Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Ace Warrior - 24 Hours A Day With You

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 54,920  ·  Replies: 222 
> Lonely_Driver's BP5 Legacy, Haulin' groceries at Now at 15psi!!
Spaz
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 02:02 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Very nice, sir! Can't wait to see this thing come together!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Feb 18 2012, 02:21 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,019

QUOTE (Spaz @ 18 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
Very nice, sir! Can't wait to see this thing come together!

Thanks!

Time to fire up the ol' dremel tool and start port matching!
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Feb 25 2012, 12:34 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Rad was installed thursday. Definetly spend the extra money on the slim fans for more piece of mind, My friend had to make a little bracket to hold the upper rad hose away from the stock fans.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Apr 20 2012, 08:33 PM

IDW Supremo Member

I didn't know which thread to post this in so i'll post it here, basicly my wagon was used for hot pursuit tonite.

Was driving home from having a tea with some buddies. Noticed a black what I thought was a Liconln Navigator driving stupidly, changing lanes without signaling and the usual doushebaggery.

So we get to a street which has 4 lanes, I'm in the furthest right cause its a turning lane, doushebag is behind me and a white sunfire is beside me.

DB decides to fly ahead of me and infront on the sunfire and for some reason drive really slow infront of her.

Sunfire changes lanes infront of me.

DB desides to cut hard into the lane left of him and around a ford truck infront of him and hard into my lane again almost parralel into the sunfire.

Sunfire slams the brakes swerves onto the curb nearly missing the pole. This whole situation right as DB swerved left to get around the ford truck was all in slow motion, like matrix or spidey sense.

DB guns it so I drop her in 2nd and and no time am on his tail, we are still in the tuning lane so we turn right. I drop back a few cars cause i'm trying to get out my phone to grab the plate.

So this road is pretty straight so theres no way hes getting away, he swerves and cuts off 2 more cars so I decide that this is just going to end up messy for one of us and as I slow down the ford truck that he cut infront of passes me, I turn around and head back to the sunfire.

Young girl, shes really shaken up, another guy that was in the parking lot comes sees us.

Hes so annoying giving her false advice and is trying to pick her up but I just bite my tongue to not make the poor girl feel worse.

After a while the ford truck shows up and informs us that hes still drive erracdically and it is a Lincoln Aviator and they also called it in.

Night ends with the other guy giving her a long hard forever alone awkward hug and shes like wtf.

She gives me a hug and we go out seperate ways.

No she wasnt that attractive and thats why I didnt ask for her number or anything.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Apr 21 2012, 05:27 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Got me some Rotella and a STi Catless up pipe

user posted image
Boost1995
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 05:50 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,272

Very nice radiator!
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Apr 21 2012, 01:39 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Thanks!

Did an oil change today after about 6000KM, that Rotella always comes out clean!

Also swapped the pinkies for the Prodrives and fixed my skidplate.

Spent about 5 hours working on a friends STi front bumper, will have to take pics once shes done.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: May 21 2012, 08:06 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Restored my drivers side headlamp a few weekends ago thanks to an awesome detailer at work. My passenger side was replaced a couple years ago from my accident.

So I spent about 15min straight just with 1000 grit to get most of the deeper scratches out, then 2000 grit. After that my buddy took over with the 3000 grit and polisher. Needless to say it looks better then my newer passenger side headlamp!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I am very lucky to be a co-worker of his as he ussualy charges $100 per headlamp to do so. He was telling me once on this BMW he charged the guy $400 cause they were so pitted.

Also picked up some used assembled TGVs

user posted image

"professional" pic from a meet last week
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 533. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Yea thats right, I nosed in.
user posted image
backalleyracer
Posted: May 21 2012, 12:46 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

this looks pretty clean and good, I like it smile.gif
Spaz
Posted: May 21 2012, 01:36 PM

Group Icon

Why'd you pick up TGVs? Don't you normally want to delete them?
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: May 21 2012, 01:59 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ 22 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
Why'd you pick up TGVs? Don't you normally want to delete them?

buying premade deletes are really exspensive and my CEL is driving me nuts right now.

Plan is to get new OEM injectors, intake manifold gaskets and such and get it all done before winter.

Then I'll get a friend to do the deletes on my broken TGVs and reinstall that next summer when I have all the parts necesairy to install my VF46.

I know it sounds like im working backwards but I really dont have the cash for a custom tune just yet.

When I move into my new place and hopefully get a raise at work progress will be made faster I promise!
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: May 21 2012, 06:50 PM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

@Lonely Driver
"And get it all done before winter". So sometime in the next 2 weeks? LOLZ!!! Burn!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Rudy
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 07:58 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Spaz
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 08:41 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Demon Boost @ 42 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
what the heck is a tgv?

Remember our talk about Google? unamused.gif

http://drive2.subaru.com/Win03_Manifold.htm
Rudy
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 08:48 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

This post has been edited by Demon Boost on Jun 1 2012, 08:50 PM
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jun 4 2012, 04:28 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Mazda ina Ford guy @ May 21 2012, 06:50 PM)
@Lonely Driver
"And get it all done before winter". So sometime in the next 2 weeks? LOLZ!!! Burn!

I know I am sorry life is hectic right now. No more mods beside maintenance until my visa and car loan are payed off sad.gif

Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jun 16 2012, 01:50 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Hey guys little update, sorry no pictures.

So for a while now Ive been having hesitation problems and idle problems, which is norm for my shitty injectors. I ended up buying the BG 44K fuel system cleaner kit. Comes with a cleaner and fuel system drier you put in the tank and then a spray can with another aditive that you spray in the intake while its running, which was almost impossible to do alone.

But before that I have another story, After work yesterday our boss took a few of us to the indoor go karting, unfortunetly I could not race due to my neck injury so I just watched and after they were done we decided to go out for supper.

Well luck was on our side cause it just so happen that we were transported to a test track in Mexico when we exited the doors and at the end of the track was our restaurant destination.

So I was trying my best to keep up with my boss' 400whp 335i X-drive and my buddys stage 2 STi, they didnt leave me behind too much. We had supper, few drinks then went home.

On my drive to work this morning I noticed something funny, the car felt great.

I had been babying it since last year so all it needed was a good run to clean out the carbon build up im guessing facepalm.gif

I still did the fuel system treatment today and havent noticed much different, hopefully once I put more mileage on this half tank of gas with the cleaner in it it will have helped my idle problems.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jul 8 2012, 10:37 AM

IDW Supremo Member

So I picked up a used EL header last weekend, It looks like some sort of Tomei Replica, welds look great, piping size doesnt seem to thin so I went for it.

It was wrapped and used for about 5000km or so the previous owner said, I decided to take the wrap off and just coat it to help its longivity.

user posted image

Sanded the whole thing with 80 grit and masked off the flanges

user posted image

Primed

user posted image

Painted

user posted image

user posted image

Needed new springs for the slip joint, found these at Cambodian tire

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 768 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 768 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Other news been running Petro-Can 94 octane for about 150km now, Doesnt seem to run any better so I have ordered some used Injectors that I will have cleaned, balanced and installed along with my replacement TGVs.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 09:05 PM

Group Icon

EL? Gross, why would you get rid of that wonderful sound?
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jul 9 2012, 08:13 AM

IDW Supremo Member

I'm tired of the tractor sound. I want a smooth sounding boxer. The added torque will be nice too!

Scuba Steve
Posted: Jul 22 2012, 04:41 PM

Ken > Ryu

Member No.: 2,386

I hate you I still want one of these, but a white 2.5 manual is hard to find.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 22 2012, 09:05 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Scuba Steve @ 4 hours, 23 minutes ago)
I hate you I still want one of these, but a white 2.5 manual is hard to find.

White manual GT wagons are damn close to unicorn status with how few were produced.
Scuba Steve
Posted: Jul 26 2012, 01:51 AM

Ken > Ryu

Member No.: 2,386

QUOTE (Spaz @ Jul 22 2012, 11:05 PM)
White manual GT wagons are damn close to unicorn status with how few were produced.

When I worked as a honda tech the Subaru dealer next door had one but it was way over my budget so I bought a white si, I still consider that the worst car I ever bought, sold it for my ap1 after.
Fast
Posted: Jul 26 2012, 04:35 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,986

Speaking of unicorn Subarus, this with the 5MT is also stupid-rare.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2020 x 1316. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Fast on Jul 26 2012, 04:37 AM
Spaz
Posted: Jul 26 2012, 07:03 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Spaz @ Jul 23 2012, 12:05 AM)

Got the number from a buddy a couple nights back.

70, sir.

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »