Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Wheels Of Fire

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 17 18 19 20 21  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 175,214  ·  Replies: 508 
> The Gun Enthusiasts' Thread
xiao
  Posted: Jul 5 2016, 05:13 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 1 hour, 38 minutes ago)
My regular Beretta is pretty nice, but I also have an airsoft Samurai Edge.  Some people have modified their 92 series Berettas to look like the Samurai Edge, but it's pretty expensive to do all the work well.  I'm pretty happy with mine as is and I love having a toy.

Jean-Claude Van Dammnnn...!! wub.gif

Yeah I've heard of people modifying their M9's to look like the RPD-S guns and I just had to ask. laugh.gif

I've also heard of people modding it to look like the Black Lagoon Cutlass Special:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 653 x 356. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Costs must be in the thousands for those custom designs! ohmy.gif ~ although, I've never heard of anyone going all out and making it look like the Barry model; now with that... Agent Smith Desert Eagle eat your heart out!! awesome.gif ☆彡

I'm thinking of getting the Samurai Edge Jill or Chris version... either or, I really can't tell the difference appart from the Blue & Red emblems haha.

Hella great toys for cosplay and beyond my friend! grin2.gif ~ ♪
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 6 2016, 01:58 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Benevolence @ Jul 3 2016, 06:49 AM)
Seeing that bullet button on the rifles made me sick...spoiler has bad wurds that hurts fee fee's <:^)

SPOILER

Probably never, especially since the law that changed the wording for fixed magazine to 'requires disassembly of the action' that has effectively banned bullet button weapons and forces everyone to register them as assault weapons passed. Two things happen as a result of this.

1.) Everyone who has a BB-equipped gun can choose to register their weapon. If they do, then it becomes a registered assault weapon--a RAW. If it's on the RAW roster, then there's no reason to keep that bullet button on there, now is there? You now have all the same rights as everyone else with a RAW, allowing you to turn your gun which was legal but now is illegal into a gun that was illegal when you legally purchased it. Smooth! Of course, this also means that you can't transfer it and all that good stuff that comes with registering.

2.) You can swap the BB for the new BB and remain legal, though so far it's only for AR-15s:

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/XedaFH6pC1o )

Commiefornia swings and misses yet again! derp.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
am3pkcet
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 02:31 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

Franklin Armory also made a top loading magazine, which can only be inserted by disassembling the action (separating upper and lower) and dropping in from above. Both options were posted withing hours of the signed bills, which means they had likely been in design for some time.

http://franklin-armory.myshopify.com/colle...ry-10-round-dfm

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKatEfBKQE0 )

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Jul 7 2016, 02:53 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 7 2016, 09:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

Sadly neither of these solutions will work with an SVD, so it looks like I'll never be able to own one in California... crying2.gif
xiao
  Posted: Jul 8 2016, 10:17 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 11:23 PM)
Sadly neither of these solutions will work with an SVD, so it looks like I'll never be able to own one in California... crying2.gif

Dumb question: Did Tokyo Marui ever make one...? In black or metallic finish by chance? unsure.gif ~
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 8 2016, 02:20 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ 4 hours, 3 minutes ago)
Dumb question: Did Tokyo Marui ever make one...? In black or metallic finish by chance? unsure.gif ~

This thread is for real firearms, not airsoft knockoffs. To answer your question, however, no--Tokyo Marui never released an SVD.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 8 2016, 07:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

Xiao, I would remove a great deal of what you posted as I don't think it's something you want to be available to the public. Keep in mind that this forum is open to everyone on the internet, so what you say here is...well, available. I won't lie, I'm super curious as to what you're talking about, but I'd never ask you in public about it. It's just not something that should be disclosed so flippantly.

We should have an airsoft thread, though. I might start one just for shits and giggles once I'm done doing my AX reports if someone doesn't beat me to it first.

As for your comment about owning aesthetic firearms as opposed to real ones, that'd be nice, but sadly in the US our opinion of 'deactivated' differs greatly from the UK and Canada. As such the only one you'd be able to have for display are things before 1898. Really old classic muskets or pistols. They're not considered firearms if they're manufactured that long ago.
Benevolence
Posted: Jul 8 2016, 08:07 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,913

if the gun laws in malaysia ever(most likely never) allows the common citizen to bear arms,my 1st purchase is buying old gen 1 glocks...and then some magic and tomfoolery to convert them into a fabled and legendary glocknade...

pull the trigger and throw them towards the incoming baddie and seem them trying to take the pistol and getting glocknade'd in the process....

Now,discussing about military hardware(mostly firearms fielded) allowed in the thread?

now M249 is getting phased out for the H&K M27 IAR(its a HK416 with HBAR),just how fucked the infantrymen in few years?I mean,the good thing about belt fed SAW's is the SUPPRESSING FIREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! element that it has...trying to rely on the 240B seemed even more harsher because that hog is a big fucking gun...

Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 8 2016, 09:50 PM

ShiMACHaze

.........what? blink.gif
am3pkcet
Posted: Jul 10 2016, 12:52 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

You can buy a SAW (sort of) as a civilian. FN makes a semi auto version of the M249S for about $8,000.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww2KN5jDD3s )
xiao
  Posted: Jul 11 2016, 02:27 AM

moon bunny

xiao insert'd video here for relevancy within the bazooka pistols thread:

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWVvxwo1pik )

*ninja vanish!* shuriken.gif ~ ☆彡 *pshhuu-pooof*~ ♪ ♫
DeeBo
Posted: Jan 15 2017, 11:42 PM

'Murican

Member No.: 10,506

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

WHO'S READY FOR SHOT SHOW 2017!?

It's the time of the year for the industry to show case a BUNCH of shit that I can waste my money on! w00t2.gif

I really hope Glock releases something about Gen 5.

Anyways, what's everyone's everyday carry for those that do?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 16 2017, 05:14 AM

ShiMACHaze

I'm moving to a part of the state that's friendlier to such things, so hopefully I'll be able to carry soon. At present all I've got is the trusty P6 I've had since forever, but I'd like to get something a little lighter for everyday use. Maybe an XD compact? I'd have to check our roster to see what's still legal in 2017. rolleyes.gif
DeeBo
Posted: Jan 17 2017, 08:17 PM

'Murican

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 6:14 AM)
I'm moving to a part of the state that's friendlier to such things, so hopefully I'll be able to carry soon. At present all I've got is the trusty P6 I've had since forever, but I'd like to get something a little lighter for everyday use. Maybe an XD compact? I'd have to check our roster to see what's still legal in 2017. rolleyes.gif

Jesus isn't that a brick?
Get yourself a Glock 43, S&W M&P Shield. Nice sub-compacts that are below 10 rounds... I think they fit the bill? I'm not familiar with how restrictive they are on the approval list. blink.gif
xiao
Posted: Jan 17 2017, 09:51 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (DeeBo @ 1 hour, 31 minutes ago)
Get yourself a Glock 43, S&W M&P Shield. Nice sub-compacts that are below 10 rounds... I think they fit the bill? I'm not familiar with how restrictive they are on the approval list.  blink.gif

DeeBo m'man we have a Discord server chat thingamabob in lieu of our olden AIM chat from waaay back when. Just thought you'd like to know cause there's usually some form of firearms discussion going aboot!

Download the app if you're on Windows ~ it's better than Skype! grin2.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=l-ieIQFNjWg )
APX
Posted: Jan 17 2017, 09:53 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Kershaw is over there right now. They make some good knives. I want their Shuffle. Q_Q
xiao
Posted: Jan 17 2017, 09:57 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 7:14 AM)
At present all I've got is the trusty P6…

★ SIG Sauer's are the only way SEGA Black Ops rollz my nugga! user posted image
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 17 2017, 11:04 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ 58 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
★ SIG Sauer's are the only way SEGA Black Ops rollz my nugga!  http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Action-Smoke/smoke2.gif

Good for you. Don't get me wrong, I love my P6, but it is by no means the best handgun I've ever fired. That honor goes to the Springfield XD45 without a doubt. If I can acquire a compact version of one of those, that would be awesome. Then again, the one I fired was full-size, so I'm not sure how the compact would compare.

QUOTE (DeeBo @ 2 hours, 39 minutes ago)
Get yourself a Glock 43, S&W M&P Shield. Nice sub-compacts that are below 10 rounds... I think they fit the bill? I'm not familiar with how restrictive they are on the approval list.  blink.gif

It's not the 10-round thing that's the problem, it's that Commiefornia has this thing called the "Handgun Safety Roster" which they claim "Only allows handguns tested and proven to be safe to be sold in California." Except that these expire every year, and the manufacturer has to renew the registration ($$$) in order to keep each handgun listed. Now, if they were tested and proven to be safe...why wouldn't they be safe now? Answer: it has nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with slowly chipping away at the guns a citizen can purchase and artificially inflating the prices of those handguns.

For instance, the Browning Hi-Power. Anywhere else it's a relatively inexpensive firearm due to its wide popularity and wide assortment of manufacturers. In California, however, there is only a single model of Hi-Power on the HSR, which has artificially inflated the cost of that one pistol to over $1000. In addition, because California has a 10-round magazine limit, it's a neutered Hi-Power at that. My P6 is not legal for commercial sale either, so I'm very lucky to have purchased it while there was still a way to do so.

If you'd like to check out the roster for yourself so you can see how utterly shit this state is, have a gander here: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

Already I can tell you that the Glock 43 is not legal here, though the M&P shield in 9mm and 40S&W is.
xiao
  Posted: Jan 18 2017, 02:20 PM

moon bunny

^ Just looked up the banned list in CA … y'ouch!

Isn't there a way to just purchase & mail it to an out-of-state residency, then waltz it back into the state & give the old gov'nator the middle fingaz.

You could find a loophole if you know somebody out of CA jurisdiction then bring-it back in like you did your P6 no? ohmy.gif

… or does it involve some hi-grade FFL mumbo-jumbo not even worth it?

This post has been edited by xiao on Jan 18 2017, 02:23 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 18 2017, 02:30 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ 3 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
^ Just looked up the banned list in CA … y'ouch!

That's not the banned list, that's the allowed list.

Isn't there a way to just purchase & mail it to an out-of-state residency, then waltz it back into the state & give the old gov'nator the middle fingaz.

No. The law specifically states that the commercial sale or importation of such weapons is illegal. The only exception--and I honestly have to check to see if this is still allowed--is if you have an 03 FFL and purchase a Curio & Relic firearm out-of-state then come back. As long as it is not otherwise classified as an assault weapon, that would be legal (though you are supposed to notify the CA DOJ and I believe pay a fee). Doing otherwise is a felony, so don't try it.

You could find a loophole if you know somebody out of CA jurisdiction then bring-it back in like you did your P6 no? ohmy.gif

That's not how I bought my P6. I bought it perfectly legally within CA at an actual gun store from another person. The 'Handgun Safety Roster' only applies to commercial sales, so sales from person to person from one's personal collection are okay. They've been trying to change that law recently, however, so this may not be the case for long.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jan 18 2017, 02:31 PM
xiao
Posted: Jan 18 2017, 03:00 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 24 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
That's not the banned list, that's the allowed list.

Ahh! That makes a lot more sense laugh.gif

But still ouch! You can't even buy the "cool-guns" ~ which is why I think most young people nowadays including myself love handguns … cause of the way they look not how they function. So you can't even posses a Mateba Unica 6 in Cali… crying2.gif

I don't really like the way Glocks look & according to reviews they have a Jack of all trades Master of none syndrome ~ but I found a pretty informative video projecting exactly what you just said →

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=kNN7dnxjsHU )

Sucks that politicians are slowly chipping away the rights -- it's pretty obvious, but they just wanna outlaw all firearms eventually across America, exempli gratia Japan.

I wonder if LEO's in CA have more options beyond that list, cause military's always above State laws ~ but that's cause they're military not civilians go fig. :/
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 18 2017, 03:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

LEO and active military do play by different rules, yes. That has to happen because reasons. derp.gif

Again, California is crap for gun laws. It just is. For instance, say you wanted a Thompson Contender. They're intended to be sold as a frame and a barrel, separately, for customization's sake. However, in California if you import just the frame it is not considered a firearm--it is considered a rifle receiver. As such, it can only be assembled into a rifle configuration, not a pistol configuration. If you attempt to assemble a Contender into a pistol, you will have created a short-barreled rifle and will have committed a felony. Thus, the only way to import a Contender is as a complete unit, which means you actually have to ship the parts to someone in a free state, have them assemble it, then have them transfer it to you in California through an FFL.

Major ridiculous.
DeeBo
Posted: Jan 18 2017, 05:53 PM

'Murican

Wtf the 43!? mad.gif blink.gif
I seriously just can't fathom all the fucking laws that are able to pass in California. Fear and ignorance are strong as fuck in that state and the government officials just love exploiting the fuck out of it. And the worst part of this is that thought process is spreading up to the PNW, which is where I was planning on residing and job hunting after my I obtained my degree. Maybe I'll just stay in Ohio or maybe hit up Montana. ermm2.gif

I also remember reading an article that some of these anti-gun government officials get good with their 'connections' in LE and obtain CCW's, which is similar to what happens in New York. Disgusting if true. facepalm.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 18 2017, 06:53 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (DeeBo @ 1 hour, 0 minutes ago)
I also remember reading an article that some of these anti-gun government officials get good with their 'connections' in LE and obtain CCW's, which is similar to what happens in New York. Disgusting if true.  facepalm.gif

It is true. For instance, California senator Dianne Feinstein is one of the most vocal, ignorant, batshit anti-gun senators we have. While she's well-known for saying all manner of inane bullshit about guns, there is one thing that she truly doesn't like to talk about...and that's the fact that while at the same time as she's working dilligently to strip you of your constitutional rights, she is freely expressing hers:

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1EObqM9Z0s )

Now, to be clear, she claims to have allowed her license to lapse, but the point here is that it's direct, irrefutable evidence that the same people who want to disarm you are more than willing to arm themselves and shield themselves with LE and/or the military.

Or perhaps you'd get a kick out of the story of CA senator Leland Yee, another vocal anti-gun advocate who also fought very hard to remove 'dangerous assault weapons' from the state. Of course, then we found out that he was involved in trafficking weapons, ostensibly ones from overseas, likely ones that are not legal, and most certainly doing so in illegal fashion. Gotta hand it to him, it's a brilliant business model--make certain firearms illegal to boost their worth on the black market, then show up as the black market dealer for those same firearms.

So yeah, welcome to California! derp.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jan 18 2017, 06:54 PM
DeeBo
Posted: Jan 19 2017, 05:12 PM

'Murican

In other news, the Army has chosen Sig Sauer's entry for the Modular Handgun System. I assume it's a P320 built to the Army's specs. What do y'all think?

21 Pages  « 17 18 19 20 21