Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - 7Days of Love

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,931  ·  Replies: 101 
> EUROLOVERS YT Channel has been terminated, R.I.P. EUROLVERS 2010-2016
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Nov 25 2016, 03:25 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,266

unamused.gif They did it! They fucking did it!

EUROLOVERS channel, the one and biggest channel that has been the front of bringing Eurobeat to the world for over six years, has been deleted due to third-party notifications for copyright infringement.

facepalm.gif You fucking idiotis

Last night I noticed the videos through my latest Eurobeat playist consisting of the latest SEB album had been deleted. At first I wasn't all that surprised but then I noticed that over half of the music of my previous playist consisting music from SEB albums 231-239 has also been deleted. It at this point I really started to get worried. I was afraid I was going to wake up the next morning and find that the biggest Eurobeat on YouTube had been terminated. And lo and behold, it happened! All because a bunch of copyright assholes found it necessary to fuck over a person who in truth was doing nothing wrong.

Now before you starting saying that file-sharing is illegal, let me say this. What exactly is wrong with file-sharing? No, seriously. What exactly is wrong with it? Especially for a music genre that is barely known around the world outside of Japan? This isn't mainstream music we're talking about here, be it pop, hip-hop, rap, whatever. We're talking about a music genre that has had the bare minimum of promotion in the the nearly 27 years since it first started. The few who do know about it outside of Japan either discovered it through the anime Initial D or by chance. It was the reason why we became fans and why we made efforts to try to get this music better known and the one only ways to do that was with file-sharing through the internet. Illegal? Yes, but that the only way they could do it since Avex Trax made no efforts to try to promote SEB around the world.

So what exactly is wrong with file-sharing in this sense? Most of people doing it are not trying to make money off of it, nor are they claiming that it's their music. Many of those people will even acknowledge the copyright holders and specifically state that no copyright infringement is intended. They're only trying to share this music with other people. That's promotion, not copyright infringement. And yet, they're being punished for no fucking reason at all!

"Well, they didn't have permission from the company."

Fuck you! Under the fair use doctrine you allow to use clips from music or videos for whatever you're creating for nonprofit and educational purposes. You can actually upload entire movies or music if you wanted to for that reason. You do not the company's permission, written or verbal, unless you intent to make money off of it. Then you need their permission! If you're doing for free, and for promotional or educational reasons, then why the fuck should these companies care about file-sharing, especially for a an album that came out a long time ago, like five or ten years ago? What difference is it going to make? You not going to make any more money off of those old albums, nor are you going to lose any!

If Avex-Trax so worried about about file-sharing then what they should do is this. First, make bigger efforts to promote SEB. Second, create an official YouTube channel and upload the music there, just like everyone did only this time you'll be doing legally. Certain labels like SCP have done it! Many other music companies have done it! Why can't you? Third, wait until a certain time period after you release the latest album to upload the new music onto you YouTube channel, specifically when the initial sales finally die down. If anyone wants to buy the album afterwards, kudos. You just made a little extra money. Really, it's not that hard.

"Why don't you just buy the albums instead?"

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a physical copy of any SEB album?

We're not talking about a real famous band here that has maybe a dozen albums under their belt that still sells even today. We're talking a compilation series, the worlds longest compilation series I might add, of various artists who came together to create something special yet in truth has received very little attention attention compared to famous band like the Bee Gees and Bon Jovi over the years. SEB albums sell like what? 500? 600 at the most with each release? That's a far cry to other famous albums from certain bands. And there's 241 albums out right now! Do you seriously expect people to just go out there and buy every single album out there?

Okay, let's say Avex Trax makes every SEB album available to buy except it's still only available in Japan. Oh! And let's not forget the Maharaja Night series and the Euroflash series. Hell, let's go ahead and throw in the Euromach megamixes and the Initial D special albums for good measure. That's 300 or so albums all thrown in together yet the only way a non Japanese fan can get them is to import them. Each SEB album we have had recently is nearly $23. To import them, shipping and handling would add $25+. So you're spending $50 for every single album. Let's do the math.

SEB Albums alone = $12, 050
Everything else thrown in = $15,000+

$15,000?! I can buy a new car in for that kind of money! Hell, I could even buy every single gaming console and a brand new gaming computer for the same amount. No one has that kind of money! No wants to spend that kind of money! Oh, I'm sure the most dedicated hardcore fan will but how many of those you think exist in the world? So the only other way to do it is to download them digitally, but even that's hard to do! SEB 241 had been out for two months now and it's still not available on itunes! WTF! Hell, last I checked, there seemed to little to no Eurobeat on itunes. And even if you could find the old albums, you'd be spending three times the amount of what it was originally worth because of how rare the album. So in the end, you'll be spending close to $20,000 total.

What the fuck is going Avex Trax?! What the fuck are you doing?! Your music is barely known outside of Japan! You've done nothing to help it grow it when it started to get attention partly because of Initial D. You could have taken that opportunity to feature Eurobeat in more anime products! Like having one about a high school band that did this kind of music. Hell, make it a musical if you like! You could have introduced SEB to the US and other places around the world when the new millennium came around! But no! You didn't! Instead you just chocking the very life out of these labels, most of which have been with from the very beginning, to get every little yen because you're not satisfied with all the other stuff you have.

So it shouldn't come as a surprise that certain people start file-sharing on YT because they know that you won't do it, knowing full well they risk having their channels deleted. Yet they do it anyway because that's how much they love this music and they want to share with the rest of the world in hopes of it getting the recognition it deserves. I understand why this happened but it happened for the wrong reasons. EUROLOVERS was one of your biggest supporters and he did everything he could to help promote your music. Yes it was illegal but that was the only way he could do it. And it's quite impressive that he lasted this long. But instead of asking him nicely to shut down his channel you instead let the copy-right police slit his throat. And for what? Nothing! Except "Give us money God Dammit!"

And that's the funny thing! EUROLOVERS was doing this for nothing! He wasn't asking for money, he wasn't trying the steal anyone's music. He's was only doing this to share and promote. How exactly is that wrong?! I just don't understand why people are so convinced that this wrong. You might as well say that I'm not allowed to play this kind of music in a social gathering because I don't have the company's permission. I know that sounds stupid but that's what it's leading to!

Sigh... sad.gif

Unbelievable. Nearly seven years of hard work from this channel and it ends like this. Over 4,000 videos and nearly 40,000 subscribers. That alone should tell you something. Sure, it's a far cry from other music channels that over a million subscribers but I consider that a major accomplishment seeing that number rise slowly but surely everyday. EUROLOVERS was the best Eurobeat channel for many reasons. He's part of the reason why I have a channel on YouTube. I could sit there listen to just about every Eurobeat song without to look all over the internet or spend a bunch just to do so. Now, it looks like I'm not going to be able to anymore. Sure, there's other channels out there but... laugh2.gif don't count on them being around for much longer. Now that this... "purge" is going on how long do you think it will be before all those other channels are terminated? Tomorrow? Next week? Two weeks from now? A month if their lucky?

I don't know what to say guys. We have every reason to be worried now. I'm pretty much convinced that at this point we'll never see SEB get out of the slump it's been for the last few years. When you at SEB and its amazing history, it's really sad to see the state it's in now. A mere shadow of what it once was. I just can't see it lasting beyond 2020 with the way Avex Trax is treating it. If this continues on, I think what needs to happen is that the Italian labels need to split from SEB and Avex Trax entirely because they're not going anywhere. They can't go anywhere because Avex Trax won't let them. They need to just leave and start all over. Maybe move over to the US and try to get some new young blood into the genre. If they really made an effort on that, it could really turn into something special.

"SUPER AMERICA BEAT"

That actually doesn't sound too bad.

Overall, I'm really sad and upset about this. But... this event might mean something. Maybe Avex Trax is going to exactly what I suggested up above. But... laugh2.gif given to what they've been doing lately I'm not about to get my hopes up just yet. I'm hoping for the best but I'm also expecting the worse. For all those who like to share Eurobeat on YouTube you better be prepared because you might be next.

