Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Akogare

6 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 33,777  ·  Replies: 147 
> [FANFIC] Pressured Wings, Let those wings soar...
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 17 2013, 01:02 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Alright, about time I started this fan fiction. It's not the greatest since this is my first fan fic, well to be uploaded onto the web at least. It may be odd for the race descriptions but for reference the road used is going to be the Glendora mountain road. So yeah...by the way this story has an anime like thing on it... ie. odd hair colors in relations to us.

Edit 1: Whoops, maybe I should check there are italics before I went to sleep. Sorry people! Not gonna happen again!

Edit 2: Thanks shadow55419 for picking out some nit-picky things on my fic. Hope this clears any confusions that were not consistent as you read the fic.

Edit 3: FINALLY DONE WITH REFORMATTING THE FIC.

Disclaimer: I do not own Initial D at all. Any coincidence about the characters to real life (or anime) are purely coincidence.

Chapter 1: The Induction of Trials

Why does my mother want me to do this…Thought the driver of a bayside blue Nissan Skyline R34. It was around midnight when the R34 was sitting idly at the base of Mount Ushiroyama, the engine idly running with the moonlight reflecting off the R34. This wasn’t his first run, he has been on this trail for at least a few weeks as he would like to call it. Sighing he tapped the timer to start the process and pushed the pedal to wake up the engine from the idle state, revving the engine to the desired rpm before shifting into the next gear. Unbeknownst to the R34 was a hidden dark green Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C, shadowed by where it was, waiting for him to start off. Alright so called ‘Blue Pheonix’ let’s see how you do…

The modified STi Impreza engine roared to life as the driver slammed the accelerator into life, bring the noise to the ears of the R34 driver. It almost brought him to a panic but then calmly returned to his usual stoic facial expression. Another…wait it’s the dang Impreza again…what the heck does it want? Exhaling overdramatically, the random race was starting. The R34 quickly accelerated past the straight into the first left hairpin turn, keeping a steady speed around the corner. However the Impreza was close behind the R34, having the advantage of putting more pressure on the accelerator and exited the corner being right on the R34’s bumper. But this didn’t faze the R34, as it continued to successfully navigate the high speed s-turn while pulling away from the Impreza.

Approaching the wider right corner the R34 accelerated more, taking advantage of the ATTESA to exit the corner at a high speed. The Impreza unfortunately slowed down in order to make the turn, enlarging the distance between them. They continued past the small s turn until they came across a wider left turn and the R34 didn’t slow down, much to the Impreza’s surprise. Dammit! This again?! The Impreza driver’s green eyes shifting towards the gutter the R34 used, deciding not to emulate his tactics. Here the R34 was at least 3 seconds ahead of the Impreza as they passed the one of many s turns, until the next hairpin turn was at. But what surprised the Impreza driver was the R34 constant acceleration to the hairpin. What the…!!!

The R34 used the gutter in such a matter in which the Impreza’s driver was so shocked it almost didn’t brake in time for the hairpin. It seamlessly managed to take the right hairpin at a higher speed then it came in at, while the Impreza’s tires squealed under the tension of drifting around the corner. Her eyes were squinting at the increasing distance between her and the R34, again taking the next left hairpin at the same speed and tactic as before. She only grunted as she again pushed the Impreza to its limit screaming as it attempted to catch up to the R34, again having to brake before making the hairpin. Inside the R34 he could see off the rearview window of the Impreza lashing its way around the hairpin.

This part always gets that Impreza…his dark blue eyes closing before he sighed as he took the next hairpin right into the high speed section of the trail. However the Impreza was screeching and screaming for its life as the driver pushed her Impreza to its limits to even keep the Skyline in her sights. Eventually the Impreza finally calmed down as the R34 struggled to stay on the proper line, accidently deviating away from its intended line. Taking advantage of his mistake, she gradually accelerated until there was about a 1 second difference between the two, putting them back to almost the same as they started. Tch, that was terrible…he though, brushing his brighter blue hair to the right in an effort to remain calm. Taking the advantage of the slight under steer of the R34, the Impreza accelerated past the tighter left right s turn with ease and speed up to catch up with the R34.

With the race restored to its initial state she exhaled heavily as she relaxed herself, letting some of her purple bangs fall on her forehead. A tighter left turn forced them to both slow down and take the turn. Managing to take the inside lane, the Impreza finally overtook the R34 as they passed the next tight right turn. Finally! Now I take back what I did for so long! As she grinned with excitement the Impreza accelerated past the hairpin into another straight, but now another problem arose. Where was the R34? It was in her rearview until a while ago…then the silence of the Impreza was broken by the roar of the R34 as it fiercely caught up with the Impreza and managed to be neck and neck with it until the R34’s body shifted right then left to approach the incoming right hairpin. But how in the…? Is that car drifting?! She was so overwhelmed by the sudden acceleration that she pulled over past the hairpin and managed to see the R34 set off on its road to another victory.

“This is like what? The fifteenth time he beat me?” She yelled inside the idle Impreza, punishing herself for losing another race to the ‘Blue Phoenix’. After turning the engine off, the girl inside the car stepped outside in an attempt to calm herself down. Her shoulder length purple hair swaying with the breeze, flipping her bangs to the right side. She then kicked the ground in another attempt to calm herself down, but then fell to the ground after letting out her rage. Looking at her phone the time was about 12:08, she picked herself up before looking to the direction of the R34. “One day, I WILL find who you are. And I WILL beat you…” she stated before going back into her car and driving down hill back to her house.

“Another victory against the Impreza. This makes it…fifteen I think?” The boy spoke to the wind as he exited the R34. His neck long sapphire blue hair catching the chill of the air while moving the front of his hair to the right. He let out a long sigh before noticing the time it took him to finish the run. “About eight minutes and twelve seconds…meh.” He shrugged at the time before taking a deep inhale of the chilled night air. “I don’t know what happened Impreza, but I guarantee you one thing. I am not here cause I want to be, I would be sleeping right now if I could.” The boy then returned to the R34 before heading back down into the quiet streets past the mountain path.

Chapter 2: Separate but Similar

“Mother, I’m back…” sighed as he entered back into his house. More or less the garage really.

After getting out of the R34 an older looking female with scarlet eyes and jet black hair running down to her back, “Ah, so what was your time there Neon?” His mother asked him, he only flashed the timer to her; revealing the sub-par time in her eyes.

Sighing she only gestured him to get some sleep before class started, much to Neon’s surprise. “No lecture or something today?”

“Do you WANT a lecture boy?” his mother said giving him a cold stare. Neon took the moment to rush back into the house. Upon heading up the stairs he heard a light laughter coming from somewhere, and next to his room nevertheless. The door in which the laughter came from and revealed a girl around the same age as Neon, curly navy blue hair running down to her upper back and her bright green eyes meeting Neon’s exhausted look.

“Mother gave you a rough time brother?” She only saw him nod in agreement.

“Thankfully Airis, she didn’t give me a lecture about the possible ‘sub-par’ time I did...” Neon weakly replied before heading back into his room. Sighing Airis went onward to grab a quick drink of water before she went to sleep.

Daybreak eventually came up, overlooking the small town of Ushiroyama waking up the residents and those who tossed their bed sheets in a feeble attempt to block the sun’s morning rays. Sighing Neon got up and looked at his clock revealing the time to be 8AM, plenty of time before he had to go to school. When he washed up and dressed himself in a blue polo shirt and brown cargo pants, he went downstairs to find his sister eating some toast.

“Morning sis” Neon greeted her sister.

“Morning” she replied with the toast in her mouth, at least that’s what she thought she said. It actually came out as “mormughn”, much to Neon’s displeasure.

“Anyway sis, how is your M3 Coupe doing right now?” he started up, it was rare for them to talk about anything so either one of them took an initiative to start a conversation.

“It’s alright,” she stated after swallowing the last of her piece of toast, “still I don’t know why you decided to get off the highway racing when we moved here. I mean we were quite a formidable team back then.” Airis then sighed, reminiscing about their high school days and their attempts to be the fastest in the light of the moon.

“Ha, well you know how close I am to mom.” Neon started, “I couldn’t say no when she attempted me to get on this…touge thing. Besides, you said no right when she finished asking you remember?” Both of them ended up laughing at the memory, remembering the good times they had. “Looks like class is gonna start, let’s go.” Both of them got up and went to their respective cars, Neon to his bayside blue R34 and Airis going to her gunmetal silver M3.

After reaching the local college they both parked next to each other, a natural habit that they had. “Alright, see ya later brother!” Airis said before running off to whatever class she started with first. The local college wasn’t that big, but it was pretty prestigious in accepting those who would transfer to another college later on. Somehow they took a western approach on their academics, so they took pre-requisite classes rather than the main courses. Neon looked farther down the parking lot before he turned into the school, noticing a similar looking green Impreza…or so he thought.

Composition was Neon’s first class, and it was rather fun to say the least. It seems he had an innate ability to write…or that he had high expectations in writing.

“Alright class, now I am going to group you up with one other person. Finish what is written up on the board and that’ll do it for today.” The teacher said before randomly assigning people to each other, Neon was eventually was grouped with a purple haired girl and her green eyes closing as she sighed.

“Let’s get this over with alright?” She coldly said to Neon, giving him an unsteady feeling in his spine. “Look, you know that I have a rep-”

“I don’t care, I have a rep here as well.” Neon interrupted her sentence in a care-free manner. Her green eyes widen a bit when she realized she was with the ‘Nissan Boy’.

“Alright, fair enough. My name is Shizuko Furusawa, but call me either by my first name or Shiki alright?” Shizuko managed to say, she didn’t quite have a crush on Neon but it was more like managing to know another person in her shoes.

“As the teacher stated earlier, Neon’s the name. Neon Kurubasa…just call me Neon.” He replied back with the formality. Neon noticed her current attire, a blue t-shirt with some urban design on it and basic jeans. One thing Shiki was well known for, it was that she was probably the hottest girl on campus…as a good amount of the boys would say about her. And Neon was well known for driving Nissan sports cars, like the Fairladys and the Skyline series, and this nickname was given to him back in high school.

“Right, so shall we get this over with?” Neon asked Shizuko, she nodded as they turned their attention to the assignment at hand.

“And that should do it.” Both of them packed up their work stuff before turning the assignment in and walking out of the classroom.

“So, you got another class after this?” Shizuko asked. Neon looked to the sky and tapped his chin before replying, “Yeah got a Psychology class with Mr. Mooroka…of all people.” Shizuko giggled at Neon’s distraught face. You know…Neon isn’t a bad guy. He’s really nice. She smiled at Neon after he recovered from his slightly dramatic sigh.

“What were you giggling about?” Neon asked her, noticing her attempts to hold back any laughter.

“N-nothing. It’s just that you are quite the…what’s that word…expressive guy.” He sighed dramatically again only to have Shizuko struggle in her attempts to burst out laughing.

“You are one odd girl Shizuko…” Neon started.

“Same can be said of you Neon…” Both of them smiled at each other before Neon waved bye and ran off to his next class.

He really isn’t that bad…better than most of the guys here. Shizuko walked back to the parking area, noticing the ‘Blue Phoenix’ R34 sitting next to a M3. Her thoughts about Neon quickly dissipated as her innate anger against the Phoenix rose in response to it. After scoffing at the R34 she walked further down to her Impreza before driving off out of the campus, with the R34 being the last thing she saw before heading off.

And that ends this little section of it, I plan to update as soon as I can and maybe shell out 1-3 chapters a day...since I have nothing better to do at some days.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Nov 13 2014, 11:00 PM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: May 17 2013, 07:04 AM

The Blue Lightning

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,245

I have no comment on the story, I'll leave that to others. But I do have to state one thing: You should write the drivers' thought in Italic (easier to see) and go down to the next line after a dialogue.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 17 2013, 07:24 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Wow... You actually turned that chapter out very quickly. With some good writing too! I'm guessing you got Meteor's help? I'm looking forward to more chapters nonetheless. One thing though, your paragraphs look a little big and clunky. Cut a few of them up and make new paragraphs and it should be golden!

You starting to write is making me want to pick up my story again! Argh, why must I be so busy?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Vortrex
Posted: May 17 2013, 09:10 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

Wow, gutter run met R34! That some some mad skills.

But nice story, i liked it. And good that there was a girl in the series. Girl racers are cooler than male ones in my opinion!
Seri
Posted: May 17 2013, 09:46 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Member No.: 40,610

Maybe my Mariko could have a shot eventually? Could be interesting. Nah, I'm joking. I'm open to the idea, though.

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 17 2013, 09:53 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 7 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
Maybe my Mariko could have a shot eventually? Could be interesting. Nah, I'm joking. I'm open to the idea, though.

Sure, why not? I could use some new character ideas, since I only have a few right now. PM me what your character is like and I will incorporate it into my story somehow.

This applies to others as well, I am open to about...2-4 OC request in mines if you guys are willing to give me a description about your characters and the cars. Although I can just shut down the OC idea if I want to.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on May 17 2013, 09:54 AM
Seri
Posted: May 17 2013, 10:34 AM

Group Icon

Alright, give me about an hour.

OkamiWind
  Posted: May 17 2013, 01:02 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Chapter 3: Knowledge Isn’t Everything

“Another day complete!” Airis exclaimed after finishing her class in English. It was a long day unfortunately and she would do nothing right now but go home, relax, and watch some new anime she was entranced with.

“You could have waited at least until we hit the parking area sis…” Neon sighed as they were still in the school grounds. Airis stuck out her tongue but continued at the same pace as Neon did.

“So you heading straight home now?” Airis asked out of the blue. It wasn’t likely of her to wonder his schedule, but she was in a great mood right now. Maybe because the anime had a new episode coming out and she wanted to see how it continued.

“Nah, gonna meet up with Fujimoto-san before I head home. She had a new part that she wanted to install in the R34.” Neon replied as Airis simply nodded.

“How is she anyway? Ya know, after she dropped out and all that…” Kayo Fujimoto was responsible for introducing the Kurubasa siblings into the whole idea of racing. She was even glad to make modifications to their cars free of charge; however her love of racing came to the point in which it was better for her to drop out of high school.

“She’s fine, although she is really trying not to say all the technical crap to me. I swear she knows more racing vocabulary then basic words sometimes” Neon replied while shaking his head. Then Airis decided to throw a curveball at her lonely brother.

“Ya know…you outta get a girlfriend soon!” Airis mentioned to Neon.

“Oh my goodness sis, again? You said the same thing when I started high school! And you don’t have a boyfriend as well you idiot! Until you get one you have NO control on what I do!” Neon countered her sister’s little tease.

“Aw! C’mon! At least I attempted to ya know! You turned down at least, AT LEAST twenty five girls before! Hell even I tried to hook you up!” Airis pouted to her brother, and it was the truth. Neon was quite popular back in high school, mainly due to his cars, but he had high grades and good looks to boot.

“Anyway, see ya at home sister.” Neon entered his R34 and reversed out of the lot and into the opposite direction from home. Airis only smiled at her brother’s attempt to avoid a definitive answer, eventually getting into her car and drove off home.

“Oi, Fujimoto-san! Where are you?” Neon yelled into the garage, noticing the vacancy of the messy garage. There were two covered cars and three cars that were raised, most likely to change the suspension or something.

“WHO IS…oh, Neon-kun.” A short messy red-haired girl came out, her gray clothes covered with some soot on them. Neon only smiled and waved at his high school friend.

“So where’s that part that you said you got from Mine’s?” Kayo only smiled before going behind the covered cars and taking out the twin turbos. Neon then nodded and parked the Skyline near the entrance of her garage, then opened the hood of the car. Kayo was very efficient with the change, changing out the Nismo turbos for the Mine’s turbos.

“I hope you don’t mind, but I would like you to accompany me as I try it out.” Kayo only looked at Neon weirdly before closing her eyes and smirking, “Why not? Besides you might not like it anyway…better if I heard why you don’t like it.”

Taking the R34 to the Ushiroyama pass, Neon started to ascend the mountain like normal…but something felt…off? “Um…this is kinda weird…” Neon said as he downshifted the R34 around the larger left turn, before the three hairpin turns.

“What do you mean? It should be better than your Nismo turbo. Is it lagging?” Kayo asked Neon as he was showing visible signs of struggle as he slammed the accelerator but the usual acceleration was not there, but it was rather slow. Then the R34 accelerated very quickly, however Neon had to slow down to take the hairpin. “It’s the odd lag…I dunno why it’s there…” Neon could not continue anymore, so he pulled over.

“Lag? That’s odd, why is it doing that? I know it was installed correctly and there isn’t anything wrong with it…maybe you need to change the gear ratios…?” Kayo looked at the engine, looking intently at the turbo’s installation. It looked ok, but what was the error? The turbo should be interchangeable regardless of the engine right? Kayo then groaned loudly and scratched her head furiously in anger. Neon only put his hand on her back and commented,

“It’s alright…beside wasn’t this turbo for the 300ZX anyway? Maybe it’s the difference between the two ways they were made…” Kayo then glared at Neon and kicked the ground.

