Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Symbol - Forever Love Me

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

30 Pages  « 27 28 29 30  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 78,903  ·  Replies: 733 
> IDAS5 Technical Thread, Temporary Tech Discussion Thread
Yosh
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 10:12 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,868

Hi guys!
I'm a beginner in Initial D world, but I'm owner of an Initial D arcade stage 5...
I want to upgrade my Honda integra, should'I buy all items in garage's menu? Or just few items? Or what steps upgrade? I play on exp version.
Thanks. wink2.gif
justxsongs
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 08:19 PM

FUCK

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,783

Upgrade the internal parts 1st.
External part won't affect your car.
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 10:56 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I've been coming across some Pseudo Drift styles; Threshold braking I'd call it.

Basically they slow down ENOUGH to make the turn by barely, then brake while they're turning so they can slide the car past the apex.

Anyone have a different idea?
ShinkuRyu
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 06:16 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 29,330

Isn't that the normal drift? Except that you need to tap the gas a bit then brake again to drift. Not sure if that's what you're trying to say...
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 07:13 PM

Reading is magic!

Is it?

This comes across as fundamentally different to me. The normal drift as I see it is braking to slightly below the normal cornering speed then flooring it out at the apex to increase acceleration.

This style is braking just enough so that when you turn, you can make the corner, but would normally lose boost if you did it at that speed. Then right before the apex they nail the brake again to lower the speed to the usual speed, as well as twist the car. It's like a drift with the speed boost on the entry instead of the exit.
PandaApex
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 07:18 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 29,092

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 5 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
Is it?

This comes across as fundamentally different to me. The normal drift as I see it is braking to slightly below the normal cornering speed then flooring it out at the apex to increase acceleration.

This style is braking just enough so that when you turn, you can make the corner, but would normally lose boost if you did it at that speed. Then right before the apex they nail the brake again to lower the speed to the usual speed, as well as twist the car. It's like a drift with the speed boost on the entry instead of the exit.

really? How I would do a drift (Esp on Iro) is brake and full throttle for half a second while turning and still on the gas then let off both while the car slides around the turn. I should try both methods later this week.
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 11 2010, 10:34 PM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (PandaApex @ 3 hours, 16 minutes ago)
really? How I would do a drift (Esp on Iro) is brake and full throttle for half a second while turning and still on the gas then let off both while the car slides around the turn. I should try both methods later this week.

EDIT:
I was right, this IS faster than Late braking through the corner. BUT! It will cost you a buttload of boost should you screw it up. I suggest you use this sparingly on really tight corners that are taken slow to speed up acceleration.

This post has been edited by DigiBunny on Jul 12 2010, 04:14 AM
XxKadajxX
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 08:48 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 34,567

Can anyone tell me, how do I attack the uncovered gutters on Nagao? I saw quite a number of pros, going through them without falling into it..
LETS*
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 05:54 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 34,407

QUOTE (XxKadajxX @ 9 hours, 2 minutes ago)
Can anyone tell me, how do I attack the uncovered gutters on Nagao? I saw quite a number of pros, going through them without falling into it..

I know that you must go above a certain speed to attack them. Not sure what speed though, it's been a long time of not playing ID5....estimated speed is about 80+ I think?

This post has been edited by LETS* on Jul 24 2010, 05:56 PM
Randy
Posted: Jul 24 2010, 10:30 PM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Member No.: 32,890

As a prolonged player that runs Nagao for quite a long time, attacking the gutters at Nagao can be somewhere around 80 or above, just like LETS mentioned. The gutters can still be tackled even if you're at the speed of 78-79 etc.

However, anywhere lower than 75 is probably gonna result in your front tires stuck on the gutter. :/
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 26 2010, 06:29 PM

Reading is magic!

If you start out driving Akina DH with a GC8, stop halfway and start going uphill, do you get the course car boost then...? >w>
takumi13954
Posted: Apr 15 2011, 12:30 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,261

oh! i also ply D5 at mines and TS

now MINES was changed to Ver EXP 2.0
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Apr 15 2011, 01:38 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (takumi13954 @ 1 hour, 8 minutes ago)
oh! i also ply D5 at mines and TS

now MINES was changed to Ver EXP 2.0

if you play at TS, i don't you play IDAS6AA?
takumi13954
Posted: Apr 15 2011, 09:16 PM

IDW Full Member

i noe gt ids6aa d,but tis few weeks i only go mines play~no ppl temanku go TSzzz
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Apr 16 2011, 01:25 PM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (takumi13954 @ Yesterday, 1:16 PM)
i noe gt ids6aa d,but tis few weeks i only go mines play~no ppl temanku go TSzzz

well good luck on finding a "teman" wink2.gif
takumi13954
Posted: Apr 17 2011, 03:24 AM

