Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Daiki Kasho - Hit it!

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 21,233  ·  Replies: 184 
> INITIAL D PC GAME, DO U THINK I SHOULD BUY IT??
venom_1983
  Posted: May 29 2004, 07:35 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,923

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]
DO U THINK THE GAME INITIAL-D MOUNTAIN REVENGE BY THQ(FAMOUS FOR THE WWE VIDEO GAMES) IS A GOOD GAME?? IF U HAVE IT. IS WELL DONE LIKE THE ARCADES VERSION?? OR I HAVE TO SPEND 10 DOLLARS EVERYTIME I GO TO THE ARCADE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK

thanks in advance.. fear2.gif
EDWIN
Posted: May 29 2004, 08:09 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,507

Oh god... the caps-lock is blinding me!!! fear2.gif

Mountain Vengeance was produced by Tokyopop and Valusoft (not THQ, I think). It's NOT a very good game. There's a wannabe "drift" button, and the graphics are mediocre. The music is also crappy (no Eurobeat), but you can easily switch it if you have some other music you'd rather listen to.
sideways
Posted: May 29 2004, 08:45 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,355

if you buy this game i will personally go to your house and B*tch slap you... my friend sent it to me over msn and i almost B*tch slapepdh i mfor wasting my damn time.. i thank god every night before i go to bed that i didnt have to pay for such a aweful piece of software; its got graphics that are outdone by the gba, the road is about 5 feet wide, and the controls suck. you press the drift button going straight and you spin out of control... nuf' said.
Saito
Posted: May 29 2004, 09:06 PM

Wakarimasu ka?

Member No.: 1,260

hahaha...WORD!!!!

the game is pretty crappy...if you do a search venom_1983...there are a few topics on this game...and there are alot of ppl with their opinions on the game...most of them are negative...hahahaha....i myself have got the game...tried it and well...it sucks hardcore....i downloaded it if your wondering...just to try it
Knee Grow
Posted: May 29 2004, 10:06 PM

Better than you, in so many ways...

Member No.: 1,869

An I game on the PC for only $20? How Crappy could it be? You don't know and you don't want to know!
incognito
Posted: May 30 2004, 05:49 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 1,904

this game is unbelievably crappy...its just a horrible game. i actually wasted my money on it...ive played better flash games...i figured this would be a decent game, but i was wrong. save up your money for something better. like a chip for the ps2 so you can buy that kaido drift battle. i wanna buy it. smile.gif looks good ya know
Knee Grow
Posted: May 30 2004, 01:11 PM

It's games like this that make me glad i read reviews and listen to friends before I go buy certain games!
LaZy
Posted: May 30 2004, 11:13 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 1,932

LOL is it that bad
sideways
Posted: May 31 2004, 01:46 AM

If i had to pick between raping a pile of shit...and palying this game... id pick the game. but ya its that bad. think of cgi cardboard cut out, like southpark... in a world that makes a 2d cryon drawing look real...
bao
Posted: May 31 2004, 09:33 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 1,375

valuesoft is a branch from thq. imo thq sucks, i never liked their games
venom_1983
  Posted: May 31 2004, 03:18 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 1,923

thanks everyone for answering my question i will not buy the game just because verybody told me not to (i don't wanna get b*tch slap anyway).
Saito
Posted: May 31 2004, 07:22 PM

Wakarimasu ka?

dun buy it....just out of curiosity...download it or get a copy off a fren who has it? just to try out the crappy game and laugh at it!
sideways
Posted: May 31 2004, 09:05 PM

i SUPPOSE you can avoid a B*tch slap if a friend sends it to you or something... just as long as you dont pay for it youll be ok laugh.gif
Saito
Posted: Jun 1 2004, 04:24 PM

Wakarimasu ka?

yeah...paying for it deserves a B*tchslap!
TkyoPopH8R
Posted: Jun 1 2004, 07:01 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 1,939

Don't buy this crap. I've tried it before. I just want to try it but the physics are horrible. You need the DirectX Addon device. I tried every possible game speed. The video is so slow. The music and car sounds are horrible. They should use real sounds. But I'm sticking to Arcade. My cousin said that the Special Stage is coming out for the new golden PS2. Not the color, the ps2. The new kind of PS2. I'm not sure though. That's what he said.
geligaozibi
Posted: Jun 3 2004, 05:42 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,940

Gee hope I had seen this thread earlier cos I jus bought the bloody game two days ago... mad.gif
sideways
Posted: Jun 3 2004, 02:05 PM

Alright; imma need you adress so i can come B*tch slap you..then if your nice youll get a ride in my 86
invazn
Posted: Jun 13 2004, 02:20 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 2,008

would anyone like to send this to me please? pinch2.gif grin2.gif
PhantomaZero
Posted: Jun 13 2004, 02:26 PM

