Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Lou Grant - Don't Stop the Music

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,720  ·  Replies: 29 
> Initial D ver5 New Zealand, Timezone queen st.
Retsuka
  Posted: Mar 19 2009, 12:59 AM

Grand Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,288

Hey auckland players, been a long time.

initial d 5 was brought to timezone this morning and installed much later in the afternoon, i cannot say the price just yet because i left for work just before they finished the installation and coin cascade hadnt given them a specific price to set.

all i can say is that its $3 or $2 a play, knowing from the past, which isnt much cos every thursday is half price and every 1st wednesday of all months is double dollars.

aswell as all feb and november months.

i'll be coming out of retirement aswell for this version so lets have some nice battles like in ver2 and 3, ver4 was a complete faliure.

oh one more thing...

we have the japanese version so going by the past versions i doubt we can transfer our ID4 cards over, sorry in advance.

to help our players that cant read jap (like myself lol sleep.gif).

mode selection=

1st= legend of streets
2nd= time attack
3rd= online mode (we wont have this feature even tho we have jap version i think).
4th= instore battle
5th= event mode

im sure when the phillipines and singapore get it we can get damien and other guys helping out with translations and tuning process etc.

as far as i know new cars are supra, roadster, rx7 rs, evo 7 (yes re added rofl), mrs (again re added).

new tracks are hakone and shiet thats all i know lol.

ill be in playing from opening till closing ours tomorow so ill post a hella lot of info in a different thread for all id.net players to veiw, like ID4 times tongue.gif.

anyways nite nite all ^^.
*j*j*
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 01:18 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 26,358

hi retsu, nice to know that NZ have got their V5 ... wishes u all kiwis plenty of fun playing it ... good luck grin2.gif
zero-g
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 01:22 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 29,653

It's good that NZ get it already, but how come penang haven get yet? mad.gif
stormfox
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 01:34 AM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

Congrats to NZ for getting ID5 too =)

it appears like EXPort version is the main international version now

eh... dude... Singapore already have ID5... check out the other hot topic wink2.gif

Have fun people =)

This post has been edited by stormfox on Mar 19 2009, 01:36 AM
zero-g
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 01:42 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 29,653

Err, im from malaysia, even though KL have it already, it doesn't mean penang have it yet, and my team member tell me that the shiptment is on the way... to queensbay
Retsuka
  Posted: Mar 19 2009, 02:36 PM

Grand Wizard

o rly nice to know singapore has it then.

im going in now, got bored and couldnt sleep last night so went for a drive, and ended up sleeping at 3 so i over slept and woke up like an hour ago sleep.gif".

but going in now to try it out ^^.

hf all.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 06:38 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Shale needs to get in on this. So i can finally beat her down.

Edit:

Wait, are you guys getting the internet battlez?

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON Type R on Mar 19 2009, 06:38 PM
Retsuka
  Posted: Mar 19 2009, 08:20 PM

Grand Wizard

lol 3 hours of full initial d is enough for today.

finished the game once, lost to bunta in the last corner tho.

thoughts on legend of the streets= really easy tbh, beat everyone on 1st try except akina tak (4 tries) keisuke (nagao 2 tries) and takumi (nagao 3 tries).

takumi and bunta on akina are ferocious on the last corner (yes the very last right corner, they blast into it if u cant block ur farked).

same with nagao keisuke and takumi are quite fast in the last 15 seconds or so.

its really easy to get used to ID5 i love it so far.

most exciting race was agaisnt omya man i loved that race lol... anyways hmm tuning system of the car seems to be the same as ID4, if anyone has any questions or something ask cos ill be going in to have a game or two tomorow also.

version exp will not have online feature.

and TZ's instore battle feature will be fixed on monday.
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 08:35 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

that's crap not having it going online. have you asked your arcade attendant to push for an online connection? the game would be so much fun if that was the case

This post has been edited by shadow_z3r0 on Mar 19 2009, 08:35 PM
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 09:44 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 32,272

its written on the actual machine that version exp will not have the online and event features enabled. so i dunno about making it online even if we have a connection
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 09:55 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

ah yes, but that's because it's without internet connection.

once it's connected it'll update and then we can have the online features.

or at least that's what we heard in singapore
DarK_Mini
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 11:32 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,060

Do any of you guys know when IDAS5 will be arriving at sydney?
spl
Posted: Mar 20 2009, 08:16 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 5,395

Galaxy World will be getting it in Sydney in the next few weeks I have heard.
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 12:31 AM

IDW Banned Member

no one cares about aussie u guys are slow tongue.gif.

jks jks lol, ill be visiting sydney next year so hopefully u have it by then.

i wanna watch some TA vids if anyone has any please post them up, as of now im actually over 20 seconds or around 20 seconds slower the WR times, its only been 2 days but wtf lol the difference is huge.

ah nmm just saw in some vids the difference between stock and fulltune is like chocolate and shit.

from the vids i can tell theres over 10 sec difference at least lol.

This post has been edited by Tsyta on Mar 21 2009, 12:50 AM
stormfox
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 05:02 AM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (Tsyta @ 4 hours, 31 minutes ago)
ah nmm just saw in some vids the difference between stock and fulltune is like chocolate and shit.

wakaka... chocolate and shit... didn't see that coming... wink2.gif

i'll believe in id.net connection for EXP machine.... when i see it...
sega didnt really give me much confidence since the last version dry.gif
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 12:31 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (stormfox @ 7 hours, 28 minutes ago)
wakaka... chocolate and shit... didn't see that coming... wink2.gif

i'll believe in id.net connection for EXP machine.... when i see it...
sega didnt really give me much confidence since the last version dry.gif

this time round its true though.

they never made such a big difference in ft and stock, its actually well worth fting a car now, ill ft mine in a week or so cos too lazy to pay fullprice for ID games, $1 per game on thursdays ftw.
MAFD
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 01:26 AM

Team YG Revilution

Member No.: 1,540

Just had a few games of this today, looks pretty good but will definitely take a bit of getting use to.
Mr. Shine
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 01:45 PM

Troll King

Member No.: 3,757

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Mar 19 2009, 12:59 AM)
Hey auckland players, been a long time.

