Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Himika Akaneya - Stereo Sunset (Prod. AmPm)

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

35 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 82,842  ·  Replies: 861 
> [NEW] Initial D Arcade Stage 4, Latest news and updates on IDAS4
ChaosSoldier
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 01:20 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,382

?wha?
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 03:10 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

I've watched the iro battle footage on youtube....... its going to turn out like max tune where skylines rule... NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I mean holy crap the guys hitting so many walls, yet hes going faster than an average driver in an Evo would go, anmd talking about no wall penalty!!!! he's going through turns at 80+ and straights hes hitting 105+!!!
Braja
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 04:18 AM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,029

irohazaka there isnt a very huge wall penalty esp the inside wall (in other words turn early and slide along. its better than going wide and hitting the outside on the exit). other courses theres a pretty big penalty. you usually even have to drop gears and it'll take almost a whole second off your time or more.

update: k got bored today so took a vid for you guys. this is ME in one of my EVO IX cars doing a TA on akina downhill. i coulda taken some turns tighter and grabbed the gutter but still ran a 3'12"427. not eye-popping but better than average. its just to give you an idea of what its like once you get a feel for the handling of the new system

fastest time in the world (AE86 Trueno): 3'02"(i forget the odd change)
fastest time for an EVOIX: 3'08"(again forget the rest)
typical noob average time: ~3'22" (subjective)
typical experienced player time: ~3'16" (also subjective)

anyway here's the link:
Initial D Arcade Stage 4 - EVO IX - Akina downhill

enjoy

This post has been edited by Braja on Mar 5 2007, 07:20 AM
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 08:58 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

QUOTE (Braja @ Today at 4:18 AM)
irohazaka there isnt a very huge wall penalty esp the inside wall (in other words turn early and slide along. its better than going wide and hitting the outside on the exit). other courses theres a pretty big penalty. you usually even have to drop gears and it'll take almost a whole second off your time or more.

update: k got bored today so took a vid for you guys. this is ME in one of my EVO IX cars doing a TA on akina downhill. i coulda taken some turns tighter and grabbed the gutter but still ran a 3'12"427. not eye-popping but better than average. its just to give you an idea of what its like once you get a feel for the handling of the new system

anyway here's the link:

enjoy

nice tuning to your car grin2.gif anyway, besides the drifty part, is there any other differences in the game as compared to V3? ex: longer braking times, lower cornering speeds, different linings etc.
Excel
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 11:57 AM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

Nice run, Braja! Would you say the Evo IX is pretty good on Akina?
Möbius
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 04:54 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Braja @ Today at 7:18 AM)

anyway here's the link:

enjoy

Thanks for the vid, Braja...

It looks like it's a bit closer to BG3 style? wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 06:09 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Wow, looks like the list of tuner parts, aero parts companies has increased. Interesting... Is Varis a new addition to the list? http://initiald.sega.jp/ind_ac4/link01.html

and referring back to this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtO3P2atzL8

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE elaborate on how the fudge it's possible to give a car a non-stock colour? I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get a GC8V and paint it red (like my car IRL) when i start playing this game. laugh2.gif LOL, i wonder if you can choose your own shade of colour, or have to borrow stock colours from other cars... IF that's the case... The red availble on Kenji's S13 would be ideal.

I cant wait to play.

EDIT: At about 2:27 of that vid, when the Levin does a jump, you can see that they've also updated Subaru's banner. They are using the new one with the blue star emblem... pretty cool. smile.gif

EDIT again: Why is it that Mako and Sayuki are listed at the bottom of the cars list with their Sileighty... I mean... Isnt the Sileighty a Nissan? Why isnt it in the Nissan category?

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON on Mar 5 2007, 06:26 PM
wolfdemon
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 06:45 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,269

the game looks better each day , but damn it going to take so long to get to the usa crying2.gif
jinpak
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 07:28 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 23,359

nice run braja, more videos please!
Braja
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 07:54 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (Excel @ Today at 11:57 AM)
Nice run, Braja! Would you say the Evo IX is pretty good on Akina?

well the EVOIX dominates the final leg of the course. as does other 6 gear cars. theres almost no matching the top speed on the last couple turns. thats where i make my move in a non-boost race. however 5 gear cars seem to have the advantage the 1st leg. this is probably why the AE86 is the king of the course. cause you can eventually get the 11K tacho and race engine.. so you get a 5 gear car with a high top end. best of both worlds i'm assuming.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 08:00 PM

Hey Braja, can you explain the custom colour on that Levin? Also the sticker?

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON on Mar 5 2007, 08:00 PM
Phantom_R32
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 08:15 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

QUOTE (WRX DEMON @ Today at 9:09 PM)
Wow, looks like the list of tuner parts, aero parts companies has increased. Interesting... Is Varis a new addition to the list? http://initiald.sega.jp/ind_ac4/link01.html

and referring back to this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtO3P2atzL8

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE elaborate on how the fudge it's possible to give a car a non-stock colour? I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get a GC8V and paint it red (like my car IRL) when i start playing this game. laugh2.gif LOL, i wonder if you can choose your own shade of colour, or have to borrow stock colours from other cars... IF that's the case... The red availble on Kenji's S13 would be ideal.

I cant wait to play.

EDIT: At about 2:27 of that vid, when the Levin does a jump, you can see that they've also updated Subaru's banner. They are using the new one with the blue star emblem... pretty cool. smile.gif

EDIT again: Why is it that Mako and Sayuki are listed at the bottom of the cars list with their Sileighty... I mean... Isnt the Sileighty a Nissan? Why isnt it in the Nissan category?

Varis has been on the list... they made one of the Celica bodykits in the previous games.

And Braja, you said the 6spd's dominate on the last part of the course. What about some of the powerhouse 5spd's like the R32, GC8V and the other Evo's? Are they good on the last part too?

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Mar 5 2007, 08:17 PM
Braja
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 08:58 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (WRX DEMON @ Today at 8:00 PM)
Hey Braja, can you explain the custom colour on that Levin? Also the sticker?

sorry cant explain that yet. unless the color was funny on the video and it was a red one. but i'll try to investigate more for ya. but so far i havent seen color changing yet. the sticker is normal though. can pick stickers.

And Braja, you said the 6spd's dominate on the last part of the course. What about some of the powerhouse 5spd's like the R32, GC8V and the other Evo's? Are they good on the last part too?

now that you mention it they do put up more of a fight than other cars. GC8V isnt special there. i usually dont have a big problem with those on that part and even bunta. if he passes me prior to it i can always catch him there. the R32 and EVOIV are pretty good contenders though. but as long as i do small drifts (pump the gas before the apex) to keep the RPM's maxed they still arent quite as fast. many people surprisingly dont do that though. so if its a battle of a 5 spd and 6 spd who doesnt drift (they'll fall out of the powerband and sometimes even have to drop a gear) the 5spd powerhouse will win usually. as most cases it depends on the driver and if theres boost or not. sadly almost everyone in japan uses boost@.@

This post has been edited by Braja on Mar 5 2007, 09:14 PM
Mr. Shine
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 08:11 PM

Troll King

Member No.: 3,757

If you get a chance Braja, what do you think of the new WRX in the game? It sounds like 6-speed cars have a real strength in the game, so I'm considering whether it's worth starting out with something like that or to go with a regular choice...

I'm also interested in what you know of the differences between the AE86 Trueno and Levin - do they handle differently and/or have different options? I have a kind of Levin fetish at the moment so I'm leaning towards a Levin but don't want to be crippled by a poorly chosen car.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 08:33 PM

I wonder if Braja has found out more about that custom colour i asked about earlier. dribble.gif
GOSU+
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 09:35 PM

NightKid's Protege

Member No.: 22,926

ok, well so far this new game looks off the hook, eager to play it and cant wait for it, at the same time kinda sad to leave VER. 3 behind.

I was just wondering if any of like the so called "CHEAP" cars have been found out yet? for ex. like the DC2 in ver. 2 and the rx-8 in ver. 3, would there be one for Initial D 4?

p.s. the EVO IX and the new Subaru look crazy.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 09:41 PM

I'll be jumping on the new "cheap car" immediately in this game. No use wasting money on loses you know. It's all about winning. dribble.gif

J/k tongue.gif
GOSU+
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 09:51 PM

NightKid's Protege

Member No.: 22,926

if anyone finds out which car in initial d 4 will act as the DC2 of ver. 2 and the RX-8 of ver. 3, please pm me or post it up on this thread, thank you.

@WRX DEMON haha i agree, i'd jump on it too.

i've already begun deciding which cars i want, so far i want a white evo ix and a white subaru wrx sti
hngrY
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 10:01 PM

kawaii-ness? :o

Member No.: 17,471

I think its a bit early to judge since it just came out ..

if there is, it would probably be someone's opinion, but i'd still like to know lol xD
Perry
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 10:10 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Thanks for contributing everyone. I've restored the original thread. This thread will be merged with the old one. However, I could only restore the original thread up to February 23rd, 2007. Any posts made in between that date and March 4th, 2007 are lost. Estimated loss: 70 posts, 2000 page views.

* Topic Merging *
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
ChaosAngel
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 11:02 PM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

QUOTE (L1LBOXER @ Today at 9:35 PM)
ok, well so far this new game looks off the hook, eager to play it and cant wait for it, at the same time kinda sad to leave VER. 3 behind.

I was just wondering if any of like the so called "CHEAP" cars have been found out yet? for ex. like the DC2 in ver. 2 and the rx-8 in ver. 3, would there be one for Initial D 4?

p.s. the EVO IX and the new Subaru look crazy.

i think the cheap car in v4 is s2000 from what i've had.....u gotta check it with braja though....

@ Perry
gw with retreiving the original thread grin2.gif
Excel
Posted: Mar 6 2007, 11:44 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

WRX Demon - Did you look under the AE85(Itsuki Version)? It clearly shows a yellow color available...
CoastalmixX
  Posted: Mar 7 2007, 12:04 AM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

Thanks soooo much Perry for correcting my mistake.
hngrY
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 01:36 AM

kawaii-ness? :o

Member No.: 17,471

QUOTE (Excel @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM)
WRX Demon - Did you look under the AE85(Itsuki Version)? It clearly shows a yellow color available...

in that case, there should be other "new" colours available for other cars?

hmm maybe even a Black Trueno
Mr. Shine
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 04:59 AM

Troll King

Member No.: 3,757

No black Trueno, the AE86 has only the ordinary schemes avaialable. The AE85 has some nice colour options however, though no black.

35 Pages  1 2 3 4 »