Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Dejo & Bratt - In The Eyes Of A Tiger

Important Rules
NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,393  ·  Replies: 39 
> Playing with my Terrible FC3S, I don't enjoy my car, am i not patient?
down_hill_dog
  Posted: Dec 30 2004, 12:34 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,812

Well I am fairly new to the game, I have all the techniques and principles down but i'm not satisfied with my car. I'm driving the FC rx7 with 108,xxx tuning points in the option A tuning package. So far I've gotten wheels, exhaust, a front lip, ecu reset, cooling system tune and a stress bar setup. I've beaten the first 2 area's. and then on akagi and akina i have the first 1 or 2 beaten, but i cannot even come close to beating keisuke. he walks away in hp and thats the end of the race. Am i Just impatient. What happens at the 120,000 point tuning level. Should i stick it out with this car, because i'm ready to start another card.
Posted: Dec 30 2004, 03:10 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,188

Don't worry about him being first. Take him in the first hairpins. He's ALWAYS to slow there. Take the hairpins at 130-140 (since you have an FC, you can try to go more than that) And DON'T HIT WALLS!!!

At 120,000 points, the tune of that course is finished. You can now buy parts. (Recommend not to before you Fuul Tune, which is 990,000 points) You also get maintenace upgrades like oil change. reset ECU, change brake fluid etc.

Don't buy another card. The FC is an okay car to work with.
PhantomaZero
Posted: Dec 30 2004, 05:00 PM

I hate this map

Member No.: 2,007

If you really don't like the FC, by all means, I think you should get a new one. Nobody should be driving a car they don't like.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
down_hill_dog
  Posted: Dec 30 2004, 06:04 PM

Shmuck

well It's not that i don't like that car.. it's just not pleasing me in it's current state. It definately needs better traction and power abilities. I won't change just yet then.

And even on the hairpins, We're about even. I'm holding a good 138-140 around each one and he's still about the same speed, then the road straightens out and he walks away badly.

If i do stick it out with this car, once i've reached 120,000 what tuning should i do from there? If i do start a new card what car would you reccomend going with? i don't necessarily have to drift, i just want somthing that will be quick and goodhandling on the tighter courses, but yet is'nt super slow on the straights.
Saito
Posted: Dec 30 2004, 07:25 PM

Wakarimasu ka?

Member No.: 1,260

well by the sound of it...it seems that u are hitting the walls....coz the FC is a very drifty car...but if u are taking the turns at those speeds u should be able to catch up to him easy....coz KT (Keisuke) slows down alot on every turn......

and if u are planning on getting a new car...either get a FD type R or GC8V????

i would say DC2 but alot of ppl here are against it.....
down_hill_dog
  Posted: Dec 30 2004, 08:07 PM

Shmuck

no not hitting any walls but yes maybe it is a bit too drifty for my style of racing. why are alot of people against the dc2r? I was thinking of choosing that for my next car or bunta's scoob. What about an Ap1 s2k? it seemed to drive nice but what are the possibilities like in the end
Posted: Dec 31 2004, 02:06 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,188

Because in the DC2, even if you hit walls, you don't lose speed. Plus, it sets you up worse in V3 because in V3, hitting walls is a NO-NO.

The GC8V is an okay car. Good on every course.

AP1 sucks. Good startup, but average- below average on every course.
down_hill_dog
  Posted: Dec 31 2004, 03:23 AM

Shmuck

I think for my next card i am going to go with a dc2. and no not for the reason you had mentioned. i think i would be into grip racing a little more. which tuning course do you suggest? I was thinking of going with Course C, all spoon. But by the looks of things B and D will give the car better potential in the end result?
Saito
Posted: Dec 31 2004, 08:11 AM

Wakarimasu ka?

the GC8V is like a lil version of the DC2...its a good car overall on all courses...thats if u know how to use the car right...well basically every car is pretty good if u know how to use it right...but yeah.....

i have a DC2...not coz its a cheap car but i own one in real life...i love the car...i mainly use it for TA's....but if i battle i use fair maps...not like happo and iro
Kerxn
Posted: Dec 31 2004, 08:52 AM

now clean your screen

Member No.: 3,880

QUOTE (Saito @ Dec 31 2004, 08:11 AM)
the GC8V is like a lil version of the DC2...its a good car overall on all courses...thats if u know how to use the car right...well basically every car is pretty good if u know how to use it right...but yeah.....

i have a DC2...not coz its a cheap car but i own one in real life...i love the car...i mainly use it for TA's....but if i battle i use fair maps...not like happo and iro

So, you're telling me that you own a Type R Integra?