“But that isn’t the point! I have done these odd conversions so many times that you would think they were made for them! ARGH THIS IS SO ANNOYING!” She then punched Neon, lightly of course, on the shoulder to vent her anger.

“Look, let’s head back. It’s getting late and I need to head home.” Neon conforted Kayo, they both got back in and rode down the mounti-

“GOODNESS WHAT THE HELL SUBARU?!” Kayo screamed at the sight of the familiar green Impreza screaming down where they were at.

“It’s the ‘Fallen Angel’…and to think she was a nice person…” Kayo commented on the Impreza.

“Wait…you know the driver in the Impreza?” Neon questioned his mechanical friend, wanting to know who that driver is.

“Her name is Shizuko Furusawa, and we were friends until she almost killed someone doing a battle down the pass…” Kayo started…

“Hold on…I remember that weren’t you…” Neon then trailed off.

“Yes…she almost killed me. Decimated my Silvia S13 and left me with enough cuts and scrapes to make me bleed to death. It was a miracle that I am still alive…” Neon drove down the hill at a slower pace. What the…the happy odd girl in my Composition class is actually the one who almost made my old friend dead? No…but I have to believe it as well…Eventually they reached Kayo’s house, after a quick goodbye and switching the turbos Neon drove back to his house. But at a slower speed, still in denial about attributing the green Impreza to the friendly girl he just met.

Chapter 4: First Real Challenge

“Neon…are you alright? Did something happen?” Airis noticed Neon’s down casted look, she now was concerned about her brother’s mood.

“Nothing sis…but if you found out that a person you just met almost killed one of your friends…how would you react?” he replied in a depressed tone. Airis bit her lip in response and replied with a soft hug to her brother. “I’m sorry sister, but I’m gonna go on the pass immediately after I change…”

Airis released her hug before her brother dragged himself to his room. I wonder what happened, but I think I should only observe when I’m near him…

The R34 was sitting at the entrance of the mountain pass, with its driver contemplating the new information he learned. No…but why do I care? Hah! I shouldn’t be in…love…GAH! Neon scratched his head in annoyance, and slammed his head on the steering wheel. He was about to go up the hill until he saw a red car flash its high beams, catching Neon’s attention. He reluctantly got out and then met the driver of the red Toyota MR2 SW20, her crimson and sky-blue eyes meeting his dark blue eyes.

“So, you are the ‘Blue Phoenix’ huh?” said the slightly mature woman with her cappuccino-brown hair covering past her shoulders.

“Yes…so what do you want?” Neon was still in denial, but he had to toss away his emotions for the possible challenge.

“Although I’m here for some business, I was hoping to challenge the ‘Blue Phoenix’ to an uphill battle for fun.” The woman replied.

“Are you part of a group or are you just alone?” Neon asked the woman.
She then flipped the back of her hair and lightly laughed and stated, “I am Asami Itou of the Dancing Blossoms!”

What the heck? How old is this girl? Is she fifteen or something? Neon gave Asami a weird look before she noticed his expression.

“HEY! I am not that childish! That’s it, now it’s on!” Asami then furiously walked back to her MR2, Neon seeing the body was made by TRD. Neon sighed as he went back into the R34, the MR2 took a position behind the R34. Mentally counting down, they both accelerated to the first hairpin.

Heh, little does this bird know that my MR2 isn’t just all engine. It’s got a supercharger! So no matter what acceleration speed you go at, I’ll always catch up! Asami was confident; as the R34 approached the first hairpin she quickly accelerated to take advantage of the gap between the R34 and the inside and managed to quickly over take the R34.

She can take advantage of the inside? She’s good and that’s all I can say. Neon was quick to change his tactics, now following her exact line straight to the dot. Asami only gave a small ‘hmph’ as she managed to take her regular line of the next left turn and managed to pass the s turns. Neon noticed however that she quickly tapped the brakes before entering her line. Now came the first hairpin turn out of three, and for once Neon had to work to keep up with the MR2 unable to utilize the gutter due to anxiety.

CALM DOWN! You’re gonna lose like this! Neon exhaled deeply before accelerating past the MR2, instead of staying on the line that Asami had Neon locked his wheels on the left side of the run and accelerated to catch up with the fleeing MR2. Huh? Is he an idiot? Asami looked at her left and noticed the R34 oddly shifted its weight to the left. It was then that it hit her. HE’S USING THE GUTTER TECHNIQUE?! Isn’t that what…! By the time the second hairpin turn took place the MR2 had to brake hard in order to make it, throwing her line off. The R34 then fishtailed the hairpin and overtook the MR2 in one fell swoop. Asami screamed for a second before regaining her composure and continued to take her usual inside line before he again used the gutter technique to take out the third hairpin turn. Now Asami was getting frustrated, and slowly started to deviate from her inside line and took a more aggressive approach.

Now came the high speed portion, and it was needless to say the balance and the weight of the MR2 and its configuration as well as the supercharger gave the MR2 speed to catch up to the R34 and once again be on its tail. Then Asami was struck with an idea, if she could force him to deviate outside she could take advantage of the R34’s understeer to overtake and win this race. Grinning at her ingenious idea, she pressured Neon by deviating from her line on purpose. However Neon didn’t fall for the trick.

Nice try, but the many years I’ve been here taught me that’s a bad idea. Neon shook his head before the inside line in order to pass the hard left and right turns, approaching the second set of hairpins before the end. Asami then went back to her line, seeing how feinting a change in tactics wouldn’t do her any good. All she could hope for was a chance that the R34’s understeer would give her a small window of opportunity to change the situation. Hairpin one no change, hairpin two no change, hairpin three and there was enough distance to know that Asami would not win. Admiting defeat she braked hard and followed the rest of the way up to the end.

Asami sighed as she exited out the MR2 to meet up with the winner. “Good one Phoenix, guess you’re called that for a reason” she said while giving Neon a quick smile.

Neon then shook Asami’s hand and then looked out to the city. “By the way, Asami isn’t your real name is it?”

That caught her off guard, and failed to make any attempt to cover it up. “W-W-What do you mean? I-It’s my name ok?” Her face was getting flustered at his ability to see through her was true.

“Tell me your real name, I’ll probably forget the next day anyway.” Neon just sighed out.

What? Asami was confused at that statement, but gave up in the end. “Fine, my real name is Mariko Tamura.” Neon then giggled before he straight up laughed. “WHAT’S SO FUNNY?!”

“It’s that my sister is a huge fan of yours, she has a few magazines of you and even took some of your styles and clothing options. Nothing is wrong about your name, it’s just odd what my sister would’ve done if she was in my shoes.” Neon shook his head before looking at the confused Mariko, he simply waved her off before heading back down.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 13 2013, 02:17 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 17 2013, 01:23 PM

Patient Zero

Color me impressed. You must really have nothing to do if you pushed out two more chapters today. tongue.gif

This is a really really good start! I love it! Your race scenes are way better than mine. Although I found a few parts a tad bit awkward in tense and wording... It might just be me. Keep up the awesome work!

Seri
Posted: May 17 2013, 01:51 PM

Group Icon

Hmm, not bad at all. I wonder what Sayuri would think of the loss... Anyway, I think I'll like this story.

OkamiWind
  Posted: May 18 2013, 02:26 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Early morning update! NIGHT!

Chapter 5: Awkward Revelations

“Hey bro…um…” Airis was wondering how to approach Neon after his less than usual happy mood after he returned home. He managed to fake a smile to his sister before he patted her head a few times before he went up to his room. She could only sigh and hit herself on the head in her failure to pry the information out of him. The next thing she did was let her body fall unto the couch nearby and decided to flip to a random channel, like that was going to help her.

I spent all this time trying to figure out what was wrong and how I was going to talk to him…dammit…Her expression turning sour, just long enough to hear her favorite model Mariko was in town. Now inside her head she was livid, but her heart was still hurt after all. It’s pretty hard to think positive knowing that you could have helped. After hastily munching on a few chips she had brought out earlier Airis decided to go to bed.

Airis couldn’t sleep, she was worried sick about her brother. Although they were twins and Airis was the first to come out she still called Neon the elder sibling because of his normal attitude, while Airis was seen as the childish one in the family. It kept crossing her mind that he was sad about something, but what was it? What was it? What is it? Who is it? Wait, that last though made Airis spring up from her bed. She desperately tried to figure out if something catastrophic happened earlier back that would have made a revelation inside him that would made him like this.

Let’s see…the only incident I can think of in which he was worried was when Kayo was almost killed in that touge accident. He was there…back when mother was letting him drive the Z33 for a bit. Kayo had an S13 while the opponent was…ARGH! Why can’t I remember the name of the car?!

Airis threw her pillow against the window nearby, only to have it bounce back onto her bed. Looking at her clock it was about 3AM, wow…I should probably get some sleep now. But at least I made a breakthrough! That was comforting enough for her to let her mind and body drift off into a deep sleep.

Morning came and Airis didn’t have any classes today, but Neon had classes pretty much every day except the weekends. So after his brother left for his 9AM class, she silently followed him in the M3. When she arrived at school though she saw a green Impreza parked right next to her brother’s R34. This definitely raised some suspicion, upon further curiosity she decided to park about 5 spaces away and investigated the Impreza further. Sure enough just by the exterior alone she could see there were some modifications to the Impreza, a lot in the engine even though she didn’t look in under the hood. This Impreza looks odd…did Kayo race against this Impreza before? This requires a bit of stalking…

Airis was fortunate to find his brother next to a purple haired girl; she would be glad that he was finally reaching out, but something felt odd about her. Airis slowly made her way to them and was able to eavesdrop on the conversation. “So Shizuko, do you ever go to the Ushiroyama pass?”

“Yes I do, I prefer going downhill though. I think I’m more accustomed to it rather than the uphill. And by that question I would assume you go there every once in a while?” Airis heard as the girl spoke.

Airis heard Neon sigh heavily before responding, “Yes I do. But I really go there depending if I’m stressed or my mother forces me to.”

The other girl just lightly laughed at the comment, “I see, by the way have you seen a blue Nissan R34 going up and do-”

Oh my goodness great balls of fire. This was the revelation that she needed. It was coming quite clear on who the person was when he asked the question after visiting Kayo.

Rushing back home in an attempt to keep her profile nonexistent, Airis almost raced back home hoping not to see a blue R34 in her rearview. Thankfully she was safe, in fact a little too safe. Her brother didn’t appear for at least another 4 hours, making her think that she could’ve listened to the whole entire conversation before she decided to hightail it out of there. Airis smirked and sighed before deciding to go back into her room and watch something.

Shizuko was in a huge state of turmoil, why in the world would she believe something like that? She was at the top of Mount Ushiroyama, outside her Impreza and sitting on the warm ground trying to get her mind off of the devastating conversation between the driver of the Blue Phoenix.

(Flashback)

It was after their boring Math class in which Neon decided to talk to her, something she appreciated. “So Shizuko, do you ever go to the Ushiroyama pass once in a while?”

Shizuko only sighed and smirked a bit before responding “Yes I do, I prefer the going downhill though. I think I’m more accustomed to it rather than the uphill. And by that question I would assume you go there every once in a while?”

Neon sighed heavily and chuckled before responding, “Yes I do. But I really go there whether when I’m stressed or my mother forces me to.”

Shizuko just lightly laughed at the comment, “I see, by the way have you seen a blue Nissan R34 going up and down the area?”

Neon knew his response would make her either mad at him or surprised, he inhaled deeply and responded, “You are looking at the driver of the Blue Phoenix.”
Shizuko was stunned, any anger from the Blue Phoenix was instantly vanquished. Her mind running in complete circles around herself as she tried to digest this new information. Shizuko’s face gave a look of both surprise and a little bit of anger behind it.

“I…I…see, truth be told…I…I have a vendetta against you…” Shizuko stumbled on her words, feeling a giant weight crushing her frail and weakened state. Neon only sighed, closed his eyes and walked away; leaving Shizuko in a scared and frightened state…realizing the boy that she had a crush on for at least a semester was her worst enemy.

(End Flashback)

After the conversation, and being her last class of the day, she sprinted towards the Impreza and screeched off to the top of the pass. Her mind crying out while her face was suppressing newfound tears, and that’s where we find Shizuko now; suppressing her tears and trying to shake off any bad blood between them that her mind had created.

Why…why am I crying? I shouldn’t be doing this…why? Because you want to kill him.

Chapter 6: Running Beyond the Pain

All it takes is a simple nudge. Shizuko’s eyes narrowed as she heard the voice. She recognized the voice, she despised the voice, she wanted to tune out the voice, but she couldn’t. It was the voice of the ‘Fallen Angel’ and its eternal lust for something more than winning. Shizuko immediately shot up and screamed to drown it out, but all she could hear was it saying: All it takes is a simple nudge. The troubled girl wanted to rip her head off, do ANYTHING to get this voice out of his head. And what made her stop? A white Nissan GT-R R33.

The GT-R stopped and out came a beautiful young lady, her waist long hair flowing with the small vicious gust and her coffee brown eyes looking at Shizuko’s troubled state. “Um…are you ok?” The lady asked, hoping in any way to comfort the troubled driver. Shizuko instantly glared at her with what appeared to be murder in her eyes. In the next second Shizuko immediately retracted her eyes and wiped away the newly formed tears in her eyes before analyzing the slim, slightly tan female before her.

“S-Sorry…” Shizuko managed to mumble out before inhaling and exhaling the slightly chilled air. “Sorry, but who are you?”

The female only smiled and replied, “I’m Katsuko Tomoyuki, the number one driver in the Akagi Red Suns.” Shizuko looked at her, and then looked at her hands and the mess she put on them. Loose tarmac, some dirt, and tears were flushed upon her hands, she wanted to shake her hand but didn’t. “I see that you are troubled…are you ok?” Katsuko wanted to help her, but instantly regretted it as soon as her broken mind soon became a menacing aura.

“Yeah you could help me. Race me RIGHT NOW!” Shizuko’s voice was filled with hatred, and Katsuko thought she also heard a bit of a demonic tone to it as well. Heavily sighing Katsuko got in her R33 and decided to go in front of the Impreza before they set off down the pass.

After a simple left and right turn, both the highly modified Nissan and Impreza launched off the turns. After a short distance they both came across the chicane, the R33 was swift in navigating the quick left and counter steered to make the R33 roar out of the curve. The Impreza however was quick, managing to barely scratch her car and only had to turn a little bit to the right to regain her position behind the R33.

The Impreza’s good no doubt, managing to take the chicane at a high speed. But she also crashed right there as well…gonna have to pull every trick I have. Gripping harder on the R33’s steering wheel Katsuko took the first set of three hairpin turns by taking the gutter upon reaching the first one. The Impreza was quick to retaliate to that, drifting around the turn at approximately the same speed the R33 took the gutter run. Tch, she could be more troublesome then I thought!

The next hairpin and the same results came, now they were approaching a harder right turn and the R33 seamlessly took the turn by using the apex of the turn as her point of entrance and exit. But the howling Impreza managed to take the turn faster by drifting around the turn, the tires begging for their lives. The distance between them grew smaller and smaller when the final chicane came along, taking a different approach Katsuko did the gutter run and lightly pulled the hand brake in an attempt to block the Impreza’s unusually long drifts. It helped a bit since the Impreza braked for only a millisecond to make the turn. After the hard left the R33 showed its true colors after it accelerated to a high speed, leaving the Impreza to catch up the missing distance. This didn’t faze the demonic looking Shizuko though as she devilishly slammed the accelerator into making the engine scream to clean up the lost distance, before drifting around the hard right.

With the high speed portion Katsuko floored the accelerator, taking advantage of the ATTESA to make sure she didn’t go a millimeter off her intended line. At this point the Impreza was already begging for the owner to let it breathe, as the revs of the car were already near the red line. Then the next set of hairpins came up next, forcing the Impreza to slow and get its wish. But the R33 just rolled past the tight s turns before using the gutter to tackle the first and second hairpin. By this point Shizuko knew she wasn’t going to win, all she could do was...give her a nice and speedy bump.

Under the influence of the voice Shizuko drifted the hairpins at a dangerous speed, almost touching the edge of the road. The R33 approached the third hairpin at a slightly slower pace, knowing that victory was imminent. But that one second was all it took to see the Impreza come back on her rearview mirror. The Impreza was on her tail again, too close to be precise. Is she crazy? She’s going get us…the next thing Katsuko saw was a set of dark angel wings behind the Impreza, flapping as it got even closer to her. She’s…what the? The R33 was now whining as the owner was pushing her car out of the limit to escape from the fallen Impreza.

It was near the end that Katsuko thought she would end her demonic rage, even if it meant losing this race. The last hairpin, the R33 slowed down on purpose and then pulled the handbrake as soon the Impreza tried to smash the right side of the R33. Katsuko slowly saw the incoming Impreza miss her by a few centimeters before seeing the demonic girl lose whatever rage she had earlier and reveal her troubled and calm state. The R33 spun out as well as the Impreza, albeit it was only a small distance away from wrecking the Impreza. Katsuko got out of the R33 and approached the now crying girl inside the Impreza.

