white coupe with a distinctive whir that pulled up to a stop in front of Takumi's feet.
“Fujiwara, let's go for a ride,” Ryosuke said from his open window. Takumi nodded and got into the FC, sinking into the bucket seat and fastening his harness quickly. With a quickening heart he noticed how familiar it felt while being alien at the same time. Compared to his 86, the interior of the FC was far more sporting, but still shaped roughly the same. The harnesses felt the same, their wide straps holding him down firmly as Ryosuke attacked Mt. Akina.

“What's going on?” Takumi asked.
“I've challenged Nakazato to a rematch. I'll have Keisuke handle the uphill, but I wanted to know if you wanted the downhill,” he said quietly. Takumi clenched his hands into white-knuckled fists at the memory of Hayato's crew ripping the engine from the 86. With the metallic scream of the car still ringing in his ears, Takumi looked at Ryosuke with defiant eyes.
“I'll destroy him. Give me a car, help me find a car, and I'll destroy him,” Fujiwara growled, his eyes narrowed in anger.
“Can you drive the FC?” Ryosuke asked. Takumi felt his jaw hang open. His mentor's powerful and perfectly tuned FC3S was a holy relic, a monument of Ryosuke's intelligence, passion, and charisma. It was as much a part of Ryosuke as the Takahashi legend was part of it.

“You can't possibly mean it,” Takumi said quietly.
“The 86 has gone missing. Someone took the body. We don't know where it is, Fujiwara. I can't fix a car that has gone missing. Your choices are limited. Borrow your father's Impreza, borrow my FC, or find someone else's car. Just leave Keisuke's FD alone. It would break his heart if you drove it faster than he could.”
“I don't know what to say, Ryosuke,” Takumi replied.
“The race is Saturday. Find something by Friday,” Ryosuke replied, stopping the FC to let Takumi out back in front of his father's tofu shop.

Panda_86
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 08:36 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 27,036

“Don't tell anyone. It's as simple as that,” Bunta replied, hooking the winch up to what remained of the core support. Matsumoto looked at Masashi with a strange expression in his eyes, then shook his head and walked away.
“I'll tell Ryosuke I never saw a thing,” he said, “and I hope you know what you're getting into,” he muttered. There was a grinding sound as the AE86 was winched onto the truck, and then it was gone....

>>> with this part of the story... Ha! I want to make a guess... i hope i'll get it right! With Bunta taking the car... eh!? Father knows best for his son... he did that from the beginning by intalling the 20V 4AGE before... so its possible to get it repaired... with experienced and an old time friend... both experienced in the field of racing... maybe even before the idea of Tak (Takumi) racing a different car like Ryosuke's FC... suddenly the revived AE86 will be brought to Tak (Takumi)'s sights... delivered exclusively by his father, Bunta!!! <<< well, i guess i'm just stating this as biased to my own needs... the need to bring back-to-life my favorite-now-dead AE86... happy.gif
thrett
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 09:26 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 18,478

dude your the greatest of all time
Meteor
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 02:17 AM

Updated fanfic stats:
AWESOMENESS! +2

Keep on writing.
RickyDGreat
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 06:31 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

I know this is a story, but man do i want revenge in the worst way, get his motor back, and run that shitty old man off the side of the cliff to his death!!!!!! fear2.gif Takumi wins by 5 car lengths or better grrrrrrrrrrrr fear2.gif
Panda_86
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 04:15 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (RickyDGreat @ Today at 6:31 AM)
I know this is a story, but man do i want revenge in the worst way, get his motor back, and run that shitty old man off the side of the cliff to his death!!!!!! fear2.gif  Takumi wins by 5 car lengths or better grrrrrrrrrrrr fear2.gif

AGREED!!!! mad.gif Revive the 86, and show him that we don't need "Hayato's" engine, and that Bunta was able to find one and is better!!! Because it was tuned by Bunta, with all his skill in former racing from his younger years!!! Kick Hayato's ass, because Bunta's tuned 4AGE is 300 hp (350? uhm? 400? uhm.. too much?! whatever! its just better!) and can rev up to 13000 rpm!!! Super N/A engine!!! Hahahaha (evil laugh) bruce_h4h.gif guns.gif evilbrows.gif

What more, overtook Hayato from the OUTER LANE of the first tightest hairpin and then makes a gap Hayato won't be able to see him anymore, he'll think he's car is broken!!!! (Gasp! Over reacting! Help!... pissed wink2.gif )

This post has been edited by Panda_86 on Oct 25 2007, 04:18 PM
thx712517
  Posted: Oct 25 2007, 06:58 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Small update tonight, many apologies.

“What?!” Itsuki screamed, falling to the ground in shock.
“I lost the race, Hayato took the engine, and now the rest of the 86 has been missing for four days,” Takumi confessed, the frustration welling up inside of him. Itsuki turned incredibly pale and began to shake, his teeth chattering even though the weather was warm.
“What's wrong, Itsuki?” Takumi asked.
“Takumi, I saw a ghost,” he replied, hugging himself tightly as he stood there next to the pump.
“Itsuki, don't be stupid. There are no ghosts. I have to choose a car by tonight and tell Ryosuke, or I don't know what will happen tomorrow night. I want my revenge against Hayato, but I can't think of what to drive.”

