Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - There is No Way Out

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 378 379 380 381 382 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 535,004  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 21 2017, 05:22 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

I disagree, but I've seen your opinions on 2005+ Doctor before so I already knew that. I just come at it from a different angle, I suppose. If I had to put it in the context of another sci-fi series, it's like I'm a Trekker and you're a Trekkie. I got into it with the new gig, you got into it with the original content. You're not as much a fan of the new-new stuff, I've been enjoying myself.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tessou
  Posted: May 21 2017, 05:28 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Well, it's hard to watch Eleven's first outings after Ten's final season in terms of (opinion) writing quality. The line, "basically, I rule." in ep 2 was beyond cringy. It's like Moffat was trying to bake up new nerdy catchphrases in every episode.
Posted: May 21 2017, 05:37 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

the emogi ep had its creepy moments but im not a fan of emogis at all so that was a bart part of the ep. i did like the mining one and the beast below but so far 1/3 of the eps were on the weak side. the person he's guarding was a pretty good mystery until the newest ep but im not sure why he's so adamant why that entity should be left unguarded.

i was more of a fan of David Tenant as the doctor, the newer one is more on the intellectual side and more gritty. both have certain strengths but so far Tenant's run was better at this point.

This post has been edited by 207 on May 21 2017, 11:30 PM
xiao
Posted: May 21 2017, 10:22 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I feel as if I have done my contribution to the 2017 Billboard Music Awards cool.gif ...

user posted image

Also my mom saw a Lambo at Barnes & Noble derp.gif ~

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
APX
Posted: May 21 2017, 10:35 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Makes no sense.
xiao
  Posted: May 22 2017, 09:22 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (APX @ Today, 12:35 AM)
Makes no sense.

Lambo's aren't as fuel efficient or have coherent design lines and are usually more expensive than their Ferrari counterparts.

They look more like cutting-room floor polygonal shapes to me... I wholeheartedly agree Lambo's make no sense!

... how about that Drizzy winning every award tho! awesome.gif

user posted image
APX
Posted: May 22 2017, 11:04 PM

Still makes no sense.
xiao
Posted: May 22 2017, 11:33 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (APX @ 28 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
Still makes no sense.

I know... and after reading 207's posts in the Political Discussion thread, I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to make a little bit of sense just to tip the scales in favor of normal people. laugh.gif

SPOILER

This post has been edited by xiao on May 22 2017, 11:38 PM
umustwait101
Posted: May 23 2017, 07:43 AM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (xiao @ 8 hours, 10 minutes ago)
I know... and after reading 207's posts in the Political Discussion thread, I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to make a little bit of sense just to tip the scales in favor of normal people. laugh.gif

SPOILER

user posted image
shifty2.gif
Posted: May 23 2017, 11:53 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 2:33 AM)

SPOILER

LOL, though i do think i make more sense on a daily basis than a certain politician can ever do so in the course of a few hours.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 23 2017, 01:25 PM

ShiMACHaze

Could ever do. wink2.gif #HaltGrammatikzeit
APX
Posted: May 23 2017, 11:34 PM

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ )

This was fantastic. biggrin.gif
Tessou
  Posted: May 23 2017, 11:43 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 5:25 PM)
Could ever do. wink2.gif #HaltGrammatikzeit

That's not even the most glaring grammatical error in the post, either. laugh.gif
xiao
Posted: May 24 2017, 12:46 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 2 minutes ago)
That's not even the most glaring grammatical error in the post, either. laugh.gif

sometimes he forgets to capitalize pronouns like i and simple punctuation rules like periods but then he puts them after emojis haha just kidding 207 youz one crazy mother trucker like xiao man haha laugh.gif .
kyonpalm
Posted: May 24 2017, 11:00 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Tessou @ May 20 2017, 08:26 PM)
EDIT: There is no such thing as a non-shitty Hyundai. You can just say Hyundai and I'll know.

Aren't they making much better cars these days?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: May 24 2017, 11:32 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 3:46 AM)
sometimes he forgets to capitalize pronouns like i and simple punctuation rules like periods but then he puts them after emojis haha just kidding 207 youz one crazy mother trucker like xiao man haha laugh.gif .

nah, im just too lazy to use the shift button for capitals 90%. of the time.
umustwait101
Posted: May 24 2017, 08:29 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 9 hours, 29 minutes ago)

They keep saying that, but in the end, I still hear these horror stories. Maybe the only good one is Genesis, because it was in collaboration with Benz.
Tessou
  Posted: May 24 2017, 09:14 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 3:00 PM)

The problem with Hyundai is in their dealer support. They do everything to squeeze money out of you for basic work, complain about doing said work (via blaming the owner for breaking it in the first place), and making you wait inordinate amounts of time to get the car back. I can't trust them. I am suspicious of every model they make. They design them to start falling apart around 80,000 miles, and then begin ritually fucking you at the service department.

