Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing move - Noizy Tribe

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,127  ·  Replies: 101 
> ID 8 tournament at Round 1 San Jose?, An idea about hosting a small tourney
Streamline
Posted: Jan 17 2016, 09:05 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,524

I believe they should. Initial D 8 was the second highest income game in the whole arcade, so they should keep it maintained. Even if they didn't, the tournament should have shown them that there's reason to.
Mrfats0
Posted: Jan 20 2016, 01:26 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,221

I've been in and out of round one for 2 weeks already. Been hoping to make a card but they've been out of stock for some reason. Or it hasn't been working. Does anyone have a blank for sale? Located in San Jose area. Thanks!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Twigler
Posted: Jan 22 2016, 01:09 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,205

QUOTE (Mrfats0 @ Jan 20 2016, 01:26 PM)
I've been in and out of round one for 2 weeks already. Been hoping to make a card but they've been out of stock for some reason. Or it hasn't been working. Does anyone have a blank for sale? Located in San Jose area. Thanks!

Aw man they are still out? Well if you find anyone with multiple blanks let me know I will definitely get one lol.
Na12uto
Posted: Jan 31 2016, 06:35 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 46,237

I believe the round one down her in SoCal should have some, Let me know when that next tourney happens, would be willing to drive up there for one!
sizzle
Posted: Feb 16 2016, 11:43 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,808

when the next tourneyment?
Streamline
Posted: Feb 21 2016, 08:52 PM

IDW Member

I'm wondering the same thing guys.
WanganComet
Posted: Feb 22 2016, 06:34 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 33,207

I think we still have cards down in socal. If you guys host another tournament I'm willing to make cards and bring them to you guys when I go.

The Sixth Element
Posted: Feb 22 2016, 08:46 PM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

You guys talking about the Round 1 at Industry right? I don't know the other locations in SoCal with the IDAS8 machines.
Sunny
  Posted: Feb 24 2016, 12:37 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 45,957

Hey guys, been a while since I looked back on this, I didn't even know people would even still pay attention to this topic haha. Ever since the tournament I haven't honestly played a lot of Initial D if not ANY. I've just been doing school and other things that interest me at the moment. I still like Initial D a lot, i just felt burned out i guess.

Anyways, I had a few people already asking me besides the forum posts if there is going to be another tournament soon. I honestly didn't have any plans to host another tournament soon, but if everyone's down, then how can I resist? If I do, it'll probably be a month or two from now.

So somethings I need to know from you guys,

1) Schedule-wise, when are the best times to host these? (for you guys) (Month wise and day) March, April, may? Last time I had to push the date back and forth before an official date because some people were on vacation, or they had exams. Couldn't satisfy everyone so I did my best.

2) Feed back (more for the people who went to tourney), everyone said they had fun, but I know we ran into some problems along the way. Do you guys have anything to say, if say you had a problem with or maybe liked something with the first tournament?

3) Rule-set, the first rule-set was made so that it was more casual. I forced boost ON because:
a.) No one likes someone getting stomped with a 600m disadvantage, it's boring
b.) Not everyone knows every map, so this kinda (sortaaa) leveled things out.
c.) It's entertaining! You see people actually passing each other up, even some last second
business right before the finish line.
d.) Random map selection, it was really hard to get this to even go smoothly. It sucked having
so people only play one round until semi finals where it became (best two out of three).
Boost helped with the unlucky map picks for certain people. (going back to b.)
Did you guys like these rules? Any ideas to change it up? Let me know please.

I just need to know these things before I go ahead and contact the arcade manager for an idea to host another tournament , with the input I hope I can polish some issues we had previously so things can be more enjoyable and run smoother.

Hopefully with the assistance of Round 1, if not hosted by Round 1, it can be a more exciting experience for all of us! (And I can focus on playing smile.gif !)

Streamline
Posted: Feb 25 2016, 08:15 PM

IDW Member

I'm banning Nanamagari already.
sizzle
Posted: Feb 28 2016, 06:35 PM

IDW God Member

Those rules are fine. Send us a date for next tournament. Me and my friends are waiting to find out.
Mrfats0
Posted: Mar 10 2016, 06:53 PM

Shmuck

Checked again today, no luck on cards. They said possibly may. =|

Twigler
Posted: Apr 9 2016, 05:07 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,205

They have cards right now!
Mrfats0
Posted: Apr 12 2016, 06:31 PM

Shmuck

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to make a card after so long of ins and outs!

