Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing grim

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  « 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 11,476  ·  Replies: 94 
> IDAA8 Help New player
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 25 2014, 11:26 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

The EK9 sits at 36th place in the rankings. While the EK9C and EG6 sit 40th and 42nd place respectively. There are 50 cars in the entire game, so take of that what you will.

The EK9 is the course car for Happo OB however. It does a lot better if you only tabulate the two Happo courses.

If you really feel like it, you should just go for whatever car you feel like driving. You can always upgrade more cars after that.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Dec 25 2014, 11:30 AM
kaede1337
Posted: Dec 25 2014, 03:03 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,008

I know the civics are placed well in the rankings but I mean in a battle in not going get demolished by a higher tier can just cuz my car wont turn or acts funny just because its it is a FF or a low ranked car. If its ver3 i know some cars handled extremely poorly in some courses and really good on some. Is that the same case in ver8 at FT?
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 26 2014, 01:42 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Hmmm I'm confused with the question. But yes, some cars handle different at different courses.....I think. But yes, some cars are very good at some courses and poor at others.

Turbo's rankings rankings tabulate their overall performance by default. But it can be customized to include only certain courses if you like. You will see the rankings change when you do this.

For those of us that have and play online, knowing the overall rankings is important because we'll have to fight over on most of the courses. There's a lot more pressure to choose stronger cars I because most of our opponents will indeed do it to maximize their advantage.

But of course, we're talking about only car performance here. Car performance is pretty straightforward for the most part. AE86s are OP while the Prius is ridiculously weak, to name extreme examples. Once you factor in skill level, which is even a bigger factor in the equation than car performance, you can see weaker cars beat stronger cars.
Falbere
Posted: Dec 26 2014, 03:10 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (kaede1337 @ Today, 7:03 AM)
I know the civics are placed well in the rankings but I mean in a battle in not going get demolished by a higher tier can just cuz my car wont turn or acts funny just because its it is a FF or a low ranked car. If its ver3 i know some cars handled extremely poorly in some courses and really good on some. Is that the same case in ver8 at FT?

He meant the Civics are placed extremely poorly on the rankings. Not placed well.

In higher levels of online battle, full spec cars are way more important than individual car performance, as SEGA is constantly trying to balance everything.

Even though it is true that FF cars in this game is kinda weak, a fully tuned CIVIC SiR II would still kick any AE86s that is SPEC-4 and SPEC-5.

In cases of Full tune VS Full tune, the lower levels of online battle like E3 all the way to B1 it doesn't matter.

Only in high ranks like SS, where everybody goes for a perfect TA line, the advantages of AE86 will show.

This post has been edited by Falbere on Dec 26 2014, 03:11 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Dec 29 2014, 02:09 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 44,795

I know this is kinda stupid to ask, but how does the drift boost works? Does it gives us a higher top speed or acceleration or anything in the race?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 29 2014, 04:55 AM

Nagao Fanboy

During any battles where your opponent is another player, near the end of the race you'll higher acceleration and top speed. You'll need to get gold drifts and avoid hitting walls to get it. I think it's it's based on how well you do these compared to your opponent. So if your opponent did better, they'll get it instead.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Dec 29 2014, 04:58 AM
shun9132
Posted: Dec 29 2014, 09:39 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 45,034

guys theres one challenge at level 1 b that i dont understand the picture says instore partner 3 does that mean i have to play tag with a player 3 times or i just need to fight 3 instore players?

This post has been edited by shun9132 on Dec 29 2014, 09:41 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Dec 29 2014, 10:19 PM

Max Aura Racing

Member No.: 41,589

QUOTE (shun9132 @ 40 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
guys theres one challenge at level 1 b that i dont understand the picture says instore partner 3 does that mean i have to play tag with a player 3 times or i just need to fight 3 instore players?

Get 3 instore partners.
englanzilon
  Posted: Mar 3 2015, 04:10 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 44,810

I seldom play id8 and i am quite pissed with the login information online. When ever you are not online for not sure how long the password you login into d.net always say wrong password and you have to go and reset it again. super annoying.

SonicSP
Posted: Mar 3 2015, 06:24 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (englanzilon @ 2 hours, 13 minutes ago)
I seldom play id8 and i am quite pissed with the login information online. When ever you are not online for not sure how long the password you login into d.net always say wrong password and you have to go and reset it again. super annoying.