“What do you mean?” Iketani asked, walking up.
“Ryosuke told me to pick a car to drive by Friday night, tonight. I was thinking of the Impreza, but Ryosuke offered me his FC,” Takumi said, blushing at the thought.
“He did what?” Itsuki howled, recovering from his earlier fright.
“Did you say yes?” Iketani asked, rubbing his ringing ear.
“No,” Takumi said, blushing deeply, “I didn't want to hurt Ryosuke's feelings, but I'm afraid to drive his FC. If I damaged it, I would never be able to drive again,” he said.

“Is that why you're driving the Impreza right now?” Itsuki asked.
“No, not really. I can't decide between rear wheel drive or all wheel drive,” Takumi offered, running a hand through his messy hair and shrugging his shoulders.
“Why can't you decide?” Iketani asked.
“On the downhill, weight is important, as well as managing the stress to the front tires. A light car is an important choice, as well as grip. The all wheel drive would offer great acceleration out of the apex of the corner, but at the cost of increased load to the front tires and weight. If the car were an FR, like an AP1 or Wataru's 86SC, then I wouldn't have to worry as much about front tires, but I would have less grip coming out of the apex.”

“Takumi, I miss when you were ignorant about cars,” Iketani said, rubbing the back of his head and chuckling.
“Do you think Wataru would let you borrow his Levin?” Itsuki asked, his mind flitting to the thought of Kazumi before his heart reminded him of her boyfriend.
“I don't know. He might, I'm not sure,” Takumi said, unsure once more.
“You'll do well with whatever you choose,” Itsuki said.
“I hope so,” he replied, walking back to the Impreza and driving off. Watching him drive away, Iketani turned to Itsuki.
“Say, Itsuki, what was that ghost you were talking about?” he asked.
“This morning I was driving on Mt. Akina, senpai, and I swear I saw the 86,” Itsuki replied.
“Is that possible?”

“I don't know. It overtook me, spun out, recovered, and kept going,” Itsuki said, the image vivid in his mind. The Trueno had come flying down the mountain, passed the Levin easily, but turning back into the line for the next corner the rear end had come out and the car had spun a complete three hundred and sixty degrees before recovering and rocketing downward.
“Takumi's hachi-roku has driven on Mt. Akina for so many years that I wouldn't be surprised if that car's ghost continued to run the downhill,” Iketani said.
“What if it wasn't a ghost?” Itsuki asked.

“That should be the last of the adjustments,” Masashi said, setting his wrench down on the workbench and running his hand over the smooth carbon fiber hood.
“Good,” Bunta replied, lighting up a cigarette. “I wasn't happy about the front end alignment last night. I'm glad we were able to fix it,” he said, “but I'm still worried. The new engine cradle didn't look to be in much better shape than what we took out of the car.”
“It was the best we could find in the amount of time, you know that,” Masashi replied. “You can't find parts for a 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno just anywhere. Finding this one in the junk yard was a lucky stroke,” he said, pointing with his chin at the red AE86 that had been stripped of all the necessary parts to repair the hachi-roku.

“We just need to finish the engine,” Bunta said, looking at the example slung from an engine hoist on the other end of the shop.
“Why not leave that one in there?” Masashi asked. “It works just fine.”
“It works fine for the downhill, but in order to defeat Hayato, we need something more potent. I can't make this one rev as high, but I can give it more torque,” Bunta replied, eyeing the centrifugal supercharger and intercooler waiting patiently.

This post has been edited by thx712517 on Oct 25 2007, 07:11 PM
xmark
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 07:13 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 18,639

Takumi gone Berserk and assinated Hayato then Takumi won by default woohoo!

Seriously the title should not be the prequel since Project D already battled the 2 Gods Foot / Hand...

This is the best FanFic and am getting hookup, lets wait for the next chapter... smile.gif
red comet 7
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 07:29 PM

IDW Regular Member

yeah i agree. i think they should be seperate stories....this one has UNLIMITED POTENTIAL to go anywhere and the final battle one boxes in the story line too much so it cant go in any direction and lets us predict a little too much of whats goin to happen. we already know the 86 gets fixed so why trip??

but if this isnt a prequel....MUCH MORE GRIPPING.
Möbius
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 07:41 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

This is shaping up pretty nicely, although I must say that I was kind of happy to see that Takumi might be getting a newer car. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Meteor
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 07:51 PM

Would've been nice to see Takumi in an FC, S2k or FD though.

Please update.
Panda_86
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 08:19 PM

IDW Senior Member

I knew it! i received this favor... finally the AE86 is potentially revived... or was it really... and even if it were... want it to race... Keep at it thx... though others would really love to see Takumi on a different car like the WRX, FC, and FD.... but, the AE86 and Takumi is what Initial D was all about... nah! You're the writer! You've got the talent dude! But thanks for making me feel the AE86 was somehow revived!!! laugh.gif
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 08:49 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

Glad the 86 is being revived, though it would've been cool to see what takumi could do with the FD.

You think Bunta will add on a NAWS bottle to the 86? laugh.gif

Alcohol injection would be cool though...keep those inlet temps low(its actually my next upgrade for my car)

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 5