This was the wrong thing to do Avex Trax and you fucking know it. And that goes for all you copyright police(or should I say "Euro-police) as well who made this happen. Don't give me that crap about it being justified because that's just plain bullshit. Thanks to you, a good channel is gone forever along with any hope of Eurobeat might have on ever making an impact around the world. I hope you people are proud of yourselves because you won't get any support or sympathy from me.

EUROLOVERS, if you happen to see this post, thank you for all you hard work over the years. I don't care if it was illegal, you did it out of pure dedication and you did it with pride. I enjoyed every song you put up and your efforts is what made Eurobeat so special to listen to. It's a real sad shame that it had to end like this, but it was fun while it lasted. Whatever you do from now on, I wish you the best.

"So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me"

R.I.P. EUROLOVERS
2010-2016

This post has been edited by TheWhiteEagle on Nov 25 2016, 04:26 PM
Hannah
Posted: Nov 25 2016, 04:00 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 8,296

That's just fucking fantastic. I'm so goddamned disappointed in people.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
skibblesx
Posted: Nov 25 2016, 07:44 PM

Frog Lord

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 43,002

this is so extra ahahaha
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 25 2016, 08:39 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

This is a hall of fame thread.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Zergax
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 01:15 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 47,708

And everything went to s*** because someone somewhere didn't like people enjoying their stuff for free when that same person doesn't want to sell it to us...
xiao
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 04:39 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

This post has been edited by xiao on Dec 10 2016, 05:09 AM
Teh Asphyx
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 07:17 AM

Raising Hell

Member No.: 33,366

QUOTE (xiao @ 2 hours, 38 minutes ago)
It wasn't 100% Avex to blame for Eurolover's YT Channel shut-down Eagle m'man ~ all of the Studios wanted that channel gone. And now it's gone. derp.gif

No, I can say Hi-NRG Attack always shared the uploads of their songs on the channel. They used it for their own promotion on Facebook. I don't think they're happy about the recent events.
otter87
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 07:33 AM

Sexy Guy

Member No.: 37,113

lol, definitely tl;dr
Teh Asphyx
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 07:44 AM

Raising Hell

For the rest I'm gonna say the same as in the Eurobeat Prime forum:

I don't want to write about negative emotions (although I got a lot of those too), but I'd rather try to think about how it can be possible to change the situation.
As a musician I can only say that I will continue to carry the Eurobeat flag and will make my music as accessible as possible. There is not much more I can do, but it's already a lot of work.
What you can do as fans is to support independent artists more, like talk about their songs, share them, and of course buy them if you like them. For someone who can easily buy an imported CD for 50$ it's won't be too hard to spend 10$ for an album of equal length on Bandcamp (available in lossless quality, so the same as a CD). With that you can show Avex and others what you as fans care about besides great music. And you help to create the possibility to establish new networks for Eurobeat creation and distribution.
At the moment I am planning to create such a network together with some artists in Japan and some artists in North America. One goal is to make CDs and merch stuff available easily in the entire world, not only in some countries.
Sadly I only see few people like Lebon14 for example who really care about stuff from other artists than those who are signed to Avex, although some of those artists have reached equal or even higher quality level than SEB.
With the recent events I think this is even more important now. So if there's nothing you can't do about Avex for now, there is still something you can do and I as well as other Eurobeat artists still count on your support to keep the genre alive.
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Nov 26 2016, 08:47 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (xiao @ 4 hours, 8 minutes ago)
It wasn't 100% Avex to blame for Eurolover's YT Channel shut-down Eagle m'man ~ all of the Studios wanted that channel gone. And now it's gone. derp.gif

I find that very hard to believe. Look how long EUROLOVERS's channel was up over the years. If the studios really had an an issue with him uploading their music, don't you think his channel would have been terminated a long time ago? Especially three years ago when YouTube came out with that new copyright system? When that came out I thought EUROLOVERS would be one of the first to go. But that never happen. Instead he kept going strong into 2014. The only studio I know that didn't allow him to upload their music was Dima.

