Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 11 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Top-Flight Mechanics

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,179  ·  Replies: 82 
> best reason to not remove air condition?
Sensation!
Posted: Dec 23 2008, 12:36 AM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

^lol that was a joke rebuttal to shale

but tbh, they aren't dime a dozen. all of the girls ive met want to use me for carpool services.
Heck its even on my yearbook xD
- quote -
"you can drive me around now :DDD"

which is translated to:
"You wanna drive me to work? i just totaled my car" (true story :S)

which to me, sounds more like:
"i'll sit in the drivers seat while you push your shell of a car; that would be 'driving me around'" (well, my car worked at the time xD, but good news, its almost done)

now lets get back to talking about A/C ._.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Dec 23 2008, 12:39 AM
Rudy
Posted: Dec 28 2008, 08:00 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Shale
Posted: Dec 28 2008, 02:06 PM

/IDW/ Zero Fighter Pilot

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,861

QUOTE (Midnight Drifter @ Today at 5:00 AM)
You're freaking talking to one~! Shale has BEWBS!

*head explodes*

XD XD XD

It's times like this, that geography sucks, eh?

But seriously, no idea why so many dropkicks of girls think a guy's car is there to ferry THEM around. If I got a girlfriend she wouldn't be getting away with that sh!t tongue.gif OR that stupid thing where they hanker for your keys. *beats them off with a 1/2" drive ratchet*

*cough* air conditioning? What air conditioning? We were talking about air conditioning? XD
Rudy
Posted: Dec 28 2008, 04:53 PM

Unregistered

This post has been edited by Midnight Drifter on Dec 28 2008, 04:56 PM
Shale
Posted: Dec 28 2008, 05:36 PM

/IDW/ Zero Fighter Pilot

LOL! Yeah that whole damn geography thing again... tongue.gif

Hurrhurr it does sound pretty good on paper eh. Car chick that can race and do her own damn work... laugh.gif You gotta admit though, the old Subies have their endearing quirks and character smile.gif

I'd only marry another Subaru fan...I'd drive anyone else nuts within a week! XD (that said I'd drive ANYONE nuts given a good space of time...)

Can totally envisage your dad getting a big grin on his face, right until the end bit where you popped the balloon XD

On Topic: ...yeah that's a good reason to disable it. tongue.gif
Rudy
Posted: Dec 29 2008, 05:43 AM

Unregistered

Shale
Posted: Jan 2 2009, 12:40 AM

/IDW/ Zero Fighter Pilot

Haha been there done that, my windscreen leaks in Shale (on the 10 year old car but not the 20 year old car, wtf??)...both footwells get a good soaking, then stink like wet dog until they dry out with fine weather. Thankfully it gets SO DAMN HOT during summer it all just evaporates within a few hours of being outside in the sun.

And this year is such a scorcher that the Legacy is going to be a fscking nightmare without A/C, simply for the HOLY CRAP LEATHER INTERIOR factor, so it's getting regassed and tinted. As for the other car...my oh my it's getting tempting x__X
DreadAngel
Posted: Jan 2 2009, 01:33 AM

恐怖の天使

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,183

QUOTE (cmspaz @ Nov 8 2008, 03:37 AM)
Haha, true. Though when AC is pretty much the only comfort amenity the car came with, it's not really that bad.

You say additional bit, though... Have you ever felt the difference in handling from dropping weight from the front ? It's crazy noticeable.

My car was 59/41 weight distribution when I picked it up, with an AC delete and the upcoming battery relocation, it should be somewhere around 57/43 street configured. X configured, it'll still be 59/41, but that's because I gut the rear end. Helps it get loose.  apxrock.gif

Actually, I have with the Civic, removed every god damn power option, change glass to perspex, etc etc...

So not worth it if you treasure your car LOL

The end of the day, driver > mechanics lol *knocks on wood*

QUOTE (Tesso)
You're not sacrificing a damn thing. ROLL DOWN YOUR F**KING WINDOWS. Problem solved! wink2.gif

Tell me that in an Aussie summer were its 40+ degree lol =P

I'll have the A/C, you can have the windows down blowing supercharged hot air in ya face XD

This post has been edited by DreadAngel on Jan 2 2009, 01:36 AM
The Stig
Posted: Jan 2 2009, 01:05 PM

Srsly I'm the Stig?

Member No.: 11,448

When you have leather interior and like and I have to deal with, everything gets magnified 100x. It kinda gets out of hand, hopefully when I put in my buckets they will lower the in-car temp a bit.
Shale
Posted: Jan 2 2009, 01:07 PM

/IDW/ Zero Fighter Pilot

^ know the feeling, gotta air the Legacy before it can be sat in these days >__<;;
backalleyracer
Posted: Jan 2 2009, 07:19 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

wow, this thread went really off topic, and LOL about the whole Shale thing

and I dont have a problem driving around in vegas with no AC ( gets 110 + every year )

but my passengers sure have a problem with it sad.gif
DreadAngel
Posted: Jan 3 2009, 01:42 AM

恐怖の天使

QUOTE (backalleyracer @ Today at 1:19 PM)
wow, this thread went really off topic, and LOL about the whole Shale thing

and I dont have a problem driving around in vegas with no AC ( gets 110 + every year )

but my passengers sure have a problem with it sad.gif

I wonder why LOL!!!