-VIRUS-
Posted: Apr 19 2016, 06:17 PM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,643

man ppl still playing. thats good to hear.
sizzle
Posted: Apr 19 2016, 08:41 PM

IDW God Member

Still waiting on Sunny to provide the next tournament date??? Any news?

This post has been edited by sizzle on Apr 19 2016, 08:41 PM
Mrfats0
Posted: May 7 2016, 06:40 PM

Shmuck

Just saw sunny today doing a 2v2. Idk if it's the same dude but damn he's fast. Raced with a guy without a name, so couldn't identify.

Sunny
  Posted: May 15 2016, 06:57 PM

IDW Full Member

Sorry for lack of updates. Finishing up school while being caught up with work.

So anyways, I sent the Amusement-Manager an email expressing my interest to work with them for an official ID tournament. They replied back showing eagerness for such an event and requested that I send them a proposal. I made a proposal with the rule set but couldn't answer some of the questions they asked me due to lack of information.( eg. Can we make the games free, can we move the machines, how much time to host the entire event ). With me asking those questions for them to answer, they have yet to reply. It's been about 8-9 days now without a response. If anything, ill contact the head manager, but if I get no response, then I won't go any further bothering them.

I really do want to host (or help host) another Initial D tournament. It's fun playing with everyone, but if they don't even bother replying then I wont either. If anything, if you already haven't heard, there's also going to be a tournament in Sunnyvale Golfland with the help of AXEL. I'm looking forward to this event. For now i'll just be on stand-by for R1, but it's good knowing there is another tournament in the works.

I'll try to keep you guys updated smile.gif
Mrfats0
Posted: May 16 2016, 11:50 PM

Shmuck

Hey man. It was great meeting you and some of your friends. I'm the dude at golf land on Saturday morning with the fd haha.

Sunny
  Posted: May 17 2016, 08:51 PM

IDW Full Member

Hey! Haha. Yeah you guys were cool, we should play again some time! I'm just getting back into Initial D so youll see at R1 and SVGL more often.
Spartan_Ace
Posted: Jun 12 2016, 08:18 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 46,575

Sup round 1 San Jose initial d 8 drivers! Just got done at round 1 and to my great disappointment they ran out of cards. I would like to ask everyone if they know where I can purchase a card? or if anyone is selling a card? or if round 1 ever re-fills the machine with cards? Thanks! I super want to play but dont want to spend money if im not tuning a car. Kind of a waste. Yup. and I'd be super up on attending tournaments and or having session once or twice a month. I'm from the concord area (there getting a round 1 soon!) But im cool with driving to san jose once or twice a month to race and practice with everyone.
Sunny
  Posted: Jun 12 2016, 11:19 PM

IDW Full Member

Sunnyvale Golfland had cards about 4 days ago I heard. Try there. Round 1 also restocks cards time to time. Come play with us! We love new players smile.gif . I should give Concord a visit when it opens! If you ever wanna play with us, just let us know ahead of time haha.
Spartan_Ace
Posted: Jun 13 2016, 11:57 AM

IDW Member

Dude! thats whatsup! Well me and a group of my friends/cousins (none intial d players) are planning to go on Saturday, july 2nd. We plan to arrive at around maybe 1 or 2 pm. My name is Ace btw. Looking forward to meeting and racing with everyone. Hopefully they have cards at sunnyvale golf land. Peace.
Sunny
  Posted: Jun 13 2016, 10:21 PM

IDW Full Member

Forsure! See you there!
Spartan_Ace
Posted: Jun 15 2016, 04:45 PM

IDW Member

Today I went to Sunnyvale golf land. To my luck it was unlimited arcade mania or whatever they call it. So that means they take the cards out. I was desperate for a card so I asked management if they can just pull a few strings and put a few cards in so I can purchase 3. I concvinced them! They put the cards in! While I was purchasing the cards an error showed up and I ended up not getting them! Shit outta luck. Hopefully they still have cards the next time I go. These cards are selling like hot cakes! Sucks. I might try and head there Friday after work.

edit: I'll actually be at golfland monday morning right when they open. Hopefully no arcade mania so I can purchase my cards and be done with that.

This post has been edited by Spartan_Ace on Jun 15 2016, 08:14 PM

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5