This whole fiasco didn't start until the release of SEB 241. Nothing like this had ever happened before. So why now of all times? It doesn't make any sense.
xiao
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 09:41 AM

moon bunny

neko ~

user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao on Dec 12 2016, 12:15 AM
M2-EB
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 10:58 AM

bazooka pistolero

Member No.: 47,714

QUOTE (TheWhiteEagle @ 2 hours, 6 minutes ago)
This whole fiasco didn't start until the release of SEB 241. Nothing like this had ever happened before. So why now of all times? It doesn't make any sense.

It's a cursed album boo

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 12 minutes ago)
Ask Sjoerd what Rimonti told him a couple of years ago ~ Then ask Rimonti if he liked that Channel? ^_^Befriend any eurobeat producer over Facebook and PM them a message asking any one of them "Did you like or support the Eurolovers YouTube Channel?" - I guarantee you every one of them will tell you a re-sounding NO. Talk to them personally over the phone & you can personally hear the moment their voice cracks.

I agree with all your points. But it wasn't all Avex's fault. The labels were responsible 50% too.

Will agree with Teh Asphyx here: if they didn't like it so much they wouldn't be posting the videos. I used to see a lot of complaining but no action, only one label seemed to be able to "stop" sharing on YouTube. I don't know the logistics of claiming copyright and actually pruning unauthorized uploads, but they made it.
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Nov 26 2016, 11:01 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 19 minutes ago)
Befriend any eurobeat producer over Facebook and PM them a message asking any one of them "Did you like or support the Eurolovers YouTube Channel?" - I guarantee you every one of them will tell you a re-sounding NO. Talk to them personally over the phone & you can personally hear the moment their voice cracks.

That doesn't answer the question of why they didn't do anything about it until now. There are many other Eurobeat channels on YT, some of which have been around almost as long as EUROLOVERS was. Again, this didn't all start until 241 when they could have done it years ago.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling bullshit on this. This sounds more Avex Trax yanking the chains around the producers necks so that they don't look like the bad guys. But let's just say you're right and they are partly responsible. Well, they just killed the music they've spent thirty years of their lives creating with this event.
xiao
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 11:50 AM

moon bunny

pizza ~ user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao on Dec 12 2016, 12:16 AM
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Nov 26 2016, 12:43 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (xiao @ 52 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
If you're still skeptic: contact them on Facebook they're all on 24/7 & you'll find out 1st hand.

Even if they said it straight to my face I wouldn't believe them. Of course they're not going to say they supported an illegal firesharing YT channel out loud to the public. That would make them look bad rolleyes.gif . You can't tell me they're not aware of the sorry state Eurobeat is in. I firmly believe they were eternally grateful that EUROLOVERS and other people that were trying keep their music alive. Otherwise EUROLOVERS wouldn't have lasted as long as he did. And you know what? He would still be around if this entire fiasco hadn't happened. It happened right out of the blue and for the wrong reasons.
Teh Asphyx
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 12:48 PM

Raising Hell

I don't care what anyone said some years ago. People have the ability to think things over and change their opinion about it. What counts is now.
Posting the videos doesn't mean they like it, but it means that they make the best of the situation, something that is needed if you want to run a successful business, anythings else only helps lawyers to get rich.
xiao
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 12:59 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (TheWhiteEagle @ 1 minute, 29 seconds ago)
Even if they said it straight to my face I wouldn't believe them.

Let me clarify cause we're playing a game of semantics here Dori my friend ~ the Eurobeat Producers aren't against YouTube. They're against people that isn't Them and/or Avex uploading their songs to YT.

I honestly think they either hated him or didn't care ~ Eurobeat isn't their breadwinner, never was. Especially Avex - the biggest J-pop record company in the world. turned.gif
Crockett
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 02:23 PM

Space Cowboy

Member No.: 45,405

1. Only the owner, author of a song can report copyright claim.

2. Neither artist, who 90 % of time in a month is out of studio, because lives normally and works somewhere else nowadays, doesn't also spend damn time for browsing YouTube and learning users nicknames or thinking "Where is my old or new song?".

That's why Eurolovers existed so long and could much longer. Until multiple report.

3. Eurolovers wasn't the problem just because he ripped the latest SEB. Nobody knows him, from Avex Trax office to each italian studio, but he had unreleased extended versions or even tracks impossible to find as unreleased ! And this was much more problematic I guess. Somebody stole music officially non-existent, which could only have Avex Trax or the studio in Italy.

4. More CDs sold - more profits. Logical and it's fact also in Avex Trax. Unchanged, the same amount of royalty regardless of the number of sold songs, CDs is some nightmare lie spread among fans long time since I read forums.

So surely artists must care of that - their business, if they treat serious themselves.

And I think they cared with help of fans.

1988......1990......1995......2000......2005......2010......2016 they survived thanks to obviously needed profits to go forward.

Personally I'm not happy as well, that a lot of Eurobeat used even for memories gone.

If SEB Vol. 242 will be a disaster of sale because the YouTube channel has been closed, they all should draw conclusions, but if nothing won't change...

Answer yourself.

This post has been edited by Crockett on Nov 26 2016, 04:29 PM
TheWhiteEagle
  Posted: Nov 26 2016, 04:14 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Crockett @ 1 hour, 51 minutes ago)
If SEB Vol. 242 will be a disaster of sale because the YouTube channel has been closed, they all should draw conclusions, but if nothing won't change...

Answer yourself.

Exactly.

Eliminating EUROLOVERS was a big mistake and Avex Trax is going to pay for it dearly if they're not careful. Unfortunately we have to wait three more months before 242 is released. I can only hope and pray that by some miracle EUROLOVERS is able to get his channel back or perhaps have a backup channel prepared in case something like this happened. Without him, at least to me, Eurobeat will not be as enjoyable as it once was.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 04:39 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 8:39 PM)
This is a hall of fame thread.

Fucking agreed. That is a shitload of text just to be whiny about losing a trove of illegally-uploaded music. laugh2.gif

RIP
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 05:20 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Crockett @ 2 hours, 38 minutes ago)
3. Eurolovers wasn't the problem just because he ripped the latest SEB. Nobody knows him, from Avex Trax office to each italian studio, but he had unreleased extended versions or even tracks impossible to find as unreleased ! And this was much more problematic I guess. Somebody stole music officially non-existent, which could only have Avex Trax or the studio in Italy.

Wow, I never knew this. This is some conspiracy kind of shit. Must have been someone at Avex - if it were one of the labels, they'd probably only be posting their own stuff. For instance, it couldn't be Gelmetti, since he sells his archives, I can't see him giving it all up free.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 21 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
Fucking agreed. That is a shitload of text just to be whiny about losing a trove of illegally-uploaded music. laugh2.gif

RIP

But at the end of the day, OP does bring up good points. This is just another chapter in the story of Avex shooting themselves in the foot. Or more accurately, cutting their own brake lines and taking the Italians on a nice road trip with them. At some point I have to wonder if they're intentionally doing everything they can to kill eurobeat because they don't have the heart to just cut things off with the labels in person.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 05:40 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 17 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Wow, I never knew this. This is some conspiracy kind of shit. Must have been someone at Avex - if it were one of the labels, they'd probably only be posting their own stuff. For instance, it couldn't be Gelmetti, since he sells his archives, I can't see him giving it all up free.

It was a Japanese guy and/or girl ~ probly one of DJ Boss's friends or someone with access to Avex & Co.'s servers. Some even say it was ......

SPOILER

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=cphNpqKpKc4 )
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 06:11 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 51 minutes, 52 seconds ago)

Doesn't make sense. Unless you are trying to tell me that this entire channel was hosting entirely unreleased music, then this conspiracy theory does not hold any water at all.

I don't have to have every video on my channel violate someone's copyright in order to get my account banned. Get enough reported in the wrong way and bam, you're offline, seeya later chum.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 06:31 PM

moon bunny

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
M2-EB
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 06:58 PM

bazooka pistolero

Member No.: 47,714

Since things got this point, back to and running in the 90s, they could revive the old eurobeat once again… whistling.gif

5 Pages  1 2 3 »