Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Fastway - Raising Hell

Views: 5,016  ·  Replies: 0 
> Unexpected Long Downtimes, Explanations from the host.
Perry
    Posted: Sep 11 2005, 03:16 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Since the beginning of this month, up until today the server has been down for almost 60 hours cumulatively. The first long downtime lasted from Sept. 1st, 2005 to Sept. 3rd, 2005, for about 36 hours. The more recent one lasted from 6:57PM Sept. 8th, 2005 to 5:15PM Sept. 9th, 2005. Because the server has never experienced something like this (not in this degree) before, I demanded for a reasonable explanation of this from the host.

"The Apache software failed because it wasn't set up for the new setting when we fixed it from the problem a few days ago." According to Lawrence M., owner of Initial Source Network. "Apparently when we try to fix [the server] yesterday, [the Apache software] wasn't updated with it." Lawrence also pointed out there was another DNS problem with the server. "[There] was another mistake, the server was working but it wasn't connected with the DNS." And possible downtimes are expected within the next few days. "[We] can not guarantee anything this week since random things are happening but as far as I see now [everything] is fixed."

I'll keep you all posted with any updates I have. Thanks for your support and patience.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project