I don't know, I have no problems with it. Once you set a permanent password, it just sticks to that. I just set a simple and easy one since it's not that important of an account.
Falbere
Posted: Mar 3 2015, 07:00 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (englanzilon @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)

Never had that problem. Are you sure you got the correct password remembered? You can also try writing it down on a piece of paper.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
ikki
Posted: Mar 13 2015, 07:32 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 21,334

reporting in after such a long hiatus from IDAS 3.
using Bunta's Subaru as a main car, now tuning for full spec.
still in a midst of figuring out the physics of IDAS 8.
racer grade still E3 lol as i dont do much of battle, mainly aim for story mode.

if u see player name by IKKI in midvalley, thats me wink2.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Mar 13 2015, 07:58 PM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (ikki @ 25 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
reporting in after such a long hiatus from IDAS 3.
using Bunta's Subaru as a main car, now tuning for full spec.
still in a midst of figuring out the physics of IDAS 8.
racer grade still E3 lol as i dont do much of battle, mainly aim for story mode.

if u see player name by IKKI in midvalley, thats me wink2.gif

Welcome to the board.
Razorwind
Posted: Oct 3 2015, 05:36 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,928

QUOTE (clown321 @ Dec 5 2014, 09:31 PM)
my card name's Benny. whats your's?

anw i left 1 more upgrade to full spec. but my timing still sucks. prolly cause of my lining. but i cant seem to activate BC properly

Benny....the same Benny that dominated the TA rankings in past IDAS versions?? I remember I keep seeing that name on various machines across sg.

Card name Razor here. I skipped v5 till now to give it another shot. My fd7sv no longer feels the same facepalm.gif trying out supra but it doesn't sound as nice as I thought it to be lol.

Will take the s2000 but I am really not used to 6 gears.

Is the weird collision bug still in the game? Where someone from behind could clip thru the car in front and the leading car would drop speed as though it hit a wall. I believe this was in v3.

Just registered here, nice to meet you guys happy.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 3 2015, 07:43 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Nice to meet you. I don't believe that bug is here. IDAS has changed a lot since then. The full tune physics and early spec physics are totally different for this game. The game physics also gets a total revamped every new version now. So you won't be able to practice the proper physics until you have the higher Spec 5 tunes at the very least.

I believe it's hard to get a handle on how the car's final handling will feel at the moment since the early spec physics are so different and the full spec physics only appear once you reach Ex Spec.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 3 2015, 07:53 AM
Razorwind
Posted: Oct 4 2015, 02:18 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 7:43 AM)
Nice to meet you. I don't believe that bug is here. IDAS has changed a lot since then. The full tune physics and early spec physics are totally different for this game. The game physics also gets a total revamped every new version now. So you won't be able to practice the proper physics until you have the higher Spec 5 tunes at the very least.

I believe it's hard to get a handle on how the car's final handling will feel at the moment since the early spec physics are so different and the full spec physics only appear once you reach Ex Spec.

Is there an optimal path to getting ex spec? The cost per game is pretty high in Singapore Bugis, so I got to optimize how I can...

I have seen some S spec players swing their steering just like the old days and don't see the speed drop. I guess that is a huge difference then...
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 4 2015, 04:45 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Finish the first and second Project D missions first to get 8000 and 10,000 points respectively. That will help a lot. I think you need around 48,000 of you have DNET subscription and 53,000 of you don't. Basically it's just a bunch of stuff you can do and the game will reward you after it's done.

First Mission
1. Play the first 3 Story Mode chapters.
2. Get Bronze Time Attacks for 3 different courses. The third story mode is a time attack so you will get both the story requirement and get one Bronze Time Attack.
3. Play online mode battle once. Doesnt matter if you win or lose.

These don't have to be done all at once or even in order. After you've done the things on this list, when you eject your card the game will tell you the mission is complete. Next time you insert your card you will get the 8000 points.

Second Mission
1. Get Silver ranks for 5 courses in Time Attack.
2. Play in-store battles against 3 different card opponents. Doesn't matter if you win or lose.
3. Get 5 wins in online battle.

Once you complete this list, the game will tell you when you eject. Next time you insert your card you will receive the 10,000 points.

The rest you either have to win at online battles or play Story Mode or Time Attack.

Time Attack will give you 600 points regardless of your time as long as you finish the course.

Story Mode will occasionally give you bonuses like extra points or bars to use for your character parts however note that winning a Story Mode race will usually give you around 600 points, losing gets you around 200 points. If you want the best average in terms of points, go for Time Attack.

Online Battles will grant you I think 600 points for each win but if your arcade allows it, give you a free game when you win (up to two extra games in a row). Getting three online wins in a row will also net you a bonus 1000 points on top of the usual reward. This is usually what I go for when I make new card for this game as my skills are fairly okay to survive most of the battles but for a new player it might not be as easy. Most of your opponents will be of a similar tune so it's not unfair.......most of the time.

Some tips for lower level specs:

- Keep your steering to a minimal. What you should do is steer as little as you can but make up for by doing a lot of BCs (tap Accel and brake alternately) to force the car to push. The optimal footwork is actually much more tiring than at ExSpec but just try to do this as much as you can. This will become easier as your tuning increases. Even when it comes to "easy" turn, try to turn very little to keep your speed up. Plan your linings with this philosophy in mind until you reach Spec 5 or so.
-
- Practice this technique where you hold the brake with your left foot, while tapping the Accel with your right foot. It's an important technique in the game especially later on.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 4 2015, 04:51 AM
Razorwind
Posted: Oct 4 2015, 05:16 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 31 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
Finish the first and second Project D missions first to get 8000 and 10,000 points respectively. That will help a lot. I think you need around 48,000 of you have DNET subscription and 53,000 of you don't. Basically it's just a bunch of stuff you can do and the game will reward you after it's done.

First Mission
1. Play the first 3 Story Mode chapters.
2. Get Bronze Time Attacks for 3 different courses. The third story mode is a time attack so you will get both the story requirement and get one Bronze Time Attack.
3. Play online mode battle once. Doesnt matter if you win or lose.

These don't have to be done all at once or even in order. After you've done the things on this list, when you eject your card the game will tell you the mission is complete. Next time you insert your card you will get the 8000 points.

Second Mission
1. Get Silver ranks for 5 courses in Time Attack.
2. Play in-store battles against 3 different card opponents. Doesn't matter if you win or lose.
3. Get 5 wins in online battle.

Once you complete this list, the game will tell you when you eject. Next time you insert your card you will receive the 10,000 points.

The rest you either have to win at online battles or play Story Mode or Time Attack.

Time Attack will give you 600 points regardless of your time as long as you finish the course.

Story Mode will occasionally give you bonuses like extra points or bars to use for your character parts however note that winning a Story Mode race will usually give you around 600 points, losing gets you around 200 points. If you want the best average in terms of points, go for Time Attack.

Online Battles will grant you I think 600 points for each win but if your arcade allows it, give you a free game when you win (up to two extra games in a row). Getting three online wins in a row will also net you a bonus 1000 points on top of the usual reward. This is usually what I go for when I make new card for this game as my skills are fairly okay to survive most of the battles but for a new player it might not be as easy. Most of your opponents will be of a similar tune so it's not unfair.......most of the time.

Some tips for lower level specs:

- Keep your steering to a minimal. What you should do is steer as little as you can but make up for by doing a lot of BCs (tap Accel and brake alternately) to force the car to push. The optimal footwork is actually much more tiring than at ExSpec but just try to do this as much as you can. This will become easier as your tuning increases. Even when it comes to "easy" turn, try to turn very little to keep your speed up. Plan your linings with this philosophy in mind until you reach Spec 5 or so.
-
- Practice this technique where you hold the brake with your left foot, while tapping the Accel with your right foot. It's an important technique in the game especially later on.

Wow!

Thank you very much =)

The last technique seems to be the same I used to do in happo long ago I guess? But the amount of turn is tricky.... I think I am ok with that, but my car is not ready yet haha....

Is it still possible to do in-out-in-out drifts? I remember using it for cars which understeered at corners despite a good drift setup. (Turn slightly, tap brake, turn towards apex, accel before apex to keep revs up)

Very curious on the new downshift mechanics, downshifting seems like a mega-sized engine brake for me now, with no added benefit of drift initiation. Maybe this will also go away once exspec?

SonicSP
Posted: Oct 4 2015, 05:58 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I think downshifting does help you drift a little later but most of the drifting is footwork based compared to some earlier games.

But I should note that your steering angle is quite wide in this game so I don't think you'll have to turn as much when you are ExSpec. Most of the challenge in this game is the footwork as there are many variations that you can use.

Oh, I didn't mention this earlier but I personally use Automatic before reaching ExSpec. The efficiency in shifting is quite good, and it's very important as you'll lose a lot of power when you turn and the Automatic efficiency really helps you from losing power and you still have the ability to downshift. I switch to Manual when I reach ExSpec.
Razorwind
Posted: Oct 9 2015, 03:01 AM

Shmuck

Ok, so far on AT, S2000 (My favorite). Working towards Spec 4 > 5 now.

I really want to be like God Hand in the series, and one hand the whole way haha. (Hopefully not the vomiting part haha)

Is it that when the speedometer is in the red zone, it is not really possible to do BC? I tried to do on some of the story stages which had more leeway, when the speed is not enough the car would'nt really "snap" on the weight balance.

Currently, when the drift does happen the weight shift seems to happen very late into the turn, making a very sharp "V"

As a pre exspec car, should I turn all the way during corners? I have been watching the videos from idas7, seems to be turn slightly, then BC while turning all the way?

Been trying to do some BC homework to test out the limits and turning spots to learn the maps...

4 Pages  « 2 3 4