Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost) 芹澤優 - JUNGLE FIRE feat. MOTSU

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,268  ·  Replies: 7 
> Tomino teaming up with Legacy studios for a movie.
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jan 15 2014, 10:41 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

Mobile Suit Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino will announce his first film project on Jan. 21 in a press conference. Working with Hollywood special effects studio Legacy Effects, Tomino plans to make "movies based on Japanese manga and animation from Hollywood to the world."

I remember hearing about the G-Reko project a while back. It's good to see they're finally making some progress. Part of me has high hopes for whatever this is going to be, and part of me is skeptical. Most anime live action movies tend to suck. Besides the Rurouni Kenshin live action film. This partnership at least guarantees it will be better than G-Saviour.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jan 15 2014, 10:42 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 15 2014, 10:54 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

G-Saviour was a fun movie. It wasn't super great, sure, but it was easily a fun B-grade robot film like Robot Wars or Robot Jox. I find that people hate it because it retcons Gaia Gear and people apparently love Gaia Gear.

Interesting news.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jan 17 2014, 12:06 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Despite the acting, I didn't mind it either. I just hope this new project doesn't end up like Dragonball Evolution or The Legend of the Chun Li.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 18 2014, 11:21 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

It'll be interesting to see what the film will be about, whether it'll be Gundam or something completely separate. Personally I would love for it to be an announcement that 0079 Gundam is being adapted as a live action movie to celebrate the 35th anniversary (G Saviour was released to coincide with Gundam's 20th anniversary), but I doubt it sad.gif.
Phantom_R32
  Posted: Jan 27 2014, 11:22 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Here's a little follow up article:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-...-legacy-effects

Doesn't say too much though. Hopefully more info will be released by next year.
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 20 2014, 12:55 AM

Was there any further details released about this collaboration? I know about an hour ago Bandai announced Tomino's animated project Gundam Reconguista in G was unveiled.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 20 2014, 02:14 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 1 hour, 18 minutes ago)
Was there any further details released about this collaboration? I know about an hour ago Bandai announced Tomino's animated project Gundam Reconguista in G was unveiled.

>announced was unveiled
Heh. No, no further news.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 20 2014, 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 6:14 AM)
>announced was unveiled
Heh. No, no further news.

Ha, my bad on the grammar there.

It's disappointing that there's still no new stuff about this collaboration. sad.gif