“Are you calm now?” Katsuko asked Shizuko. She only replied by swatting her away, Katsuko was quick enough to evade her hand. It was getting ridiculous; but Katsuko quickly dissipated any anger, exhaled and calmly opened the door. She lightly made Shizuko come out of the car before Katsuko had to back away from her next outburst.

“I almost KILLED someone! WHY ARE YOU STILL TORMENTING ME!” Shizuko screamed at the air, giving Katsuko some insight on her current state. She was reluctant to say anything, fearing that she may beat her up.

“I DON’T WANT TO KILL HIM! HE DID NOTHING! SHE DID NOTHING! STOP IT! STOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPIT STOP IT!” Shizuko’s voice now turning to shrieks of denial and rage.

Katsuko then was reluctant to stop her, first bringing up the idea of physically attacking her; but then decided to kneel next to Shizuko and calmly hugged her. “If you keep succumbing to whatever it may be, you’ll never break free. Unchain yourself and you’ll find the freedom you wished for.” Katsuko silently said to her before walking back to her R33 and driving off the pass.

Shizuko only managed to slowly pick herself up and returned to her car, sitting there wiping away her messy face before driving slowly out of the pass. The drive home was deathly quiet, and her thoughts clouding her troubled mind. She wasn’t going to sleep well, thankfully tomorrow the school was closed for the weekends. Shizuko looked once again managed to see the white R33 before turning to her way home.

Done, may not be the character you imagined Honda. But she will definitely play a key role in Shizuko's turmoil maybe make another cameo a different time I dunno now...

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 13 2013, 02:28 AM
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 19 2013, 05:11 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Chapter 7: Wrong Area at the Wrong Time

Airis was looking around the place where her brother had taken her, the start of the Ushiroyama pass. Apparently her mother and brother were talking about something last night that made Airis the focal point of something. “Tell me WHY we are here again?” Airis scoffed with anger, “You know I don’t want to do this you know! This is gonna piss me off!”

Neon only exhaled deeply before inhaling a small amount of air and replied, “Well, mother kinda…well threatened me that she’ll take all the mods off the R34 if I didn’t so this…”

REALLY mother? You threatened my brother for something I don’t like? Airis then face palmed herself at their mother’s logic.

“I only need to see if this car would be good on this hill, that’s all. Apparently you are going to spectate, so don’t worry about it.” Airis swore he saw his brother roll his eyes in tangent to her eye rolling. “Fine. Just go.”

This M3 isn’t bad per se…but it sure isn’t meant for the passes. The M3 wasn’t that bad, it took the first uphill hairpin with relative ease. The s turns weren’t the problem; in fact Neon admired the lack of the ATTESA to favor of the FR layout. The first set of hairpins came and he took the gutter as usual, admiring the way the M3 slightly fishtailed around the bends with minimal need to control the accelerator.

Neon glanced over Airis who was crossing her arms in either boredom or anger. Why mother? You know how stubborn she can get… Sighing he pressed the accelerator against the high speed section and finished the last bits of the course with relatively no problems.

“We done here?” Airis coldly asked her brother. She wasn’t ready for another trip, the G forces she felt were a little sickening but manageable. Neon only sighed as he opened the windows, letting in the slightly warmer air come in the car.

“Well…it’s almost summer huh? And once we get downhill we are finished.” Airis then exhaled and looked towards the city.

“I guess so. Sorry for being so cold towards you, I should be angry to mother shouldn’t I?” Airis looked back at Neon and gave a weak smile, Neon returned the gesture and after closing the windows they returned to their run down. But it wasn’t all that peaceful.

Out of nowhere a Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe colored orange with two white stripes running down the whole body came running past them. And not to mention Neon was already on his descent down at his touge speeds. “WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM!” Airis screamed as she saw the Viper stream past them. But then her eyes narrowed as she noticed the black wing that was on it. What? What the hell is she doing here?

“Hey sis, isn’t that the…” Neon started.

“No doubt about it, someone from the highway scene just wanted to go on here for fun.” Airis quickly finished Neon’s earlier statement, knowing full well that Viper was her most prominent enemy. “Normally I wouldn’t say things like this…but CATCH UP TO HER AND BEAT HER!”

OK SIS! WHATEVER YOU SAY! Neon only shook his head before catching up with his sister’s rival.

Being an American based car it sure is drifting quite a bit…Upon the first set of hairpins the Viper was quick to drift and slither around the first hairpin. The M3 had not drifted but retained the speed it had, using the gutter to its advantage. The second hairpin was practically a mirror of the tactics used on the first hairpin.

“Dammit brother! Catch up to her!” Airis was practically fidgeting in her car as her combined nervousness and anger. Neon only shook his head before flooring the accelerator past the high speed portion and managing to close the gap between the two cars.

Now at the second set of hairpins the Viper had to harshly brake to make the drift between the hairpins, which gave the M3 more than enough room to take over the Viper using the infamous gutter technique. It wasn’t long before the M3 was well ahead of the Viper, leaving it to go down the mountain at its own pace. Neon sighed as he pulled over the entrance of the pass, catching his breath after the eventful downhill.

“Sis, truth be told…I’m not good going downhill.” Airis then looked at her brother in such a way she thought he was an alien.

“What do you mean? You overtook the Viper in a quick fashion! Stop being so modest! A win is a win! Accept it!” She was right, but still, that Viper didn’t know the course at all; it felt like it was the Viper’s first run or something like that. It wasn’t about until three minutes later that the Viper parked next to the M3 and out came a pink haired girl with twin pigtails running only to her shoulders approached the driver of the M3.

“Ya did good. Too bad I jus’ started to go down this hill.” Her young voice filled with what would appear to be an eastern American accent. The twins looked at each other in surprise until Airis got out and met the girl.

“Are you familiar with the highway scene?” Airis questioned. This made her purple eyes widen with question.

“Ya, so what of it?” The girl replied. Airis simply glared at her for a bit before returning to the M3, signaling Neon to just get out of there. He simply waved at her before heading back home.

Chapter 8: Twin Powerhouses

It was another night with Neon and the R34, slowly approaching the beginning of the pass. He stretched and yawned, planning to make this run his very best run he can ever do. There was something in store for him, the ability to get some more sleep in and make any modifications he wanted to. His mother was already seeing his improvement in the touge and decided to let him use the R34 to whatever way he saw fit. Just as he hit the timer though, a red Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 screamed past him with the all the American horsepower it could give. AW C’MON! CAN I NOT GET A SIMPLE MOMENT IN WHICH I CAN GET A SINGLE RUN IN WITHOUT PEOPLE NOTICING ME?!

In a small bar near the Kurubasa residence, “Sheesh Kaede-san, you should lay off the alcohol for a bit” a female bartender told her crimson eyed friend. Kaede wasn’t a drinker, but was more than happy to take a few more shots for anyone.

“This is the first time I’ve drank since my children were born Tamiko-san,” Kaede replied with no change in her voice despite downing four other shots, “and at least I’m proud of one my children anyway…well in terms of racing.”

Tamiko’s sharper turquoise eyes closing in response to her child hood friend. Sighing heavily she held her hands up to her neat, short yellow hair before letting them fall onto the table. “I knew you would say something like that…I mean you already have the job of being one of the most prominent people in Nismo, and not to mention you drove your HS30 here today. I swore you trashed that car when you got married…”

“Ah, but he actually wanted me to keep it” Kaede replied in a more relaxed tone.

“Sure I was more the thrilled when you came back here, but was it really necessary to pass on your knowledge to Neon? He would be better off studying more you know…” Tamiko commented.

Kaede only glared at her friend’s response for a few seconds before slowly taking a sip from her new filled shot glass. “You kidding me? I practically taught that boy myself, and he’s becoming more and more better by the day. Shame he doesn’t want to go up and down the pass on his own, have to threaten him or force him. Damn kid.” Kaede then proceeded to inhale the next shot waiting to be drank. “And not to mention I gave him pointers every time we go up and down the place, in every car I was given to tune up.” This newfound knowledge made Tamiko give an odd look to Kaede.

“So wait…your saying he drove there when he first started middle school?” Tamiko yelled with a hint of worry.

“Very good Tamiko! Looks like your sense of reasoning is still there!” Kaede quickly responding to the disgusted bartender in a more light hearted tone, probably due to the alcohol consumed. “Yep, taught the boy how go up and down the mountain with the S13, S14, S15, and then the Z33, R32, Z34, R33, and his current car the R34. I know I brainwashed him a bit, but it turns out that Nissan cars are pretty good!” Kaede now becoming looser with her movement, the alcohol now kicking in.

“Wait…how did you make him use ALL those cars on the hill? Surely, if I’m not mistaken, they did take their cars on the highway before right?” Kaede regained her composure before briefly responded with, “I trained him with the cars I was tuning, and not mentioning that little Kayo kid gave them the damn mods needed to go fast in a straight line!” Kaede scoffed before drinking her latest shot.

This American car’s good, his line being pretty consistent despite having a light body. The R34 and the ZR1 taking the first s turn uphill, with the massive ZR1 slightly drifting around the corners before braking to full on drift the first hairpin turn. That wing must be doing wonders for the car, it’s keeping it from fully spinning out. Taking his usual line Neon was quick to overtake the first hairpin but noticed the ZR1 was still drifting the entire way up to the second hairpin. Braking for a quick second the ZR1 drifted the hairpin again, increasing the distance between the two cars. The R34 silently screeched as the tires passed along the second and third hairpin using the gutter, with the ZR1 only milliseconds ahead of him.

Tamiko sighed as she filled up another shot glass. “So anyway, what would you assess Neon’s skills anyways? Surely he isn’t you in any way shape or form.”

Kaede gagged a bit before she returned to strangely sober and calm mood. “He’s good no duh. If there’s one thing I would want him to improve on, it’s that he needs to understand the even AWD cars have their weaknesses. Especially with his Skyline obsession, the ATTESA will contribute quite a bit of under steer and will make his lines a lot harder to stay on. But that’s not to say that he can’t stay on the lines, he could stay on the lines and keep it there to. I’m just wondering when he will understand that using the handbrake to fishtail some hairpins will actually put him at a disadvantage at times. He never spun out once, but I know he’ll never learn anything until something bad happens or he loses.”

With the high speed portion Neon knew that he had to floor it to catch up with the red fleeing Corvette, giving his R34 no room to breathe as he quickly shifted from gear to gear. The harder left turn came and Neon decided to pull the handbrake to quickly pass the turn, only for the R34 to lose its balance and almost spin out. Thankfully Neon was very quick to recover from the accident and managed to hold back the R34 from crashing, but this put the distance between the two cars at a greater disadvantage. The ZR1 passing the next turn while the R34 was still trying to reach the next turn. This battle wasn’t going to be easy, and he knew that a possible loss will be imminent.

After Kaede slammed another shot glass Tamiko sighed and asked, “So you wish he used something like the Fairlady Z or something like that? Since that’s what you are getting at…”

Tamiko only stared at her friend’s solemn expression as she stared and swirled the next shot in her hand. “No, in fact it’s better for him to learn the difference between the two anyway. He isn’t stupid, as you stated it would probably be better for him to study anyway. But that’s not the point; he has an unparalleled sense of knowing the simplest tactic from drifting to gripping to even the most unique changes to a car based on their tactics. My son may not be the brightest tool in the shed at some areas, but he knows how to take an issue and counteract it even when things look impossible.”

Kaede took the shot and gulped it down, slamming it down afterwards. “I trust the kid, he’s gonna make a name for himself soon; if he hasn’t already. But it almost worries me what that green Impreza I’ve been hearing about is going to do when he screws up. And somehow I feel like it’s someone who he is slowly opening up to.”

Neon however noticed something when the ZR1 was about to pass the first hairpin of second set of hairpins. What’s up with the shiny gleam? The Corvette’s bodies are usually made of something cheap aren’t they? Like plastic or something? But without that gleam that means…That’s it. That specific ZR1 body wasn’t made of something cheap and light, it was a special made out of metal. That’s why he just didn’t feather the throttle at times and let the wheels do the work, but had to brake before making a hairpin drift.

There was more weight added onto the car, making the Corvette work harder to achieve the run he wanted. After analyzing this info the R34 revved up to catch up with the ZR1 who was just starting his unusually longer braking. Using the gutter again Neon was able to fully pass the drifting ZR1 and make it elongate his drift to avoid a near fatal accident. It was needless to say the ZR1, with all the horsepower behind it, was only able to catch up to the R34 for a bit before having to harshly brake for it to make the next drift.

Sighing the rugged looking blonde haired young man got out of the ZR1, running his hand through his unusually clean hair when he approached Neon. “You did good…truthfully I thought I was gonna smoke you” his slightly thin American accent ringing through the air. Neon only responded by shaking his hand before mentioning his revelation.

“Your Corvette, it’s not a plastic body is it?” The other guy recoiled in shock and slowly sighed before nodding a quick yes.

“I see, you know; if you upgraded your wheels to something grippier you could probably try to let the throttle handle some of the work rather than stepping on the brakes before turning in. Assuming of course your car was still lighter.” The blonde person only smacked himself in stupidity, not realizing his ‘upgrade’ mistake. “Yeah, shit, why didn’t I think of that? Thanks man, what’s your name anyway?”

“My name is Neon, yours.” Neon said as he held out his hand.

“Name is Neil, but since we are in Japan, call me Hitoshi.” They both shook hand and nodded before they went to their respective cars and drove to their respective homes.

Neon also looked at the timer, it was good in his eyes. A staggering quick seven minutes and forty four seconds, something that his mom had to be proud off. But where the heck was she?

There, done. Since finals are approaching for me I might only be able to upload maybe one two chapters in a course of a few days. Not to mention over the summer I'm working, therefore I kinda might not be able to update as much. And yes, Kaede is Neon's mother and the Bunta of this area.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 13 2013, 01:57 AM
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 20 2013, 05:51 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Got a bunch of chapters made for today. Tomorrow will probably start the inconstant amount of updates, and this is my attempts of closer character interaction.

Feel free to review it guys...it's so empty but a few people...constructive criticism please...if you can?

Chapter 9: Friends of a Feather

Airis was waiting by the entrance of a clothing shop, waiting for her friend to arrive. It wasn’t that cold but it was chilly enough for Airis to bring a jacket and make her fold her arms. Then a white Aston Martin V12 Vantage rolled up next to the gunmetal silver M3 and out came a smaller girl then Airis, a head and a half shorter at max.

“Geez, couldn’t you get here sooner Haruka? I’m freezing here!” Haruka’s only puffed her cheeks before exhaling, letting her short dark pink hair follow her head’s movements.

“Well excuuussseeee me for having to work around the house before leaving and being stuck at a red light for about five minutes!” Airis rolled her eyes as Haruka’s black eyes intently stared at her response.

“We’re here, so are we going to argue or shop?” Haruka stormed off into the clothing shop before a sighing Airis followed behind her.

“Oh I dunno about that blouse, it doesn’t suit you.” Airis commented when Haruka picked up the said piece of clothing. They were browsing through a few clothing items before Airis commented about the article in question.

“Ah? So? Is it a crime to ask to see if it works?” Haruka was quick to put back the blouse before taking whatever clothes she found to the changing rooms.

“So anyway, how’s your brother doing anyway? I heard he’s got a name on the passes, Blue Phoenix if I’m not mistaken correct?” Airis only face palmed as those words reached her ears, she shook her head before releasing the hand from her face.

“Are you STILL trying to get with my brother? Sure your sister was a little more successful but you know he doesn’t like you at all. In fact you almost scared him! I mean calling him onii-chan when you’re around him? Dear goodness I swore he was running when you appeared.” Airis replied as she shook her head.

“But…isn’t that what most guys like anyway?” Haruka questioned as she came out in a dark blue blouse covered by a lime green cardigan and a long frilly sky blue skirt.

“Hm, those colors look weird; although I would only switch the skirt. Everything else is fine. And only a select people do, I swear you watch too many of those animes where the ‘onii-chan’ person is the main love interest.” Haruka groaned a bit before going back into the room, changing her skirt for a slightly dark blue skirt of the same design.

“Can we not talk about THAT phase…worst moment in my life.” Haruka slowly replied as she looked down.

She walked back out only to have Airis nod in response of her clothing choice, “Oh yeah, MUCH better. But you still tried it throughout high school you know! That’s why I’m bringing it up!”

Haruka angrily let out a puff of air before returning to the room. Here she changed into a violet sleeveless shirt with a white number 7 on it along with a black military jacket along with black tight jeans.

“Whatever you say girl! I swear you were a bit of a…you know back in senior year. How does it look?” She stepped out of the room, only to reveal a wide eyed Airis to nod in agreement to her clothes.

“Crap, that’s good! I think I’ll steal that outfit! Now you’re just trying to guilt trip me aren’t you?” Haruka only smirked as her friend got up and went into the next changing room. After changing back into her warmer clothes, she took the same seat as Airis before she came out wearing a longer blue sundress with a green hair band with a white flower hanging on her left side of her hair. “Ha, looks good on you. You really fit the summer look more than me. And yes, I am guilt tripping you. But seriously, could you TRY to hook me back up?”

Airis sighed as she took her hair band off before going back into the room, changing her summer look for a more urban look: a long white shirt with a dark green military over shirt with black cargo pants and with a black military cap.

“Hm…that looks a little odd on you, especially the cap. You should try something else, maybe switching the shirt for something darker. The color contrast is too great, maybe something…red or purple? And you never responded back!” Haruka commented.

Airis nodded before changing her long sleeved shirt for a red long sleeved crop top and came back out responding, “No! You know he doesn’t forget a lot of stuff easily and don’t forget he is still scared of you!”

Haruka groaned in anger before noticing the young lady’s clothes. “Looks good! You should really incorporate crop tops more! But I changed you know!” Airis smiled before switching back to her clothes before going to the cashier.

“And that’ll do it. Thank you!” The female cashier smiled at the two before they returned to their cars and parked at a restaurant a few minutes away.

“Really? Cause you act and look the same since we last saw each other.” Airis breathed out when they both got out of their cars in an odd simultaneous matter. They entered into the warm restaurant in which they both seated themselves near the window looking out to the street.

“Oh haha Airis. Even though my family took a year long trip around the world, you haven’t changed much at all! You are still the childish person I know I from back in high school!” Airis rolled her eyes before the waiter came around and gave them the menus. “You aren’t starving right?”

“Nope, just something quick. I need to head back soon.” Haruka replied. Silence shortly came upon the two of them as they closely looked at what they want to get.

After receiving their orders of some clam chowder in a bread bowl for Airis and a small sandwich with a salad for Haruka, they both ate their meals. “Wow this is nice. Anyway I changed Airis, I know your brother wouldn’t mind a second chance!”

Airis blew on her chowder before putting it in her mouth, and sighed. “I think you might be too late, there is this purple haired girl who Neon is seeing anyway. I think at least…”

Haruka only choked on her salad and drank a large part of her drink before coughing profusely and then regained what little of her composure was left. “WHAT?! Onii-chan is already meeting someone?!”

Airis only slammed her head on the chowder, and that was a bad idea. The soup still hot thus Airis held the site of the pain while scrunching her face in pain. “OW! And you still say onii-chan still you creep!” Haruka face desked herself before sighing, seeing Airis recover from her earlier mistake.

“Yeah, it’s some girl in a green Spec C Impreza. She’s in one of brother’s classes, I don’t know who she is though…does any past experiences on the pass bring up someone?” Haruka only fell back in her seat, before breathing out some air.

She was one of the few high school togue racers there, being both an uphill and downhill racer. All she could remember though was a S13 and the Impreza, not enough to grab any new info for her friend. Sighing, Haruka only shook her head no. Airis only nodded in acknowledgement before laying her head on the table, looking out to the street. Haruka only looked at her friend in sadness; she seems to be in great trouble and she could do nothing to help her. The moment of sadness was broken by a buzz from Airis’s side. She reluctantly looked at her phone and sighed before placing some money down. “Gotta leave?”

Airis looked at Haruka and responded, “Yeah, gotta help with dinner today.”

Chapter 10: Rekindling the Flame

“Glad you can come today Neon!” A similar aged boy said to Neon, shaking each other’s hand and gave a small bro hug. The boy had short messy red orange hair with similar eye color, with a similar slightly messy outfit; his zipped up hoodie being a little bigger than him and wearing slightly baggy jeans.

“You haven’t changed one bit man; still good to see you haven’t changed a bit.” Neon replied after looking at his red Mitsubishi LanEvo 6 Tommi Makinen Edition.

“You haven’t been on the pass after the accident huh? It looks like the tires are still in great condition.” The boy only laughed at him at Neon’s attempt to tempt him back on the pass.

“Geez, you know me Neon, I the ‘Red Eagle’ Kiyoshi am on the pass! It’s just that it’s only the daytime in which I go. Nighttime is reserved for those who can brave it!” Neon rolled his eyes before being gestured into the arcade.

After swiping the card for a light gun shooter, Neon and Kiyoshi attacked the helpless foes that were in their line of sight. “So, how’s the college life working for you? Is it rough?” Kiyoshi questioned Neon as he was shot by the red enemy.

“Tch, got me. Yeah, it isn’t that rough. It’s probably because the curriculum is similar to the American…community college style? Or some other odd thing like that.” Neon was quick enough to kill an enemy targeting Kiyoshi and managed to also get ammo for his special guns.

“Nice save, looks like I’m losing my touch here.” Neon only shook his head before mowing down more enemies with the machine gun.

“How’s life with you anyway? After all, you didn’t go into college after we graduated and all.” Neon asked Kiyoshi, he simply looked at his friend after getting the final shot on the mini-boss.

“It’s a night thing, some technical help thing. You would be surprised on how many people call us when all they had to do was turn something on or plug in something.” Kiyoshi lazily responded, getting shot by a sudden enemy. “Dammit! That part ALWAYS gets me!” Neon only rolled his eyes as he cleaned up the screen, revealing that they were at the final boss. There were only spoken words of either help or anger between the two drivers before they managed to finish the game.

“Whew! Didn’t have a game like that for a LONG time!” Kiyoshi yelled after entering their names, showing their combined teamwork made them come in first place.

“Heh, we were quite a team back in our high school days.” Neon said after a quick smirk. They were now just strolling around the arcade, looking and spectating at random people. “But in all seriousness, what happened to you man? Weren’t you my right hand driver back before the accident?” Neon looked at his old friend with a hint of remorse.

Kiyoshi only stared back after exhaling deeply, before inhaling a lot of air and responded, “I know, hell if I knew where I would be before Kayo decided to talk to us.”

“Yeah man, it was just the four of us wrecking the hell out of that pass.” Neon smiled, gladly knowing that his old friend remembered the past.
Kiyoshi only laughed as he glanced at Neon’s oddly happy face. “Dude, you should put that face on more often! You really need a girlfriend soon; I mean I already have one!”

Neon’s face now turned sour as he rolled his eyes. “Oh my goodness, you are like my sister all over again! I don’t need a female friend right now!” Neon yelled between his teeth, holding back any anger. “But you do remember who was with us, right Kiyoshi?”

“How the hell could I ever forget them? Blood brothers man, blood brothers.” Kiyoshi said with a grin.

Neon looked to the ceiling and smiled before saying “Me, the headmaster of the little group called the Burning Wind. The R34 serving as the uphill master, while you were the one many groups tried to pass on the uphill. But they never got through, at least until that group the Sapphire Novas came through.”

Kiyoshi only shook his head and continued Neon’s little ramble, “Then there was that transfer student Toshiyuki who had a Mazda RX-8, the first downhill guy people would face, although he wasn’t the greatest he was sure damn modest. Almost took down the leader until she bumped his side. Then there was the downhill specialist, and the only girl in our team, Kayo Fujimoto and her Nissan S13 was quite a formidable member. Until that accident happened and the whole entire scene went to the shitter, every group decided to disband and Kayo was in the ER for at least three weeks until she woke up. Scared the living hell out of me, I still wish to know who that girl was. And give her something to-”

Neon then put his hand on Kiyoshi’s ranting mouth. “Dude, kids. Keep your cool.”

“Right, well anyway it was nice knowing your still around these parts. Kicking ass and taking names!” Kiyoshi grinned at Neon then slapped his back before going out of the arcade; the now cooler air hitting their skin, the fading sun giving away to the moon.

“Ha, still man. You outta come back after some time, the scene seems to be slowly reviving. I saw at least four or five other racers on the pass in the last month. It might be picking back up.” Neon said with a sly smirk.

Kiyoshi heavily sighed and finally acknowledged his friend’s attempt in bring him back into the touge. “Alright, but I need to know who was that driver was. Either do the same thing to her, or beat her. Got it?” Neon gave a warm smile before turning to the R34 and revved the engine to life and left the parking area.

Chapter 11: Inside the Pain

Shizuko screamed as she woke up from her newest nightmare. Hell was an understatement for her; in short she was in a blood bath of her victims. And there were two bodies that she can immediately recognize, Neon and Kayo. And their bodies were pierced on her arms, with their dead faces staring at her. She immediately knew that she was going to hyperventilate, and she couldn’t do anything to stop it. Shizuko immediately held her chest and fell off her bed, breathing heavily and fast. It continued for at least a minute before she could control her breathing, finally plopping herself on the ground staring at the dark ceiling. Her current attire was a mess, her tank top almost coming off from the stress and she noticed her pajama pants were completely off revealing her underwear and knew her straight hair was all over the place.

She quickly looked around her dim room, with the sun rays coming from the closed blinds being the only source of light to her shadowed room. It only took a few seconds for her to notice an emptied beer bottle, empty and still in its upright position. About the same time she noticed the bottle was the same time she realized that she was about to puke. After forcefully opening her door she stumbled around in the hallway, managing to knock down a few pictures in the process, Shizuko finally managed to go into the bathroom and immediately threw up into the toilet; her puke reeking with a small amount of alcohol, heaving a bit before emptying whatever her stomach held. In her state of confusion she accidently put her finger inside her mouth, immediately holding the toilet bowl and vomiting the last contents of her stomach.

After bending over into a fetal position Shizuko groaned in pain with hints of crying, she held her stomach as tears streamed out of her eyes. After crawling to flush the toilet she crawled out of the bathroom, struggling to get up by using anything she could. Shizuko then slowly walked to the stairs, where she fumbled down the stairs after failing to get to the second step. Shizuko then cried softly in response to the heightened pain.

“All I need is some aspirin or something…” she muttered to herself, the pain still throbbing throughout her body. After falling a second, third, fourth, fifth time until she managed to get to the medicine cabinet. Looking for the aspirin she shoveled around all the different medicines until she found the desired medicine. Opening the bottle and fumbled the bottle, spilling all the pills all over the ground. Gagging, she furiously moved her hand in order to find even one pill. She found that one pill, and swallowed it with only her spit. The pain wasn’t over, but at least she could focus properly.

After managing to find all the pills and putting back the medicine cabinet Shizuko then looked at her reflection in the mirror near the kitchen. She was not wearing anything, her nude body fully exposed to the shadows. Shizuko silently cursed herself as she managed to find her clothing on the stairs. Knowing today her parents were not going to be home at all, she decided to not wear of her fallen article of clothing. Acknowledging her burning throat, Shizuko walked straight to the fridge in which she opened a bottle of water. The cold water quenched her throat and her thirst until the water got stuck in her throat. She coughed as she spilled the contents of the water bottle all over her body, her body reacting to the sensation of cold. Shizuko then slipped in her panic and fell on her back. What she would have done for a better life.

Finally cleaning up the mess she made and restoring the kitchen to its former state Shizuko looked again at her reflection; this time looking at the scars and cuts on her shoulders and back that she inflicted on herself. It felt like yesterday in which she made these scars, and it was her fault she made those scars. Shizuko was the leader of a group of an all girl Subaru Impreza group nicknamed the Sapphire Novas. Being the leader she was responsible for the downhill battles that happened in her group. It was when she decided to challenge the Burning Wind that her life changed forever.

After a complete defeat on the uphill battles Shizuko knew that the only way to win was to decimate them on the downhill. The RX-8 put up a great fight, but she lightly tapped him before the final hairpin making him spin out. All that was left was to take down her mechanic, Kayo Fujimoto. “So, let’s have a fair fight alright?” Kayo said to Shizuko before shaking hands.

“Right, but don’t cry to me when you lose!” Kayo rolled her eyes before going inside her S13.

Shizuko revved her engine up. And the countdown started…“5,4,3,2…1. GO!” And they both took off, the Spec C taking advantage of the AWD to accelerate out of the line. It was a normal race, until the second set of three hairpins where Shizuko knew she was going to lose. So she was going to do the same thing to the RX-8, a small tap. But what came up was a full on ram right down the hill, the sounds of screaming and her S13 being crushed as it rolled down the hill. But Shizuko kept driving along, in fear of what people might say.

The night was filled with the sound of sirens as they came to the area where Kayo was at and the faint sound of screaming filling the air. One scream was from Kayo as she was slowly pried from the car as the medics and anyone willing to help her. Her screams and crying filled the mountainside air as her pain slowly became more and more intense and the other scream coming from the Furusawa household. She was in her room as she slowly cut herself on her shoulders and stabbed herself in the back. Blood was filling up her bed sheets as she continued to cut herself.

It was until she came around that she was in the hospital, noticing her group members were worried sick about her. “I’m done with this…go. I’m done with this damn group of Novas.” The now ex-members were confused at her commands. “ARE YOU ALL DEAF? I’M DONE WITH THE SHAPPIRE NOVAS! ALL OF YOU GET OUT NOW!” Then all the girls scurried out of the room, leaving Shizuko to cry in her own.

“It’s been so long…and that’s how my anger against Neon’s R34 came to be.” Shizuko spoke to herself, no one hearing her story. She also remembered one more detail, her attempt of suicide. After being released from the hospital two weeks later, she finally knew Kayo was in a critical condition. She couldn’t handle it anymore; she had to atone for her sins.

She started from the top and accelerated downhill until she came across the area where she rammed Kayo. It was so close but the engine immediately shut down, leaving Shizuko to slam her accelerator in response to the sudden stop. And that was when she heard the voice: you are born to end those who oppose you. I am you, and you are me. Shizuko tried all she can to resist something intruding her head, but it failed as her body did a quick shake before her mind went blank. And she wept.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Sep 9 2013, 09:53 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 20 2013, 07:18 PM

Patient Zero

I don't even know how you're doing this so quickly. I can't even read everything that you're posting up because you're writing so fast! I don't really have time to proofread. But that doesn't really matter because everything that you have up is great! I'm impressed that you managed to squeeze Katsuko into your story and I'm looking forward to how everything will play out from here. I know you have finals coming up so take a hiatus. Trust me, you'll need it. laugh2.gif
shadow55419
Posted: May 20 2013, 08:26 PM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Member No.: 39,000

getting into the interesting bits now. can't wait to see more about whats going on in Shizuko's head, and what she might do if she ever raced Neon or Kayo again. or if Kiyoshi found out Neon was....i guess its semi dating the girl that wrecked Kayo.
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 21 2013, 11:37 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Almost done with this arc, yep arc. Gonna pick this back up either when i'm done working over the summer or update this weekly. Anyway enjoy!

Chapter 12: Catching up with the Past

It was a very strange cold day, making Haruka shiver as she exited her V12 Vantage. Other than her house she saw a fairly young looking woman putting her left foot on the wall. She wore a simple white dress shirt, with the first two buttons unbuttoned along with a longer dress skirt. Haruka rolled her eyes as she immediately recognized the woman; it was her taller twin sister Haruko. The reason why the young girl was rolling her eyes was due to the fact that she was smoking. Haruka approached her sister with a faint exhale her violet eyes staring at Haruko.

“It sure is strange to be back again huh?” Haruko said, seeing the younger twin approach her and emulating the same stance as her. She exhaled her smoke, her waist long long raven black hair flowing with the sudden breeze. Haruka only shivered as the breeze blew past the odd looking twins.

“You should stop you know, I know you are a bit sad that Neon-” Haruka started as she was interrupted as Haruko furiously punched at the younger girl’s face, missing her head by a few centimeters.

“SHUT UP. At least I was able to get a few DATES with him, unlike your feeble attempts.” Haruko yelled as she stared down her sister.

Haruko only shook her head as her sister deeply inhaled her cigarette, letting the effect of it overtake her mind as she tried to forget that moment. Airis lied when she said Neon didn’t have a girlfriend, in fact he had one girlfriend: Haruko. Neon was strangely attracted to her in high school, her unusually mature looks was the major factor. And it was true; they had a few dates back when Neon was driving one of his mother’s projects, an R33. They were surprisingly very compatible, to the point where most people considered them inseparable. It went on for about a year until Neon broke up with her, problems rising in terms of Haruko’s end. Even to this day she regrets ever doing something like that.

“But you have to admit, wasn’t Neon the greatest guy you ever saw?” Haruka asked with an unusual smile, Haruko only smiled as she closed her eyes. She still remembers his warm arms and his lively smile, as if he was still next to her right now.

“Yeah, he was the best boyfriend a girl could ever have. He was never harsh or mean, and he was a great listener too.” Haruko finished her cigarette, tossing it to the side before smothering the flame.

The younger twin exhaled her breath, not wanting to inhale the cigarette smoke. “Seriously though nee-san, you didn’t have to resort to smoking after he broke up with you.”

“Maybe but then again, this is my first smoke since we got back from the trip and I still look the same as ever.” Haruka sighed as her sister gave an excuse.

“But that still doesn’t allow you to smoke after that time, sure you managed to get off smoking a half pack; but you need to stop COMPLETELY. I’m sure that if Neon saw you like this he wouldn’t want to hang around you.” Haruko only bit her bottom lip as she pictured the possible moment. It didn’t end well in this case, and Haruko only exhaled before going to her car.

“You’re going to drive at this time?” Haruka asked. Haruko weakly gave her sister a small wave before going in her Ferrari F430 Italia. She fired up the engine, revving it up and took off, leaving a dumbfounded Haruka to enter her house.

Haruka entered her room with a cup of coffee at hand and fired up the computer. She looked at her past records of races, the Steel Revolution, Burning Winds, The 2000 Stars, and other groups who took the pass. Haruka was the unofficial coordinator of the touge scene when it was more robust. Since her friend mentioned the green Spec C Impreza Haruka was looking in all the past records of such races or groups that had a green Spec C.

Her search had been unfruitful for the past two days, deciding to look at the first recorded race to the last one. There were many incidents in the past similar to the crash, and she was desperate to find a common pattern. But there was no pattern, a few that repeated themselves were a LanEvo X, a Subaru GC8, a Jaguar XKR, and a 1964 Chevrolet Stingray. But that was the notorious group known as the Reaper’s Collectors; their tactics were way too aggressive to consider themselves racers. She drank a large gulp to awaken her senses as she continued to search for the green Impreza. It was then she came across a certain group name, the Sapphire Novas.

It was then she came across their leader Shizuko Furusawa and her car, a green Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C. She looked at her previous races, an undefeated downhill racer. She had quite a rep, being well known for turning the situation around when it looked impossible. Shizuko and Neon had similar tactics as well, but of course in terms of their specialty. And she looked at the last ever recorded race, winner Spec C Impreza. Reason: ramming the S13 down the mountain. Haruka gasped as she frantically dialed up her friend, “Airis, the green Impreza…the driver is…”

Chapter 13: Again

“I have a bad feeling about today brother…” Airis was feeling skeptical about today for some reason. She was starting to worry about her brother’s recent escapades on the pass, observing that her mother was issuing less ‘threats’ and ‘forces’. It was dinner time at the Kurubasa household, the television emitting noises from whatever was on.

“Since when did you care about your brother so much Airis?” Kaede asked her daughter taking a drink of water. She only looked at her mother with worried eyes and replicated the same look to Neon, wondering why they were being so care free today.

“I’m begging you brother. Do. Not. Go. Today. Please, I feel like you’re going to be in a lot of pain…” Airis replied after her random act of clairvoyance sensing Neon’s future pain.

Neon only rolled his dark blue eyes before responding with, “What did you become today? A physic? C’mon sister, I’ve been on the pass since middle school. I know every tactic, bump, and turn the pass has to offer. So have faith in me today.” Neon said before taking his clean plates to the sink. Kaede gave a small smile to Airis.

But what came out next was something that she would never say. “WELL DON’T BLAME ME IF YOU END UP LIKE KAYO OR END UP IN A WORSE CONDITION THEN HER!” She screamed at his foolish brother’s idiocy. Airis then sprinted up the stairs and forcefully slammed her door, leaving the new and old racers to be shocked about what just happened. After giving each other a look of worry, Neon took the keys to his R34 and set off to the pass.

What’s up with her today? Neon shook his head as he continued to the start of the pass, not knowing what Airis was saying. Instead of just going up the hill in a trial run, he pulled over and hid himself in order to analyze what her sister said. ‘A lot of pain’? So is he going to crash for once? ‘Worse condition then Kayo’? The words her sister screamed into his mind were trying to be processed, but nothing was coming up. He only groaned in his annoyance, almost deciding to actually respect her sister’s request. It wasn’t until a certain green Impreza came up to the R34, Neon’s mood now unknown. It was Shizuko Furusawa, the ‘Fallen Angel’ as they say here and she was the ex-leader of the Sapphire Novas.

“How come I didn’t notice the similarities between now and then? You were…an interesting character back then.” Neon started after a long stare.

“I wish I didn’t bump her,” Shizuko replied now looking down in her guilt. Her green eyes closing as tears were slowly forming in her eyes. What she would have said was replaced with small heaves of air as her tears started to become a whimper. Neon only closed his eyes and decided to embrace the crying girl. Her arms now closed onto Neon’s chest, in attempts of wiping her tears with her arms. Shizuko then abruptly stopped her crying and shook a little bit, making Neon release his hug and stare at the shivering girl. What the heck? What’s going on?

“Please…Neon…run, please. Before I…” her cries going unheard as Neon stalled in fear. It was until a few seconds later did he see a dark side of her, her eyes gleaming in his fear and her sadness now a devilish grin.

“Come Neon, let’s end this bad blood RIGHT NOW!” Shizuko screamed now walking to her Spec C, Neon now regretting the idea of coming here. He reluctantly got into the R34 as both their cars revved up to life, the Impreza deciding to take the lead.

The now less sane Shizuko was different then what Neon faced a while ago, her tactics and style changing into a very aggressive one. ‘Shizuko’ took the first hairpin at alarmingly fast pace, forcing Neon to hesitate if he should take his usual line or follow her same tactics. It seemed as if the Impreza never knew how to brake at all, as it took the next turns without giving the car the chance to slow down at all. This is so much different the before…as if the spirit of the car is possessing her. Neon only clicked his tongue as he proceeded to take the same line as the Impreza, with the changes to his style with the ATTESA system now becoming more troublesome than ever.

Inside the deathly silent Kurubasa household Kaede finished up cleaning up the plates before going up to her daughter’s room, Airis curled up in a fetal position on her bed. She sighed softly before going to Airis’s side and slowly petted her head, in any attempt in giving her comfort.

“Airis, what’s the matter? You know your brother is going to be fine, I know it” Kaede’s voice trying to break through her daughter’s ears. Airis only threw her pillow at her mother, giving her a look of either worry or anger.

She then threw herself at her mother’s arms, Airis’s tears and cries muffled by her mother’s chest. “You don’t know what may happen mom! It’s not as simple as Neon going to the pass and coming back. I feel like that he may die today! It’s all that damn girl’s fault, why did she have to appear in his life now?!”

Back at the Ushiroyama skirmish the racers were approaching the first set of three hairpin turns, and the Impreza took no chance of taking the slow path. She took advantage of the entire turn to take the hairpin at an incredible speed, the tires taking the stress of the drift. Neon was now worried; even with his gutter technique the space between them was slowing opening up to Shiuzko’s favor, the once two car length distance opening to a greater and greater three and a half car lengths. Shizuko knew inside that this wasn’t her driving but her mind was telling her otherwise and struggled to regain her innocent behavior before the demons inside of her took control of her hands.

“‘That girl’? Airis, what the hell are you talking about?” Kaede asked now slightly glaring at her daughter’s still crying body.

“I know who that green Impreza was now! It’s that girl who almost killed Kayo, you know the one who was in the terrible accident in her S13? It was Shizuko Furusawa! The leader of that group the Sapphire Novas.” Her outburst slowly turned into a whimpers. Now it was Kaede’s turn to worry about her son now, she held her daughter tighter as she cried even louder.

“Oh my goodness, why does everything I do end up in someone close getting terribly hurt?” Kaede whispered as she cursed the air. Airis now fell to her bed and slowly started to fall into a slight sleep, mumbling “Neon, please be safe” over and over. Her motherly instincts acting, Kaede was quick to head to the garage and tried to start her old HS30.

The high speed portion was the only place Neon could catch up, taking advantage of his mother’s tuning as he revved the engine to its max. Shizuko’s devilish eyes only looked at the rearview mirror before she scoffed as she involuntarily took the sharp left with the use of the gutter. Dammit! She took the turn with the gutter? I don’t know if I should just hightail it back home now…and thus the second set of hairpins came up. Needless to say the Impreza flew past the three hairpins, the tires now fading toward their last legs. All the R34 could do was attempt to catch up to her, and it was a near feeble attempt. The Impreza made a quick U-turn at the chicane before heading to the downhill, and something caught Neon eyes as the Impreza came zooming past him. That aura…whoever is watching me. Please protect me now…The dark angel wings again showed itself, flapping past Neon. He took the U-turn and accelerated to try and catch the Impreza.

“Dammit you stupid 240! Start up already!” The HS30 would not start up, Kaede now cursing the car every second it wouldn’t start was a second closer to her son’s possible death.

“C’mon! I had you since I was in high school! I can’t lose my son at a moment like this! Respond to me!” The HS30 revved to life, the old newly yet rebuilt engine waking up from its slumber. Kaede was quick to go through a pre-check sequence she always did, only taking about thirty seconds. After pressing the accelerator, Kaede was quick to put the gear in reverse and head out to the pass. But it wasn’t so easy though, an accident happened on the way to the pass and delayed her trip to the pass. “NO! WHY NOW! WHY NOW?!”

The difference of skill between the two drivers on the downhill part was almost night and day. Shizuko’s Impreza accelerated past the three hairpins as if she was turning in three easy turns, but the R34 was quick to brake and attempt his gutter runs. And in the high speed portion the Impreza was already in the middle of it while the R34 was exiting the third hairpin. I lost already…but might was well try to catch up…but in his surprise Shizuko’s car waited for him to catch up, slowly waiting for her next victim. She accelerated right past the now ahead R34 as they approached the final set of hairpin turns, with the devilish Shizuko grinning at her plan. A simple ram is what she thought, and at the tighter s turn was her point of attack. Right as the R34 was about to take the gutter the Impreza slammed the right side of the R34, sending it down the hill.

Neon could only hope for the best as his car rolled down hill as he closed his eyes. He only grunted as the shock of the rolls impacted his body. Shizuko grinned devilishly one last time, I am done here. Her mind becoming light for a second, giving her a sense of happiness as the voice felt like it left. But it was very short lived, her memories of ramming Neon down the hill ran back into her. Oh no….ohnoohnoohnohonoohno!

“OH NO!” Shizuko screamed as she went past the next two hairpins only to find a destroyed R34 on its roof. She quickly left her car and looked inside the windows for Neon. A noise was heard inside the R34 as a foot pierced the window, as Neon crawled out of there. Shizuko was relieved that he was not dead, but her face quickly turned sour as Neon stared at her. He wasn’t mad at all, in fact his face was almost…smiling? Shizuko was quick to leave the scene in her Impreza, fearing that he was putting up a façade.

“Well at least you coulda gave me a ride down…” Neon said as he shook his head.

Kaede was moving uphill when she saw a green Impreza jetting out of the pass, a purple haired girl having fear in her eyes. She ignored the Impreza and moved past the few turns before finding her son sitting next to the destroyed R34. Her eyes filled with tears as she parked her car before embracing her son tightly. “Thank God, thank God…” Kaede whispered as she held her confused son.

“Um…are you ok mom? This isn’t like you at all…” Neon asked, his face looking at her mother in confusion. She only repeated what she said earlier as she held her son a little too tight. “Mother…squeezing…me…ack!”

Kaede was quick on the draw to release her son, smiling at him. “So…what do we do about the R34? And…I’m sorry…” Neon was ready for a scolding, but instead she noticed her mother calling someone.

“Yes, yeah. He’s fine, nothing major. I know right? Hah…I gonna get him home. See ya.” She put her phone away and Neon sat down in her mother’s old HS30. At least Kaede would sleep well tonight.

“So who was that mom?” Neon asked her smiling mother.

“It was a friend of mine who’ll get the R34 out of there. I should be mad for trashing a very expensive car, but I’m just so happy that anger cannot override it.” Kaede responded to her lucky son, smiling as she returned her head to the road. Neon only looked at his left arm, where a superficial cut was showing. A little band aid and it’ll be gone at the most two days. He only sighed as he looked out the window, wondering where Shizuko disappeared to. They eventually got home where Airis was waiting at the door leading into the house. When his brother got out of the car, her sister ran to her brother and hugged her with the same intensity as their mother earlier. Needless to say he was suffocating.

“So tell me Airis…how did you find out about this Shizuko person?” The girls of the Kurubasa household were talking at the dinner table after Neon was sent upstairs to sleep.

Airis closed her eyes and exhaled before responding, “You remember a few days ago when I met up with Haruka? I asked her if she knew anyone in a green Spec C Impreza, it was safe to say that she didn’t remember anyone. But just before dinner she called me up and explained who that person was.”

Airis folded her hand and placed her elbows on the table before resting her chin on her hands, “Shizuko Furusawa, the ex-leader of the all girl Subaru Impreza group called the Sapphire Novas. From what she heard recently was that the ex-leader was in a mentally unstable state, but only in bursts. Apparently it was to the point where she was starting to hear a voice telling her to knock off other racers off the pass in efforts to kill them. I would feel sorry for her if that damn bitch wasn’t so close to Neon!” Airis raised her voice and slammed her right fist at the table, as if to indirectly punch Shizuko. Kaede only fell back on her chair before looking up and sighing, she shook her head and decided to sleep. So I was right…why is it that what I say can affect something else I don’t want to happen…

Chapter 14: Reborn and Rebirth

Neon was stuck in his room as he silently played something on his computer. Since the crash happened only a few days, his mother gave her a simple punishment of being grounded in his room. Simple really, cause today was the last day. After closing the game Neon heard his cell phone ring, a familiar number appearing on the screen and picked up the call. “Hey Kiyoshi, what’s up?”

He heard a sigh of relief, “Man Neon, after I heard that your R34 got smashed by that damn bitch I thought you were in the ER. Didn’t think about calling till now.”

Neon chuckled a bit before responding, “Naw man, still alive and kicking, and the only injury I got was a small cut on my arm that’s already gone.”

Kiyoshi slowly started laughing, Neon quick behind his laughter. “Wanted to see if you were alright. See ya.” He heard a small click before putting down his phone.

“Neon! Could you come down here real quick?” his mother’s voice called out to him.

“Be there in a sec!” Was all he responded as he exited his room, wondering what his mother wanted. Neon approached his mother as she was sitting down at the couch, “Yes mother?”

“I wanted to let you know I saw your best time. And to say this,” Kaede inhaled a little bit before continuing on, “If you want any car…I’ll buy it for you.”

Neon’s eyes opened wider in response. He swore he was going to get scolded, but she smiled a bit before asking, “Unless you already have something ready to go. Knowing you and Kayo…”

He only nodded his head as he simply responded with, “Yeah, I was just waiting for you to let me go to pick it up.” Kaede smiled as she signaled Neon to get out of the house. He hugged his mother before he called a certain mechanic.

“About time you got out! I swear you were stuck in there like you were critically injured!” Kayo said as Neon entered her newest car.

“A Lamborghini Gallardo? You sure you don’t want that NSX you dreamed about?” Neon asked the mechanic.

Kayo put the Gallardo into drive before responding, “Yeah, but a client of mine didn’t want to pay me in cash. So why not take a car in trade for a tune up? Worth it I think.”

Neon only shook his head as he listened to the Italian made V10 engine. “You made any changes to the car?”

“Nope, the power is pretty much there. But I did do some suspension work to make a little more in my favor.” Kayo responded as she stepped on the accelerator.

They both got to Kayo’s house, where she opened the garage door; revealing the same messy garage as usual. “Is it done?” Neon questioned as they approached the covered car.

“Yep, even managed to fully balance the engine like you asked, oddly enough it was pretty simple.” Kayo responded before putting her hands on the veil. “You ready?”

“Why the dramatic intro?” Neon questioned as he rolled his eyes.

Kayo shook her head, “Why not?” And she then unveiled the hidden car.

The blue Toyota 86 GT was exposed to their eyes, the car giving a more unique appearance due to the Tom’s body kit. The ultramarine blue was shining at them, the entire car ready to go. “Got the carbon fiber hood like you asked, as well as that GT wing. This thing is gonna be one hell of a stable car, although I thought the uphill was your specialty.” Kayo asked Neon, looking at his smirking face. He didn’t respond as he entered the car and turned on the engine, noticing the upgraded boxer engine giving a more powerful sound. He grinned at the sound while Kayo rolled her eyes.

“It is, but with the upgrades you put on it, it’s gonna make even the best R34 person think about what to do next!” Neon exclaimed as he grasped his hands around the steering wheel. “Well, you gonna take it up for a run?” “I guess you wanna join eh? You have that smirk again…” Kayo nodded before entering in the car.

“It’s amazing!” The GT was great, mostly because of its FR layout and the lack of the ATTESA system. It took the first hairpin with relatively no problem whatsoever, the new tires screeching a little bit. The 86 took the next turns with relative ease, the power accelerating with the increased tempo of the course. As it reached the first set of hairpins the 86 took the hairpins on the curve at record speeds, in Neon’s book anyway.

“I can’t explain how good this is! All thanks to the beautiful mechanic Kayo!” She looked away and furiously blushed before the high speed portion came and the GT just flew threw past the section, pulling the turns with no effort. The 86 GT was quick to take the sharp turns, and managed to take the next set of hairpin with the same velocity as the first set.

“Whew, man that was fast” Neon said as he opened the windows, letting the warm air inside the car.

"Well, since you did pay for a nice amount of the upgrades. Can…I do something?” Kayo asked as she looked at Neon with a small blush on her face.

“Hm? Um…sure.” Kayo then pecked Neon on his cheek, making his face blush the same shade as Kayo.

“You already know I joined the Burning Winds to get closer to you…and you knew I had a crush on you. Guess I wanted to try something…we all have to move on at some point. I knew I haven’t yet, but now I can.” Neon could only smile at her as he returned a peck on the cheek.

“Sure, I knew you did. But now it’s time to move on. For the both of us.” Kayo closed her eyes and nodded in response. The ride down was silent, but both of them felt like a moderate weight was lifted off.

In the Furusawa house, Shizuko was eating with her family. Shizuko ate a slower pace, her mind tuning out whatever her mother and father were talking about. It was one of the few days where the family could sit down and eat together, Shizuko really didn’t care.

“Mom, Dad…where the heck is my car?” That was the thing on Shizuko’s mind, her Spec C was gone from the garage as she wanted to drive today.

“Ah, well we got rid of it since a friend of ours wanted the car. Not to mention he was willing to pay a hefty price for it.” Shizuko only rolled her eyes as she heard this, groaning slightly at the thought of the car being gone. But maybe it was for the better, cause the next bit of news was surprising.

“So in exchange for the Spec C we got you the WRX STi 5 door you wanted. Whatever you do with it is whatever you want to do with it.” Shizuko almost dropped her utensils as she ran out of the house and into the garage. The 5 door was sitting right there, in the middle of two new cars. There was no work done on it, but hell she had an eye for this thing for a while. Shizuko slowly smiled as she knew what she was going to do after her parents were away. And it was going to be fun…

After her parents were done eating and left for a business trip Shizuko immediately took some parts out of a drawer in the garage. She managed to make enough changes to the engine to extract at least the same power as a Cosworth CS400. Even though she didn’t have to do all the work alone, it was about time she did some of her own tuning. Now came the harder part, how the heck was she gonna paint the car green? Blue wasn’t her color at all, and she thought of a person she knew for a place she can go to…

“Haruko? It’s been a while…” Shizuko said to the phone.

“Ah Shizuko Furusawa…since you called me I assume your Spec C is gone?” Haruko said with an unique tone.

She only smiled and responded with, “Yes, it’s out of my life. I think my mind is a lot clearer now, so you remember what we discussed yes?”

Haruko gave a small chuckle and said, “Yeah, paint the car green and finish up any tuning you screwed up with. Yep, just bring it to the place I will text you… and glad to see that you feel better as well. Good bye.” Shizuko got into the 5 door as she started the engine, it gave an off an odd noise since the tuning was a bit faulty in her tuning. Regardless it was still drivable and Shizuko went to the area her friend mentioned.

After a few hours of waiting the 5 door was ready, Shizuko got in the car and fired up the finished engine. The engine gave a definite roar as it was brought to life, putting a smile on her face. Shizuko wanted to put this new 5 door into the mountain pass, but she heard a small voice…and it muttered something…like it was trying to give her a name. “CS400? What the hell? This ain’t the Cogsworth…or whatever it’s called.” Shizuko sighed as she made her way to the mountain in the newly colored CS400…or whatever it wanted to call itself.

“That feels so much better” Shizuko said after going down the pass, taking the curves at a much faster pace. The lighter weight of the CS400 and the increased horsepower of the new engine made the car pass the first set of hairpins swiftly. In the high speed portion Shizuko had to actually control her foot in an attempt to control her speed, and she never had to do that before. The second set also being very easy, taking the hairpins with relative easiness.

“Holy…did I just take the gutter?” Shizuko asked as she noticed the car took the final hairpin with almost no effort at all.

“Hah…I think I can face him now…” Shizuko said, staring at the road to the city. She felt better about herself, the voice wasn’t there anymore, and she finally got a new car. Shizuko immediately took out her cell phone and texted a message to Haruko.

“Do you still have your ex-boyfriend’s number? Can you text him this…?”

And the last battle of the arc is gonna be next. Before any on you ask, I managed to shell out these chapters in quick succession was due to the decreased workload of approaching final...and the fact I gave up playing video games for writing. So yeah, hope you like it.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 13 2013, 01:42 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 21 2013, 11:48 PM

Patient Zero

So with my powers of reading and skimming I was able to read all that in like 6 minutes. I don't see any glaring errors so whoever is helping you with the technical and stylistic edits deserves much praise! *looks at shadow55419*

I see that you're getting better with the character interactions and dialogue! Keep up the awesome work and be sure to finish this arc out with a bang! I hope Katsuko appears in the next arc! I'm interested in how she'll play a hand in the story. *raises fist* Shebetterbeimportant... tongue.gif
shadow55419
Posted: May 21 2013, 11:59 PM

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 11 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
So with my powers of reading and skimming I was able to read all that in like 6 minutes. I don't see any glaring errors so whoever is helping you with the technical and stylistic edits deserves much praise! *looks at shadow55419*

facepalm.gif not doing THAT much.

Okami, keep it up the race is well done, can't wait to see what you do with Akari in the next arc.
8M6_celica
Posted: May 22 2013, 07:05 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,461

Just reading this quickly, but the snippets I've skimmed trough seem pretty awesome! I'm looking forward to reading this a lot more in-depth when summer school is over...lol. I love the use of so many different cars (Corvette, Viper, etc.) Keep up the good work!
OkamiWind
  Posted: May 22 2013, 10:06 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Well, the final chapter before I go off to work/finish my finals. I hope you enjoy this little arc. I will try to make omakes in attempt to keep my writing in check, but don't count on it.

Chapter 15: The Phoenix versus The Angel

“I hope he got it…” Haruko whispered as she stood outside her F430, waiting at the base of the Ushiroyama pass. She was surprised to see her old classmate giving her an odd request. Text your ex that I want to face him on the pass…and tell him it’s to end the feud. Haruko wished she was around the scene more, the words were foreign to her as she relayed the message to a long lost number. It was then she looked ahead of her she noticed a blue 86 GT approach her, and out came a familiar face.

“I got the message Haruko…it has been a while huh?” Neon asked the young lady. Haruko’s heart was beating fast, but she took a deep breath before approaching her ex-boyfriend. Sensing her anxiety Neon hugged Haruko, she only responded with a slight smile as she returned the hug.

They both let go as Neon looked out to the street, waiting for another car to appear. “But Haruko, tell me this: Did you regret ever killing her?” Haruko bit her lower lip before her right hand came up to her mouth and bit the top of her thumb. It wasn’t her fault per se, but she had a huge amount of innate strength. She closed her eyes in remembrance of the event.

*Flashback*

It was a winter day, snow slowly falling on the R33 containing a couple. It was after school and Neon and Haruko were sitting silently as they watched the snow silently fall around the car. Haruko snuck a quick kiss to Neon before he returned the gesture of love. They both smiled and Neon started the engine in an attempt to warm it up. They didn’t say anything to each other, it was just enough for them to be near each other to know their affections for each other.

“Hey, could you go up the pass today? I would love to see you in action again.” Haruko asked her boyfriend, knowing that he would say yes. Neon nodded his head before revving the engine and heading to the pass.

It was a normal run, albeit the snow was making a large difference in the handling of the car. They reached the top and once Neon silenced the engine they both got out of the R33 and admired the view up on the top of the mountain. However they weren’t the only ones there as another girl appeared and managed to cover Neon’s mouth with something as he fell to the ground.

Haruko managed to hold the girl’s neck and throw her before she could do anything to Haruko, the other girl was about to swing her knife as Haruko managed to grab her arm and disarm the knife in an effort to nullify any more harm. Haruko then got on top of her and proceeded to punch her out, before finally putting her hands around the other girl’s head as she quickly twisted the head. She heard a definite snap, something Haruko didn’t want to do. Neon was quick to wake up as he witnessed his girlfriend effectively ending another person’s life. Needless to say there was a heavy mood on the way down.

*End Flashback*

And she became lonely after a few weeks later. Neon knew that the accidental death was giving Haruko hell inside her mind even to this very day. He sighed and put his right hand on her shoulder, “I know you didn’t mean to do it, and I think that we should’ve been more careful that day, but if it helps, my emotions on the day I broke up with you were in a total state of panic. I wish I could take back the things I said to you, and let me say this at least…I thought you were a brave girl that day.” Neon said, looking at the troubled Haruko.

He then proceeded to firmly kiss Haruko; a final kiss that Neon did, as to indirectly tell her it’s ok to move on. Haruko eyes teared up as his lips touched her lips, memories of the past flooding her mind. Haruko broke the kiss, feeling it wasn’t right to do this. Neon understood though, placing his hands on her shoulders. Haruko smiled at her ex as she nodded in acknowledgment of his forgiveness. “But there is one I cannot do Haruko, and I cannot abolish your sins. You should know that as well, but I just wanted to reiterate that.”

It was when Neon let go of Haruko that a green Impreza 5 door was approached the two of them. Shizuko knew that the two of them had a thing in the past, but decided to not break the moment. She exited the car and looked at Neon, his eyes showing a hint of happiness. Shizuko only looked away and approached the two, steeling herself for the next battle.

“So, you know what to do right Haruko? And you explained the rules to Neon right?” Shizuko said as she stopped at the two.

Haruko blinked as she was caught in her moment of happiness, “Ahahaha…oops I’ll tell him right away.” Shizuko let out a small grunt before entering her CS400, letting her emotions for Neon slowly numb her mind for a bit.

“L-Like Shizuko said, there are a few rules on this battle. For one this will be an uphill and downhill battle, with either requirement representing a win. If you or Shizuko pass the uphill point with at least a two second lead the winner is decided, and if that does not happen the winner is decided by the one who passes the start line first. Simple, right?” Haruko said semi-formally.

Neon simply nodded before heading to the 5 door and tapped the window, Shizuko opened her window and looked at the now serious Neon. “May the best racer win…and afterwards is it alright if I talk to you alone?” Shizuko shook his hand before analyzing what he said, her heartbeat started to get faster. They both lined up next to each other before Haruko started the countdown, the newly reborn Phoenix and the Risen Angel taking off the line.

“Ugh, so tell me again WHY we are here?” a rough looking man said to a certain long haired female. Her coffee-brown eyes overlooking the Ushiroyama pass, anticipating the next battle ahead.

“Because we need to analyze the two of them before we think about challenging them, plus I want to see how the Impreza girl is doing anyway.” She quickly responded, knowing that the man next to him was hoping to go home and do something other than spectate a race.

“Whatever you say Katsuko, I didn’t much sleep last night and I would love to be in my bed right now.” He said with an obvious tone of anger.

Katsuko rolled her eyes and glared at the man, “In case you forgot Tokoji, we need to make sure that we know who we are dealing with, and I might put you to race the 86 GT. So pay attention you…ARGH!” Katsuko screamed at Tokoji, his soft blue eyes narrowing in fear. He paid attention to the leader as he smoothed back his slick near black hair and looked at the battle ahead.

The CS400 was quick off the line, using the AWD to its advantage while the 86 GT had a little tire spin before it took off at a reduced velocity. They both took the first hairpin at an even faster speed then their fifteenth battle a while back. It wasn’t long before the CS400 took a sizable lead of a car length as it sped through the slightly curvy roads as before the harsher left turn in which she took a slightly larger lead, giving her the win if she could keep this lead up. The curvy roads were not a problem for either car as they slipped through them before hitting the first set of hairpin turns. Noticing Shizuko was not taking the gutter, Neon accelerated to the gutter before tapping the brake and accelerating through the first hairpin, but Shizuko grinned because she knew his old tactic. She let go of the accelerator and over steered the CS400 causing the 86 GT to immediately brake before an accident could happen. She’s improving! Not bad, I might have to do something new!

“So Airis…you do know why I brought you here right?” Haruka and Airis were at a small hill at the middle of the high speed section. Airis glared at her friend before looking away.

“Come on, you know…you could have said no. But you came here in order to look over your bother right?” Airis rolled her eyes, her previous attitude still prominent. Airis then looked at the road, looking at the M3 as it sat quite a distance away from the street.

“My brother almost died you know. I want to know who to watch out for before I start my little time here. She needs to pay for what she did…” Airis mumbled in anger, Haruka only sighed as she looked towards the sound of the two racers.

The next hairpin produced similar results, as Neon barely took the gutter as he emulated the same line as Shizuko. She questioned why he did that as he took the exact same line at the same exact speed, only to have him quickly take the gutter and tighten the distance between the two cars. It was the high speed portion in which the distance between the two cars got even closer, the weight difference between the two cars showing in terms of acceleration. The sharp left forced the CS400 to brake a bit more than the 86 GT who simply tapped the brakes as he drifted past the left with ease, the sharp right showing the same results. Shizuko knew that this battle would prolong into the downhill section and it was at that point in which she would accelerate past the 86 GT.

“It sure has been a while since we last talked like this hasn’t it.” Kayo said to Kiyoshi, who were past the uphill point of the pass.

“Indeed it has; still glad to see you still up and fixing cars.” Kiyoshi responded to his old friend’s statement. Kayo only looked to the sky as she closed her eyes and listened to the noise the cars made.

“The Impreza has good tuning, maybe a little bit over revving. And my tuned 86 GT is perfect for these roads, enough acceleration to match a AWD car and still turn like a cat…um…yeah” Kayo opened her eyes as Kiyoshi gave her a very odd stare.

“THAT was the weirdest analogy I EVER heard. You need to find more examples soon. Anyway, how’s the T.M? You looked at it before we came up here.” Kiyoshi asked.

Kayo only chuckled and responded, “Yes I did, and everything is just as it was back in high school. But your tires seem a little too clean, no trace of wearing. Are you sure you only come here in the mornings?”

Kiyoshi sighed as he looked to the ground, “No, truth be told I was scared to come go back. And my girlfriend wanted me to stay away for some time, and today was the first day of her little embargo.”

Now it was Kayo’s turn to look at Kiyoshi weird, “You know that applies to countries who want to block trade right? And you say I need to find a better example.”

Now came the second set of hairpins, and the 86 GT was right behind the CS400. The 86 GT quickly took the first hairpin at a faster speed and managed to overtake Shizuko. However the CS400 was quick to follow Neon’s same exact line, even to the gutter. She’s getting better and I can’t seem to shake her…I want to win…but it seems impossible from here on out…Neon sighed heavily as the CS400 was quick to follow the 86 GT, the GT’s tires screeching under the increased stress. Shizuko’s perception of time seemed to slow down for a second as she saw Neon’s GT slowly turn into the final hairpin, taking account of the way the tires moved and the body shift. Although she didn’t know how to do the gutter run earlier Shizuko now knew what to do, and finish her streak of losses.

“So it seems she is better…” Katusko whispered to herself before wacthing at the two cars passed the chicane and speed out of their sight. Tokoji yawned as he looked closely at the 86 GT, trying to analyze the driver’s tactics and style. He was trying his best to stay awake, his eyes slowly dropping every so often.

“Oi, Tokoji stay awake. Did you see the way both of them took the first gutter?” Katsuko asked her friend, looking away as she tried to hide a blush.

“Yeah yeah, he’s pretty good…or she or whatever. Looks like they know what they’re doing though.” Tokoji responded with a loud yawn right afterwards. Katusko rolled her eyes as she stood up and turned to Tokoji, she was about to say something but noticed the he knocked out. Katsuko scratched her head in anger, knowing that he wouldn’t wake up for a little bit. She sighed before looking back at the pass, hearing the loud squeal of tires as she assumed they made a U-turn.

The downhill section came upon them, the uphill having Shizuko’s CS400 behind the 86 GT by only its rear end. (BGM Yesterday by CHerry) Shizuko closed her eyes and gave out a small but fast breath as they past the few first turns at a lower speed before they both accelerated past the final turn, both cars giving their all as they were pushed to their own limits. The chicane was no problem to either car as they simply passed the chicane, then the first set of hairpins came again. Neon tapped the brakes of the GT as he entered the gutter while Shizuko just let go of the accelerator as she took the gutter as well. She now knows the gutter run, but why do I feel like this isn’t ending a feud rather than a…Neon’s mind was confused for a bit, only to notice his opponent was already ahead of him. He silently cursed his moment of lapse and accelerated to catch up with the CS400.

“So how do you assess your brother’s skills anyway Airis?” Haruka asked the still angry Airis, who knows what she was thinking at the moment she saw the 5 door Impreza.

“My brother is good. He will beat that son of a bitch Shizuko…I know it.” Airis responded with malice in her voice. Haruka only sighed as she looked towards the sound of the two cars.

She didn’t know what to say at the moment, it was now a personal grudge over something that Airis would not let go; but the only thing she could do now was try to temper her anger before the prominent battle. I only hope Airis doesn’t do anything drastic during the battle…I hope for Shizuko’s safety more than Airis’s safety…

The high speed part approached and gravity seemed to favor the more nimble 86 GT as it seemed to gain a unique burst of speed as the GT got closer to the CS400. Shizuko looked at her rearview window as the now slightly farther 86 was now closer to her, closing the gap she took advantage of. Sighing heavily Shizuko came across the s turns before the next set of hairpin turns, sliding past the turns in quick succession. The 86 GT also took the turns at the same velocity, albeit with a little bit of tire squeal. Taking the gutter again, the CS400 took the hairpin at a high speed and the 86 GT took the same tactic. However the slightly closer distance of the hairpins made the 86 GT enter and exit the turns at an increased speed. Now Shizuko knew it was going to be close, and she wanted to keep this clean.

“Let me ask you a question Kiyoshi, who do you think will win?” Kayo asked her old friend, noticing his eyes squinting at the city.

“I think whoever is in the 5 door is gonna win, the driver seems more adept in the downhill.” Kiyoshi said with a defeated sigh.

The girl only sighed as she looked to the sky, “So you to huh? There’s something about the Impreza and the driver of it…like the driver shed something off…and became free of something.”

Kiyoshi chucked at his friend’s response, earning him a moderate punch on the arm. “OW! You have more strength then you think you have! But Neon ain’t gonna win this time…”

Kiyoshi took a very deep breath, exhaling as he heard the tires squeal into the night air. “So, you gonna hit the sack after they’re done?”

“Yep, for once I am done with my tunings. Plus I don’t need to do anything else tonight. I plan in sleep into next week.” Kayo replied as she stretched her arms to the sky.

The third hairpin turn came and they were both close, the CS400 taking the helm of the race. Again the 86 GT was quick at the next succession of turns, almost passing the CS400. In an attempt to secure a win the CS400 widen the gap between the 86 GT and brake checked him, causing the 86 GT to harshly brake before the CS400 took the final hairpin. Sly tactic, but at least she won pretty much fairly…she learned a lot. And thus ended the Fallen Angel’s losing streak, and stopped the Blue Phoenix’s winning streak. Neon however kept accelerating past the start, the CS400 well ahead of it; in an attempt to catch the winner. Needless to say, this left a confused Haruko to ponder where the heck they were going.

The 86 GT appeared in Shizuko’s line of vision, and Neon seemed to gesture to follow him. After about few minutes later the 86 GT parked at what seemed to be a park. Shizuko questioned why Neon brought her here, but got out of the car regardless. She noticed Neon was acting rather weird; his care-free attitude was replaced by a little anxiety and nervousness. It wasn’t until he managed to look at her in which she saw a noticeable blush covering his face.

“Um…well…I-I was hoping to talk to you…about some stuff.” Shizuko smiled as she followed Neon to a bench not too far from their meeting point. He’s really troubled isn’t he? But I would be lying to myself if I didn’t have a thing for him…

“Well…is it ok to be kinda blunt?” Neon slowly asked after sitting down on the bench.

Shizuko followed suit and replied with, “Sure, what is it?”
Neon looked to the sky before exhaling deeply. “I didn’t know why but…I think I have feelings for you and in a similar fashion…” Neon took an odd ten seconds before continuing, “of…love. I don’t know why…but I want to protect you or some other thing like that…” Neon’s face became incredibly red, almost fire red.

Shizuko only chucked at the boy’s attempt at love, then she grabbed Neon’s hand. “I…have feelings of love to you also. I think it stemmed from our Composition class when we first met. I kept saying to myself ‘He’s just another lucky guy’ but the longer and longer I hang out with you; my heart was telling me otherwise. It was love it told me, but I couldn’t swallow it. Then the race came, and it was at that moment my heart and mind felt numb for you.” Neon was about to say something before Shizuko gave the lonely boy a hug.

“So…is it possible that…could we start dating?” Neon asked the question, the word dating taking a few seconds to come out. Shizuko’s green eyes almost teared up as the words reached her ears.

“Yes I would, but I have to admit. You are going to be my first boyfriend…but can I do something to solidify our relationship?” Neon looked at the teary eyes girl as her face came close to his face, their lips touching with a soft kiss. Their faces were red with a heavy blush, but they both felt like nothing could separate them. And in the very next second their lips touched again, their love for each other manifesting in a long kiss. And the Fallen Angel felt her wings soar along with the Phoenix’s risen body.

End of Arc: The Redemption of the Fallen Angel

“So, you think the pass is gonna be lively again?”

“Oh yeah, I know there are gonna be a lot of races from here on out. By the way, when is your LFA going to be complete?”

“Very soon, and I would like some revenge as well…”

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 13 2013, 01:30 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 23 2013, 07:03 AM

Patient Zero

Dang son. That ending was really good. I don't even know how you... I mean... It was... Phew... You have gotten so much better in the span of like less than a week. You've also been able to churn out so many chapters in such a short period of time... You be cray cray! Keep up the awesome work though. Looking forward to more of your stuff soon!

OkamiWind
  Posted: Jun 17 2013, 12:04 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Omake 1 is here. All the Omakes I make could be considered part of the story and will be varied. This one will just focus on the two mains and the overall tone in this one is a little bit lighthearted. Also, shadow55419 unless it's a GLARING grammar mistake I don't want to have someone look over the thing. Trying to see if I can find my own mistakes from time to time.

Omake 1: Their First Time

Neon was nervous inside his mother’s fully tuned Fairlady Z Z33, his hand shaking a bit as he slowly approached a certain household. Well, why is he nervous? He is about to go on his first date in a while and not to mention it’s with his new girlfriend Shizuko. It was only a few days into their relationship and well…Shizuko was a little awkward with their love. She kinda didn’t want people to know about their relationship and that was fine, but the odd part is when she would get too close to Neon. She would sometimes jump a bit every time SHE would attempt to hold his hand, accidently would lightly hit Neon when he tried to put his arm over her shoulders, and sometimes she would just push Neon away when she would put her arm around Neon. Needless to say Shizuko made this little relationship odd for them…more or less Neon at least.

Shizuko was nearly ready to go on their date but she was debating between a black zip down hoodie or a dark gray cardigan. She was wearing a sky blue collared shirt some tight beige cargo pants and is going to wear some black sneakers, and was now deciding on which article of clothing she would wear…I would like to wear this new cardigan, but I’m used to the hoodie…and not to mention today is rather nice…decisions decisions…Frowning at her current predicament, she ultimately decided to wear the hoodie to adapt a more tomboyish look. She nodded at her getup and proceeded to exit her house with the first thing she saw was a white Z33.

“So your mother gave you permission to use that?” She said to the driver inside, “I would think she would not trust you after…that.” Neon only smiled and shook his head before getting out and opening the door for the girl.

“Well she wanted to get something ready and wanted to get some time in the engine, so she allowed me to use this. After you.” Shizuko only giggled as she entered into the car, Neon smiled as he closed the door and got into his seat before driving off.

“This amusement park you said…it’s a bit of a drive isn’t it?” Shizuko said as they were entering on the highway.

“Yeah it is, but it could be worse. I mean a twenty minute drive isn’t going to kill you right? And it’s a good place…I heard anyway.” Neon replied as he lightly pushed the accelerator. It was about twenty-five minutes away, so they spent a bit of time getting to know each other a bit better. But there was one thing that Neon well…kinda lost his attention at. Holy heck…her chest…BADBADBAD! It seemed that Shizuko somewhat let her chest…more exposed? Lowered? More prominent? Something along those lines at least and all that Neon could do is drive forward…without looking and thinking about…stuff.

“Oh…so this is the place. It’s actually pretty cool!” The park was pretty average in terms of size, maybe a little bit on the larger side. There were at least 3 coasters that could be seen, the larger ones at least.

They exited the Z33 and Shizuko was quick to hold on Neon’s left arm, hugging it before she said, “Well then, shall we go? Since people won’t be here that we know of, I’ll put more self-control in my actions! So…yeah.” Neon smiled and lessened up his previous tension before walking to the entrance. They both managed to get to the entrance and got their tickets rather smoothly probably due to the fact that there were fewer amount of people today. Which was odd since it was a Sunday.

“Seems that we are lucky today huh? Great day!” Shizuko exclaimed, her apparent happiness showing in the terms of her voice. Neon could only look at the girl before patting her head, only to have Shizuko giggle in the action. He only rolled his eyes as they got past the security checkpoint, both of them having no bag whatsoever. Then they were greeted with the sights of the park, noting that they were at a fork that leads them deeper into the park.

“So which way do you want to go? I mean there is virtually no one here, so…” Neon asked the excited girl.

“Um…let’s go to the right. I think some of the higher end intensity rides are there.” And they made their way to the right of the fork.

Unfortunately Shizuko was wrong since they came across the water part of the park. Log rides, water rides, and some odd raft ride around something were the things they saw. “Wrong Shizuko…this place will get us wet or drenched of we are not careful.” Neon grumbled. Shizuko only puffed her cheeks as she looked around, carefully noting the odd raft ride.

“Let’s go back and head to the left path, cause it should make sense…” So they both went back and went to the opposite path, and they were at the right place. Hanging coasters and steel coasters were prominent here, Shizuko and Neon smiled at each other before going on the nearest coaster.

“The ‘Iron Warrior’? What type of name is that Neon? It’s almost stupid…” Shizuko muttered.

“How would I know Shizuko? It’s what they named it or whatever…” Neon complied as he rolled his eyes.

The queue was short, maybe five minutes if Shizuko would stop pulling Neon to EVERY turn that was supposed to be there if the line was longer. “My arm…how long have you been holding on to it for?” Neon complained at he made an impromptu massage on his arm.

“Since we got out of the car…and before you ask, yes I wonder how the heck we got past the checkpoint with me on your arm.” Shizuko replied to the imminent question. He only sighed as they both were waiting for their turn.

“Wow, this is kinda cramped.”

“Are you sure this is safe? I mean we are really close…”

“But we are already at this step so why not go all the way?”

“Maybe, but if something happens it’s all on you alright?”

“Yeah yeah…now hold still.” If you were thinking something dirty, go bash your head on your desk. The car they were in was really tight and the space between them was almost as large as a strand of hair. At least there was plenty of leg space to move about. Why they didn’t use the leg space for something like more body room? Who knows. But they were comfortable…at least they thought so. The ride overall was pretty simple, a few amount of turns after a fairly small drop. They didn’t feel like this was intense, but a good warm up at least; and they were glad to get off the ride.

“Anyway so what next?” Neon asked the still ecstatic girl, if not more pumped due to the small adrenaline created from the ride.

“Oh! That one! The hanging one that’s over there.” Shizuko pointed farther down and revealed the largest coaster there, a hanging one that had quite a large amount of turns, loops, and twists.

“Alright, shame that it looks like the most intense thing here. But oh well, let’s go!” Neon explained now this time pulling Shizuko, a nice change of pace for the both of them.

“Oh that’s large!”

“It really isn’t much. But I’m sure we’ll have some fun.”

“Really? Cause it looks like it’ll be more fun for you then it is for me…”

"C’mon now you’re thinking second thoughts? You thought of this idea!”

“I know…but let’s hope it isn’t painful…”

“Since when did a ride like this become painful? I know there are a few isolated incidents in which it may hurt, but those were rare and people made sure to check it after the incident.” Gutter minds, STOP. After waiting for an extended ten minutes they were on the ride, and Shizuko’s stomach decided to go to her head as she was regretting to go on this now slightly intense ride. Shizuko only sighed as they were checked for their safety. And needless to say…Shizuko well…“GET ME OFF THIS THING! IT’S NOT FUN AT ALL! OH GOD!”

“That was fun Shizuko! But…are you alright?” Neon said as they were exiting the ride, with Shizuko somewhat shaky on the way out. Thankfully there was a nearby bench and they both sat down, Shizuko’s breathing slowly calming down.

“Sure is a nice day for spring isn’t it? The temperature is just right ain’t it?” Neon said to break the odd silence. He only sighed as they both looked at the sky, the sun giving its warmth to the couple. Shizuko then tilted her head left as she rested on Neon’s shoulder, feeling better since the ride. They both looked at each other before he pressed his lips on her forehead, her face smiling with the action.

“Alright…I think I feel better. Can we grab something to eat though? We just came here and I didn’t eat breakfast…” Neon got up and offered his hand to the sitting girl, she smiled and took the gesture up.

“Hm…so what should we get…” Neon said as they both went around the area, there weren’t that many food stands in the area. Shizuko looked around before she tugged at Neon’s arm, leading him to some sort of hot dog stand.

“Here huh? Very well then…” Thus they ordered some hot dogs, Neon’s in some sort of American style while Shizuko was a simple one topped off with ketchup and mustard. It was simple but they both enjoyed it, and it oddly filled them up fully. Which was odd since Neon would have at least five hot dogs before even considering being full, and Shizuko is about the same but at four. Why is Neon looking at Shizuko weirdly again?

“AH! I knew this would happen eventually…” The toppings were staining themselves on Shizuko’s shirt…yeah her shirt. And it very visible where her chest was…again…

WHY THERE? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME FLUSTERED WORLD?! CAUSES IF YOU ARE YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB AT IT. Neon’s face was flushed red when he stared at her chest…again…and had to force himself to look away.

“Neon, can you…wait that’ll look weird. But at least give me some wet napkins or something like that…” He was quick to comply and immediately shot up to get the required items.

“Here.” Neon quickly grumbled as he handed the wet paper towels to Shizuko. She nodded and quickly took them and wiped down the stains, only to have them be smeared even more on her shirt.

“Dammit and I just washed this one as well…” She only sighed as Shizuko looked at Neon’s…flustered face.

“Oh? Are you thinking naughty things? Heh, never took you for that type of guy you know…” Shizuko commented on her boyfriend’s state. His face only got more flustered his face now a cherry red color. He only walked away as Shizuko was left giggling in her place. Thankfully after a quick breather Neon’s face became normal again.

“So what now?” Neon and Shizuko were sitting on a bench near the entrance of a ride. They practically went through all the other rides on this part of the park, thanks to the ridiculously short wait times for them. Like it was really ridiculous, for example the max wait for a ride was only fifteen minutes. And that was only because they were walking at a very slow pace.

“I don’t know…but I think we should head to the water area, it’s kinda warming up a bit…” They both nodded at each other before heading off towards that section of the park.

“Man I wanna go home now…” They both said in an odd unison. They somehow managed to get on ALL the rides in the park in a matter of A FEW HOURS. I mean ALL OF THEM. The sad part was that they didn’t even get at least a cup of water on them, on ALL the water rides.

“Well…this park was very underwhelming to say the least. Why did mother recommend me here again…” Neon mumbled to himself, Shizuko actually thought the same thing albeit the mother part.

“Hey, let’s just get outta here…I mean the sun’s is not even down yet…what time is it?” Shizuko said as she looked at her phone.

“It’s only 5PM…ugh, let’s head to the park or something…” They both just nodded before going back to the Z33. Oh don’t get me wrong, Shizuko had a nice time but today’s lack of events made today boring.

Shizuko yawned in the car, stretching her arms during the yawn. Neon just sighed as he continued on the highway feeling a slight amount of sleep overcoming him…until a blue Civic EK9 sped by them. “AH!” Shizuko screamed as the EK9 flew past them, the air of the speeding EK9 lightly moving the Z33.

“Huh, so the Free Cycle is here…” Neon mused to the air as his eyes narrowed at the EK9.

“What? The Free Cycle? Who’s that?” Shizuko asked the driver, Neon’s eyes opening to the question.

“Oh right I never told you about my past huh? Well I was a highway racer back in the day, I think it was called the Wagan…? I forgot the name of the highway.”

Shizuko only mouthed a simple ‘oh’ before slumping back in her seat. “Care for a display?”

“Sure, why not.” Neon sighed as he prepared the Z33.

Neon slammed the accelerator of the Z33 as the modified engine roared to catch up to the blue EK9. The traffic was mild so there was no need to worry about pressing the brakes unless a major turn was next. The EK9 acknowledged the challenge and also sped up its good lead and increasing it to a substantial lead. Neon only smirked and switched up the gears to the fifth gear, letting the engine rev a bit past the red line before noticing a small beep from his phone.

“Um…does that mean a cop is nearby?” Shizuko looked at Neon worried, knowing his law abiding ways.

“Crap, hold on tight for a quick second.” Neon said as he lightly slammed his brakes, shifting down as the speed decreased leaving the speeding EK9 to deal with a hidden cop.

“Oh, good luck escaping a GT-R R35 man…” Shizuko spoke to the EK9 as the GT-R’s sirens went off, the distance between the two rapidly decreased.

“Escaped that one…man I never had to deal with cops back then…” Neon sighed as he continued at a law abiding pace.

“So, how’s that for a display Shiki-san?” Neon said as they both got out of the car and into the local arcade.

“Good, still would have wanted to see you outrun him…but another time yes?” Shizuko asked with a faint smile. Neon only smirked and replied,

“Maybe, maybe. So what did you want to do here anyway?” I mean she DID ask to go the arcade JUST as they exited the freeway.

“I wanted this thing sssssooooo badly, but I can never get the tickets needed to get it…I was hoping…” Shizuko mumbled off, leaving a faint blush on her face.

Neon slowly smiled as he put his arm around her waist. “Sure, just leave it to me. I know a few tricks to get a couple of tickets.”

“Eh? This one? I am SO not lucky with this…” Shizuko looked at the machine. It was one on those ticket machines that you had to drop the ball into a hole to get tickets or something like that.

“Yep, you know I got jackpot on this thing at least 10 times right? And I think I have 5000 tickets on my card…and by 10 I mean a little more than that…” Neon said, Shizuko raising her eye in response.

“Uh huh, sure. Show me or its all lies.” Neon sighed as he swiped Shizuko’s card and he waited for the right moment, he pressed the button and it went into the jackpot hole. Needless to say Shizuko’s jaw just dropped.

“See? I told ya, now let me get it another time.” He swiped three more times and proceeded to wait. First ball only got 50 tickets and the second ball managed to get the drop ball bonus, and it was at 8. Shizuko only stared at her boyfriend as he looked at the machine and just yawned. The jackpot was in yet again, and managed to get REALLY lucky with the machine. The other 7 balls managed to total about 100 tickets.