DC2, is a good car.
d0ob0o
Posted: Dec 31 2004, 11:58 AM

<3

Member No.: 1,467

QUOTE (down_hill_dog @ Dec 31 2004, 04:23 AM)
I think for my next card i am going to go with a dc2. and no not for the reason you had mentioned. i think i would be into grip racing a little more. which tuning course do you suggest? I was thinking of going with Course C, all spoon. But by the looks of things B and D will give the car better potential in the end result?

ic another dc2er...and yes u r gonna choose it for its capabilities...A tune->switch to C tune-> add D tune gt wing...
GottyJ
Posted: Dec 31 2004, 02:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,986

How long to you break?
The style i use with my sil eighty and the style my bro uses with his sti
is let off the gas a lil be4 the turn and down shift twice once when u first let off the gas and the second when ur entering teh turn
it usually works for meyou dont even need to break.
GottyJ
Posted: Dec 31 2004, 03:07 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,986

personally id keep racing till u find a weak point theres akways a weak point
try to find Key points theres also always a turn that changes how the race may end out
down_hill_dog
  Posted: Jan 2 2005, 10:08 PM

Shmuck

well i decided to wait for al ittle while before i switch cars. I am past the 120,000 point level now, and the car is a little better. I just have to beat the Toudou school civic and integra, then takumi and bunta on the last map and i'll be done LOT mode. I've also raced Bunta once now and beat him aswell. i'll see what happens. Thanks so much for the input.
Saito
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 01:13 AM

Wakarimasu ka?

So, you're telling me that you own a Type R Integra?

DC2, is a good car.

yeah i have one...a yellow one...lol...same as in ID

Kev
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 12:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

GottyJ: This is the second time I've seen you double post. Check yuor inbox.

I know you've gotten a new car, but I would have stuck with the FC, even if it is a little hard to get used to. It's a great car, and not many people use it. However, since you got your new car, let me give you some tips. In Version 2, wall penalty is close to nothing with that car. You hit the wall and you just keep going. However once you start playing Version 3 (or go back to Version 1) and you start hitting walls, you'll be dead meat. That's my main tip for you. Don't get adjusted to hitting walls.
down_hill_dog
  Posted: Jan 3 2005, 06:11 PM

Shmuck

krazFD, i did'tn switch cars yet. I am still driving the FC.. it was a terrible car right up until the 120,000 point mark, after that the feeling of the car changed completely. I think that may be the reason why not many people use it. It sucks at first, but then once tuning is done it becomes a good car and much of the driftyness of it goes away.

Now another quastion, when it says parts change, and it offers me hoods or wheels, cosmetic changes and stuff like that, if i can afford it, should i change? Are there going to be any advantages with these different parts, or are they just merely Different looking?
Kev
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 06:20 PM

IDW Goldmember

Parts change effects performance. Nothing else. If you like a driftier car or a grippier car, you might want to change parts, but other than that, theres no point in changing.
Kerxn
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 06:40 PM

now clean your screen

Member No.: 3,880

krazfd, if I want a grippier FC, what parts do I need... I love it
d0ob0o
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 08:06 PM

<3

Member No.: 1,467

best overall setup IMO

A base
B tune hood (there r 2 holes in it)
D tune GT wing
not too sure on wheels though...
Kev
Posted: Jan 3 2005, 08:16 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (exkillee @ Jan 3 2005, 07:40 PM)
krazfd, if I want a grippier FC, what parts do I need... I love it

Haha sorry. I honestly don't know. I only used the FC in Version 1 and back then, I didn't bother with parts change. Still dont actually.
Saito
Posted: Jan 4 2005, 12:29 AM

Wakarimasu ka?

Now another quastion, when it says parts change, and it offers me hoods or wheels, cosmetic changes and stuff like that, if i can afford it, should i change?

no dont get anything until u have full tune...once u have reached full tune with ur car then start buying wateva parts u want...(they will eventually show up again)

Are there going to be any advantages with these different parts, or are they just merely Different looking?

read my previous posts on parts and the different they made...or KrazFD's post previous to this

RX-8 Pyro Master
Posted: Jan 17 2005, 09:15 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 3,862

the fc is not a terrible car it rules. it may oversteer alittle but u can use that to an advantage.
G35pudge
Posted: Jul 16 2006, 09:26 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 18,902

oversteer? i swear it understeers?
chubbbayaidan
Posted: Jul 16 2006, 09:35 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 13,141

sleep.gif I have a FC and I haven't even hit the Basic-Tune yet. And I've beaten the ppl you're talking about.

edit: I'd say just wait it out and work on it, and use it to harness your skills.

This post has been edited by chubbbayaidan on Jul 16 2006, 10:04 PM

2 Pages  1 2