---snip---

Hetakuso (へたくそ) and Akachan( あかちゃん) reporting in. I still have my Japanese cards so I'll be testing to see if they can be transferred to the overseas arrange version. I also have a Arcade Stage 5 card now, but my Japanese card is almost full tuned if I recall correctly...

New track isn't Hakone either. Happogahara (from pre-Arcade Stage 4) and Nagao. What're your card names, retsuka? Are you the Indian-looking guy with the braces? (no offence intended if that sounds racist or harsh!) I'm the guy who shows up in a business shirt and trousers Monday-Thursday, and casual clothes on Fridays, with the JDM backpack tongue.gif
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 02:19 PM

IDW Banned Member

haha sorry that post was many days back.

and just to clarify Retsuka was a very old forum name that i used to use when i was younger, kinda better using my card name as the forum name so people know me easily.

and yeh the 'indian looking guy with braces' sounds quite right hahaha.

tho im from iran so describe me as the terrorist guy with the braces rofl.

i remember seeing JDM on a backpack but i cant recall who was wearing it or just say hi in person.

unless ur that white guy that drives the s13 ohmy.gif? meh, lol ill come in today to talk to santoso so yea see u there probably.

wait nmm u are lol, kk i know who u are now yo xD, and my card name is Tsyta, black evo 3 that makes the pang pang noise sleep.gif

This post has been edited by Tsyta on Mar 26 2009, 02:24 PM
Mr. Shine
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 02:36 PM

Troll King

QUOTE (Tsyta @ 17 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
unless ur that white guy that drives the s13 ohmy.gif? meh, lol ill come in today to talk to santoso so yea see u there probably.

wait nmm u are lol, kk i know who u are now yo xD, and my card name is Tsyta, black evo 3 that makes the pang pang noise sleep.gif

Yeah that's me laugh.gif no offence meant with the "Indian-looking" thing - I meant that to include the middle east, but it's hard to pinpoint it sweatingbullets.gif

I just dropped in on my way to the office now (lack of actual work to do ftw!) but they were trying to fix the machine link or something, so I'll drop by on my way back to class in about 45mins or so to try and update my Japanese cards. Fingers crossed... will be awesome if all that Yen spent can benefit me here, too biggrin.gif

Cars on my Japanese cards are a near-FT AE86 Levin and a red S13, off the top of my head. Can't wait to try biggrin.gif
stormfox
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 03:31 PM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (OSK @ 1 hour, 46 minutes ago)
New track isn't Hakone either. Happogahara (from pre-Arcade Stage 4) and Nagao. What're your card names, retsuka? Are you the Indian-looking guy with the braces? (no offence intended if that sounds racist or harsh!) I'm the guy who shows up in a business shirt and trousers Monday-Thursday, and casual clothes on Fridays, with the JDM backpack tongue.gif

Who ever said Hakone? laugh.gif

You'll either love or hate what they did to Happo now... shifty2.gif Nagao is cool too
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 03:59 PM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (stormfox @ 27 minutes, 49 seconds ago)

You'll either love or hate what they did to Happo now... shifty2.gif Nagao is cool too

i perfer ver3 happo.

all they needed to do to ver 3 was.

better graphics, removal of tst and eraser, nerf GDB and RX8 start up.

add 3 new cars and 2 new tracks.

gg best version ever.

but no, they added all this pointless shit and messed ID up for good lol.
Mr. Shine
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 11:31 PM

Troll King

QUOTE (stormfox @ 7 hours, 59 minutes ago)

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Mar 19 2009, 12:59 AM)
new tracks are hakone and shiet thats all i know lol.

He did tongue.gif

I was pretty happy with Arcade Stage 4 up until "the patch", but I was playing it in Japan so it was simply put, much, much better. Arcade Stage 5 got me psyched when I played the live tests over New Year as well, and I'm glad we've got effectively the Japanese version minus the online battles.

I do miss Version 3, though. That's when I really started playing it, and I miss playing Version 3 in Japan. Good times.
stormfox
Posted: Mar 27 2009, 08:15 AM

Underdog Nutcase

QUOTE (OSK @ 8 hours, 44 minutes ago)

He did tongue.gif

I was pretty happy with Arcade Stage 4 up until "the patch", but I was playing it in Japan so it was simply put, much, much better. Arcade Stage 5 got me psyched when I played the live tests over New Year as well, and I'm glad we've got effectively the Japanese version minus the online battles.

I do miss Version 3, though. That's when I really started playing it, and I miss playing Version 3 in Japan. Good times.

ID4.. i liked it initially... until someone discovered brake-cancel.. that sorta puts a dampener on things cos everything starts feeling weird and out of place. then i drifted off... once in a while was fun.. but never held me like the Ver series.

yea... V3 was the holy grail of the Ver series.

Lets see if ID5 can match up to that in time to come... it is looking promising so far thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by stormfox on Mar 27 2009, 08:16 AM
Hcorp
Posted: Mar 30 2009, 02:34 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 32,401

I'll have to stop by TZ sometime this or next week. I played heavily during V2 back when YZY held all of our TA records (wow I must have been like 14 and I'm 20 now), then less so during V3 and by the time V4 rolled around, I was playing WMMT3. This looks good enough to come back for, and the Evo VII being in the game sells me on it o:

2 Pages  1 2