Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing move - Blast My Desire

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,193  ·  Replies: 9 
> Question regarding D8 Infinity
TOFUSHOP
  Posted: Mar 6 2015, 04:06 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,315

Hey everyone! I'm new to the game and I wanted to post a question here because I couldn't really find the answer from the introduction topic.

1. As far as I can tell, certain cars have optional engine upgrades such as the AE86 variants (NA, turbo, supercharger). Do any other cars have specific upgrades, as well? (e.g. Evo III MFS system?)

2. In the story mode, I am finding that certain battles (esp. ones with auras) are much harder to beat on the first run than other battles (e.g God Foot). I'm just wondering if this is normal (or if I just suck). And in the case that it's normal, what do you guys do? Do you guys go back to previous battles to upgrade the car first rather than try again and risk getting only 200 pts??

Thank you all!
OkamiWind
Posted: Mar 6 2015, 06:04 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

1. Not that i'm aware of...maybe except the RX-7 Type R (Keisuke and Kyoko's cars) where it was either between a single.double turbo charger. But not sure outside of that.

2. No the aura people can be beaten the first time through, it does require some skill though.
Falbere
Posted: Mar 6 2015, 07:06 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

For 2: if you have difficulties playing through the story mode, I would play a couple of TAs. I always try to do the 1st 2 project d missions, to get the max amount of points first.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SonicSP
Posted: Mar 6 2015, 09:02 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

First of all, are you playing on an online or offline machine? Whether to proceed for the Project D Missions depends on this. The first two Project D missions gives you a lot of points to contribute to full tuning your car but it's only possible to do if you can access online battles.

Just as a side, don't spend points on external parts like aero parts and rims until you've fully tune the internal of your cars.

1. Mostly just the AE86s I believe. It's not a big deal since there's almost no difference in performance anyways. The biggest difference is just in sound.

2. I would second the TA opinion mentioned by Falbare. TA's get you the 600 points as long as you can finish them so not much risk and it helps you train at the same time on a specific course of your choosing.
Saint
Posted: Mar 7 2015, 04:56 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (TOFUSHOP @ Today, 12:06 AM)
Hey everyone! I'm new to the game and I wanted to post a question here because I couldn't really find the answer from the introduction topic.

1. As far as I can tell, certain cars have optional engine upgrades such as the AE86 variants (NA, turbo, supercharger). Do any other cars have specific upgrades, as well? (e.g. Evo III MFS system?)

2. In the story mode, I am finding that certain battles (esp. ones with auras) are much harder to beat on the first run than other battles (e.g God Foot). I'm just wondering if this is normal (or if I just suck). And in the case that it's normal, what do you guys do? Do you guys go back to previous battles to upgrade the car first rather than try again and risk getting only 200 pts??

Thank you all!

1. As I know, Ikeda's Fairlady Z and Sakai's Integra DC2 have the option of getting a turbo or full NA balancing.

2. Yeah you suck. tongue.gif Just kidding. I know that feel when I first started out. I suck too, but as I get used to the game physics, I could beat them easily eventually (except that asshole Ryosuke on RS Kaori Arc). You just need to be familiar with the roads and the game physics, that's all.

Good luck in your IDAS8 adventure. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Saint on Apr 26 2015, 08:09 AM
TOFUSHOP
  Posted: Mar 7 2015, 06:12 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,315

Thanks for all of your replies! I play at Round 1 in Illinois, so we don't have online access. One thing that I do find, though, is that the battles get easier after having lost 3-4 times. Another thing is, beating previously beaten rivals also gives me 600 pts, as well. So i guess ill just have to tune my car more before proceeding.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: Mar 8 2015, 12:59 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

Yeah, beating old rivals will also give you 600 points but won't give you any bonuses that they've previously were given. Still a nice way to earn points though.

Since you are playing offline, I would suggest ignoring the D Missions. You cant complete them without having online battles, so they're aren't useful.
Pasta
Posted: Mar 8 2015, 09:18 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 11,928

I'm sure I'll see you there at some point or another. What's your card name?

Also, the battle with God Foot took me about a million tries the first time through as well. Mostly because Tsukuba is a terrible track.

Also if you can find someone to do Tag Battles with, that's your fastest option for earning points, since you'll get about 900 every victory.

This post has been edited by Pasta on Mar 8 2015, 09:20 AM
kenji?
Posted: Mar 8 2015, 12:19 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 45,304

hey, i go to round 1 too! whata coincidence lol
kenji? is the name, say hi if you see me!
as far as god hand/foot goes, i simply ignored the "special" mission? challenge? and went straight for the win! i figure going back to finish the "special" mission?challenge? is always an option, right?
OkamiWind
Posted: Mar 8 2015, 05:36 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

QUOTE (kenji? @ 5 hours, 16 minutes ago)
as far as god hand/foot goes, i simply ignored the "special" mission? challenge? and went straight for the win! i figure going back to finish the "special" mission?challenge? is always an option, right?

That special mission is something optional you can do, but if you want to face Bunta you will need to do so. However by finishing all of them in a single arc you can unlock something called 'RivalSide'. Basically it's a what if scenario in the manga/anime.