Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Black Zone

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,116  ·  Replies: 32 
> Pre-Con Skin Prep, Look your best for Cosplay. <3
Cecilia
  Posted: Feb 25 2016, 02:31 AM

Easy to please. Since day one.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 31,385

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 41 minutes ago)
Pretty much what Kyon & Ceci said. Although if you're serious about getting rid of zits in the long run, there's only two remedies:

Cure #1: Eat right and exercise.

- No chocolate, no soda, no chips, no bread, no restaurants and/or fast food, no orange juice, no sunflower seeds, no sugar-free bubble gum, don't even look at a glass of Kool-Aid, no nothing! awesome.gif (Ohhh Yeahhhh!!)
- Only and only drink water, lot's of it. Eat vegetables and fish, that's it. 3 small meals per day, no snacks.
- Run 3 miles every day of the week, including slacker-sundays. One mile in the morning, one mile at lunch, and one mile before you go to bed.
- You can have One Orange once a month... that's your guilty pleasure. cool.gif

Cure #2: Wait until you're exactly 26 years old.

- Pimples magically go away when you're 26 years old. Unless you eat McDonald's every day... then it might take a couple of more decades to completely sweat out those greasy zits.

I concur. Eating right and exercise will help keep your body healthy and in turn, your skin will look and be healthy, too!

One can eat chocolate, so long as it's actual chocolate and not candy made with chocolate. There's a huge difference between the chocolate in/on a Snickers bar, and pure, dark chocolate.

Club soda is ok, too. If you are fond of fizzy drinks, I recommend chilled club soda with your choice of R.W. Knudsen brand of juices. Just Pomegranate is my favorite. If you want something on the sweeter side, go with Just Grape or a blend of their berries juice. Just Black Cherries is delicious as well.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

These all have tons of potassium and trace minerals that are very good for you. If you must have chips, make them yourself. (Since it requires more effort to make the chips than to buy them, you may end up not eating any at all. Good!) But if you must, eat a small amount of a healthier version. I crave cold, sweet things a lot, so I like to eat frozen smoothie bars to calm my sweet tooth. One of my favorite after dinner snacks is chilled oranges and pineapple chunks like you get at Chinese restaurants here in the States. Occasionally I'll put them on top of Greek yogurt with chopped nuts.

Sometimes, acne can be a symptom of something going on with the body, eating a food or foods that your body is having a bad reaction to, (such as soy, which has phytoestrogens that can cause breakouts around the mouth area and jawline.) Sometimes, thyroid problems can cause breakouts in the neck and chin area as well.

If you know a reputable Chinese herbalist, ask them to check you out. They can tell which organs are acting up from skin, nail and mouth conditions. It's pretty cool! You'll be prescribed certain foods and herbs or teas.

Now on to the subject of relieving your skin of blackheads and acne.

Please read the article here to understand the difference between sebacious filaments and blackheads in order to help target and treat them successfully. One way to get rid of acne is to starve the bacteria of its food: SEBUM. Sebum is the oil your skin secretes that lubricates the skin and hair. Sometimes, they're over active and produce too much oil which can then solidify and cause a blockage.

You can use the rice bran wash or colloidal oatmeal. I bought Bob's Red Mill Rice Bran and some sachets as shown above. For the oatmeal mask, you can buy colloidal oatmeal at stores in packets or you can make your own. The bran and oats will absorb excess oil without stripping your skin. I take about a cup of oats and pulverize them in a food processor or blender. Take a fine mesh strainer and sift out the bigger particles and repeat the process until you have a very fine powder. I make it into a paste with raw honey (honey is anti-microbial) and let it sit on my face for ten to twenty minutes.

If your skin is feeling especially irritated, use plain Greek style yogurt, drain the whey (the liquid that pools in the container, save the whey and put it in a smoothie to help build muscles!) and slather the extra thick and creamy yogurt on the problem areas.

I highly recommend fighting acne with natural remedies first. Fight bacteria with more bacteria! Medicines work for a while, but are very irritating and can be costly. Besides, the bacteria can become immune to the medication and come back with a vengeance!

Ingesting pro-biotics will help clear up your skin from the inside out. smile.gif

If that fails you, go full nuclear and use benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. You can alternate using them, and I don't recommend using them simultaneously. You can really dry out your skin and cause chemical burns. Then you'll just end up with raw, scaly skin. Not fun. I've heard good things about Paula's Choice acne treatments. People love the products because of the pH balance that helps keep skin irritation to a minimum.