I hate this map

Member No.: 2,007

Stay away from Tokyopop products my friend. Also, I heard that this game is worse than the Initial D flash game.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
astrogameguy
Posted: Jun 14 2004, 04:12 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 1,895

the game is horrible. I downloaded. didnt even waist a cd burning. Just mounted it and played it. its horrible. the flash game actually looks much better. its bad. i wouldnt eve download it.
brandon
PhantomaZero
Posted: Jun 16 2004, 08:10 PM

I hate this map

Some opinions from the users of Gamefaqs:

this game is simply horrible...I cannot play past the first mountain pass, the physics are horrible, the graphics are horrible, the music is horrible, the Game in general is horrible. It seems like...someone told a random person to make the game, bought him some episodes, got a garage band and a wannabe rapper and made a game...the flash initial D zipzaps game absolutely kills this game. Even hardcore fans need not apply don't even give the game a FIRST look

I hate just about everything in the game, the cheesy dialogues

"when you win"

go straight for the jugular dude! (i dont know if jugular is right)

youre like a hero everyone in town could admire

youre representin' man! this is cool and a half, I'll be pullin for ya Bro!!!

"When you lose or mess up"

You dont get it do you?

Cmon dude, youre makin us look like a bunch of jerks out here!

It seems that they just took it from the dubbed version, you can here the crickets in the background... lol these are very cheesy lines haha, how can you be a hero by winning races? ???

The English version of Initial D and everything related to it suck so much!

YES! Initial D got butchered when they brought it over here in the US, Im happy I imported it a long time ago, coz if I waited for this US release then I would be one of those guys that says Initial D sucks...

You'd have many times more fun STAMP COLLECTING than wasting the money (or download time, whichever it is you prefer) on this horrid piece of software.

Yeah...I just purchased ID:MV at a local store and was excited. Didn't have much hopes up due to the crappy screen shots on the box. I came on here to check out what others were saying about the game and am reluctant on opening the game everyone calls a piece of s***. I'm gonna go back right now and get my $20 bucks back. I knew it was too good to be true. And everyone is right, the US Initial D SUX a**.

As a big initial d fan, i get everything for it, car models, videos, comics, ps1 version of initial d, and people telling me lies that i can can play the ps2 version on computer, some goes as far as saying that the keyboard doesn't work well (no need for that cuz the idea of it playing of computer is already crazy (-ly impossible).

Until i come across this one day when my friend to download it somewhere. Of course I get it right away, ( and of course this is before i knew this is an assault, and insult to the entire world especially to initial d franchise). I got in, i got disappointed at the plain and cheap menu and painful loading times. UNTIL I heard some noise (I wished it's something familiar), then omg... This riduculous CR*P, i couldn't sleep for 3 nights..., it's too late to turn off the speaker. Initial this, intial that, initial that sh*t singer's (sing?) a**. Going through the stuff, and u can't even choose car (let alone 3d car models to select). I got in the game after 10 mins of loading, wtf, textures uglier than ps1, car models look worse than 1991 sega model 1 (first 3d game), and wtf guess what is said on the supposedly ae86? NO, it says nothing but 86, when the hell takumi bother to take of TOYOTA corolla TRUENO GT-apex and replace it with two meaningless numbers that takumi himself finds ridiculous people calling his car 86. THis is pure laziness.

You want me to tell u physics? Well this kind of physics won't even happen in a "blackhole". When the hell do cars rear end starts to move right when i press left? This doesn't not make a car turn . Even if u can make the turn, u aren't really. The front is glued to the ground and the back swing right when u press left, no drifting is not having sideway wheels on the back and moving them. And they gave u turns that u can't navigate even with my monitor's brightness maxed, does not correspond to the real akina in anyway. If it's not akina why they name it akina, and why they make this game if it's not even akina? Eventually the bug will then save me from the torture as it the car can't move forward at all and it slides down the road sideways on ice without response to ANY of my inputs. Finally i can close the dam thing.

Yes, i was a bit rude and needs to calm down, but this is the worst torture and insult to the gaming commmunity ever. Don't compare to any game, any game 20 yrs ago is better than this. NOw i just want to know what the maker of rubbish is thinking and why he chose initial d.

There you go.
Initial D
Posted: Jun 22 2004, 04:09 AM

Tomo's Pupil

Member No.: 2,013

Are the maps the same as he on for the Arcade Version cuz i awnt to try to be familiar with the maps.
PhantomaZero
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 03:15 PM

I hate this map

No they aren't. Even if they were, it's still more or less crap.
Fong
Posted: Nov 23 2004, 02:29 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 4,360

lol, that game is ungodly. I'm almost glad that the story mode on my download doesn't work laugh.gif

but yes *shakes fist* damn you tokyopop!

Knee Grow
Posted: Nov 23 2004, 04:18 AM

Wow, this thread is only like what......5 months old?! LOL

8 Pages  1 2 3 »