Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Vivi - Just For Me

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,189  ·  Replies: 38 
> Need some clarification on IDAS8 Physics
9MYS
    Posted: Oct 10 2014, 05:00 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,812

First of all, i would like to apologize if there is a similar thread, i couldnt find one.
So, i have stopped playing ID since Stage 6, Stage 8 caught my attention so i decided to try it, the problem was i found it hard to drift (i was using a stock AE86) and get the 'gold' coloured drift word, was it because it wasn't tuned or is there some special technique. All help is appreciated.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 10 2014, 06:58 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

I don't think you are supposed to get the gold drift. I mean, it doesn't give out boost like D6 I think. It wasn't exactly needed in 7 either.
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Oct 10 2014, 07:02 AM

Max Aura Racing

Member No.: 41,589

QUOTE (9MYS @ 2 hours, 1 minutes ago)
First of all, i would like to apologize if there is a similar thread, i couldnt find one.
So, i have stopped playing ID since Stage 6, Stage 8 caught my attention so i decided to try it, the problem was i found it hard to drift (i was using a stock AE86) and get the 'gold' coloured drift word, was it because it wasn't tuned or is there some special technique. All help is appreciated.

Did you step the brake or acc?
9MYS
  Posted: Oct 10 2014, 06:28 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,812

I sort of lifted the acc, then brake, then acc again like how I would do in stage 6.. derp.gif
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Oct 10 2014, 07:55 PM

Max Aura Racing

QUOTE (9MYS @ 1 hour, 26 minutes ago)
I sort of lifted the acc, then brake, then acc again like how I would do in stage 6.. derp.gif

I think what you did caused a gold drift
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 11 2014, 08:44 AM

Nagao Fanboy

^Wait, are you saying possible to get gold drift with just BC in low spec in D8? I can't seem to do it though mine's only Spec 2.

Then again, I'm pretty bad at getting gold drifts in 7 anyways.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Oct 11 2014, 08:45 AM
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Oct 11 2014, 05:00 PM

Max Aura Racing

I tried in D8, its possible ... D7 is harder.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 12 2014, 02:42 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Strangely enough, I had a dream where I did just that last night because of this conversation......weird.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 26 2014, 11:38 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Speaking of which, do we know whether gold drift gives anything out in this game?
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Oct 26 2014, 11:42 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

In battles, accumulating enough of these vs your opponent will allow you to have/gain a stronger battle boost near the end which may assist in the last minute passes, assuming your opponent did not do enough of these. The concept is similar to D7 and D6 actually.

The gold drift is useless otherwise in other modes.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 27 2014, 02:41 AM

Nagao Fanboy

^Thanks man. I heard about that in the previous two games but curious to see whether it's been discovered to also apply for player battles in this one.
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Oct 27 2014, 10:54 PM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

The idea of doing it in this version is to do it but not to leave yourself too far behind while doing so....as battle boost is weaker in this version.
SonicSP
Posted: Oct 28 2014, 12:30 AM

Nagao Fanboy

So like last time, safe to presume that hitting walls would reduce this boost at the end?
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Oct 28 2014, 02:21 AM

Max Aura Racing

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 1 hour, 50 minutes ago)
So like last time, safe to presume that hitting walls would reduce this boost at the end?

Ya... U hit the wall, GG.
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Nov 2 2014, 11:48 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 44,795

Question: How to create a gold drift in IDAS8?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 2 2014, 11:56 PM

Nagao Fanboy

I just alternate tap brake and Accel really really fast.
-=SHINN=-
Posted: Nov 3 2014, 04:36 PM

MYS Retired Perfectionist Racer

Member No.: 37,532

To initiate gold dirft, you'll have to consider a few factors.

1. The time interval between brake and accel.
2. How hard you step on the brake.
3. At which corner you perform the bc at.

With all the factors considered, one will be able to unleash a gold drift. and be reminded not all corners can unleash gold drift. and not all small corner cannot get gold drift. Once you understand this concept, unleashing blue or gold drift is as easy as pie. and of course repeatingly bcbcbcbc will also initiate a blue drift because the chances of first bc fails is actually covered up by the second, third or even fourth bc. Hence you see some people actually doing triple or quadraple bc, depending on which map and what kind of corners they are passing at that particular time

This post has been edited by -=SHINN=- on Nov 3 2014, 04:40 PM
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Nov 3 2014, 05:33 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ 56 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
To initiate gold dirft, you'll have to consider a few factors.