Acne Free (made in Irvine!) is available in most drugstores and grocery stores. It's the generic version of ProActive.
Neutrogena makes a wonderful cleanser/mask:
user posted image

Tea tree oil has been used in skin care, but you must use it sparingly and in a carrier oil or honey. Here are some ways to use tea tree oil as an acne fighter.

I'll do another post with more later. It's time to sleep. If you have any questions or need me to clarify anything, let me know right away! <3

Night night!

Oh, and wash off that make-up! Don't be sleeping in that stuff. It's not good for your skin and is bacteria food.

This post has been edited by Cecilia on Feb 27 2016, 06:13 PM
The Sixth Element
Posted: Feb 25 2016, 05:47 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (Cecilia @ Today, 2:31 AM)

I concur. Eating right and exercise will help keep your body healthy and in turn, your skin will look and be healthy, too!

One can eat chocolate, so long as it's actual chocolate and not candy made with chocolate. There's a huge difference between the chocolate in/on a Snickers bar, and pure, dark chocolate.

Club soda is ok, too. If you are fond of fizzy drinks, I recommend chilled club soda with your choice of R.W. Knudsen brand of juices. Just Pomegranate is my favorite. If you want something on the sweeter side, go with Just Grape or a blend of their berries juice. Just Black Cherries is delicious as well.
http://www.naturalnews.com/phototours/RWKn...granate_600.jpg
These all have tons of potassium and trace minerals that are very good for you. If you must have chips, make them yourself. (Since it requires more effort to make the chips than to buy them, you may end up not eating any at all. Good!) But if you must, eat a small amount of a healthier version. I crave cold, sweet things a lot, so I like to eat frozen smoothie bars to calm my sweet tooth. One of my favorite after dinner snacks is chilled oranges and pineapple chunks like you get at Chinese restaurants here in the States. Occasionally I'll put them on top of Greek yogurt with chopped nuts.

Sometimes, acne can be a symptom of something going on with the body, eating a food or foods that your body is having a bad reaction to, (such as soy, which has phytoestrogens that can cause breakouts around the mouth area and jawline.) Sometimes, thyroid problems can cause breakouts in the neck and chin area as well.

If you know a reputable Chinese herbalist, ask them to check you out. They can tell which organs are acting up from skin, nail and mouth conditions. It's pretty cool! You'll be prescribed certain foods and herbs or teas.

Now on to the subject of relieving your skin of blackheads and acne.

Please read the article here to understand the difference between sebacious filaments and blackheads in order to help target and treat them successfully. One way to get rid of acne is to starve the bacteria of its food: SEBUM. Sebum is the oil your skin secretes that lubricates the skin and hair. Sometimes, they're over active and produce too much oil which can then solidify and cause a blockage.

You can use the rice bran wash or colloidal oatmeal. I bought Bob's Red Mill Rice Bran and some sachets as shown above. For the oatmeal mask, you can buy colloidal oatmeal at stores in packets or you can make your own. The bran and oats will absorb excess oil without stripping your skin. I take about a cup of oats and pulverize them in a food processor or blender. Take a fine mesh strainer and sift out the bigger particles and repeat the process until you have a very fine powder. I make it into a paste with raw honey (honey is anti-microbial) and let it sit on my face for ten to twenty minutes.

If your skin is feeling especially irritated, use plain Greek style yogurt, drain the whey (the liquid that pools in the container, save the whey and put it in a smoothie to help build muscles!) and slather the extra thick and creamy yogurt on the problem areas.

I highly recommend fighting acne with natural remedies first. Fight bacteria with more bacteria! Medicines work for a while, but are very irritating and can be costly. Besides, the bacteria can become immune to the medication and come back with a vengeance!

If that fails you, go full nuclear and use benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. You can alternate using them, and I don't recommend using them simultaneously. You can really dry out your skin and cause chemical burns. Then you'll just end up with raw, scaly skin. Not fun. I've heard good things about Paula's Choice acne treatments. People love the products because of the pH balance that helps keep skin irritation to a minimum.

Acne Free (made in Irvine!) is available in most drugstores and grocery stores. It's the generic version of ProActive.
Neutrogena makes a wonderful cleanser/mask:
https://streetstyleoncampus.files.wordpress...11-54-43-pm.png

Tea tree oil has been used in skin care, but you must use it sparingly and in a carrier oil or honey. Here are some ways to use tea tree oil as an acne fighter.

I'll do another post with more later. It's time to sleep. If you have any questions or need me to clarify anything, let me know right away! <3

Night night!

Oh, and wash off that make-up! Don't be sleeping in that stuff. It's not good for your skin and is bacteria food.

Wow!!! This is great info Ceci. Thanks for it. It looks hard on my side but it won't hurt to try. laugh2.gif
Cecilia
  Posted: Feb 25 2016, 07:01 PM

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ 1 hour, 13 minutes ago)
Wow!!! This is great info Ceci. Thanks for it. It looks hard on my side but it won't hurt to try. laugh2.gif

You're welcome! Are there any other skin problems you'd like me to touch on next? If not, I'll move on to evening out the tone, correcting and preventing spots, and helping minimize or prevent acne scars. smile.gif Once your skin is healthy, we can move on to the fun part: Make up! (Wait, makeup is fun???? I can't believe I just said that. Well, it'll be fun to see how you men apply the info as well as develop beautifying skills!!) I'll be learning along with you since I usually stick to eyeliner, shadow, mascara and some lip balm.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
The Sixth Element
Posted: Feb 25 2016, 08:29 PM

matter intangible

QUOTE (Cecilia @ 1 hour, 27 minutes ago)
You're welcome! Are there any other skin problems you'd like me to touch on next? If not, I'll move on to evening out the tone, correcting and preventing spots, and helping minimize or prevent acne scars. smile.gif Once your skin is healthy, we can move on to the fun part: Make up! (Wait, makeup is fun???? I can't believe I just said that. Well, it'll be fun to see how you men apply the info as well as develop beautifying skills!!) I'll be learning along with you since I usually stick to eyeliner, shadow, mascara and some lip balm.

I'm all good. Thanks for your help!!! happy.gif

I'm actually doing the simplest and laziest cosplay that fits the character easily. Just needed to fix my face so I actually look good and don't look like a mess during AX.
Cecilia
  Posted: Feb 27 2016, 03:32 PM

I almost forgot one crucial step before the make-up part. Age-defying steps and skin smoothing treatments.

There are many products that help with filling in and/or minimizing wrinkles and fine lines. The BEST defense against this is to moisturize and protect skin from UV rays and pollution. I have been using petroleum jelly as my staple humectant before I go to sleep. Since the age of about 14, I have used a 35 or higher spf sunscreen. Currently, I use Neutrogena's Broad Spectrum 70 spf on my body and for my face I use the Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunscreen as it goes well under make-up. People still can't believe I'm ten years older than I look. (Or they're just being REALLY nice.) Apply the lotion 15 minutes before sun exposure.

Click here to find out which sunscreen works best for your lifestyle. smile.gif

Minimizing wrinkles can be done with topical creams to improve skin's APPEARANCE.
These serums and lotions won't necessarily get rid of them, but they help skin plump up and reduce their visibility.

There are some creams that do a little better than just filling in wrinkles. They actually help skin by stimulating skin's natural collagen production. Those, however can be more cost prohibitive. Hence, it is better to prevent and protect skin by taking care of it now rather than trying to erase the damage later. Strivectin-SD is a wrinkle cream that started out as a stretch mark eraser, but someone discovered that it was great at eliminating wrinkles. I haven't tried it but I'm thinking about it...(It's $140 for 4.5 oz of this stuff.)

Olay, Neutrogena, Garnier and Burt's Bees makes some comparable, and more affordable, anti-aging products for a fraction of what you'd pay for stuff at a pricey department store like at Neiman's Mark-Ups, Macy's, or Sephora. I've heard good things about Roc, which you can buy at Target) but I've never tried that either. Maybe I need to make a trip to the drugstore soon...

Phew! I could write so much about every individual product, but it's A TON of info! There are under-eye creams for wrinkles, dark circles, firming creams, skin brightening creams, dark spot removers, scar smoothers... and on and on. I think I'll just recommend you grab some aloe vera, bisect it, and slap it on your skin and leave it there until it dries, then rinse it off and moisturize and throw some green tea bags on your eyes to reduce puffiness and you're set! Lol

CAUTION: It is best to begin your research now on what works best with your skin. You DO NOT WANT adverse reactions to happen just before con-time. Deal with that NOW so you won't suffer later. Test some of the product on your inner arm, where your elbow bends or behind your ears. If the product irritates your skin, don't use it! Keep the receipt and you may get a refund from either the manufacturer or just return it to the store. (Read each retailers return policy so if you're dissatisfied with a product, you'll know how to get your money back. smile.gif )

Yes, it's labor intensive (and expensive) being a woman and we haven't even left the FACE!! (We're only on page two and I haven't even BEGUN to touch on make-up.)

Once skin is in your ideal condition, (free of blemishes, inflammation or irritation) you can begin bleaching, waxing, threading, or tweezing unwanted hair.

Grooming your brows: (remember, your brows are sisters, not twins.) Some tutorials want you to go for a mirrored effect. Keep mostly with their natural shape. It'll save you aggravation.

You can shape your brows yourself or go to a salon. I recommend finding a threading bar as it is quicker and less painful. The guys I used to work with at the Audi dealership would get their brows groomed every two weeks. It helped bring out their eyes and they looked well groomed and it just elevated their appearance! If you want to look more feminine, ask for a more pronounced arch. Don't go too round or you will look surprised! Too flat and it will look too masculine.

Here is a link on tutorials for how to shape your brows on your own. I don't bother since I don't have the time. I just go to my threading lady at the mall. I go once a month or less and keep it up in between sessions.

What to avoid when grooming your brows

Also, some hilarious, bad looking brows. Just don't.

Here is a sample skin care routine used by Japanese women that keeps their skin healthy-looking and luminous at almost any age. smile.gif
Japanese Skincare Routine

A guide to popular Japanese beauty products.

This post has been edited by Cecilia on Feb 28 2016, 11:50 PM
The Sixth Element
Posted: Feb 27 2016, 05:15 PM

matter intangible

Wow!! This great info. Thanks again for your help!!! biggrin.gif
Cecilia
  Posted: Feb 28 2016, 04:50 PM

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ Yesterday, 7:15 PM)
Wow!! This great info. Thanks again for your help!!! biggrin.gif

You're welcome! More to come!

We shall learn together how to be doll-faced cuties like Ariska Pue. (Click her name to see her amazing make-up transformation!) I don't know if I'll go as far as getting circle lenses, but I am considering changing my eye color with colored lenses.
I'll be adding more to this post later. I may add pictures too. Oh, this is going to be so fun! I love learning new things!

Will you post pics of your make-up transformations, too? happy.gif

Another take on creating a the base for the rest of your make-up.
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve2k2Yir_kw )
<---This is why it takes some women 2 hours to get ready. I take about ten minutes since I don't do all the crazy skin even-ning concealing and stuff everyday. I save it for special occasions and photo shoots. Some girls love doing make-up. I'm pretty low-maintenance. ( I was kind of lost half-way through the video. Lol I'll master this skill yet!)

Once you have your foundation in place, you can create any look you want. You can stay at that base stage for a 'no make-up look' or add elaborate colors and designs.

FITNESS: Who wants to do this 3-week workout with me? It's simple yet effective. Just ask Tessou. The page has links for proper form to avoid injury and get the most out of each exercise.

We start immediately. I'm starting March 1st since it's a Tuesday and that's when I typically workout. (Mondays don't work for me as I attend a weekly meeting that day and I don't have time to workout, eat, and then get ready for work. I can only pick two out of the three.)

Post your measurements, height, and weight to participate! We'll update each week.

Maximum effort!

wub.gif

This post has been edited by Cecilia on Feb 29 2016, 12:44 AM
Cecilia
  Posted: Mar 1 2016, 10:27 AM

As promised!

user posted image

Edited since I was a dummy and posted an image of LAST YEAR'S March calendar. derp.gif

I measured in cm because it's more convenient that way. smile.gif

Chest-77.5
Waist-75
Hips-94
Right Arm-27
Left Arm-26
Right leg-56
Left Leg-56

Before I workout, I do a 5-Minute Cardio Warmup If my heart rate isn't high enough, I do another round.

Then I do some exercises my chiropractor recommended I do. I do 2-3 sets of 12 of the three exercises.

Now, on to the 15-minute Workout that will to tone you up in 3 weeks.

I'm pretty slim, I just get flabby sometimes because I eat too many sweets, so I'll probably see a change after the first week of cutting out excess sugar and eating more healthfully.

This post has been edited by Cecilia on Mar 1 2016, 10:50 AM

2 Pages  1 2