Do I like the Veloster Turbo and Genesis Coupe? Yes. Are they far better cars than my Tiburon GT? Absolutely. Are they good cars? They're fucking quick as a hiccup, but once things start rattling, it's all over.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 25 2017, 09:31 AM

ShiMACHaze

The Veloster Turbo pisses me off so fucking bad. It's kinda like the Capri XR2...it had the potential to be awesome, but then they went and ruined it in order to cut economic corners because after all, that export market won't notice right?

If that thing just had different driven wheels it'd be a very different beast. There are few cars that can pull off the performance FWD thing properly, and the Veloster isn't one of them.
Tessou
  Posted: May 25 2017, 11:12 AM

Group Icon

If I wanted a modern hatch, I'd skip the Veloster and go straight to a Focus. I'd sacrifice the FWD hatch experience to get the RS, but the ST is still a potent little monster.
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 25 2017, 12:05 PM

ShiMACHaze

The RS is a beaaaaaaaast. Talk about a hot hatch. If I were into new cars that'd definitely be on my short list.
Posted: May 25 2017, 04:38 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

has anyone tried starting an apple tree from a seed? i have these pink crisp/pink lady apples i got at the store. i was eating one a few weeks back and noticed the seeds were germinating with nice tendrils. i threw one into a 8" pot and it only started to develop the first real row of leaves (1.5 inch total height). i know it was likely focusing on growing the roots out in a 8 inch pot which likely left its height a bit stunted. i kinda panicked and cut a 2" diameter around the plant and put it on a 4 .5" pot the stem under the soil was atleast 1 inch in length and i likely did cut a decent amount of roots from one side of the plant. the next few days-week will tell if its was too much.

its not a big loss as i got more apples and too many germinating seeds of the same apple variety. i dont plan to put the tree in a proper garden but i do hope it can one day become a bonsai apple tree in 6-8 inch pot somewhere around 1-2 foot tall. is it even possible and just how fast can i expect it to typically grow in 6 months? i dont expect any fruit to come from it, i just want to keep it as a fun project.

This post has been edited by 207 on May 25 2017, 04:45 PM
APX
Posted: May 25 2017, 09:14 PM

^

No, but i'm currently taking care of a Lemon tree right now. Just got it a few months back. So far it's doing good, seen a few lemons budding, but some fell, there's one that's getting there, it's the thickness of a middle finger, just above the first knuckle/joint (Maybe a bit smaller)

So maybe by the end of summer i'll have one lemon!

Also, looking ahead at college, i'm so fucking confused on what I wanna do or how i'd even pay for it. I know Financial Aid will help and some scholarships, but other than that, not sure. So far Nurse/medical assisting field seems where I might be headed.
Posted: May 25 2017, 09:52 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (APX @ 37 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
^

No, but i'm currently taking care of a Lemon tree right now. Just got it a few months back. So far it's doing good, seen a few lemons budding, but some fell, there's one that's getting there, it's the thickness of a middle finger, just above the first knuckle/joint (Maybe a bit smaller)

So maybe by the end of summer i'll have one lemon!

Also, looking ahead at college, i'm so fucking confused on what I wanna do or how i'd even pay for it. I know Financial Aid will help and some scholarships, but other than that, not sure. So far Nurse/medical assisting field seems where I might be headed.

thanks, i did some checking on the nets and some people on the gardening sites say that apple trees "burn up" their energy and exhaust themselves in 5-6 year without proper hibernation. i have this Brugmansia that i got 4 years ago or so around 3-4 ft tall and nearly 1/2" stem at the base. it hasnt gone thru a winter cycle but its still alive. i got it in a bigger pot 12-14" but i have stunted its growth but it rarely flowers on me sad.gif .

This post has been edited by 207 on May 25 2017, 09:53 PM
xiao
  Posted: May 29 2017, 08:17 AM

moon bunny

whistling.gif ~ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

This post has been edited by xiao on Jun 1 2017, 12:46 PM

447 Pages  « 378 379 380 381 382 »