Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - flash you back (Electro house mix)

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
• Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
• Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 140,649  ·  Replies: 104 
> Translations Thread, All That Moonspeak, Deciphered!!
superROB-Z
Posted: Jul 31 2008, 10:01 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,241

so got the jap version like two weeks ago and since then been trying to use the online part of it. sadly the part i get stuck at is where you choose to join a room in free battle. once i choose i room another display says something (dk jap) and takes me back to the main menu of the network. i fellowed the directions of the translated section in the fellowing pages but it just explains that once u join a room you have to wait a while. so far i havent gotten there, what am i doing wrong!
MzdaspD
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 04:38 PM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,047

hey, can anyone teach me how to get the words 雨宮 on my ides?
Tessou
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 04:46 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Absolutely! You may have noticed that the game tries to figure out what you're typing as a name sometimes. If you use hiragana and phonetically sound out the kanji, it will eventually narrow down to what you're looking for (Rain Palace?).

- For 雨, you should type あめ
- For 宮, you should type きゅう or みや (both mean the same thing)
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
MzdaspD
Posted: Aug 1 2008, 05:04 PM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

Oh sweet, thanks a lot tesso! =D
JPLUS
Posted: Aug 4 2008, 02:27 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,183

You're gonna want あめみや if you're going for Amemiya smile.gif
superROB-Z
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 02:00 PM

Shmuck

does anybody not want to help me here, i mean i bought the jap version and im still not getting online so i would like to know whats up!
Tessou
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 06:49 PM

Group Icon

You need to clarify the problem. I can't help you with such limited information you gave me. Because I suspect you will take a while to reply, here's a handy dandy guide to getting online in IDES.

At the main menu, your options are Legend of the Streets, Time Attack, Replay, Network, Options, and Comic. You need to select Network Mode, the fourth option. This is only available on the JP version and the background of the option looks like a map of Japan with stars behind it.

Now, you will be faced with three options in the next screen. You need to select the second (middle) option to agree to the online play document. Sometimes the system will ask you to sign into PSN here. Once you sign in, you'll be whisked away to the Network Mode hub. The top two options on this screen are RANKED MODE and FREE BATTLE MODE. If you want to play ranked matches to upgrade your rank (for auras and bragging rights), go to ranking. If you want to play against friends, select free mode.

In ranking mode, hitting the top option immediately looks for an opponent and you'll begin setting up a race.

In free mode, the top option lets you join an existing room, which can hold up to 6 players. Those 6 can freely challenge each other endlessly. The second option lets you create a room, complete with a password if you want one.

Inside a room, select the SECOND option and then click on another player in the room to challenge them.
superROB-Z
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 06:20 AM

Shmuck

OK the part i get stuck in is well ok lets start with rank battle. when i go there it does begin a search but something in text appears and i hit circle and it takes me back to the menu. i mean im i hiting something wrong here or what. now for free battle, when i go to free course and choose a room instead of the green rectangler text or something that allows be to progress a orange or red rectangler appears and takes me back to the menu. this also applys to other course in free battle. so whats the deal, this is the japanese version cause i did own the aisan one but sold it to get this version. i saw in youtube using the ranking battle and fellow the direction there but up to the part when its seaching with japan in the background a green rectangler text box appears hit circle and takes me back to the main menu. its like to resticting me from loging into any room or battle. whats the deal with the orange/red rectangler text box saying and why cant i rank battle.
superROB-Z
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 07:05 AM

Shmuck

this is what appears after the searching in rank battle!
user posted image

user posted image

then in free course

user posted image
Silfa
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 07:31 AM

Time Attack Session!

Member No.: 25,308

you do understand that is very normal. it takes me at least 3-4 times to get one battle going when I was ranking up with my first account.
superROB-Z
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 10:09 AM

Shmuck

ok so heres the free battle room
user posted image

now lets say i want to go to KAKA or the one above it. this will appear.

user posted image
user posted image
so..............what does this mean the same goes when i create my own room, WTH is going on!
Silfa
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 10:18 AM

Time Attack Session!

Member No.: 25,308

could be your internet setup? do you have wireless?
superROB-Z
Posted: Aug 10 2008, 10:38 AM

Shmuck

yes i do, linksys router
apple
Posted: Aug 11 2008, 06:14 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 16,610

Tessou
Posted: Aug 12 2008, 03:14 AM

Group Icon

Sometimes the server just craps out on US players. Give it a few hours and try again.
superROB-Z
Posted: Aug 12 2008, 04:52 AM

Shmuck

really damn I HAVENT EVEN BATTLE ANYBODY ONLINE YET crying2.gif crying2.gif . one of the big reasons why i bought this game. is there anyway i can improve this cause that same message appears ALOT like everytime i want to play online.
MzdaspD
Posted: Aug 12 2008, 06:16 AM

RE雨宮~wtfbbq!

play during day time in Japan? I don't know. You'll bond to find someone whenever you play.
JPLUS
Posted: Aug 12 2008, 09:07 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,183

superROB-Z
Posted: Aug 12 2008, 06:45 PM

Shmuck

FINALLY GOT ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks JPLUS but it seems the real problem wasnt the connection well it was but ok....after playing around trying to understand the NAT type 2 network setting i just couldnt enable it in my PS3 so id pretty much had given up till i found something interesting on the linksys website.

it seems alot of ppl were having DNS errors when connecting to the PSN (which had been happening to me for a while). sometimes connect sometimes not. in the forum i notice that my router had a update on its firmware last march so i decided to updated since i tried everything else to get the Type 2 NAT. once it update i tried updateing the PSN info and to my surpise it pick tp NAT type 2.

as soon as i saw that i pop in IDES loged in the network HUB in finally had my first 10 battles tonight WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRAKING SWEAT!!!!! this is why i wanted this game! thanks everybody who tired to help! PSN name: superROB IDES name:ROB-Z
dDrRaGeX
Posted: Sep 3 2008, 10:07 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,160

Hey dude, i dont suppose you could give the link to where you
got the update?
shuyinhk
Posted: Nov 17 2008, 02:10 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 30,836

hi i just got my copy today and i cant seem to find anybody to play. is everybody sleeping?
Im playing from canada. happy.gif
icedagger
Posted: Nov 17 2008, 03:29 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

yeah, maybe. Most of the active players play from Japan. So if you're logging in when it's like 2am over there you probably won't have anyone to battle against.
enojy
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 09:17 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,422

thanks so much to everyone who helped with translations! anything beyond hiragana is a mess to me so i was pretty lost trying to navigate menus etc...
o MADAZ o
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 03:53 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 32,223

Thanx for the info people this will come in very hady for someone that doesnt speak any Japanese at all. happy.gif
DarK_Mini
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 05:06 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,060

Hay guys does anyone know how to convert hui wah szeto into hiragana or whatever ides uses LOL.

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5