Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Extasy In My Dream

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,396  ·  Replies: 32 
> Well apparently Sega thinks this is a good idea, Perfect Shift 2nd Stage
RIT_ninja
  Posted: Dec 11 2014, 06:13 PM

ざけんなよ!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 13,218

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/11/initi...getting-sequel/

Why Sega? Why won't you give us a console port of new Arcade Stages? This is seriously not what fans want. They're simply supporting this game in hopes Sega will make an ACTUAL Initial D racing game (for 3DS or PS4? I don't care)

I read an article on 1up some years ago regarding that "Japanese games don't suck, they're just not for you", but seriously this is just plain lazy. PS4 runs on similar hardware to the PC, they could've just ported Arcade Stage 7/8 or something. I don't know what backward language they use to code for RingEdge, but a lot of games including Maximum Tune are done in Python nowadays and PC compatible hardwares do run Python.

One word for Sega, "lazy".

This post has been edited by RIT_ninja on Dec 11 2014, 06:18 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 20 2014, 10:01 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Man, just saw this news myself, it's kind of disappointing, but I guess the first game must've made them quite a bit of money with a low level of effort and money required to make it, so it's no surprise that they're going to milk it.
Falbere
Posted: Dec 20 2014, 10:31 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Hahaaa.... still waiting for international release of the 1st game though.
but i agree i would rather have a PS4 port of the latest arcade stage. But this game isn't bad actually.

But hey, I don't recall sega giving love (and budget) to initial d after the first 5 arcade versions. For the popularity of IDAS currently this is probably okay. Sega had huge success on exporting Ver. 1 to 3. But since then arcade died a little in countries like US.

This post has been edited by Falbere on Dec 20 2014, 10:34 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
KENZZ
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 02:51 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,347

They are so long overdue from porting ID5,6,7,8 onto PS3... as Extreme Stage 2,3,4,5

But I assumed its due to their lackluster release that is IDS4 which was ungraciously ported. And the fact a bad game had small sales detered from releasing 5-8 as ports.

Can't blame sega for being afraid. besides. its a helluva money to be lost if they did port it.

I wished for the day ID5 came as ExStage 2... it never came.
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 03:18 AM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

^ i'd rather get a ps3 re-release of extra stage PLUS featuring the idas8 features given it uses the same graphics engine since IDAS4 with slight anti aliasing and reflection/flare effects than PSSS.

and speaking of PSSS/Perfect shift second stage... WHO GAVE SEGA COCCAINE AGAIN?!
KENZZ
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 03:24 AM

IDW Full Member

How do you pronouce that? Pssssh?
Ptsk?
puersssss?

Sega's been high on the rocks ever since they decided not to port any games on console and ever sicne they got the $ for the rocks.

#backontherocks
Meteor
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 11:18 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

^ i'd rather get a ps3 re-release of extreme stage PLUS featuring the idas8 features given it uses the same graphics engine since IDAS4 with slight anti aliasing and reflection/flare effects than PSSS.

Fixed that for you.

Though now I'm wondering what a game adaptation of Extra Stage would even be like...
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 12:26 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I'm just disappointed they didn't release a physical version of the first game. I'm not a huge fan of buying digital games. Especially ones on a Nintendo system, since their policy is absolutely awful.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 12:38 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 12 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
I'm just disappointed they didn't release a physical version of the first game. I'm not a huge fan of buying digital games. Especially ones on a Nintendo system, since their policy is absolutely awful.

Thank you so much for agreeing with me! I thought I was the only one against DLC because I was old fashioned but yes! Nintendo's policy on digital stuff is kinda dumb. I stay away from that crap. But that's beside the point.

Why is everyone surprised with this turn of events that SEGA is doing? Look at how crappy Sonic games are now, its like they're not even trying. SEGA has gone to the insane asylum and there isn't really a way to get them back. There is no recovery from this nonsense.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 01:12 PM

QUOTE (KENZZ @ Today, 6:51 AM)
They are so long overdue from porting ID5,6,7,8 onto PS3... as Extreme Stage 2,3,4,5

But I assumed its due to their lackluster release that is IDS4 which was ungraciously ported. And the fact a bad game had small sales detered from releasing 5-8 as ports.

Can't blame sega for being afraid. besides. its a helluva money to be lost if they did port it.

I wished for the day ID5 came as ExStage 2... it never came.

It's worth noting that in the last few years there have been some financial difficulties they've been going through so they're just playing it safe.

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 45 minutes, 4 seconds ago)

What is weird to me is why they haven't released it on Android or iOS.
Shiroboi
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 06:29 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,962

When I first saw perfect shift, I thought, they finally did a proper initial D racing game for portable and mobile devices. But after a few minutes I was like, hey, waitaminute, you're not actually racing in this game. Instead of making good engaging games, they're just milking the franchise. Something that Japanese developers seem very good at.

I'm intent on making a real racing game where you can actually drift. A big up sell to Perfect Shift customers.
BURN_BABY_BURN
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 06:34 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 39,955

I guess the best bet now is to wait for a Lindbergh emulator, apparently there's one being worked on for Linux.
Shirogane
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 06:40 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

I wouldn't trust Sega at this point. They've spat out so many atrocious games - granted, there are a few good gems, but the ratio of bad games to good ones is a bit too high.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 10:20 PM

It just occurred to me, but isn't this game kind of like that Initial D Game Boy Advance game?
Meteor
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 10:25 PM

^As far as I'm aware you just hit shift points as they come up in this game, whereas the GBA game involved actual strategy.
BOZZ
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Meteor @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
^As far as I'm aware you just hit shift points as they come up in this game, whereas the GBA game involved actual strategy.

Yeah, but from what I've seen in the trailers it's similar in that there isn't much interaction. For this Perfect Shift game you select the shifting point whereas the GBA game you have to pick from a set of options when entering a corner (which is where the whole strategy bit comes in as you mentioned).

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Dec 21 2014, 11:26 PM
W.A.R
Posted: Dec 22 2014, 12:46 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 11,318

I can see why they released a part 2.

This game was probably popular
And its most likely cheaper to make

Making a new PS4 game would take more money for Sega. Sega also most likely saw the bad reviews for Initial D Extreme stage which is based on version 4 which really did suck bad and felt like a freakin beta test for a new engine since it was updated with better graphics....version 4 brahhh..........version fourrrr facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by W.A.R on Dec 22 2014, 12:52 AM
KENZZ
Posted: Dec 22 2014, 01:50 AM

IDW Full Member

Even Yakuza 3-4 was censored in western markets.

Segas made so many bad desicisions...

Didn't Rit_Ninja did a petition to make ports of IDS5
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 22 2014, 02:08 AM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

^ DID HE?Where?!
Meteor
Posted: Dec 22 2014, 02:35 AM

QUOTE (BOZZ)
Yeah, but from what I've seen in the trailers it's similar in that there isn't much interaction. For this Perfect Shift game you select the shifting point whereas the GBA game you have to pick from a set of options when entering a corner (which is where the whole strategy bit comes in as you mentioned).

The options are actually only half of it. In the GBA game you also have to rev up the car to the right RPM at the start to determine how good of a launch you get, and you also get to move your car around on the straights (which is not only crucial for setting up overtakes or blocking the opponent, but is also crucial in determining how well you can turn into a corner, what moves you can use, and how much it wears down your tires). This little bit of movement ends up factoring into the strategy quite a bit, and the opponent can do this as well, so you have to be wary of overtakes/blocking from the opponent too. It's also something that's present through most of the course, and the fact that it also affects your cornering and tire wear also comes into play in situations where the cars are side-by-side. You still don't get to drive, but it actually isn't that lacking in interactivity in the end. I don't know if Perfect Shift has anything similar.

As for that petition, that'd be here. I wouldn't expect SEGA to actually look at it though.
Falbere
Posted: Dec 22 2014, 04:13 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Oh look, 25 people signed it... And I am one of them...

This is as good as saying the community don't want another console port to SEGA. So I rather they don't see it.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted: Dec 23 2014, 11:39 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 43,964

What did the article say ? The link's broken.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
RIT_ninja
  Posted: Dec 28 2014, 05:49 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

QUOTE (Falbere @ Dec 22 2014, 04:13 AM)
Oh look, 25 people signed it... And I am one of them...

This is as good as saying the community don't want another console port to SEGA. So I rather they don't see it.

ehh I did, but the lack of interest from people and no replies from Sega really led the petition to nowhere. I could try again, but I'm really strapped down by my day job and night classes.

The way I'm seeing Japanese game developers are that they only make games to milk a franchise or milk money out of the players through micro-transaction. Every major publisher is doing it: Sega, Square, Capcom, etc.

I seriously hope Lindbergh and RingEdge gets cracked so we can run IDAS at home with our racing wheels if Sega decides to abandon Initial D
The Sixth Element
Posted: Dec 28 2014, 11:05 PM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

Its all about the money to Sega even if they are near bankruptcy.
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted: Dec 29 2014, 12:56 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 43,964

I still dont understand it, i cant open the link as it is broken.

edit : Scratch that, i can finally open the link.

Can't believe they decide to make a 2nd one. Why not s proper racing game for god sake.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Dec 29 2014, 02:09 AM

2 Pages  1 2