Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Voice of S30Z

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 170,207  ·  Replies: 164 
> Car Rankings for Version 1-The Arcade, See where each car ranks
Turbo 85
  Posted: Jan 27 2013, 05:28 PM

Caucasian Usui God

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,131

Hey guys, i've been working on updating my ID3 website with new world/model records that are on youtube and other places. I've tried to find most of them, but i'm positive i've missed a lot of them.

That's why im asking for your guys' help in finding all the records that are out and posting them here in this thread. I can then update my site with the times. It would be great to have a complete list of all the current records for ID3.

If you can find a record that is not currently listed on the http://idrankings.dyndns.org/version3 please list it here with the time, model, course, and link to where you found it (youtube, link to a picture, etc).

Thanks guys!
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 02:37 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

This is unrelated to your request Turbo, but I was wondering about the Wet records for your D7 rankings. I'm guessing the site that you link your data too have not post the wet records yet?
Shana-chan
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 04:21 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,804

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 42 minutes ago)
This is unrelated to your request Turbo, but I was wondering about the Wet records for your D7 rankings. I'm guessing the site that you link your data too have not post the wet records yet?

wait, D7 got wet TA ranking?
i thought it was ALL DRY ONLY?
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 04:57 PM

Nagao Fanboy

oooooooo.I NEVER NOTICED THAT!!!!!! O_O

That's.......a weird decision to have in an IDAS game. I know Wet is less popular but............
ishida
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 05:55 PM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 57 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
oooooooo.I NEVER NOTICED THAT!!!!!! O_O

That's.......a weird decision to have in an IDAS game. I know Wet is less popular but............

Yea, wet is gone, it's all gone... Might be because of having too much courses, too much game modes and too much game rankings that they decided to discard wet from T.A rankings..it's still playable in battles though...lol
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 07:14 PM

Nagao Fanboy

This is a weird question coming from someone who spent a few weeks playing it, but is it still playable in TA? I play Dry, so I just like spam the Start Button after I click the course. I hardly go for any of the "Hillclimb" courses anyways.

Still damn weird decision though.....
Cherrylyne
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 08:35 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 39,821

There is no option for Wet weather in TA, but there is Wet conditions in several instances of LotS and for PVP modes, whether in-store or online. Think of it as a challenge because nobody can practice Wet conditions in TA before PVP races. happy.gif (unless, of course, some people are so rich as to spam in-store PVP)

BTW Turbo the Wangan 4 link is down. I know this is an IDAS board but just thought it would be weird to have a broken link.

This post has been edited by Cherrylyne on Jan 28 2013, 08:57 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 09:20 PM

Nagao Fanboy

I don't think it would make it a challenge for those who are aiming to be good at it, since they can always practice in battle. 80% of what I honed in this game came through battles, since I'm too cheap to play too many TAs without the possible reward of free continues (I played at MV mostly when I was active, yeah). I do think it would help make Wet more of a niche than it already is.

In any case, it doesn't bother me too much since I hardly play Wet anyways but I can't help be fathom by the logic of the decision. I can understand no rankings to save space, but no option in TA felt too far. The mystery of the decision weighs on me more than the actual decision itself. I mean, it would be felt by those who love to practice wet just for some variety.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 28 2013, 09:24 PM
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 09:24 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

I always thought Wet in D7 is just Dry but your overrev speed is lower. Lol. I don't really see much of a handling difference between both of them.
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 28 2013, 09:32 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Well, if the feeling is very similar I guess that negates the incentives a bit. I never played too much Wet to know.

Sometimes I wish they made more variations in wet. Maybe make it more slippery or something. I always felt a bit of that in Street Stage/D3.
Turbo 85
  Posted: Jan 28 2013, 09:53 PM

Caucasian Usui God

QUOTE (Cherrylyne @ 1 hour, 18 minutes ago)
There is no option for Wet weather in TA, but there is Wet conditions in several instances of LotS and for PVP modes, whether in-store or online. Think of it as a challenge because nobody can practice Wet conditions in TA before PVP races. happy.gif (unless, of course, some people are so rich as to spam in-store PVP)

BTW Turbo the Wangan 4 link is down. I know this is an IDAS board but just thought it would be weird to have a broken link.

thanks for letting me know happy.gif . Its back up now cool.gif
jon360x
Posted: Jan 29 2013, 08:19 PM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Member No.: 37,105

QUOTE (Phoenix_Cypher_K1 @ Yesterday, 1:24 PM)
I always thought Wet in D7 is just Dry but your overrev speed is lower. Lol. I don't really see much of a handling difference between both of them.