1. The time interval between brake and accel.
2. How hard you step on the brake.
3. At which corner you perform the bc at.

With all the factors considered, one will be able to unleash a gold drift. and be reminded not all corners can unleash gold drift. and not all small corner cannot get gold drift. Once you understand this concept, unleashing blue or gold drift is as easy as pie. and of course repeatingly bcbcbcbc will also initiate a blue drift because the chances of first bc fails is actually covered up by the second, third or even fourth bc. Hence you see some people actually doing triple or quadraple bc, depending on which map and what kind of corners they are passing at that particular time

Thx, but there is something that bothers me though. I once saw someone doing usui clockwise. He bc and initiated a blue drift, which is normal. But he just kept bccc... In the middle of the corner he just initiated a golden drift. Why is that so?

-=SHINN=-
Posted: Nov 3 2014, 06:17 PM

Depending on which mode that particular person was playing. The reason for gold drift happens is because of double to triple blue drift situation. Let's say blue drift gives you some drift angle but the angle is not wide enough for overdrift. However with 2-3 blue drift piling up, you'll get a super wide angle drift hence tends to face the wall more while dirft. There is one thing which comes at the cost of gold drift is the speed to initiate it, the higher your speed are the harder and shorter your gold drift stays, the lower your speed are the easier and longer your gold drift stays.

That said only second third fourth gear are easy to bring out gold drift. I'm not saying fifth or first gear is hard to bring out the gold drift, just... less favourable. But you don't need to bother much about gold drift, just focus on getting your TA as close as possible to the world record say 0 to 1 second away from it, unless you are in battle and you have solid TA like the world record, gold drift will come in handy once in a while depending on the situation.

With all these said, these are just basics of the game, you just have to focus on being as fast as possible on the game with just blue drift for each map. Once you have TA close enough to the world record, then only explore on gold drift in battles. If you don't have TA fast enough, with gold drift alone, it's more or less a battle without hope.

This post has been edited by -=SHINN=- on Nov 3 2014, 06:19 PM
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Nov 3 2014, 09:02 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ 2 hours, 45 minutes ago)
Depending on which mode that particular person was playing. The reason for gold drift happens is because of double to triple blue drift situation. Let's say blue drift gives you some drift angle but the angle is not wide enough for overdrift. However with 2-3 blue drift piling up, you'll get a super wide angle drift hence tends to face the wall more while dirft. There is one thing which comes at the cost of gold drift is the speed to initiate it, the higher your speed are the harder and shorter your gold drift stays, the lower your speed are the easier and longer your gold drift stays.

That said only second third fourth gear are easy to bring out gold drift. I'm not saying fifth or first gear is hard to bring out the gold drift, just... less favourable. But you don't need to bother much about gold drift, just focus on getting your TA as close as possible to the world record say 0 to 1 second away from it, unless you are in battle and you have solid TA like the world record, gold drift will come in handy once in a while depending on the situation.

With all these said, these are just basics of the game, you just have to focus on being as fast as possible on the game with just blue drift for each map. Once you have TA close enough to the world record, then only explore on gold drift in battles. If you don't have TA fast enough, with gold drift alone, it's more or less a battle without hope.

Thx alot. One more thing, is it my imagination, or the gutters in the game are more grippier than before?

-=SHINN=-
Posted: Nov 3 2014, 09:25 PM

No, it is not imagination. Everyone who are fast will definitely use it for better lining and speed.

This post has been edited by -=SHINN=- on Nov 3 2014, 09:27 PM
(Sean)Lau Yu Xuan
Posted: Nov 3 2014, 10:11 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ 45 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
No, it is not imagination. Everyone who are fast will definitely use it for better lining and speed.

Oh, ok thx for the help.

Falbere
Posted: Nov 4 2014, 03:58 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (-=SHINN=- @ 9 hours, 40 minutes ago)

After reading this, I suddenly understood why i gold drift so easily...

Because I am slow...
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 4 2014, 04:57 AM

Nagao Fanboy

^console.gif

I'm slow and I can't good drift anywhere except Usui......

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Nov 4 2014, 04:58 AM
ExPreSS518LoVuR
Posted: Nov 4 2014, 05:40 AM

Max Aura Racing

All i did for usui was to turn more angle and BC to commit gold drift

2 Pages  1 2