Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) PROJECT.D I

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
• Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
• Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  « 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,776  ·  Replies: 119 
> INITIAL D4 COMING TO PS3 as Extreme Stage!, OMFG
Joshima_San
Posted: Jun 26 2008, 06:03 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,236

QUOTE (L.I. Phantom @ Today at 4:40 PM)
Ok, bit of a PS3 n00b question here. I just got my PS3 yesterday (the 40GB version), so which version of Extreme Stage will play on my PS3, the Asia or Japan one or will both play? Once I get an answer, I'll preorder.

EDIT: Had a thought concerning not being able to read japanese. Given the PS3s internet capabilities and such, what's stopping someone from making an english language patch for the game and putting it up on a web site for download? You hit the site, download the english language patch to the hard drive then install it. This should in theory work, correct?

I all so have a 40gb PS3. I own 2 Japanese games and they work fine all japanese games r regoin free.
flubbachany
Posted: Jun 26 2008, 10:34 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 29,845

EDIT: Had a thought concerning not being able to read japanese. Given the PS3s internet capabilities and such, what's stopping someone from making an english language patch for the game and putting it up on a web site for download? You hit the site, download the english language patch to the hard drive then install it. This should in theory work, correct?

In theory this should work, however, you first need someone who is willing and able to do it. Lots of games have been released in Jap only so far, and none have had language "hacks" made yet (as far as I know)
EMAGDNIM
Posted: Jun 26 2008, 10:37 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 5,679

I really don't think this game will push the limits of the gamer who knows no Japanese. You will be able to navigate though the menus rather easily if its anything like special stage. Plus, if you're still worried about that, I bet the HK manual (With English) will be scanned and posted the same day it's released...
calvinz
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 10:23 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 29,548

just played the asian version i got earlier today... laugh.gif

update: the jap version does not allow anyone outside of japan to play online as expected.. bummer dry.gif

This post has been edited by calvinz on Jun 28 2008, 10:29 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 10:25 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Well... how is it? Fill us in, you lucky shit, you! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Tessō on Jun 28 2008, 10:25 AM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
EMAGDNIM
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 10:48 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (calvinz @ Today at 10:23 AM)
just played the asian version i got earlier today... laugh.gif

update: the jap version does not allow anyone outside of japan to play online as expected.. bummer dry.gif

You lucky SOB!!! PLEASE FILL US IN ON IT!!!!

And where did you find the info on the JPN version's online mode not working outside of Japan?
Tessou
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 10:52 AM

Group Icon

He didn't. The asia version doesn't even have the option for online in the main menu.

Right now online play outside of Japan is still a giant question mark. Nobody knows, but your best bet for now is to prepare a JP PSN account and pray.
EMAGDNIM
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 11:14 AM

IDW God Member

I had a Japanese PSN account for a while now. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. You can't toy with people's emotions by making a statement like that calvinz without confirming it...
flubbachany
Posted: Jun 28 2008, 10:41 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 29,845

POST A REVIEW!!! DAMN I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 2 WEEKS
Tessou
Posted: Jun 29 2008, 04:18 AM

Group Icon

Read the identical thread in the video games section. Online is region locked to Japan IPs only.
-ShinRei-
Posted: Jun 29 2008, 04:46 AM

The Legendary R Master

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,882

I've Pre-Order it!!!The Asia Version!!!Hope I can get the Phone-Strap!!! pinch2.gif
calvinz
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 08:09 AM

Shmuck

finished the game already.. happogahara was a pain in the arse to learn.. its a combination of iroha + tsukuba... pinch2.gif gameplay wise its the same like what we get in the arcades wink2.gif the difference lies on how the cars get tuned.. instead of waiting for the number of plays to reach the customize shop.. we can just get into the customize shop anytime we want happy.gif

i played this game with the logitech G25 racing wheel and I could say the controls are as close as it gets to the AS4..

edit: oh yea the JPN edition is confirmed not playable in the online lobby.. only locked out to JPN IP.. had a few people tried it so no point in buying the JPN region one

This post has been edited by calvinz on Jul 1 2008, 08:10 AM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 08:49 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

QUOTE (calvinz @ Today at 11:09 AM)
finished the game already.. happogahara was a pain in the arse to learn.. its a combination of iroha + tsukuba... pinch2.gif gameplay wise its the same like what we get in the arcades wink2.gif the difference lies on how the cars get tuned.. instead of waiting for the number of plays to reach the customize shop.. we can just get into the customize shop anytime we want happy.gif

i played this game with the logitech G25 racing wheel and I could say the controls are as close as it gets to the AS4..

edit: oh yea the JPN edition is confirmed not playable in the online lobby.. only locked out to JPN IP.. had a few people tried it so no point in buying the JPN region one

Check the other topic in the gaming section. Someone from California got onto the IDES online.
EMAGDNIM
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 08:51 AM

IDW God Member

I'm glad you have Shmuck under your username...

You've already been debunked about the online play but that's cool...

stageshow
Posted: Jul 1 2008, 02:43 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 25,626

calvinz is wrong

u could play online its been confirmed on page 33 vvvvv

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=33582&st=800

calvinz
Posted: Jul 3 2008, 09:53 PM

Shmuck

at least it couldn't be played on my ISP at my country dry.gif
Mac (SM)
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 10:26 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 25,819

yo i went to all the video game stores that i know import games but all of them said that it would take a month for me to order the game how fast can playasia or any other web site get it too me because i know other people in the USA have it so can some on tell me a place to get it fast (i really want to play japanese players on the internet)
-ShinRei-
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 11:44 PM

The Legendary R Master

I really want to go Online Battle..But My Inet Connection here sucks!!!
marusho_sakamoto
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 01:21 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 24,968

QUOTE (-ShinRei- @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM)
I really want to go Online Battle..But My Inet Connection here sucks!!!

what kind of internet connection are you using?
-ShinRei-
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 05:54 AM

The Legendary R Master

QUOTE (marusho_sakamoto @ Jul 6 2008, 01:21 AM)
what kind of internet connection are you using?

I have FastNet and Speedy,they're both as slow as an AE85..=.=" But I'm a little bit disappointed with Initial D Extreme Stage..The GamePlay..We can't tilt the steering wheel a little,only full turn..Well,maybe it's because I'm using a controller,or does it affect?Anyway I'm glad I got a Phone-Strap..Yippe!!! smile.gif

5 Pages  « 3 4 5