Hmmm I played wet alot in battles and I can only say the only difference between wet and dry is wet (obviously) is more slippery which causes speed loss when wheel locking (not much around 1-2km) and as you mentioned lower rev limit lol
dwhw85
Posted: Jan 30 2013, 02:56 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,422

hi all,

s15 vs fc3s...overall which is better?
jon360x
Posted: Jan 30 2013, 04:43 PM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

QUOTE (dwhw85 @ Yesterday, 6:56 PM)
hi all,

s15 vs fc3s...overall which is better?

check the list here
http://www.rp-taki.com/project-chiba/ranki...1&t=2&game=inid

seems rx7 fc is quite far from S15 for now in D7 ranking
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 31 2013, 12:56 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Wow, some people are really pushing the 3-door Trueno at Nagao DH. It's difference with the top MRS record is less than a second now. I swear it used to be a lot higher a few weeks ago.
jon360x
Posted: Feb 4 2013, 07:53 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Just today GT86 Topped Akina DH record... is it really that good than 86 on akina? If so... will the gt86 able to perform better on other courses.... its a very big potential car... must try wwww

http://www.rp-taki.com/project-chiba/ranki...&game=inid#tab5
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Feb 4 2013, 08:28 AM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

QUOTE (jon360x @ 34 minutes, 52 seconds ago)
Just today GT86 Topped Akina DH record... is it really that good than 86 on akina? If so... will the gt86 able to perform better on other courses.... its a very big potential car... must try wwww

http://www.rp-taki.com/project-chiba/ranki...&game=inid#tab5

Actually I am planning to make GT86 as a battle car for my 5th SSS already, 6th gear car are almost in every map in this version, you'll need one in battle trust me, even Cypher thinks so. You'll realized soon enough when you face 6th gear car in battle when they choose snow against you, and if you're using a 5th gear car, be prepared to lose unless if the opponent really sucks till lose.
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Feb 4 2013, 09:53 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

6gears have an advantage in Akina because its 5th gear is faster and you can drag it further than 4th gear's max (156 vs 150 on Dry). It's even more apparent on Snow because the acceleration for the 5 speed cars are horrible once you hit 4th gear.
SonGohanX
Posted: Jun 20 2014, 08:01 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,716

Question about the ranking of cars in ID6.

From looking at this http://idrankings.dyndns.org/version6/ it appears that the top 3 (trueno,levin, na6c) are wayyy above the rest of the cars. The difference is even more pronounced when taking wet courses into account.

At first glance, it would seem that ID6 is much more unbalanced than other versions. I'm just wondering if this is noticeable from people who played ID6 regularly. Are there any major overall weaknesses to these 3 cars?

The other possibility is that some of the other cars just haven't reached their potential yet, but that seems kind of unlikely given how old the game is.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Jun 21 2014, 02:15 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (SonGohanX @ 6 hours, 14 minutes ago)
Question about the ranking of cars in ID6.

From looking at this http://idrankings.dyndns.org/version6/ it appears that the top 3 (trueno,levin, na6c) are wayyy above the rest of the cars. The difference is even more pronounced when taking wet courses into account.

At first glance, it would seem that ID6 is much more unbalanced than other versions. I'm just wondering if this is noticeable from people who played ID6 regularly. Are there any major overall weaknesses to these 3 cars?

The other possibility is that some of the other cars just haven't reached their potential yet, but that seems kind of unlikely given how old the game is.

Nope, those 3 cars don't have weaknesses. End of story here. They are just too OP.
SonGohanX
Posted: Jun 21 2014, 05:30 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,716

I figured as much. That's kind of disappointing, haha.

I'm guessing tournaments usually end up being almost all 86s then?
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Jun 21 2014, 11:32 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (SonGohanX @ 6 hours, 2 minutes ago)
I'm guessing tournaments usually end up being almost all 86s then?

You got that right, but occasionally other cars are in them too.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 24 2014, 09:18 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I'm trying to access RP-Taki to check the D8 car rankings, but the site seems to be down for me at the moment. Didn't have that issue one month plus ago.
Turbo 85
  Posted: Oct 29 2014, 09:55 PM

Caucasian Usui God

Yeah, i noticed that. Seems like it's back up now though.

On another note, I'm gonna try and get version 8 up and running for my sites soon, maybe a week or so.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 29 2014, 10:42 PM

Nagao Fanboy

^Dude, that would be great. I really love your tabulation charts.

7 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »