Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Wild Reputation 2005

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 61,930  ·  Replies: 136 
> Drift Techniques
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Feb 10 2004, 04:12 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,237

Yeah? Well go steal some trays from McDonalds, slap them under your rear wheels, lock the e-brake and have fun!!! Better in the rain but just as fun in the dry!!!
Sobær
Posted: Feb 10 2004, 12:26 PM

x.a Sobær Design.x

Member No.: 1,241

::Dies laughing.:: That has got to be the funniest thing Ive heard all day..
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
[ Mizerok ]
Posted: Feb 11 2004, 08:19 AM

I Fabrikat w3rDs!!!

Member No.: 1,237

Hey, it works... and it's hella cheap on tires. There are actually fast food places around here watching for people to walk out with trays now!!! hahaha
t0k3r
Posted: Oct 12 2004, 08:25 AM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,357

you can also do it with cardboard, works well ,also but ive never tried it with food trys haha gotta try it sometime.
dc2_l2icer
Posted: Dec 1 2004, 01:07 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 1,440

Kansei Drift

1. Enter a turn at high speed. The Kansei Drift should be performed at race speeds. (if you do not drift, your vehicle should experience severe understeer at this speed).

2. Turn your wheels sharply into the turn, and let off the throttle quickly. The cornering force of the vehicle combined with the loss of throttle will cause your vehicle to oversteer.

3. When your vehicle begins to lose traction, get on the throttle again quickly. This will overpower the wheels for the traction that is available, sending your vehicle into a drift.

4. When you feel the vehicle’s rear end kicking out, immediately countersteer the wheels to face straight with the road. Your vehicle will pull in the direction of the front wheels, as long as the wheels are still moving. Keep on the throttle. If you press the brakes or let off the throttle because your vehicle is in an extremely oversteered condition, you will spin out or leave the road.

5. When you wish to straighten out your car, after completing the drift, let off the throttle smoothly and straighten out the wheels as your vehicle kicks in line behind the front tires.

thats how ya do a kansei drift ppl. have fun =D
idrive85
Posted: Jan 8 2005, 12:48 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 4,932

here u go
some techniques
tech
FreakyLilAzn
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 06:20 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 5,435

yup, www.driftsession.com is pretty goot
Oro?!
Posted: Feb 24 2005, 03:35 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 5,329

when you ebrake do you do it when you let off the throttle or while havin the throttle on?
dmhc69
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 10:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 5,199

QUOTE (Right Hand Man @ Feb 10 2004, 10:12 PM)
Yeah? Well go steal some trays from McDonalds, slap them under your rear wheels, lock the e-brake and have fun!!! Better in the rain but just as fun in the dry!!!

i saw a video on this not too long ago... best idea ive seen with a car in a long time grin2.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
djdorifto
Posted: Feb 28 2005, 01:06 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 5,506

QUOTE (Oro?! @ Feb 24 2005, 03:35 PM)
when you ebrake do you do it when you let off the throttle or while havin the throttle on?

Throttle Off
lotteman
Posted: Aug 10 2005, 09:58 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 9,895

hmm i saw this somewhere i for got butt whats a choku dori? is that just kinda like a feint or when you slide one way then you get the car to slide the other way?
Rose Gold
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 12:38 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 11,151

I would never go to a drift school.. learn that shit on my own
Cubits
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 05:23 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 148

For a nice entry drift i like to come off the brakes sharply after turning in. This works much more effectively than a throttle-lift, and sets the car up easily.

I hate the japanese handbrake-heavy style of drifting. It isn't very elegant or very useful. The braking drift technique is an exaggerated application of a racing technique called trail braking, and is very smooth.

BTW, this can be accomplished in just about any car, even a stock volvo 240.

Handbrake = devil
keenfei
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 08:34 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 12,488

I am driving a Corolla '96 AT (non-modded) and have been trying to drift the car.

Is it possible for Auto Trans cars to drift similar like MT cars?

One rainy night, i sort of drift the car for a moment.. and did not countersteer the front wheels to face the road.... the car was understeered and oversteered as i tried to balance the car at the very last minute.. pressing the throttle worsen it as well.

Was it because my timing of countersteer is not rite? Does a lower gear helps to countersteer the wheels? What is the proper way to drift a car like mine?

Appreciate reply.

Newbie.
Cubits
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 09:16 PM

IDW Prime Member

AT cars have a harder time because the gearbox usually changes ratios as you spin the rear wheels, which can make it very unpredictable.

Also, i didn't know a 96 corolla was rwd... They must be totally different to any toyota we got here at that time.
sideways
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 09:19 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Slamming the gas on a ff will just make u understeer more as your trying to slide her around. As for the auto/manual, in an FF i dont think itll matter much since youre limited mostly to pulling the handbrake, but either way it wouldnt matter, its possible to drift an auto, just not AS well usually because of how they work.

As to how to drift it, just keep practicing. Work with the timing of the hand brake and the steering.
Cubits
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 11:12 PM

IDW Prime Member

As for sliding an FF (which we have now established it is), you're auto-box will be next to useless.

Most of the FF's control in a slide comes from the throttle. When you lift off the throttle in an AT car, the torque-converter allows the engine to "coast", giving you no engine braking!

So with lift oversteer, or any form of tightening the line by lifting the throttle will be totally abolished in an auto, unless you force it into a gear.

Not to mention that a 96 corolla has extremely "safe" handling. Even the manual couldn't muster any balance.

I guess you're doomed to handbrake slides.
keenfei
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 01:14 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 12,488

Thanks guys.

I normally force gear upon fast corner and do succeed in petty skid or sometimes drift (maybe not afterall). Handbrakes are not used.

Hey, I am not doomed to handbrakes slides. Maybe it is time to change the car.. haha.

Anyway, appreciate it guys - cubit / sidewaysgts.
Buddyworm
Posted: Oct 3 2005, 07:53 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 9,498

QUOTE (Cubits @ Sep 18 2005, 05:23 AM)
For a nice entry drift i like to come off the brakes sharply after turning in. This works much more effectively than a throttle-lift, and sets the car up easily.

I'm just curious, at what kind of locations do you practice this?

B-Wurm biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Buddyworm on Oct 3 2005, 07:54 PM
Cubits
Posted: Oct 3 2005, 10:37 PM

IDW Prime Member

I do hillclimbs on 3m wide tarmac. You need to have the car sideways in certain conditions (like over a crest with a turn at the top). wink2.gif

Also mucking around at the local track, when the circuit is clear of other cars etc.

I've also been known to do it on desolate public roads, but umm.. shhhh! whistling.gif

At big track speeds (100mph+), you can just lift off the throttle to start a slide. Easy peasy.
564x2
Posted: Dec 18 2005, 10:18 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 14,899

that linkie no worky

theres a school in arizona run by this old dude bob (i cant spell his last name) bodurant?

he comes up here where i work every year for an exhibition type thing...
Larmo
Posted: Jun 26 2006, 08:54 AM

life is great, till someone kills it

Member No.: 17,163

i need some help, can someone tell me on how to do 5 in 4 out???????
Zeroone_10
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 03:30 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 23,473

QUOTE (dc2_l2icer @ Dec 1 2004, 01:07 PM)
Kansei Drift

1. Enter a turn at high speed. The Kansei Drift should be performed at race speeds. (if you do not drift, your vehicle should experience severe understeer at this speed).

2. Turn your wheels sharply into the turn, and let off the throttle quickly. The cornering force of the vehicle combined with the loss of throttle will cause your vehicle to oversteer.

3. When your vehicle begins to lose traction, get on the throttle again quickly. This will overpower the wheels for the traction that is available, sending your vehicle into a drift.

4. When you feel the vehicle’s rear end kicking out, immediately countersteer the wheels to face straight with the road. Your vehicle will pull in the direction of the front wheels, as long as the wheels are still moving. Keep on the throttle. If you press the brakes or let off the throttle because your vehicle is in an extremely oversteered condition, you will spin out or leave the road.

5. When you wish to straighten out your car, after completing the drift, let off the throttle smoothly and straighten out the wheels as your vehicle kicks in line behind the front tires.

thats how ya do a kansei drift ppl. have fun =D

Actually....i hadn't tried this before.

But....
I used nissan terano to drift...
An the result was...
Nissan terrano couldn't drift cause this type is jeep
DAT!!CAPPUCCINO
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 06:46 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 23,900

SHIFT LOCK FTW!!!!
w00t2.gif

Cool links. I would also recommend picking up a copy of the Drift Bible.

This post has been edited by DAT!!CAPPUCCINO on Apr 10 2007, 07:19 AM
pwincezs
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 05:25 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 23,985

Drifting is just too hard to learn.
I like to watch it but.
But then I havent seen anyone drift on the roads, just
on tv =/

This post has been edited by pwincezs on Apr 14 2007, 05:59 PM

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6