Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Jay Lehr - Hi Love

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,925  ·  Replies: 10 
> Trouble in Tsukuba HELP!, IDAS4
DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Jan 19 2009, 06:06 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,624

Hi I drive a Suzuki Cappuccino. It is AT and I usually play 3rd person view please tell me what im doing wrong sad.gif . i cant seem to keep up with the EK9 in Tsukuba. I mean i can block him until the long straightaway right before the check point. And does turning off your lights for blind attacks make a difference? confused2.gif
marauder340
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 06:52 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,290

I would suggest you try driving in 1st Person view first. The 3rd Person view handles differently from the 1st Person (in 3rd, you have to turn earlier compared to 1st) and isn't really used by the majority of players.

There are, however, certain players like AURICK who are insane at driving in 3rd Person view. If you really plan on driving in 3rd person then I suggest you ask help from them or practice some more. IMO stick to 1st person view for now.

As for the usage of Blind Attack, turning your headlights off does absolutely jack to make you faster. It's usually just used to show off or when you and a friend decide to do it just for kicks.

As far as I know, turning your headlights off only means less road visibility, your opponent not being able to see the distance counter, and higher chances of you hitting the rails.

This post has been edited by marauder340 on Jan 19 2009, 06:54 AM
DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Jan 27 2009, 05:27 PM

IDW Senior Member

Thanx for the advice i got past iro and i just beat the yellow FD in Akagi laugh.gif my cappa is has now got stage 7 engine large turbine smile.gif

This post has been edited by DRIFTGEAR on Jan 29 2009, 05:31 PM
DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Feb 3 2009, 06:43 PM

IDW Senior Member

i have completed Akagi, Myogi, and iro now im up to ry in akina but he keep on passing me right befor cp3 can any body give me advice plz? please.gif
Mr. Shine
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 03:59 PM

Troll King

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,757

QUOTE (DRIFTGEAR @ Feb 3 2009, 06:43 PM)
i have completed Akagi, Myogi, and iro now im up to ry in akina but he keep on passing me right befor cp3 can any body give me advice plz? please.gif

Don't hit the walls.

Seriously, practice the course more in Time Attack. You won't learn anything if you keep playing LotS and losing, then getting worked up and frustrated.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 05:04 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Turning off your headlights is a great way to pass a blocker on a course you are familiar with. I`ve surprised several opponents on Internet Battle using the blind attack. Taking down blockers on Harun... err Akina uphill by shutting off my headlights, and taking the inside line on a hairpin. Using the blind attack on a course you are unfamiliar with though, could do you some damage.

Also, switch over to MT as soon as possible. Yes, there are people who are very good with AT, but MT and first person are good combination - along with practice, more power and handling mods, you should be up and smacking those computer players around in no time.
mataa
Posted: Feb 15 2009, 09:10 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 31,897

Well In Tsubuka i can't beat that god "fat" foot. pinch2.gif Any suggession??

Anyway i use evo IX and i tune it 7-4-6-1-7
DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Mar 18 2009, 02:59 PM

IDW Senior Member

Yeah Me To I'm Stuck On Him Im Up To Takumi On Akina Cant Get Past Kai Rain On Iro Just Beat So Called God Arm In Tsukuba, And All Of The Other Courses I Have Beaten Them Oh Yeah I Drive That Black EVo That Kyle Drives And I Have A Stage 3 Engine Stage 4 Suspension And Thats About It. And I Still Play 3rd Person View But Switched Over To MT, Thanks For The Advice BTW People It Really Helped A Lot grin2.gif

This post has been edited by DRIFTGEAR on Mar 18 2009, 03:00 PM
DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Jul 25 2009, 04:52 AM

IDW Senior Member

Hello its me again I have recently tuned my capp to 7-6-5 and all the rest are 0. i have defeated Takumi in Akina I took the RHOD at 141kph and the LHOD at 141kph or around there I made a major breakthrough when I decided to follow Takumi's breaking patterns and now I'm having trouble with K.T in Tsukuba I really loose speed in the middle of the roller coaster aka the M turn. What I do is the curve before them I take as fast as I try with a little breaking and then as I'm turning for the rollar coaster I spin out and i have to take those tight corners at 3rd gear sad.gif I'm wondering should I start to break for the roller coaster at the apex of the curve before those tight corners
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 25 2009, 05:11 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

I dont quite remember my ID4 days that clearly; but I do remember that halfway UP the Inbound, Keisuke will push you harder than before and get ahead. Block the inside like mad.

If you're spinning out, yeah , too fast. Find a possible speed for that corner through TA and then push that speed in the battle.
DRIFTGEAR
  Posted: Jul 30 2009, 05:28 PM

IDW Senior Member

I'm finally free. I have defeated LoTs. I am FREE grin2.gif No longer do I need to play. Well at least until they buy IDV5 but until then WMMT3 all the way and the occasional noob owning in IDV4. Thanks for you'r help I need to go now.