Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - soukyuu no flight

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,246  ·  Replies: 15 
> Initial D and eurobeat, how exactly did the animation team get the eurobeat?
TrainEngie
  Posted: Sep 15 2015, 08:28 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,749

I was curious, how did the animation team responsible for Initial D obtain permissions for the eurobeat?
The Sixth Element
Posted: Sep 15 2015, 09:21 PM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

The creator of Initial D or the producers liked the eurobeat tracks in the mid 90s. When they decided to have some music playing in the crucial parts of the episodes, they wanted eurobeat to play, so they asked Avex Traxx (Still exists today somehow) to gain permission to play their songs in the show. Turns out that Eurobeat and Illegal mountain pass racing goes well together. (This is hopefully true since I did watch the Behind the Scenes movie when 4th stage came out and I think they mentioned it in the movie/Documentary. I might be right or wrong but this is what I remember)
xiao
  Posted: Sep 16 2015, 07:57 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ Yesterday, 11:21 PM)
I did watch the Behind the Scenes movie when 4th stage came out and I think they mentioned it in the movie/Documentary.

Was this behind the scenes/documentary on the Funi dub?...

...just saw the Cappo episode dubbed on YT... holy shite! The dub is amazing... and Takumi's VA is f$cking good as f$ck!! Gonna go see where I can find the BD's! ohmy.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
The Sixth Element
Posted: Sep 17 2015, 06:51 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Yesterday, 7:57 AM)
Was this behind the scenes/documentary on the Funi dub?...

...just saw the Cappo episode dubbed on YT... holy shite! The dub is amazing... and Takumi's VA is f$cking good as f$ck!! Gonna go see where I can find the BD's! ohmy.gif

As I said, I don't remember well since I saw the Documentary about 5 years ago and don't retain good memory about it but there was a good amount of Exposition they talked about for Stage 1-3 before the beginning of Stage 4 and Project D. Also link me that Cappo EP because I never saw that before.
xiao
Posted: Sep 18 2015, 01:12 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ 6 hours, 20 minutes ago)
Also link me that Cappo EP because I never saw that before.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKuaBCXko-4 )

I love how freely they sprinkle colourful adjectives every now and then. laugh.gif
The Sixth Element
Posted: Sep 18 2015, 08:40 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Today, 1:12 AM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKuaBCXko-4

I love how freely they sprinkle colourful adjectives every now and then. laugh.gif

OMG!!! I realized that I watched it and laughed SO MUCH on how Takumi and Sakamoto just trash talking each other during the race. That race basically how I drive in LA so I don't kill myself by dumb drivers. laugh2.gif
xiao
  Posted: Sep 19 2015, 02:08 AM

moon bunny

...to compensate for lack of understeer by digging into the oversteer at the start of each corner, like the badass you are! That's how it's done, 4 wheel drift baby... rally style!!

It's like a Car and Driver review had a baby with a volume of Sin City... hahaha, I'm loving it mang. Can't wait for Funi to put out 5th and Final on BD! biggrin.gif
GoP-Demon
Posted: Sep 19 2015, 06:35 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 43,878

heh thats funny. It`s sped up? Also very not hd.
xiao
Posted: Sep 19 2015, 06:51 AM

moon bunny

Yep, the Eurobeat sounds like chipmunks... XD

Also, Joel McDonald's Tak has way hella more personality than ol~Miki-Shin's vegetable voice. laugh.gif

...don't crucify me!!
The Sixth Element
Posted: Sep 19 2015, 11:26 AM

matter intangible

QUOTE (xiao_la @ 9 hours, 17 minutes ago)
...to compensate for lack of understeer by digging into the oversteer at the start of each corner, like the badass you are! That's how it's done, 4 wheel drift baby... rally style!!

It's like a Car and Driver review had a baby with a volume of Sin City... hahaha, I'm loving it mang. Can't wait for Funi to put out 5th and Final on BD! biggrin.gif

Funimation is not gonna make the Dub since no one is interested in Initial D, but the Funi dubs did a somewhat decent and dumb sometimes.
xiao
Posted: Sep 19 2015, 12:21 PM

moon bunny

Yeah... maybe that'll all change if some super popular anime podcast makes an episode reviewing... oh I don't know, 4th Stage, next month or so? whistling.gif

Also, would've been pretty funny/interesting if Takumi's role had originally been given to Masako Nozawa instead of Miki~Shin... awesome.gif
The Sixth Element
Posted: Sep 19 2015, 07:17 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (xiao_la @ 6 hours, 56 minutes ago)
Yeah... maybe that'll all change if some super popular anime podcast makes an episode reviewing... oh I don't know, 4th Stage, next month or so? whistling.gif

Also, would've been pretty funny/interesting if Takumi's role had originally been given to Masako Nozawa instead of Miki~Shin... awesome.gif

Miki-Shin did a good job but im curious if Masako Nozawa did Takumi's role
xiao
Posted: Sep 19 2015, 08:29 PM

moon bunny

lol, Nozawa used to work with Miki's agency, 81 Produce. She's done tons of male roles, most notably DBZ's Goku. Just sayin' it would've been funny to hear her say some misc Takumi phrase in her Saiyan voice...

~betsuniiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhrrrrggggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

XD
The Sixth Element
Posted: Sep 20 2015, 02:41 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Yesterday, 8:29 PM)
lol, Nozawa used to work with Miki's agency, 81 Produce. She's done tons of male roles, most notably DBZ's Goku. Just sayin' it would've been funny to hear her say some misc Takumi phrase in her Saiyan voice...

~betsuniiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhrrrrggggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

XD

I just noticed a while back that Ryosuke's VA is the VA for Dio in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and by evaluating both characters, they are the polar opposite in attitude and style and their VA is very diverse. I would like to see Dio in Initial D and see what will turn out. laugh2.gif
xiao
Posted: Sep 20 2015, 03:47 PM

moon bunny

lol! Koyasu's also Kenshiro's voice actor in the new... Fist of the North Star. XD Meaning, all those Bruce Lee 'yah-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-wuah-cha!' sounds Kenshiro makes, were done by Takahashi Ryosuke! laugh.gif

Koyasu, Miki, Tomokatz... they're all home boys, from back in the Weiss Kreuz days. lol BL. XP
GoP-Demon
Posted: Sep 20 2015, 04:01 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 43,878

The only guy I recognized was the gas station boss was the same voice as the dad from Shin Chan