Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  « 5 6 7 8 9  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 32,640  ·  Replies: 205 
> What did Initial D do for you?, Did Initial D get you into cars, or anime?
Silec
Posted: Aug 27 2012, 06:35 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,885

What did ID do for me....

ID got me into...

- Eurobeat
- JDM Cars
- Wangan Midnight (found it only because of ID wink2.gif )
- This great community

I think those are the most important wink2.gif
CaptainSaltySam
Posted: Aug 27 2012, 07:42 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 38,921

Well as I said in my welcome post ID didn't introduce me to cars or anime but until Initial I was mainly into Porsches and MOPARs. ID really got me looking into japanese cars and the JDM culture as a whole. Now that I have since bought a Z I think Japanese cars have slowly edged their way to the top of my list. Thank you Initial D!!
yuritakagi
  Posted: Aug 28 2012, 03:07 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,933

ID got me in:

Drifting
Cars
Eurobeat(never thought they're awesome XD)

Tofu
Killah Jamez
Posted: Aug 28 2012, 08:23 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 38,844

ID got me into reading manga and indirectly got me into black lagoon my second favorite anime of all time..It also has me trying to learn Japanese and it go me deeper into the performance aspect of a vehicle and Grew to appreciate my own car much more than I did..I was going to trade in my old car but after ID I felt a real connection to my maxima and I have been bringing her back to life ever since
superhours
Posted: Sep 29 2012, 06:27 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,023

It got me to love cars even more then I used to, and made me learn about the codes..and what FD/FC/etc. means.
shiftdown
Posted: Oct 1 2012, 02:58 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,032

Hmmm, come to think of it, I model alot of my life around initial d; bought and restored an fc which is now my daily driver, own an extensive collection of super eurobeat, wear v neck sweaters and new balance, and practice driving techniques everyday. the art of driving becomes a much much deeper thing to someone when they look at it from the initial d perspective.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Killah Jamez
Posted: Oct 1 2012, 03:48 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 38,844

Sweet ass Fc yo!!
shiftdown
Posted: Oct 2 2012, 12:15 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Killah Jamez @ 8 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Sweet ass Fc yo!!

thanks man thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by shiftdown on Oct 2 2012, 12:16 AM
Spaz
Posted: Oct 2 2012, 09:19 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Always room for more 7s around here. smile.gif

Driving becomes a part of your life for sure. There's hardly a light that I stop for that I'm not downshifting and engine braking, I casually heel-toe into corners that need light braking... it's just something that you pick up and it becomes part of your normal routines.

And then on the track, it all comes together. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
shiftdown
Posted: Oct 2 2012, 07:30 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ Today, 9:19 AM)
Always room for more 7s around here. smile.gif

Driving becomes a part of your life for sure. There's hardly a light that I stop for that I'm not downshifting and engine braking, I casually heel-toe into corners that need light braking... it's just something that you pick up and it becomes part of your normal routines.

And then on the track, it all comes together. cool.gif

yeah it absolutely comes together on the track. I get better lap times at auto x than mostly all the old guys in porches and corvettes and they don't know why; heel-toe all the corners

This post has been edited by shiftdown on Oct 2 2012, 07:31 PM
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 2 2012, 10:49 PM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 39,000

as for getting me into cars and anime this series didn't do all that, i'm a mechanic and total gearhead as far as that goes.

this series did get me into learning more of driving techique which has already saved me and my car multiple times. (hydroplanning sucks folks....)
LonelyDrifter
Posted: Nov 19 2012, 08:52 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,132

Initial D was the first anime that I seriously watched, I guess you could call it my gateway anime. cool.gif
theAbsolutelyRedLink
Posted: Nov 23 2012, 12:27 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 38,953

Cars to some degree.
denshin92
Posted: Nov 23 2012, 03:25 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,559

watched initial d at the age 10........ began to learn about cars n loving them.........
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Nov 23 2012, 03:59 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

Eurobeat!!! I never thought Eurobeat is so good that no multiple genres combined together can surpass Eurobeat. I can fill my phone and computer with Eurobeat without any English songs and K-Pop songs.
Burtonik
Posted: Dec 15 2012, 11:35 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,728

Initial D got me into car culture and let me rely on technique rather than the car's capabilities. I got hooked into Initial D around the 2nd grade, and now I'm in high school, and gonna go into college to become an auto technician. If I never discovered Initial D, I probably don't even know where I'd be right now.
biggamehit
Posted: Dec 16 2012, 01:52 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 8,278

initial d is what made me get into real drifting.. roughly 10 years later and I compete with D1 drivers!!!! I will always be loyal to this series!!
Vortrex
Posted: Dec 16 2012, 03:01 PM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

^ That's one of a kind SIL80!! RB26!!! Crazy car man!
iimports4life
Posted: Dec 18 2012, 11:21 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 39,786

It brought me into the world of classic import cars, new knowledge of the cars, engines, the whole drift world, and the music it has forever changed driving for me. When my roommate first introduced the show to me I was instantly hooked was able to get all 4 seasons and was sad when it ended. But once I heard that a 5th stage came out my excitement was through the roof grin2.gif Initial D has grown my love for cars, and this so a lot without it I honestly don't know what I would be doing in my spare time.
Vilee
Posted: Apr 14 2013, 06:34 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 41,097

As soon as i saw the first scene where Takumi drove the 86 downhill, i fell completely in love with cars and the car culture.
XStyhler
Posted: Apr 14 2013, 10:18 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,101

Initial D brought me to drifting.
I Joined a RC Drift Club and tuned my TT01 to the max.
I won a couple of Drift Races.
Also I lofve playing Forza now even more, Downhill with the AE86 while listening to Initial D Music. I even beat Class A Cars with my small Class C AE86
Lett
Posted: Apr 14 2013, 12:27 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 32,242

I was into cars since the moment I was born. I used to think Initial D was very childish but then one night out of boredom decided to watch the first episode and see what the show is about after all. I got hooked immediately and I still remember that excitement watching the first season with no idea whats going to happen. Although barely, I still remember the feeling I had when I started watching Intial D. My life pretty much sucked back then but I just wish I could experience same feelings I did when I watched Initial D for the first time. Many years have gone by, back then I was young and didn't even has legal age to have licence.

Initial D has gotten me into Touge, eurobeat and just overall attitude in the show have kinda influenced my personality, at least my view on car culture. I just love to spend nights driving on curvy roads and taking a small breaks and having small talks and smoking cigarettes and drinking energy drinks and so on it just gives you that special feeling. Just driving until the sunset when you are exhausted from trying to drive fast and trying not to crash your rust piece when the morning comes and streets are empty and son is shining... I guess I got a little bit too excited. Unfortunately no one is into cars in my friend list as much as I am and those who are kinda into cars are lazy fuks and don't have licence yet.

I just love driving at nights more than anything. There is special feeling to it. Just pushing your car on curvy empty roads feel so good.

I love cars and I'm saving up. Getting GC8 GT by the end of the june/beginning of july. Want to save up for GDB STi or S2000 but that would take awfully lot of time and I'm tired from waiting. Maybe next year if I'm doing well with the money. Currently drive a car that Jeremy Clarkson called the most boring car ever but I enjoy it. I think a true car enthusiast enjoys to drive nearly any car.

edit:
Although I was into cars before Initial D, Initial D made me appreciate and enjoy car culture even more and change general view on it.

This post has been edited by Lett on Apr 14 2013, 12:36 PM
darkmist
Posted: Apr 14 2013, 07:37 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 3,022

Any other GC8 here????? omg havent post in a while...lonnnnnng time lurker here..

Initial D definitely got me into cars more, even tho i had a passion for car at very young age(before ID).. such as RC cars. Used to modified them to function better? I also used to collect toy cars, that you can built, and upgrade(NOT RC). They had motor upgrades(rpms), suspension upgrades(spring rates), and wheels and tires. .This was in HongKong.. if you lived there, and are into cars, you know what im talking about..

ID also "inform and educated" about the dynamic of the car. Balance, braking, power and controls. Make me go research and applied what i learn. Got mentored by an experience racer to how to handle a car better.

Got my first car.. in dec of 2000... 2000 impreza RS.. Had alot of mods.. some are stupid, i admit.. we all had that stage in life. 4 years later, spun the bearing after a track event. Purchase a 94 impreza, swap wiring from the 00 into the 94, Plus some heavy upgrades. hint... entire car from the jdm land. I still drive the car today, modded the way i liked.

Im in college for my phd(ME), and i am involved in the school's FSAE forumla racing team. Met awesome people who shared the same interest while i was in undergrad(ID 4th stage was airing at that time)... Some of those people i still talk and kept in touch with. So car is pretty much passion and my life... with ID as bonus. I cant forget about the music.. its so energetic.. blasting it at 8am in the morning in slow moving traffic definitely get the day going.

This post has been edited by darkmist on Apr 14 2013, 07:38 PM
RedComet
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 02:19 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 40,622

I've had this discussion a few times with both my fiancee, and some other friends.

I was already a car freak from an early age (my father was into cars, Formula One, and other motor-racing). I also learned to drive from a fairly early age--I spent some time living in Brazil when I was younger, and everyone there learns fairly early, like 12-13, sometimes younger). I also did karting as a kid. But, I wound up for a long time not caring as much about cars as I did when I was young, even though I was still casually interested in them. Then when I got back into the car scene in my early 20s, I discovered Initial D. I'd already grown up with anime/manga (in addition to being part-Brazilian, part of my family is from Japan as well), so I'd heard of it before, but hadn't really paid it that much mind. We were already big fans of shows like Top Gear and Fifth Gear...

I was already sociable with a big part of my local Impreza WRX/STI scene but, Initial D took things to a new level. Both my fiancee and I liked it instantly. I wound up having to teach my fiancee how to drive manual, too. We got rid of our crossover (we bought it for the explicit purpose of hauling band equipment), got a sportier car--couldn't really afford anything too outrageous, like an STI, sadly--and immediately started tuning that car. Our next project is getting an S2k to turn into our main outlet for tuning and hooning.

Now a huge part of our lives is hanging out with other bonkers car nerds, going to local meets, checking out autoX events, the like. Initial D singlehandedly changed the entire circle of friends we hung around. It literally transformed our lives!
OkamiWind
Posted: Apr 28 2013, 07:57 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Hm, well I was a car freak when I was young. So I guess one thing Initial D did for me was expand my horizons on various car makes (Nissan lover here).

It got me into touge racing and the whole drifting thing.

Part of my GT5 garage is now devoted to Initial D cars... shrug.gif

9 Pages  « 5 6 7 8 9