I'd hate to stick to black leather, its an aweful feeling, same with those luxury seat covers, sheepskin or velour, etc... That stuff is horrible!
Spaz
Posted: Jan 3 2009, 01:09 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (DreadAngel @ Today at 3:42 AM)
I'd hate to stick to black leather, its an aweful feeling, same with those luxury seat covers, sheepskin or velour, etc... That stuff is horrible!

Ah, black leather... the main reason I actually bothered to have the A/C compressor replaced on the 'Stang when it took a shit. Well, that, and it was still inside the dealer's used car warranty.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
IntermaN
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 02:55 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 28,291

If you remove your air con and you are worried about your windows steaming up, there are sprays out there for your window that stops it, not sure how effective it is since I never tested it but I heard from someone who has say it works well.

Andy.
biggamehit
Posted: Jan 6 2009, 06:23 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 8,278

the ac and heater are separate.. removing the AC doesn't effect your heating system......

I never had AC in my 240..... in the summers it got very hot and really hot while drifting/auto crossing/draging. I removed a lot of non essential things to make repairs/mods easier and for a cleaner engine bay

edit:

someone already brought that up... disregard

This post has been edited by biggamehit on Jan 6 2009, 06:29 PM
Rudy
Posted: Jan 6 2009, 08:21 PM

Unregistered

MattW
Posted: Jan 6 2009, 11:45 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

Jeez, you must be friggen stupid. She's in NZ. It's SUMMER there now.
Spaz
Posted: Jan 7 2009, 01:08 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (MattW @ Today at 1:45 AM)
Jeez, you must be friggen stupid.

You make it sound like there's a chance he isn't.
DreadAngel
Posted: Jan 8 2009, 03:47 AM

恐怖の天使

I really like to see someone survive the last few days of Aussie summer without A/C LOL =P
Shale
Posted: Jan 9 2009, 11:59 PM

/IDW/ Zero Fighter Pilot

^ LOL. Yeah, bit of a geography lesson - always the opposite on the other side of the world. When we have night, you have day. When we have autumn, you have spring. It's currently summer and pushing nearly 30 degrees up north. REALLY FRIGGEN WANTED AC driving up to Cape Reinga and having a tutu around these last few days, it's been absolutely sweltering with four people in the ol' Impreza.

What's it been in Aus? Pushed the 42 degrees have-to-go-home-from-school temps yet? biggrin.gif
Hannah
Posted: Jan 10 2009, 11:39 AM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 8,296

QUOTE (Midnight Drifter @ Jan 6 2009, 11:21 PM)
...these days?

...jeez, I don't even want to THINK about how hot it gets during the summer...

Are we referring to leather seats?

One word: breakfast. or, griddle.

Srsly, living in Panama in the summer, I was GLAD to not ride the bus home.. and consider, not that much sun got in the windows on SOME busses.
Back on subject, Dori-babe.. You do NOT want to wear those shorts of yours and get into a summer-treated leather-seated car. EVAR. D:<
Spaz
Posted: Jan 10 2009, 12:24 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Paula-tan @ Today at 1:39 PM)
Back on subject, Dori-babe.. You do NOT want to wear those shorts of yours and get into a summer-treated leather-seated car. EVAR. D:<

Well, that's not entirely true.

If one damages them enough, then all of the money one would spend on that which they produce could instead be put to better use (read: mods).
Rudy
Posted: Jan 10 2009, 01:54 PM

Unregistered

This post has been edited by Midnight Drifter on Jan 10 2009, 01:56 PM
Shale
Posted: Jan 10 2009, 02:16 PM

/IDW/ Zero Fighter Pilot

QUOTE (Midnight Drifter @ Today at 10:54 AM)
WTF? Summer in December-January!? Yeah... I think I better stay away from New Zealand. That's some sci-fi shit. o.o

Honestly, I'd be happy to see 42 degrees. Actually I'd like to see 65 to 80 degrees like what Paula's getting down in Florida, but all winters winter winters winters winter winters winter.

Buses have vynil seats, btw. Not leather. But the effect is nearly as bad.

The only place I could imagine needing A/C would be either Arizona or South Texas... where temperatures can push well into the 110's and sometimes break 120. unsure.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season

That should shed some light. It's not sci-fi shit, it's just a bit of good ol' physics smile.gif A good short read.

Oh, we're talking Celsius for the summer in Aus. That's 107F according to the online converters. The hottest I've been in while in Sydney was 46...tarmac was melting :/ Not quite the hottest temps recorded on Earth (wasn't that 52C in the middle of the desert? Or was it 56? can't recall), but it's pretty menacing given it's often in 4% humidity...you tend to dry out pretty badly :/

Here's the Sci-fi part for you, Dori...in the southern hemisphere, it NEVER snows for Christmas. EVER. Unless you go to Antarctica. We have summer Christmases, and thus our traditions are very different. We generally eat less stodgy, heavy foods and opt for outdoor BBQs - steak, lamb, fish, TONNES OF SEAFOOD, etc. At least in Aus and NZ, contemporary classics on the table include lychees, mangoes and pineapples, alongside trifle and merengues smile.gif And Pavlova. (Question though...Aussies...are there kiwifruit on your pavs? I can't remember :/)
Rudy
Posted: Jan 10 2009, 02:41 PM

Unregistered

4 Pages  1 2 3 4