“Alright one last one…” Neon shook his head and just hit the button…and he hit the monster jackpot of 20,000. Neon only opened his eyes as he simply just said, “Huh, luck must really like us.” Shizuko only squeezed her boyfriend as they saw the tickets flow in.

“Well…maybe we didn’t get enough tickets for the item, but you have to only grab about 1000 more anyway.” Neon said to Shizuko. They played a little more ticket games before just goofing around in the arcade. And Neon learned more about Shizuko in this moment then the amusement park. She happened to be quite a gamer: shooters, racing, RPGs, and other various titles. And truth be told, he wanted to have a gamer girlfriend.

He smiled as they approached the Z33 once again, it was night time and Shizuko needed to get home soon. “Thank you and we should just head close by for the next date huh?”

“Unless we are going to somewhere a little farther than yeah we should.” Neon replied as he started up the Z33’s engine.

“Well, that was fun at least.” Shizuko said as she exited the car, leaning at the open driver’s window. Neon only smiled at the girl before he looked at how she was leaning ov-BAD MIND BAD!

Neon had to close his eyes for a second before responding, “Yeah it was, well it was nice not having you not hurting me…like what do they call it…a tsundere…or something like that.” Shizuko only sighed before giving Neon a deep kiss on his lips. Neon was surprised at first but he simply got absorbed in it until he felt his right hand being guided to…

“Don’t think I didn’t notice your eyes looking somewhere this whole time. And yes, I usually bind these a little bit.” Shizuko said with an obvious grin on her face, Neon just quickly pulled his hand away before driving out of there.

“Heh, he’s a cute one when he’s flustered.”

There, this'll do it. Does anyone want to put a few ideas into my head? I kinda don't have anything right now and my head is a little filled with work and all that. I do have only two requirements about the ideas if you wish to put something in my head: It must be either DURING the first arc somewhere OR DURING the summer time. Fall is when the second arc starts so yeah.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 13 2013, 01:24 AM
shadow55419
Posted: Jun 17 2013, 12:39 AM

did pretty good, not shocking to see Neon staring like a typical idiot guy tongue.gif

P.S. message received and understood.

This post has been edited by shadow55419 on Jun 17 2013, 12:52 AM
OkamiWind
  Posted: Jun 21 2013, 12:38 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Omake numero dos. This one is a bit different, this time looking back in their past in one day in high school. I will make some notes after the story just in case your confused about the timeline of this and its relevance to the events in the main story.

Omake 2: In the Past

It was another morning in Ushiroyama with Neon struggling to get up. Normally he would be up without any problems but today was an odd case, blame videogames. Groaning, he accidently rolled out of bed and fell down face first. “Just my morning luck…” he stated as he got off from the ground.

“Hey bro? You alright?” A young feminine voice asked from the other side of his bedroom door.

“Yep. Just got outta bed weird…and I think my neck is stiff…” Neon replied. He lightly massaged his left part of his neck with the same side arm. Exhaling he managed to change into his uniform and exited the room.

“Morning everyone” Neon said to the other three occupants in the dining room. Airis smiled at him, Kaede just looked at him and nodded, and his father just sipped his coffee. Neon sighed as he knew that the family wasn’t necessarily close and each person had their own respective things to worry about. He simply took his seat and muttered something before he ate. It was silent…sadly. Airis just finished up her meal before going to the door and got her shoes on. Neon didn’t finish his meal but followed the same suit as her sister.

“Silent today huh?” Airis whispered to her brother, Neon could only nod as he finally got his shoes on.

“We’re heading out…” the twins replied as they left the house. No response…

“Well it probably didn’t help that they were fighting again…” Airis said after getting on the bus to their school. Neon only sighed as he slumped into the inner most seat and his sister kindly sat at the outer seat.

“Man, how many times did they fight already…” Neon asked as he stared into the ceiling, Airis only held up the number five as her brother only eyed her hand. The bus stopped another time and more students came on, leaving Neon to sigh again.

Until a certain raven haired girl came in and sat behind Neon, she only smirked before putting his arms around Neon’s neck. “Morning” the girl whispered in an oddly seductive way.

“Was that really necessary Haruko? But morning anyway…” He replied, acknowledging her attempt to wake him up. “Where’s your sister anyway? Isn’t she usually with you?”

Haruko let go of Neon and sat back in her chair. “She had class duties or something like that today, so you can sleep comfortably for today.” Neon only smiled before slumping himself to sleep.

“Bro, we are here.” Airis shook Neon awake as the bus slowly stopped at the stop. He only stretched out before getting up, yawning as he got out of the bus. Haruko attached herself to his left should as she left the bus herself.

“Well I need to help out with some stuff with the Archery club so I’ll leave you two alone. See ya in class!” Airis said to the two of them before running off to school. Neon and Haruko waved at her as she went farther and farther away.

“She’s always active huh? Only if we were more active…” Haruko said to Neon.
He only gave her a weird look and replied with, “Well at least we are not fat…” Haruko only laughed lightly as they took their own pace to school.

“Hey you two, still attached as ever huh?” A red haired girl said to the couple as they entered the school entrance, Haruko only smiled as she replied, “Well good morning to you to Kayo.”

Kayo only ruffled her hair a bit before walking into the school with them. Then out of the blue a red orange haired boy came up behind them.

“MAN I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BE LATE!” The guy yelled at the four. Needless to say Haruko and Kayo gave the guy a punch in the gut, and the guy just bent over. “OW! Ya know you didn’t need to do that…ugh.” He managed to say.

“You know Kiyoshi, you outta not yell in people’s ears.” Neon said as he held Haruko’s fist.

“See you at lunch.” Neon said as he entered his classroom, Haruko had to go to the next classroom for her class. As she entered into the room she saw a familiar purple haired girl sitting behind to her seat, looking outside.

“Hey there Shizuko, you feeling ok?” Haruko said to the girl. She lazily turned her head and stared back at Haruko, she shook her head no.

“Huh? Why not? And why aren’t you talking?” Shizuko sighed as she looked back outside the window, leaving Haruko to sit back down in her seat. The teacher then came in and class began.

“Geez Shizuko what happened? You ain’t like this much of the time.” Haruko had to say that to Shizuko, her silence was really getting on her nerves.

“Sorry about that…I just had a rough morning, parents were fighting and I was caught in the crossfire.” Haruko simply nodded with a worried expression on her face. Shizuko only stretched before looking back out of the window…again.

“You want to hang out with my group of friends today at lunch? It worries me that you ain’t talking so much, c’mon it ain’t gonna kill you.” Haruko pulled Shizuko’s shirt a bit before she nodded and replied, “Sure why not.”

“Hey Haruko, whose the other girl?” Kiyoshi said to the two approaching females. Haruko only sat down next to Neon as the other girl sat next to a smaller girl.

“Oh? Shizuko-san? You are going to eat with us today?” The girl said as Shizuko sat next to the girl.

“Geez Haruka, couldn’t you be more discreet about what you say nowadays huh?” Haruko lightly put her fist on top of Haruka’s head as she only closed her eyes and stuck out her tongue.

“Anyway yeah, her name is Shizuko. She had a rough morning and was hoping she would loosen up today by hanging out with all of us. Hope you don’t mind.” Shizuko only looked down in embarrassment as she was introduced.

“Well, since we have someone new here…why not introduce ourselves formally yeah?” Neon said to the group.

“Hey there! Name’s Kiyoshi, I don’t bother with the last name stuff. It’s kinda hard for me to say as well…” The red orange haired boy said, smiling to Shizuko. She only nodded in acknowledgement.

“Nice to meet you, my name is Kayo Fujimoto. I hope we can get along well.” Shizuko also nodded in response…but it felt a little odd to meet her in these circumstances. She was her mechanic for her Impreza Spec C after all.

“My name is Neon Kurabasa, it’s a pleasure to meet you Shizuko.” The blue haired boy said to Shizuko while also attempting a bow in a seat. He seemed nice and pretty well behaved…for first impressions at least. Shizuko also replicated the action back to Neon.

“And I’m his twin, Arirs Kurubasa. Hope we can get along well!” And the blue haired girl held out her hand in a handshake. Shizuko looked at the hand for a second before shaking her hand.

“Well since we are doing this…name’s Haruko. But you already knew that.” Haruko nodded at Shizuko, she simply nodded back.

“And my name is Haruka! AKA the younger twin sister who looks nothing like my twin.” The dark pink haired girl said, Shizuko only looked at her funny before slowly looking away.

“Well…um…my name is Shizuko Furusawa…and it’s nice to meet you all.” Shizuko loudly muttered before bowing.

This only made the group look at one another, Neon was quick to clear his throat to cut the awkward silence. “Well now, the food ain’t gonna eat itself. We already wasted a nice amount of time just introducing ourselves.”

“That wasn’t that bad right?” Haruko said to Shizuko, it was a few minutes until class resumed and they were walking back to their seats.

“I guess…although I felt like I wasn’t needed…” Shizuko said before sitting back in her seat.

“Wasn’t needed? Please girl, we were glad to have you in our group. In fact Neon was actively trying to get you in the conversation! You have to admit that you feel better at least right?” Haruko replied as she stumbled into her seat, tripping over her own feet. “NO ONE SAW THAT.” Shizuko let out a light laughter as she shouted that out. “See you are feeling better. C’mon, admit it.”

Shizuko lightly smiled and replied, “Yes, I do feel better.”

Class ended for the day and people were filing out of school to enjoy the rest of their day. Neon was ready to leave the school until he saw Shizuko at the front door, she was just standing there and he felt like talking to her. “Hey Furusawa-san! You alright?” Shizuko only turned around to see Neon approach her.

“Oh…Kurubasa-kun, I’m fine. Just standing here and wonder what I was going to do later on today.” Shizuko replied to the boy, he only smiled as he thought of something to do with her…and no not like that.

“Wanna head to the arcade? I know that most girls don’t play games…but I thought why not let you at least…um…” Neon started as he scratched his head.

Shizuko only smiled at the boy’s offer. “Sure, to tell the truth I do go there occasionally.” Neon sighed in relief as they went ahead to the arcade.

“So how you like Shizuko, Airis?” Haruka asked the taller girl. “She’s fine, besides she’s new anyway. Can’t discriminate until she reveals her true colors.” Airis replied as she released the string of her bow, it landed in the eight point area.

“Tch, could have raised it a bit.” Airis switched places with Haruka as Haruka readied her bow.

“True true, but she doesn’t seem harmless at all. I mean we just met her for goodness sake. Besides, we all know you have a bit of a brother complex with onii-chan anyway.” Haruka released the string as she managed to hit the nine point marker.

“Oh nice one! And no, I don’t have a brother complex you creep.” Haruka only sighed as their captain came up them.

“Nice job Haruka! I saw that one, if you possibly aimed a little higher then maybe you could have hit a bull’s eye. You could learn something Airis, and I do think you have a small brother complex. I also heard that.” The captain nodded at Haruka before leaving the two of them. Airis simply rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“Anyway, so you think I should lower my LanEvo a bit?” Kayo nodded yes to Kiyoshi’s question.

They were at her garage, looking at his LanEvo to see if Kiyoshi could improve his times. “I think a little bit, will have to stiffen the car up a little bit but the lower center of gravity could improve your timing. By the way, Shiuzko…what you think of her?”

Kiyoshi looked at Kayo oddly before responding, “Eh, can’t judge a book by its cover. But for once I don’t want to hang out with her.”

Kayo dropped her tools in defiance. “WHAT? Wai…WHAT? You don’t want to hang out with a FEMALE for once? Am I still talking to the Kiyoshi I knew?”

Kiyoshi sighed and replied, “Yes you are, but I think this girl ain’t the one for me. She seems too troubled to deal with me.”

Kayo picked her tools and rolled her eyes. “How do you think all of us feel when you hit on others you freak…”

Alright in relevance to the events of arc 1
- This is obviously before the big crash event.
- They are in the middle of their first year, nothing drastic happened.
- As they went on in life memories of the group were suppressed or forgotten, thus the odd new beginnings were there.

Alright, seriously. If anyone has an idea for an omake for this fan fic, PM me. Or else I might not have much to write for a while...and I want to make sure I can shell these out in a semi-good pace...and this was kinda a speed write too.

About 4 hours in total I think?

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 13 2013, 01:18 AM
OkamiWind
  Posted: Jul 11 2013, 10:59 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

...WOW how long as it been since I last updated? Anyway this is an omake again, and this one may be OOC for the people introduced in it. Its been a while...so yeah.

Omake 3: Odd Realations

Kaede stretched out her arms after somewhat long drive. “Mmph, man how long has it been since I last been to this place…” She parked the 240ZG in front of an old shop she went to find the old “White Ghost of Akina”, a tofu shop to be precise.

“The Fujiwara Tofu shop…hm, to think that the old man would still be in this shop after all these years…hmph.” Kaede exited her car and saw a blue Subaru GC8 at the parking area of the shop. “A GC8? What the hell happened to the AE86?”

Then out came an older gentlemen with short black hair with a cigarette in his mouth, “Hello there ma’am, how may I help you?” His gentle mature voice broke Kaede’s concentration of thought and she let out a small scream just before seeing the old man there.

“Geez Bunta, couldn’t you be any more discreet with your entrances? You almost scared me…” Bunta could only smirk at the lady before her. “Anyway, why are you here?”

“Hmph, I was here to see if you actually managed to get your kid to the pro league or not.” Kaede replied after they entered the tofu shop. They were sitting down in the living room, where Kaede was staring hard at Bunta for some odd reason. Bunta only exhaled his cigarette after hearing the woman’s response. “And why exactly do you want to know that again?”

Kaede only rolled her crimson eyes as she sighed heavily and responded, “Cause didn’t we make a bet to see if either one of us could make our children a professional racer did you not remember?!” She only threw her hands up and groaned out in anger over his apparent obliviousness.

“Oh? I remember something like that back in college…” Kaede could only slam down her head after that.

“Ugh, I know you were a senior at the time and I was, what, a high school junior at the time? Sure I managed to miraculously find you when we randomly raced on Akina but didn’t we make a bet old man?” Kaede retorted after banging her head on the desk.

Bunta only sighed as he rubbed the back of his head, “Yes, I do remember something like that happening back then…but that was a while ago when you were a lone racer.” Bunta said while tossing his cigarette to the ashtray.

“It was a while ago…yes I remember you almost managed to beat me that day.” Kaede only smirked at that statement, she could clearly remember the day. If it wasn’t for Bunta’s technique in the five consecutive hairpins she would have won with a good hundred meter gap. Such a shame she wasn’t an Akina native.

“Well anyway, I heard that your son…um…” Kaede only stared up to the ceiling.

“Ah, Takumi. What about him?” Kaede lightly slapped her face before continuing her earlier question, “Yeah Takumi, he’s in the professional league right?” Bunta only sighed and nodded.

Kaede wondered if it was a problem for him but only shook the thought out. “It wasn’t an easy drive out to here so I guess I’ll be leaving now…White Ghost.” Kaede then got up and exited the tofu shop. Bunta only looked at her as she exited and decided to take another cigarette.

So…the 240ZG driver WAS the old driver named Aqua…huh. Little after Kaede left the shop she was followed by a white R33, a certain coffee brown haired girl was tailing her. Hm, so she is the mother of that girl’s boyfriend; looks like she isn’t active though…Katsuko thought as she managed to keep an incognito profile as she trailed the 240ZG to the highway. It was until a few minutes in the highway where the 240ZG suddenly accelerated to a very high speed.

“What is she doing…?” Katsuko quickly thought if she should follow her and decided to go for it, flooring the accelerator to catch up to the 240ZG. Kaede looked at her rearview window and noticed a R33 quickly catching up to her, she only let out a light smirk before signaling to the R33. Like she expected the R33 slowed down and followed her to the shoulder of the road. Both Kaede and Katsuko got out of their respective cars and looked at each other.

“Mind telling me why you were following me young girl?” Kaede rudely asked Katsuko. She only remained silent, testing the rumors of her possible short fuse. Kaede’s left eye twitched as the girl never responded, Kaede sighed heavily before asking again.

“Why are you following me? Do you want to race?” Kaede now was thinking of either driving off or just straight up decking the girl to the face.

“Sure, I was just testing some rumors I heard that’s all.” Kaede just glared at the girl as she entered the R33, now she was infuriated.

After getting in her car she immediately slammed the accelerator, leaving Katsuko to slam her accelerator as well to catch up with the 240ZG. Katsuko knew not to take this opponent lightly…but where the heck did she go?

“Wasn’t she…?” No really, she just disappeared. Gone. Poof. This only left Katsuko to go back to legal speeds and leave her in a huge state of confusion. Well, at least she got to confirm some stuff…

“WHERE THE HELL DID SHE GO?!”

Meh, I could have done better but this'll do for cleaning the rust out. I plan on doing a race next one, just a pure race between two completely random cars. Need to see if I still got it.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Aug 13 2013, 01:14 AM

6 Pages  1 2 3 »