Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing WATARU II

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,604  ·  Replies: 5 
> Does simulating real racing slow AS7-8 down?, in my opinion
Eternal Firebird
  Posted: Nov 29 2016, 05:40 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,345

In my opinion, simulating real racing in Arcade Stage 7-8 kind slows the game down, if you seen the old games ID 1-6, it was fast-paced sorta but didn't simulate real racing, now look at 7 and 8, its kinda fast paced but it has that real racing simulation, example were the NPC races, from some gameplay I've seen the race goes fast paced but then when a corner comes, you have to slow down, and drift. but in some gameplay , after drifting a corner the NPC in the front drive slow for a brief time then immediately goes into fast paced again.

Here's some vids, also apologies for the quality of some of these vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDnKdkReYp0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mguf_DJ32Ks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGOzKEb7NYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zFMqnzJAX4

This is my opinion on the real racing simulation stuff on Arcade Stage 7-8, I'll admit I haven't played them myself, but since I'm going to LA with family soon and Round 1 is over there, I'll give AS8 a try to see if the simulation stuff is not bad. But hey its just an opinion.
DK_Brawler
Posted: Nov 29 2016, 07:10 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

It's actually a lot faster than it looks in videos, fast corners like on Myogi only slow down like 2 or 3 km/h. If you liked ver 3, 8 is definitely a cool sequel. Also you need full spec to experience the game.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by DK_Brawler on Nov 29 2016, 08:53 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 01:03 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

One thing to keep in mind with D7/D8 is that the physics systems change a lot based on your car turning. D7's physics greatly change when you hit Spec 5 while D8's real physics only reveal themselves at Full Spec/Ex Spec. This is in contrast to older games where the physics systems did not alter as much and thus doesn't require anywhere near as much adjustment in play style.

I will agree that Pre-Full Spec D8 actually does feel a lot like a simulation racer because of the massive auto drop in speed just by turning the wheel however that goes out the window when you reach Full Spec. So when you drop by your D8 arcade to play later, it will definitely feel like a sim racer unless you use a Full Spec/ExSpec card, due to the lower tuning.

After reaching Full Spec, D8 is one of the fastest IDAS game out there if not the fastest. How one would play a Spec 1-4 car and how one would play a Full Spec car is completely different for D8 (and D7). While the NPCs will it play like a simulation race, most mid to high level players will drift a lot of the corners in a PvP race.

D8 Iro is one of the few exception you actually have to do a hard brakes there during the extreme corners. I agree that this one is a little bit more like a sim even at Full Spec, which is why I love playing Iro.

Personally I think the closest IDAS game to a sim racer would be D5 because of the pace management system.

Anyways this is a pretty interesting discussion topic. Certainly nice to have something to discuss around here.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Nov 30 2016, 01:07 AM
holnivek
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 04:02 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 46,366

There are 2 things I disagree with you about. First, ID8 isn't slow at all. Like Sonic said, it's one of the fastest, if not the fastest, Arcade Stage games out there. The videos you showed weren't great examples, because the car wasn't fully tuned (first video), or the player wasn't very good (second/third video), or the player was slowing down intentionally to achieve a side quest (fourth video). Watch these for better examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDgwV_KaGOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-SXVO5igBA

Secondly, I don't think IDAS has always been about simulating real racing. AFAIK real drifting techniques are different from the drifting techniques you employ in the game (like Eraser or Brake Cancel). If you want to play a drifting racing game that closely mimics real life physics, try Dirt Rally or Assetto Corsa.

This post has been edited by holnivek on Nov 30 2016, 04:03 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 08:43 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

My god, these pros are on another level entirely. They make it look so easy when it's so bloody difficult. Minimal actions used, but each executed to near perfection on timing.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Dec 1 2016, 08:43 AM
DxY2Gab
Posted: Dec 6 2016, 01:21 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 38,724

Well, I miss D6AA...thats the only stage that u can make perfect fast drift in every corners...

This post has been edited by DxY2Gab on Dec 6 2016, 01:22 AM