Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Dejo & Bratt - In The Eyes Of A Tiger

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,133  ·  Replies: 5 
> Initial D auto model
Nissan
  Posted: Jun 28 2008, 07:17 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,895

Hello i"m new in this auto model and i wanna now what tools i have to have as i can build a car? smile.gif
marcopreto
Posted: Jun 29 2008, 11:13 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,599

Wellcome to this hobby.

The number of basic tool necessary is very limeted. You need a sharp blade (the ones that we can brake the front tip and get a sharp edge again are great for starters), some liquid glue for plastics (there are several brands - I usually like the thinner types; if you need to glue metallic parts, then you'll have to use superglue or something similar which is cianoacrilate based - just be careful not to glue yourself), some files and sandpaper is also good for cleaning the parts from plastic tree leftovers. Some small paint brushes and paints to paint details. For painting the body I recommend an aerosol paint, as its easier to get a smooth finish than using a brush.

As time goes by, and if you find out that you really want to get more serious, you'll end up collecting a larger number of tools, which make to work more convenient, but that is all you need to start (if I forgot anything, I'm sure other modelers from IDW will correct me).

There is a thread on this forum with a number of links to tutorials (https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=29182)

You can also look for other tutorials on the net.

If you have any doubt, feel free to ask.

Cheers

Marco Preto
Möbius
Posted: Jun 29 2008, 02:24 PM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (marcopreto @ Today at 3:13 PM)
Wellcome to this hobby.

The number of basic tool necessary is very limeted. You need a sharp blade (the ones that we can brake the front tip and get a sharp edge again are great for starters), some liquid glue for plastics (there are several brands - I usually like the thinner types; if you need to glue metallic parts, then you'll have to use superglue or something similar which is cianoacrilate based - just be careful not to glue yourself), some files and sandpaper is also good for cleaning the parts from plastic tree leftovers. Some small paint brushes and paints to paint details. For painting the body I recommend an aerosol paint, as its easier to get a smooth finish than using a brush.

As time goes by, and if you find out that you really want to get more serious, you'll end up collecting a larger number of tools, which make to work more convenient, but that is all you need to start (if I forgot anything, I'm sure other modelers from IDW will correct me).

There is a thread on this forum with a number of links to tutorials (https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=29182)

You can also look for other tutorials on the net.

If you have any doubt, feel free to ask.

Cheers

Marco Preto

That about covers it for beginnings. Great post, Marco! smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
gunmonic
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 10:31 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 32,292

whats automodel ????????
ThomasMak0524
Posted: Mar 22 2009, 12:58 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,869

auto model? got any pics to see?
marcopreto
Posted: Mar 23 2009, 04:38 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,599

QUOTE (gunmonic @ Mar 21 2009, 10:31 PM)
whats automodel ????????

It's a model, a scale representation, of a car (automobile).

ThomasMak0524  Posted on Yesterday, 12:58 AM
  auto model? got any pics to see?

There's a thread regarding models of Initial D Cars on this forum! take a look there and you'll find several photos!

Cheers

Marco Preto