Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Dejo & Bratt - In The Eyes Of A Tiger

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,457  ·  Replies: 87 
> The Adult Beverages Discussion Thread
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Oct 8 2013, 01:12 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,034

These ages+ for discussion of adult beverages.

Because one person should've just made the thread while he was thinking of it and another one person waited for permission too long and now has his honor stolen. tongue.gif

So speak your speech without slurring and speak it easy! smile.gif
TranceKitsune
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 01:21 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,103

Suuuup. What kind of "drank" ya into? My favorite is Barcardi 151!! I drink it straight from the bottle till I can't hold the bottle anymore. Flamin Dr. Peppers are pretty sick too. ..Mainly cause it involves Barcardi 151. I usually do that if I have some friends over though. happy.gif ... please tell me this is what the topic is about. >_>

This post has been edited by TranceKitsune on Oct 8 2013, 01:27 PM
Lupin_III
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 02:11 PM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Member No.: 40,907

Sooo I really don't drink that often but when I do I'm a real pretentious asshole about what I drink. I do love a good red wine especially paired with a nice steak, other than that I like Speyside Scotchs, Bourbon, apple ciders and even Gin on occasion preferably mixed with Ginger Ale and with a slice of lime.
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Oct 8 2013, 03:11 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

If there is anyone who's a fan of White Russians, try substituting shochu in lieu of vodka. I call it a "White Japanese". Shochu has a higher alcohol content than vodka (On average per brand) while still retaining that rubbing alcohol vibe, so it makes you feel better quicker.
TranceKitsune
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 03:16 PM

IDW God Member

Ahhh that sounds good Midnight! I may have to try that since I can't really stomach Vodka anymore.. I had a bad experience with it..very bad experience. Hahaha. What kind of drunk do you all turn into? I turn into the laughing/happy/cuddly type of drunk. ._.

This post has been edited by TranceKitsune on Oct 8 2013, 03:17 PM
Lupin_III
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 03:25 PM

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 14 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
If there is anyone who's a fan of White Russians, try substituting shochu in lieu of vodka. I call it a "White Japanese". Shochu has a higher alcohol content than vodka (On average per brand) while still retaining that rubbing alcohol vibe, so it makes you feel better quicker.

Does shochu taste like Sake? I can't say I've ever tried it.
Rudy
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 04:25 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 04:52 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Lupin_III @ 1 hour, 27 minutes ago)
Does shochu taste like Sake? I can't say I've ever tried it.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's a lot sweeter than sake and as such is dangerously delicious. laugh2.gif Proper sake that's properly prepared is kinda hard to come by unless you're at an expensive restaurant (and even then you might get sake at the wrong temperature, shame on them!).

Personally, I'm a fan of ciders and mixed drinks. If I had to go in a more 'traditional' direction I'd go straight for stouts like Guinness. I absolutely cannot stand piss beer. Either it's fruity and fabulous...or black and hard.

...yeah. laugh2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Oct 8 2013, 05:12 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

I swear by Smithwick's when it comes to beer and ales now. All someone at work had to do was mention the name and I bought it knowing the Irish can't be wrong when it comes to alcohol. That has nothing to do with stereotypes, by the way. laugh.gif tongue.gif
APX
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 05:23 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Tried the shocktop pumpkin wheat drink, tasted like ugly ass beer.

Woodchuck is the only drink I love so far, need to find me some more fruity/cider drinks.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 05:31 PM

ShiMACHaze

Shocktop apple is actually pretty damn good, I'm a fan. It's not my favorite of the apples (that might go to Angry Orchard...) but it's refreshing.
Lupin_III
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 41 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
Shocktop apple is actually pretty damn good, I'm a fan. It's not my favorite of the apples (that might go to Angry Orchard...) but it's refreshing.

Angry Orchard is also one of my favorites, Crispin is my favorite brand though.

Stay away from Kopparberg, yuck.
Hannah
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 07:14 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 8,296

I had Angry Orchard for the first time a few months ago at a family event. It was pretty damn good for a cider. Loved it.
I usually stick to Captain Morgan, cuz I'm a rum fag, but I do like to try flavored vodkas.. My favorites would be a cake flavor and mango flavor. As far as flavors go, I experimented with coconut rum and Sprite a few years ago. It turned out better than expected. As far as beers go, I don't really like beer, save for 2 or 3 brands. One is Molson XXX, which, when paired with Pizza Hut, is nice.
Usually I will drink weak stuff like Smirnoff Ice, because it's cheaper than getting flashy shots and stuff. tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
shadow55419
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 08:10 PM

Meteor's partner in crime!

Member No.: 39,000

give me a fifth of Jim Beam or Jack D and i'm happy tongue.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 08:35 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

user posted image

That's all I can say for this thread. laugh2.gif

I'm turning 21 in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to drinking but I get the bad feeling that I'm not going to like it. From what I know from basic genetics and the principles of heredity, I'm going to be a lightweight because my mom is one and my dad is one too, but he drinks anyway because he's a MAN.

Anyway, I just wanted to step in and tell everyone not to go too crazy in this thread. The forum rules still apply and please don't give anyone the bad idea of mixing up some crazy concoction that is going to cause someone else to black out--or even worse--die. Remember to drink and party responsibly and for my ladies out there, don't drink if you're pregnant because that is going to mess your baby up and that isn't cool. Oh man I sound like such a parent right now. See how much I love you guys? derp.gif
TranceKitsune
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 08:44 PM

IDW God Member

Starting to think there should be an adult beverages meetup where we have some drinks and discuss the world of Initial D, gaming and watch the series together. No? Okay. derp.gif
Kerxn
Posted: Oct 8 2013, 11:16 PM

now clean your screen

Member No.: 3,880

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 8 hours, 5 minutes ago)

Shit, I love White Russians. I might have to do this sometime.

Anyways, I'm missing my good American beers. What I wouldn't give to have a good bottle of Shiner. Or shit, anything from Dogfish Head, Sierra Nevada or Lagunitas.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 01:59 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Ah, about time we had this thread. Also, I'm totally up for an IDW booze cruise, considering I'll be US-legal in a few weeks. laugh.gif

• Beer: Young's Double Chocolate Stout, or Heineken if it's all they have. Not really big on beer, to be honest. I know, unAustralian, but ask me how much I care.
  • Bourbon: Either Jim Beam Devil's Cut or Honey for me, although Wild Turkey Honey and Cola premix ain't bad.
  • Ciders: Rekorderlig Apple and 5 Seeds are the bomb, even if I rarely drink the stuff.
  • Rum: Kraken Dark Spiced Rum all the way. Smells awesome, puts hair on your chest (yes, even the ladies!) and comes in a badass bottle covered in old-school drawings.
  • Scotch: J&B for the most part, but Johnnie Walker Blue Label if it's a special occasion. Also, if you go into a liquor store and they don't know what Justerini and Brooks is, leave and leave quick.
  • Vodka: Stolichnaya or Russian Standard straight in a tall glass, goes great with Russian food.

Always wanted to try sake and shochu, I'll have to fix this. biggrin.gif
Kerxn
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 02:02 AM

now clean your screen

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ 3 minutes, 22 seconds ago)
Ah, about time we had this thread. Also, I'm totally up for an IDW booze cruise, considering I'll be US-legal in a few weeks. laugh.gif

• Beer: Young's Double Chocolate Stout, or Heineken if it's all they have. Not really big on beer, to be honest. I know, unAustralian, but ask me how much I care.
  • Bourbon: Either Jim Beam Devil's Cut or Honey for me, although Wild Turkey Honey and Cola premix ain't bad.
  • Ciders: Rekorderlig Apple and 5 Seeds are the bomb, even if I rarely drink the stuff.
  • Rum: Kraken Dark Spiced Rum all the way. Smells awesome, puts hair on your chest (yes, even the ladies!) and comes in a badass bottle covered in old-school drawings.
  • Scotch: J&B for the most part, but Johnnie Walker Blue Label if it's a special occasion. Also, if you go into a liquor store and they don't know what Justerini and Brooks is, leave and leave quick.
  • Vodka: Stolichnaya or Russian Standard straight in a tall glass, goes great with Russian food.

Always wanted to try sake and shochu, I'll have to fix this. biggrin.gif

Tip for the ladies: Stay away from Kraken Dark Spiced Rum. Unless you're into that sort of thing.
APX
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 02:47 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Might have to see if I can get some BevMo gift cards, get some more ciders, maybe other fruity drinks! And maybe try some rum or something like that.
W.A.R
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 07:47 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Yesterday, 8:35 PM)
I'm turning 21 in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to drinking but I get the bad feeling that I'm not going to like it. From what I know from basic genetics and the principles of heredity, I'm going to be a lightweight because my mom is one and my dad is one too, but he drinks anyway because he's a MAN.

Being 21 will phase you once you hit 22 then you realize that you really have no goal age to hit anymore. laugh2.gif
Steve
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 08:29 AM

IDW Saiyan

Member No.: 1,205

user posted image I match your quality beverage with one of mine. I highly recommend this tasty 'quila over most other drinks. Usually looking at $20-25 for a 750mL.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 09:07 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ 7 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Beer: Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Oh hey!

user posted image

...It's that stuff Fred and I got and downed with coke right before a radio show once! I wonder if there's a podcast of that show. laugh2.gif

EDIT: Nah there isn't, recorded shows only go back to January 2012 and it would've been September 2011. Awwn.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Oct 9 2013, 09:10 AM
Spaz
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 09:09 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

As is probably known, I'm a bit of a beer snob, but don't think that keeps me away from any drinking man's beer when the moment is right. Grappler will more than likely attempt to discredit me by pointing out that he saw me with a High Life Light in my hands over the weekend, but you can't turn down a beer offering, especially from the gentleman I accepted it from.

Regardless, I'll go through what I've got in the basement once I'm home and share because caring.

Also, for you cider peeps, because I love a good cider as much as the next guy, JK Scrumpy. It's out of season right now, but I found 6 bottles still on the shelf at my usual stop, so if you can find it, try it. It only comes in bombers, and is 100% organic AND unfiltered. Pure WIN in a bottle.

Also also, it's pumpkin beer season. AND Oktoberfest. Best time of the year for beer, hands down.

Kerxn
Posted: Oct 9 2013, 11:39 AM

now clean your screen

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2592 x 3888. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This was (is?) my go-to beer.

4 Pages  1 2 3 »