IDW Full Member

damn it!!!!the mines's D5 machine dissappeared!!!mayb change D6aa leh,wan ply D6 or not leh?
BBL2R
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 07:29 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,308

Excuse me, what do u guy mean by attacking Nagao's gutters? Only thing I know & tried so far is going very fast through 'em (above 80 or 90 kmh maybe) with half the tire on the gutter so that the car slide faster (easily know for the steering wheel feels lighter), and I usually try this at the last gutter when Takumi switches off his headlights.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Apr 25 2011, 09:52 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (BBL2R @ 2 hours, 23 minutes ago)
Excuse me, what do u guy mean by attacking Nagao's gutters? Only thing I know & tried so far is going very fast through 'em (above 80 or 90 kmh maybe) with half the tire on the gutter so that the car slide faster (easily know for the steering wheel feels lighter), and I usually try this at the last gutter when Takumi switches off his headlights.

the description you just descibed is what we meant by "attacking the gutters in nagao"
BBL2R
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 07:49 AM

IDW Full Member

Last night I watched vid of someone from "Nagao beginner's guide" n he really nail the gutter by slide over it with one of the front tire completely over the gutter.

What I do is just let half the tire over the gutter so less g-force on the tire in order to slide faster.
wangzp
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:26 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,584

I find nagao the hardest map to play.
BBL2R
Posted: Jul 29 2011, 03:35 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (justxsongs @ Jul 2 2010, 08:19 PM)
Upgrade the internal parts 1st.
External part won't affect your car.

I'm totally disagreed with that. Rear Spoiler does make a huge different in handling n somehow affect the outcome between uphill n downhill.

Not so sure about bodykits but I personally think it does, too.
BBL2R
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 07:06 AM

IDW Full Member

I recently notice something wrong about the in-store Time Attack boards. Some of the records were moved from one map to another.

For example: my Tsukuba OB records were moved to Nagao & Happogahara as well. I noticed becuz 3'09"xxx is far beyond my skill on Nagao DH even dry condition.

Could someone tell me just what is wrong with the machine? And no matter how hard I try, I still couldn't shake down the records of 3'56"471 on AKAGI (DH-Rain), mine is 3'56'488. Any expert's tip on this?

This post has been edited by BBL2R on Aug 4 2011, 07:09 AM
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 12:30 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

QUOTE (BBL2R @ Aug 4 2011, 11:06 PM)
I recently notice something wrong about the in-store Time Attack boards. Some of the records were moved from one map to another.

For example: my Tsukuba OB records were moved to Nagao & Happogahara as well. I noticed becuz 3'09"xxx is far beyond my skill on Nagao DH even dry condition.

Could someone tell me just what is wrong with the machine? And no matter how hard I try, I still couldn't shake down the records of 3'56"471 on AKAGI (DH-Rain), mine is 3'56'488. Any expert's tip on this?

It's a bug with the server. You have to ask the technicians to reset the leaderboards....nothing else you can do about it.
BBL2R
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 10:29 PM

IDW Full Member

I recently come up with a theory that Turbo Charge car won't perform as well under wet condition as Super Charge or NA car. Since Turbo Charge is base on waste gas to produce extra power which might lost due to being cool down under the rain.

I test it on a full-tuned FC3S and AP1 at AKAGI (DH-Wet). FC3S still hold the record but I still can't go any further with that result, and it does feel lack of lots of power on some corners compare to dry condition. The AP1 show more promises under this circumstance but I still haven't spend enough time with it than the FC.

Looking forward to see any comment from any expert about my theory.
axxisamril
  Posted: Sep 17 2011, 03:34 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,888

Hello everyone!

OK guys I know there are already IDAS6AA here in Malaysia (I'm a newbie from Malaysia), but there is an arcade game center here have an IDAS5 (EXP 1.0 I think from what I've read).

Question is:
Last time I inserted some tokens to buy an ID card, since there is an option to buy a card from that machine, and I waited for the process, but suddenly there is an error announced in Japanese with red words, and what I could focus on the word is "ERROR 403" (or something like that - half-forgot the number but its either 403 or 404).

Went to the counter and the staff said she didn't know anything, had to call the manager and got the redeemed tokens instead of my card.

The next day I went they paste a message "Can use card, but cannot buy card". I'm really confused since I read somewhere in this forum that if there is no card inside the menu to buy a card will not be there, or inaccessible. any help here?

Update: Found out what Error 403 means, problem with issuing the new card. So there are cards inside but error occurred. So could I apply the solution proposed by Kengai_rcrZero used on IDAS3 found on (h-teeteepee://) idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=13289&st=0? Any idea? Thank you in advance!

This post has been edited by axxisamril on Sep 17 2011, 04:48 AM

30 Pages  « 27 28 29 30