Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Leslie Parrish - KILLING MY LOVE

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

29 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 76,089  ·  Replies: 716 
> My 1990 240sx project..., pray for me...seriously
cpt jack
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 11:07 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,090

QUOTE (Junon @ Today at 10:08 PM)
Back up your nonsensical statements.  Because it's obvious you don't have any real experience with 240's, KA's, and RB's. 

I find it hard to believe you're a "mulit state champ with automotive exclence" when you can't even spell excellence nor multi.  Not to mention a number of other grammatical/spelling errors in your random posts of gibberish.

In regards to the "don't buy a 240 unless you have money statement".  Your logic never ceases to amaze me.  The 240 is one of the cheapest cars to build.  Parts are readily available, and cheap on top of that.  Why do you think it's the "new civic"?

To the original poster, check out this thread: https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=30378

I just posted some basic info on the KA builds.  I'd recommend starting off with that.  Please take it from someone with experience, the KA is a great engine.  Just because it's "not JDM", doesn't mean it's crap. 

And cpt jack, before you ask.  Yes I've owned a 240.  I've owned 2: a 1991 with a KA that I did minor all motor mods, then a 1990 coupe which I swapped an SR.  I also helped a buddy of mine with his rb25det powered 1998 240sx. 

In addition to that, I've owned an evo, and currently an FD.  So don't bother questioning my experience.

hahahah im not the best speller as u can tell i do have credits my friend backalley and volt know me quite well... i got 13k in scolorships and what not... so i do not have to prove shit... and i have owned a 1990 240sx.... the motor is quite simple no real tricks needed and u own and FD? and an EVO? how old are you? and just because you own the cars does not mean you know what you are talking about.... so congrats on proving nothing grin2.gif yeeeeaa to you! I know what i am talkin about so unless you have something to add to what i wrote i really dont give a shit about u or who you are... just tryin to help this kid get his ka diagnosed and maybe he can fix it if its not to far gone.... w00t2.gif sound like a plan? ok then....

and ps... the ka is a jdm motor yo! came in trucks =)

This post has been edited by cpt jack on Jul 17 2007, 11:11 PM
Junon
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 11:16 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 15,554

I'm 22. I sold the evo to buy the FD.

Actually, I added the cars I've owned because it appears you ask anyone who questions your judgment. I was retorting to the fact that you think the Ka motor is crap, and I asked for reasons why you say that. You can't provide any evidence, so I'm basically saying your an idiot, and not to spread bad info when you don't know what you're talking about. Refer to your own sig, fan-boy.

and FYI: the KA is an American motor. Only the US/Canada TRUCKS got it.

This post has been edited by Junon on Jul 17 2007, 11:19 PM
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 18 2007, 12:17 AM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,512

id like it if u would please stop calling me Kid dry.gif

im 21 Y/o...far from being a mere child rolleyes.gif

just wanted to say that

and guys why feud jeenkies...its the internet, please lets put our cyber cocks back in the cages aite...

ill respect both opinions if we act like adults...otherwise please refrain from posting in this thread if this E-penis bull is going to continue ermm2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 22 2007, 12:04 AM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Update...

thing was blown...or getting there...i was only firing on 2 from wut im told...

options

repair damaged KA for a bill or less...mechanic is a homie

buy a DOHC KA from a 95 240 for 3 bills...no tranny no ecu no harness...with z32 injectors and z32 MAF...new water and oil pump...downside....150 on motor...and i would have to wire up my SOHC harness for it to save cost...

wait another couple of weeks and get my friends 80K DOHC KA and tranny for free with ecu and Harness

problems with that is i dunno how long itll take for him to get his SR...and im suppose to start training for a job next week meaning i need wheels

as of now iv been driving my relatives cars who havent been here for the last week due to vacation lol
minivan FTW happy.gif
V0|t
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 07:33 PM

Akagi's White Comet

Member No.: 877

I know the feeling of having ot drive family wheels, I had to drive a 98 Yukon with Mud tires. But honestly I think you should just get it rebulit for the cheapness since your low on dough, and down the road do what you need to do. I mean honestly I'm in nearly the same spot, but My car isnt dead/dying, Just costing Me a arm and a leg. you need to get done what you need, so go with the 150 rebulid and call it for it now till you got the money for something thats going to be relilable. I mean honestly you dont want to be stuck with a good job ( i'm guessing? ) and no wheels. and pedalling it sucks or hoofing it. Do what you can. and good luck

and Junon.. Stfu o_o IMHo nissan is teh suxor, its all bout Datsun happy.gif and Mazda o_0

Sensation!
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 08:34 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (DALAZ_68 @ Jul 22 2007, 01:04 AM)
wait another couple of weeks and get my friends 80K DOHC KA and tranny for free with ecu and Harness

dude nothing beats things that are free wink2.gif
V0|t
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 09:01 PM

Akagi's White Comet

True I completely Agree, But as he said, He has to have wheels asap for a job and He doesnt know when He is going ot be be able to get the engine so yea better to be safe then sorry
wangan_sti
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 09:08 PM

GodHand of Wangan

Member No.: 25,056

QUOTE (NSX @ Today at 8:34 PM)
dude nothing beats things that are free wink2.gif

Then again they might be ripoff laugh.gif
Sensation!
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 09:13 PM

Group Icon

dude, free things cant be ripoffs, they're FREE grin2.gif

though they CAN (CAN!) be a pain in the ass tongue.gif
V0|t
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 09:23 PM

Akagi's White Comet

He says its a friend so more in likely it isnt, but still He says He doesnt know when His friends Sr is coming in so He cant get it. Might as well just spend the 150 and get it over with in the next two days and drop it in and bevery careful with it. baby it till you have the other motor and then BEAT THE f**k OUT OF IT WEEEEEE!!!!
Shirogane
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 09:40 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

QUOTE (cpt jack @ Jul 16 2007, 11:50 PM)
wana be know it all? Im a mulit state champ with automotive exclence... Weber state and CCSN state finalest and Skills 2nd place holder for state.. so i know my shit people that know me know my skills so watch who your taking to.. the ka is crap i use to own a 240 before i understood that there are REAL SPORTS CARS like tha zed and what not... the ka is good for a paper weight and for spining bearings and frying rings.... its just a bad motor.... im sorry to be so blunt it just sux... unless u spend an arm in a leg building a pos motor... when you could just be like everyone else and put an sr.... or be smart and do rb20... rev happy and bullet proof.... think about it....

Please refrain from flaming.

Anyways. I used to have a 240SX back then, good car. happy.gif

Just sucks it isn't long lasting though. sad.gif

This post has been edited by JZX100 on Jul 27 2007, 09:41 PM
Kerxn
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 09:43 PM

now clean your screen

Member No.: 3,880

QUOTE (JZX100 @ Today at 12:40 AM)
Please refrain from flaming.

Anyways. I used to have a 240SX back then, good car. happy.gif

Just sucks it isn't long lasting though. sad.gif

It wasn't a flame. Flaming is directed towards other people. Please refrain from trying to be superior to other members.

Anyways, ask your homie the ETA for the SR20, and if you can wait, wait it out. If you can't then I'd get the 150 engine.
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 28 2007, 10:35 AM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (Kerxn @ Yesterday at 9:43 PM)

Anyways, ask your homie the ETA for the SR20, and if you can wait, wait it out. If you can't then I'd get the 150 engine.

well i talked to him yesterday and hes still waiting...simply put it doesnt matter wut happens now...its to late...iv been hired on at a job starting monday...i ddint get notice till today...weak...car is still dead...weak

i guess i have to stick with family wheels for now...

ill keep u guys updated happy.gif
V0|t
Posted: Jul 28 2007, 03:33 PM

Akagi's White Comet

..well.. you can stick it with family wheels and chuck it to a F&F lover and build on something.. I dunno different o_o....
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 28 2007, 05:36 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

why am i gonna chuck it for...ill probly get less then wut i got it for...and only be able ot get somehting worse to have the same thing happen again...nothanks... i dunn wanna take that kinda risk...
Sensation!
Posted: Jul 28 2007, 07:27 PM

Group Icon

pfft you can give it to me if it gives you anymore trouble whistling.gif
im a collector of junky 240s

This post has been edited by NSX on Jul 28 2007, 08:39 PM
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 29 2007, 12:11 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (NSX @ Yesterday at 7:27 PM)
pfft you can give it to me if it gives you anymore trouble whistling.gif
im a collector of junky 240s

no prob lol happy.gif

if i have enough by october i might just pick up a mugen SI shifty2.gif

if not... the project shall continue

This post has been edited by DALAZ_68 on Jul 29 2007, 12:11 PM
V0|t
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 05:46 PM

Akagi's White Comet

umm.. bulid a credit score? get a Personal loan or go get a uber loan and go get a Mugen Si ( it doesnt look all that fancy honestly IMHO ) or something I mean thats what I did. I pulled a Personal loan for My rx-7, got stupid and sold it and pulled a True Loan for 15k and bought a Hyundai Accent Hatch ( nice car imho ) I mean if your good and can make even with it and get something.. I dont know not of a civic status?
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 30 2007, 11:14 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

well im bulding my credit first...i just wanna see the diff between me going in it solo and or co signer

but thats not even a main focus... happy.gif

update

found a DOHC from a 96...dropping off tomorrow...only needs a valve cover... rolleyes.gif

aite well i got the engine today

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

for 3 bills it wasnt half bad

especially after seeing a small surprise
user posted image

so far...pulled SOHC wireharness and ECU...took about an 3 hours or so...simp[ly becuase i kept retracing steps making sure i didnt leave anything hooked up and trying to manuver things around...still probly took to long but hey its my first swap pinch2.gif

my main concern is how and i going to run my power steering pump...because on the SOHC its on the upper front right, while the dual is on the mid left...iv given up on the a/c...but i atleast wanna run P/S...

any one any suggestion...

This post has been edited by DALAZ_68 on Aug 1 2007, 08:03 PM
Dat Chau
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 10:19 PM

Can you believe the idiots I deal with?

Member No.: 6,608

QUOTE (DALAZ_68 @ Jul 31 2007, 03:14 AM)
my main concern is how and i going to run my power steering pump...because on the SOHC its on the upper front right, while the dual is on the mid left...iv given up on the a/c...but i atleast wanna run P/S...

any one any suggestion...

Come on, nothing like a little man power can steer it for now. Not to mention a little more horsepower laugh.gif .

This post has been edited by Dat Chau on Aug 1 2007, 10:20 PM
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Aug 1 2007, 10:53 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

its wouldnt be a problem if i was the only one driving it...but my father drives it sometimes instead of his truck

hes got arthritis at the wrists

so he really cant handle it sad.gif
Sensation!
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 11:44 PM

Group Icon

oh you lucky b*tch pinch2.gif grin2.gif
so i guess that leaves me as the only member on IDWF with a malfunctioning 240 :|

if you got a 96 KA, find a old DOHC 240sx (s14 obviously, but im sure the DOHC s13 would work too, im not sure) and scrap the pump from one of those.

a little custom fabrication to bolt it on doesnt hurt either wink2.gif

EDIT: how much did you pay for the z32 calipers?
EDIT AGAIN: o wait, you didnt get them huh? well im gonna camp outside the junkyard until a Z32 comes by

This post has been edited by NSX on Aug 1 2007, 11:52 PM
evo4life
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 06:56 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 5,876

You can relocate the P/S, check other forums for How-to's.

If its a 96, are you keeping it as OBDII for emissions?

Nice find smile.gif
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Aug 2 2007, 09:01 AM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (evo4life @ Today at 6:56 AM)
You can relocate the P/S, check other forums for How-to's.

If its a 96, are you keeping it as OBDII for emissions?

Nice find smile.gif

nah emissions isnt somethins i care about...though i did just find out out i need a bunch of shit from a DOHC s13 to make this work...distributor...tach...wireharness

the thing though is this engine has 350 injectors,and the ecu has been flashed for it...so i cant change ecu...maybe just the harness??? any idea

iv checked nico and no one answers questions there

evo4life
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 10:04 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 5,876

Why the hell would someone putbigger injectors on an NA setup? I don't think the gains would be worth it unless the motor was turboed.

29 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »