Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing Takumi Shouri!

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

159 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 310,288  ·  Replies: 3,950 
> Post Your Day !!, Interesting events ^_^
EA11R
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 02:46 PM

coffee break anyone?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,978

Version 2 player here! just stumbled on this forum, so I'm gonna sunnarize a few days at once.

DAY 1: Driving full-tune Capp, I beat bunta in LOTS. on the last turn when I knew I won, I just kinda did a wierd laugh...too used to Bunta being really fast in V1. Pretty close battle till last bit, but why does Bunta corner so horribly? Also, won many battles against many n00bs (my arcade only has n00bs, it sucks. good for aura, though!). Idiots see my 11,000 tachometer and think it is really powerful. Funny to watch them drive it for first time! Tested out GC8V on DH Iroha and it is perfect for me. The vehicle instantly meshes with my driving style, putting me through corners more quickly than my EA11R, going faster in a straight line, and somehow automatically giving me a perfect racing line (?). Woulda bought card but arcade was out that day. Stupid arcade's special (sorry, but must be vague) allows me to play for free most of the time!

DAY 2: came back to buy GC8V card, but the cards were gone. In fact, so was the machine! Tis gone waaay too much. Oh well, I'll call in a few weeks and see if it is fixed. They say it will be in 2 weeks.

30 DAYS LATER: I call and they say it will be back in 3 weeks. Well, that sucks, as I am an IDAS addict. Oh well, to the internet, AWAY!!!!

3 WEEKS LATER: I call and they say the machine is back and stocked with cards. YYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY! I hitch a ride with mommy (13 yrs old, don't have car) and go down to the arcade. [SIZE=14]IT'S NOT THERE[SIZE=1] Bastards! I give the front desk and earful and learn that they apologize and don't know when it will be back. Mommy buys ice cream on way home to make happy!

LATER...: Decided on name for eventual GC8V card: 'RX' lol, no? don't jack my name!!
brian mayhem
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 03:50 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

I decided to put in one last day of some D before I take a break until I get a few paychecks in. Did a few rounds of TA on Shomaru Outbound and Tsuchisaka Outbound. I didn't really improve. Most of the tries were FQs.

Then comes along the biggest noob I've ever seen. Everyone except him understood the concept of placing your card ontop of the machine to let others know "Hey, i'm next in line." He was being a complete a-hole about it, so I just let him be. He lost 2 consecutive battles then stormed away. As the second sil80 finished a TA, I finally got to play. Immediately, I was challenged to an Irohazaka Downhill battle against the same sil80 whom had just gotten off. I pulled away after the first corner, then significantly after he reversed himself. And for once, I got a Battle Level up because of a win. So I'm not at BL 14.
EA11R
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 04:05 PM

coffee break anyone?

QUOTE (GC8Vdrifter @ Today at 4:50 PM)
Then comes along the biggest noob I've ever seen. Everyone except him understood the concept of placing your card ontop of the machine to let others know "Hey, i'm next in line." He was being a complete a-hole about it, so I just let him be. He lost 2 consecutive battles then stormed away. As the second sil80 finished a TA, I finally got to play. Immediately, I was challenged to an Irohazaka Downhill battle against the same sil80 whom had just gotten off. I pulled away after the first corner, then significantly after he reversed himself. And for once, I got a Battle Level up because of a win. So I'm not at BL 14.

biggest noob you've ever seen? I'm jealous. In Palmdale, CA, there are some huge idiots playing. They stomp extremely hard on gas petal to 'go faster', can't tell the difference between cars that are not alike at all, think cappuccino is a dragster upon seeing it's high-RPM tachometer, and the one that stands head and shoulders below the rest, the one with not only a below-room-temperature-IQ, but a below-age-IQ and possibly below-shoe-size-IQ, the one that insists on driving in an automatic transmissioned R34 on Myogi [the noobs all do that, whether or not we admit it. I know I did crying2.gif ] driving with one hand on steering wheel with his hand turned upside down, and, if memory serves, stomping the gas petal!

Sorry about going so off-topic. I consider this a 'story' topic, so I figure that if it is more exciting to read, it has improved. I tried to make this post as exciting as I can. Please notify me if anyone disagrees. I'm not looking to get warned or banned, but I cannot know when I am stepping over the line if I do not know where exactly this line is.
Cowman715
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 05:31 PM

The only Miata driver around

Member No.: 14,640

Did some Lots today... Alomost done the 2nd time... just 3 people left on Akina...

SOme kids were there... fighting lmao... It was so funny... but it got in the way of the machine and I was pissed. Got a free game out of it via arcade owner biggrin.gif

Some kid asked me... what's the fastest car... At first I said RX-8... but then I said Capp... because technically it is... Haha. Boy oh boy... Can't wait till they play anything Wet biggrin.gif
EA11R
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 05:47 PM

coffee break anyone?

QUOTE (Cowman715 @ Today at 6:31 PM)
Some kid asked me... what's the fastest car... At first I said RX-8... but then I said Capp... because technically it is... Haha. Boy oh boy... Can't wait till they play anything Wet biggrin.gif

Ah good, so it is not just my crappy skills in wet slowing me down too much!
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 06:02 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

today was ok. played id3 for the first time in 2 weeks or so, 4 battles
1 ct9a(me) vs ae86t on tsuchisaka ob, i was surprised of the choice of course none theless i won by 200m
2 ct9a his freind takes his gc8 to tsu ob, smoked him badly too, both of these 2 ppl didnt stand a chance to my decent skill.

3 ct9a vs cappuchino akagi ddh, they got their freind to kick my butt with a bl13 ea11r. first section was ok until the snakes (not sure wat called) lol i passed his tiny cappo like he was standing still on his left. hit the wall on the snakes and that tiny speed demon was far ahead. i just overreved in 2/3rd gear cause i didnt hav a chance for a bit (a habit i get if im too far away to win in vs races)

4 sil80 vs same ea11r usui, played arons there, lost pretty badly

though of trying to vs his cappo with evo7 on akn snow but didnt

finaly took time to see the evo7 stats bl6 36races 24wins. i saw the first guy doing a run and though wat the hell ill play here and actually was chalenged by him.

did some lots

did sho in 1, 2 and 1 shots each win i managed to scrape by in the narow sections somehow. beat kyoko in tsu, i really hate sho. only akina and tsu left for lots 2x

finaly got the evo7 within ft 50k points left, ill go bak tomorow to finish the job.

edit: that took long to post

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 30 2006, 06:04 PM
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 06:12 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

Pretty bad day.

No real improvements... well, there's that, and I'm just greedy. tongue.gif

Drove the Evo4 around on Iro after not playing it for about a month. I tried a no-tech approach and hit 59"906. The jumps are hard without eraser!

I also threw it around on Happo OBD too. With techs...

2'23"647" --> 2'23"3

Easy 22! Kept messing up CP4... gah.

The day got bad when I drove the Trueno around Akina. Let's just say I'm not playing that course for a while. I'll learn to be satisfied with my 59"666. XP

Also took the RX-8 for a spin on Happo IBD no-techs. Very hard! I only pulled 25. Then I used techs... almost took my arcade record but kept messing up. I didn't even finish a run. Sooo tired.
stuykid89
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 06:13 PM

The Comeback Kid

Member No.: 18,973

i walked in the arcade today
there was a asian kid..around 14 or 15 years old. surrounded by girls all saying "omg you're such a good driver" ( he was doing takumi on akina with a rx8)
next thing i see is he goes into the hairpins at 148, turns, comes out at 72....and he still manages to stay ahead of takumi...-___-"...so being the obnoxious guy i am...i put my coins in...and right when hes in front of the finish line, i press I'm In... whistling.gif

dude looks at me and yells...i'm just thinking in my mind "let's see how he does on iro.." *maniacal laughter*

soooooo iro...boost off....evo IV vs. se3p.....when we got to the first turn he yelled "WTF?!?!?? how are you supposed to turn in a corner like this?!?" while he's yelling this, i pass him with my turning =)
so he frantically tries to get his speed up....at this point in time im about 80m away from him. he sees the next turn, and does the same....
this wall bashing lasted for the whole ride down....and by the time i crossed the finish line i realized that i was 600m ahead of him shifty2.gif

then he stormed out of the arcade...with the girls following him....leaving his card there.....

all in all: free xp and a free rx8 with 100k points on it grin2.gif
FD3SIzDaBest
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 06:18 PM

It's All or Nothing Right Now

Member No.: 10,657

QUOTE (Excel @ Yesterday at 4:52 PM)
RX-8 Sho IB Dry - 2'57'7

CP4 was sooooooooooooo bad =_= I locked up in that left right left section, resulting in like a +.4 CP4

This run:
CP1 - '256
CP2 - '9X
CP3 - '3X
CP4 - '3X

Best CPs:
CP1 - '170
CP2 - '8X
CP3 - '3X
CP4 - '9X

NO!!!!!! My only area record.... I go away for 3 days and this happens... Now I have to cry myself to sleep... crying2.gif .

In other news... I didn't play any Initial D, but I did play some Outrun 2. It's kinda fun. lol I thought I was the shit cuz I ran a 4'26 with an F40 on route A beating all the people that played there. But when I checked the rankings I founc out the time sucked lol.
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 06:20 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (stuykid89 @ Today at 10:13 PM)
i walked in the arcade today
there was a asian kid..around 14 or 15 years old. surrounded by girls all saying "omg you're such a good driver" ( he was doing takumi on akina with a rx8)
next thing i see is he goes into the hairpins at 148, turns, comes out at 72....and he still manages to stay ahead of takumi...-___-"...so being the obnoxious guy i am...i put my coins in...and right when hes in front of the finish line, i press I'm In... whistling.gif

dude looks at me and yells...i'm just thinking in my mind "let's see how he does on iro.." *maniacal laughter*

soooooo iro...boost off....evo IV vs. se3p.....when we got to the first turn he yelled "WTF?!?!?? how are you supposed to turn in a corner like this?!?" while he's yelling this, i pass him with my turning =)
so he frantically tries to get his speed up....at this point in time im about 80m away from him. he sees the next turn, and does the same....
this wall bashing lasted for the whole ride down....and by the time i crossed the finish line i realized that i was 600m ahead of him shifty2.gif

then he stormed out of the arcade...with the girls following him....leaving his card there.....

all in all: free xp and a free rx8 with 100k points on it grin2.gif

lol, i would hav though the girls would be long gone when the race finished
hellspare
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 07:08 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,404

Yeah girls don't stay interested in initial d for too long. I'm surprised they didn't leave him and join your side, smile.gif Why'd you fish him though, you knew he was a noob.
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 07:17 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

if i were there, id fish him. i hate ppl like him who think theyre so good but really are just wall loving noobs
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 10:04 PM

The Solution

Went back to the arcade cuz I was bored and wanted to randomly try the FD Spirit.

Verdict: I don't like the car. Not because it handles well... but because the tail-lights are ugly. Yes, that's the only reason why. Otherwise I'd probably drive the car. XP

I also TA'd Happo IBD today with the RX-8 with techs... even though it's been a while since I've done IBD or even used techs on Happo. tongue.gif

2'22"894 --> 2'22"075

GAHH!!! I could've had the arcade record! I had a 21"7 going into CP4. It's that last left-right that messed me up, I'm sure...

Oh well, I'll take it friday. Tuning my last Happo car tmrw at Boomers. Let's see how many points I finish off with tmrw. XD

Edit: I realized today... after crappy runs on Akina and Iro... that I'm gonna specialize on a few courses and not every course. It's just way too expensive. I've said it before but now it's for real. I think I've made it to that point where I can hold my own against anyone in my area on any course... but I want to seriously attack the courses I'm strong at. So (perhaps for the moment) I'll only do serious TA on the following:

1. Akagi UH
2. Happo both directions and conditions
3. Shomaru both directions and conditions

Other courses I'll leave to random TA's when I need a break from my signature courses. I could throw Snow and Tsuchi in there too... but I don't feel as strong on those courses as I do on Happo or Akagi UH.

And all this mainly has to do with the fact that it's too damn expensive to be well-rounded. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by CoastalmixX on Aug 30 2006, 10:22 PM
2prvdaBest
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 03:00 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 19,601

Fishing a Rx8 noob on Iro that's sad. Should haved used a stock cappucino and raced him on Akagi downhill boost off. Ehehehehe that would haved been funny. Still tuning my cappucino but the straightline power of this car is just wierd. Need to find some parts to minorly fix the accel.
riP
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 02:21 PM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Member No.: 4,876

so i went 2day and i almost completed LOTS for the 3rd time with my mr2... tsuchi is just a B*TCH in LOTS... they get in my way and put me in2 the wall and its over... i got all the OB ppl i just need 2 knock out the IB and im done with LOTS
man_in_evo6
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 03:10 PM

MisfiringSystem

Member No.: 19,877

went to initial d ver 3 the other day and i stubled upon this kid who thought he was so pro because he was beating shingo on myogi...

i put my coins in and take him on happo...

can i say 1000+ meters?
hellspare
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 03:25 PM

IDW Special Member

What's up with all you people challenging noobs, when you KNOW you're going to own them. Does that make you feel better? They have the right to think they are good, maybe they haven't seen anyone better than them. I wouldn't make them feel bad by killing them by 1000m when they are just starting out. A pro not only drives like one, but acts like one too.
S-avi_drift
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 05:38 PM

RX stealth ninja

Member No.: 17,825

QUOTE (hellspare @ Today at 6:25 PM)
What's up with all you people challenging noobs, when you KNOW you're going to own them. Does that make you feel better? They have the right to think they are good, maybe they haven't seen anyone better than them. I wouldn't make them feel bad by killing them by 1000m when they are just starting out. A pro not only drives like one, but acts like one too.

ZOMGLMAOWTFLOLROFL HENTAIIIIIIIIIIII

People get a easy win this way. And they wanna show off the cocky noobs. And they should no they suck. That way they learn to get better. and probably the only reasson u wouldnt is cause you cant. How do we no the lil kid was just starting out. He could be on shingo for a year... And a head-start is no exception. Your showing them you can go easy. Does a noob want that? No.. They'll feel worse.
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 05:41 PM

The Solution

Whew... unlimited free play days rock!

Hit up Boomers for the first time in about a month. I wanted to tune my EK up. While I didn't get that much tuning done (60k --> 424k), I did get a bunch of races and some crazy TA's in. biggrin.gif

Following races Boost OFF
EK9 vs:

AE86M Tsu IBD - win; it was clear he didn't know the course... so I felt kinda bad. Then again, I've raced him before on this course. Led the whole way.

ST205 Akina DHD - win; the 205 actually looks pretty nice in red! His car wasn't even 24k... it still had the foglights. Methinks he tried to fish me... he did, but he lost. XD

Evo4 Akina DHD - win; now this wasn't a fish! He took start-up for the first time since we started racing and I was tailing him throughout the first two CPs. At the beginning of the S-turns I forced him into a bad line and overtook him. smile.gif

Evo4 Akagi DHD - win; lost him at the first section. After CP2 he crashed and just gave up.

AE85 Akina DHD - win; he tried to fish me again! I used him as a wall in CP2 and slowly overtook him right before the S-turns.

Evo4 Shomaru OBD - win; I let him have boost off... luckily I overtook in CP2. I openly told him this was fishing and he disagreed. What a fool.

Later his friend raced me:

Evo7 Myogi CCWD Boost ON - win; very close one! He almost took me at the end

Evo7 Myogi CCWW Boost OFF - loss; I let him have boost off since he proposed it, considering my car... it's fishing, isn't it? So after this one I let him have it.

Evo7 Happo OBD Boost ON - win; utterly destroyed him. The other guy called "that's fishing!" Then we had a small talk about fishing...

"You think I don't know what fishing is? Fishing is you taking my R34 to Iro DH long time ago in your Evo4!"

Evo7 Iro DHD Boost OFF - win; this is fishing too! Oh well..
the race started and I actually took start-up. Almost lost since I got myself stuck at CP4... had to completely block at the end.

Evo7 Myogi CCWW Boost ON - loss; AGAIN?! Man...

Evo7 Iro Reverse Boost ON - win; the guy called fishing again. Can you believe it? All I had to do for this one was block at the end.

Lastly the first guy challenged me again... hell, I don't even remember the races. All I know is that he tried to fish me and I still won. laugh.gif

As for the TA's... well I'll put them in the TA thread. I wanna know if they're any good for the points I've got on the car. wink2.gif
hellspare
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 05:49 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (S-avi_drift @ Today at 6:38 PM)
ZOMGLMAOWTFLOLROFL HENTAIIIIIIIIIIII

People get a easy win this way. And they wanna show off the cocky noobs. And they should no they suck. That way they learn to get better. and probably the only reasson u wouldnt is cause you cant. How do we no the lil kid was just starting out. He could be on shingo for a year... And a head-start is no exception. Your showing them you can go easy. Does a noob want that? No.. They'll feel worse.

I guess that's how some people battle. I don't battle unless it's a battle WORTH battling. I don't fish, and the people at my arcade respect each other. I guess if everyone is a dick you can't help but join in.
S-avi_drift
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 06:11 PM

RX stealth ninja

Member No.: 17,825

^Eh if part of that was directed to me. I wasn't tryin to be a dick. That first part i just through in. I dont fish much. But once i find a someone worser then me i go for it. Cause i'm not that great to start with. Plus about everyone else at my arcade is a regular..

Last week when i played-
i battle lvled up. Only beat 2 of my friends. The other 2 i only lost by 20 meters. Except one I lost by 100ish on iro DH. My first time their >.<.... Then i lost by 20 both races against 2 bro's.. On akagi... >.<
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 06:32 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

toady was a good day,

finally ftd my evo7

did kyoko again, Ry (Ryousuke) (Ryousuke), and the evo4 in tsu, only 4 left to finish lots 2x

had a good day with battles total 7 and 1 bl up to evo7 bl7
1 evo7 (me) vs ae85 AT usui, kicked his butt baddly even when i hit a hair pin and fell to 144km/hr sad.gif first i though he was gonna fish me with a bad car then he chose AT so i had no worries

2 vs bl12 or so evo4 on iro won by 150m. i reversed myself 2-3 times and still won

fd akina snow win dont remeber much about it but i won by atleast 100m

akagi fd won 2 races. both were close ones. won one of those due to passing him in the second last s turn. bl up to bl7 in one of these races

lost one on akagi, not too much to say here as he clearly was better than me on akgi

chose iro dh vs fd lost, didnt mind at all cause in not too good there i think i saw him run 3,00 on iro which is faster than me

i seem to hold pretty wel against ppl at my level, so im sorta in the middle when it comes to relative skill, and i do get several chalenges cause i hav been there only 3-4 times since they got rid of id3 near my house

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 31 2006, 06:33 PM
hellspare
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 07:41 PM

IDW Special Member

Oh no I wasn't directing it at you. I was just saying if everyone at the arcade is going to be gay then I'd be gay too, because if I don't i'd get fished everywhere.
Arcy
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 06:10 AM

DC2=34th ranked car=RACER LVL 30 !!!!!!

Member No.: 4,335

KICKED BUNTAS @$$ in akina yesterday on my second try. Well not really, he was on my butt the entire race but managed to block him all the way with a finishing time of 3'02! Didn't even T.A before I raced him. I was shocked I beat him only on second try. I think I could even beat him for the 11th star to get snow!!!!!! believe that I never got a lower time than 3'08 with DC2 and got this far huh? =)

w00t w00t. Irohazaka, your turn..... =)
riP
Posted: Sep 1 2006, 07:22 AM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Member No.: 4,876

i got my check yesterday so ima try 2 go 2day one last time b4 skool starts since my gf has plans for journalism... i got nothin els to do... ima finish out LOTS with my mr2 [i just need Ryousky, Man in Evo6, and Takumi] then ima attempt to finish out LOTS x1 with my Trueno... i got rid of my rx8 cuz of its akina ability and i dont have the skill to run under a 3'10 with it so BC is pretty much done 4 me... i can get tsuchi with my trueno for BC so im goin MR2, Trueno combo... if the MR2 dont work out then im goin Trueno 8v and im stickin with that 4 sure [might make the MR2 battle / TA no BC and make my rx8 a revenge battle car]

today better b worth it for me

This post has been edited by riP on Sep 1 2006, 07:24 AM

159 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »