Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Elliott Yamin - Wait For You

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  « 6 7 8 9  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 55,789  ·  Replies: 222 
> Lonely_Driver's BP5 Legacy, Haulin' groceries at Now at 15psi!!
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jul 12 2014, 06:52 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,019

Few pics I took at Rev for Le Cure today, need to update the mod list as well

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jul 27 2014, 10:58 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Went stage2 after work friday

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2448 x 3264. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

Also time for a new CV
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Oct 16 2014, 05:58 AM

IDW Supremo Member

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Good things are coming, I promise.

Edit: Just got a call from my friends shop that was installing a few parts for me. Fuck this car.

Edit 2: Car went in to get the upgraded oil pickup and windage tray along with Group N engine mounts installed. Found that water pump was leaking, cam seals were leaking onto the timing belt and rear main was leaking as well. Thankfully they are cutting me a break on labour costs.

This post has been edited by Lonely_Driver on Oct 17 2014, 05:11 AM
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Feb 17 2015, 11:46 AM

IDW Supremo Member

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3JCAdd7lEo )

I Like launch control
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Apr 6 2015, 07:43 AM

IDW Supremo Member

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

took the rear of the interior apart to add some sound deadening to help the road noise and exhaust drone on those long road trips. Unfortunetly this is the only picture I took as it started snowing and my hands were frozen.

Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jul 25 2015, 08:00 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Having some weird drivability issues lately, not feeling like boost has been coming on hard or sometimes late.

Got the dreaded PO0011 Code which has to do with the AVCS and most likely leading up to an imminent turbo failure.

Renting a garage and the wagon will be going into storage until the spring when I'll have enough money to fix it.

Luckily Its only a 40min walk to work so I'll be ok.

I'll keep updating as I remove the turbo and send it out for rebuild, Going to be replacing all oil feed lines for the turbo and valve timing just incase they have some metal shavings in them.

Hoping I'll have enough money saved up to prep the car for paint and also need to get the civic racecar ready for next season.
Spaz
Posted: Jul 25 2015, 11:36 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Now, I'm not super familiar with the AVCS system in the EJs...

It's oil pressure based, correct? If you're getting codes for it, would it be due to shavings in the case of a turbo failure? If memory serves there's a filter, so is the code related to a clogged filter? I'm just curious if there's something to be worried about as far as the AVCS gears themselves.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jul 25 2015, 12:06 PM

IDW Supremo Member

you are correct, there are 2 filters, one for each head.

I removed the filter years ago on the passenger side as it is known to cause turbo failiure, this filter is also in the same oil feed for that AVCS gear, which is the same side I'm getting codes for.

I could just change the oil, swap the AVCS control valves and see if I would be getting codes for the drivers side now but when I did the downpipe swap last year I checked the shaft play on the turbo and it was nearing time for replacement.

Since I have a garage I can rent and am able to walk to work I'll just do it for now. Also for my financial situation this makes the most sense to be able to pay off debt.

Buying a bicycle is actually more cost effective than buying a bus pass every month.

EDIT: Also our shitty Canadian dollar isn't helping the situation anyways, been wanting to order a couple parts for a few months now but have been holding off, so whenever we get closer to par I'll start ordering what I need.

SECOND EDIT: Sorry Spaz forgot to answer your question about the gears, I havent seen any AVCS Gear failures, its usually the OCV's or Oil Control Valves, which I will be replacing.

This post has been edited by Lonely_Driver on Jul 25 2015, 12:13 PM
Plentymoon
Posted: Jul 25 2015, 05:56 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,235

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ Feb 17 2015, 11:46 AM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3JCAdd7lEo

I Like launch control

man hearing your subie made me wish I still had mine but unfortunately my tranny blew up after 277k miles but man after changing to an open air filter and some exhaust the car sounded nice and throaty like this even the guys with actual STI's were like did you engine swap it?

answer was always no of course I just told them exhaust and intake make the difference.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jul 26 2015, 09:40 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Plentymoon @ Yesterday, 7:56 PM)
man hearing your subie made me wish I still had mine but unfortunately my tranny blew up after 277k miles but man after changing to an open air filter and some exhaust the car sounded nice and throaty like this even the guys with actual STI's were like did you engine swap it?

answer was always no of course I just told them exhaust and intake make the difference.

Thanks, love the sound.

Although road trips I hate how loud it is tongue.gif

Still throwing around ideas on what I should do. It will be about $550USD to send my turbo out for rebuild which I think is very reasonable.

At the same time the car is down I can do all my maintenance stuff, might throw on a front sway bar, take the midpipe to a muffler shop and have a huge resonator welded in.

So many ideas but I think I am going to keep this as a daily driver, really want another NA subaru to rallycross with as the Civic is a joint Autocross project.

My friend said the answer to all my problems is to find a wealthy cougar to fund my addiction awesome.gif
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Jul 27 2015, 03:47 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Welp, its pretty much official, I'm selling.

If I can get over $12,000 for it, it will be sold as is, If not I will be put up on jack stands and put back to stock.

Have another project in mind. Will stand out to enthusiasts but will blend in to the public/police's eyes and also be reliable as can be as some Australians have proved.

Ok since I was working really hard today and decided to calculate the cost of actually buying a 2010-2011 Outback 3.6r and converting it into a legacy that would not even be as good as mine I have decided against it.

Plan is still to store it and keep on walking to work. Which isnt too bad considering it is summer.

This post has been edited by Lonely_Driver on Jul 28 2015, 06:34 PM
Plentymoon
Posted: Aug 1 2015, 12:14 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ Jul 27 2015, 03:47 PM)
Welp, its pretty much official, I'm selling.

If I can get over $12,000 for it, it will be sold as is, If not I will be put up on jack stands and put back to stock.

Have another project in mind. Will stand out to enthusiasts but will blend in to the public/police's eyes and also be reliable as can be as some Australians have proved.

Ok since I was working really hard today and decided to calculate the cost of actually buying a 2010-2011 Outback 3.6r and converting it into a legacy that would not even be as good as mine I have decided against it.

Plan is still to store it and keep on walking to work. Which isnt too bad considering it is summer.

just wait till winter my feet have so many walking miles from all let downs my cars have given me its not even funny I probably have more miles walking to work on foot then I do actually in a car xD

Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Aug 2 2015, 09:09 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Haha yes I'll need to invest in some better shoes! In the Winter I'll be using Uber to get back and forth to my gym.

In a perfect world I would love to pull the engine and do a mild rebuild. Stock rebuild on the heads and replace all bearings in the shortblock, keep the stock rods and crank with forged pistons since that is one of the subaru weak points.

Maybe a STi spec C twin scroll conversion with a o2 dump like the Evo guys.
Plentymoon
Posted: Aug 2 2015, 01:50 PM

IDW Expert Member

Let me put it to you this way Your subie is so nice I planned on getting an rx8 but now I'm going to get another 2000 Subaru outback legacy limited because I miss that boxer rumble so much. But I'm not sure if I should get the H4 or the H6. I would love to rebuild an H6 for boost those come with quite the power stock think how good it would be with low boost right?

Other then that I need to start walking to work again I'm gaining so much weight my SAAB is crying for me to get out of it. XD

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Aug 2 2015, 04:04 PM

IDW Supremo Member

According to AM Auto in Australia they have turbocharged plenty of EZ30's without any problems.

Biggest issue is that you're stuck with an Auto here in North America if that's not what you want.
Plentymoon
Posted: Aug 2 2015, 06:08 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ 2 hours, 4 minutes ago)
According to AM Auto in Australia they have turbocharged plenty of EZ30's without any problems.

Biggest issue is that you're stuck with an Auto here in North America if that's not what you want.

I agree with you however I read on the subie forums that I can put in a 5 speed manual and it would work but I will have to look into it some more.

but from what I know the H6 engines are pretty strong and I think if I run low boost even the auto tranny should hold up so long as I don't over do it with power.

but only time will tell its been awhile since I've been in a subie so I need to brush up on the boxer engine again and see what I can do to improve stock performance overall and from there if I get my hands on another I will tear it down and see if I can get some turbo pistons in it and go from there.

This post has been edited by Plentymoon on Aug 2 2015, 06:10 PM
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Aug 2 2015, 08:56 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Shame you're not in Canada you could import a legacy with a 3.0 and manual Trans.

I highly suggest you look into getting a 2005 outback 3.0 instead of the 2000.

The BE/BH chassis you're looking at is very different from any other subaru model and not much of anything is interchangeable and aftermarket is slim to none.
Plentymoon
Posted: Aug 3 2015, 04:43 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ 7 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Shame you're not in Canada you could import a legacy with a 3.0 and manual Trans.

I highly suggest you look into getting a 2005 outback 3.0 instead of the 2000.

The BE/BH chassis you're looking at is very different from any other subaru model and not much of anything is interchangeable and aftermarket is slim to none.

I will look into them but I'm still a baller on a budget for cars so it will depend if I can't find one thats within a certain price range I will get one that's from 2002 and just deal with it.

basically I have the rest of this year to get a car before my wife buys another house and my money is all tied up in those bills again.

trust me if I'm not satisfied with what I find at some local and non local dealers I will just have to keep saving and buy another sports car even though I want something comfy for me and the wife to take out of town and I can still take it out on the dirt and a good time in the mountains looking for a camping spot.

This post has been edited by Plentymoon on Aug 3 2015, 04:44 AM
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Aug 3 2015, 03:49 PM

IDW Supremo Member

I wouldn't be opposed to buying a high mileage h6 motor either. From the research I've done I've only come across 1 timing chain failiure.

The 5eat transmission handles the 245hp just fine as well.

For my car I'm looking into the EJ20X motor
Banken
Posted: Aug 4 2015, 05:35 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

I am thinking of getting a BP5 as a daily... still not sure if I should get a manual or an auto...hehe.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Aug 4 2015, 06:46 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Banken @ 1 hour, 11 minutes ago)
I am thinking of getting a BP5 as a daily... still not sure if I should get a manual or an auto...hehe.

Not sure about Japan but in North America the 08+ Autos have rev matching on downshifts.

Möbius
Posted: Aug 4 2015, 03:43 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

Did you actually swap in HID projectors? Good job! cool.gif
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Aug 4 2015, 04:11 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Möbius @ 28 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
Did you actually swap in HID projectors? Good job! cool.gif

No I did not, I tried to modify the shields and use a bulb that is the same length as the factory H7 Halogen but its still not perfect.

What I dont understand is how there is no noticeable light above the cutoff line yet I KNOW there is because I can see the reflection off of higher road signs.

So Unfortunetly I will be going back to halogens unless I plan on dishing out for some retrofits or JDM headlamps.
Möbius
Posted: Aug 4 2015, 04:15 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ 3 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
No I did not, I tried to modify the shields and use a bulb that is the same length as the factory H7 Halogen but its still not perfect.

What I dont understand is how there is no noticeable light above the cutoff line yet I KNOW there is because I can see the reflection off of higher road signs.

So Unfortunetly I will be going back to halogens unless I plan on dishing out for some retrofits or JDM headlamps.

Ah.

Good on you for going back, it can be a pain trying to get the right focal length without the specific projectors.

Have you looked into morimoto retrofits? Seem to be fairly cost competitive.

This post has been edited by Möbius on Aug 4 2015, 04:16 PM
Banken
Posted: Aug 4 2015, 09:01 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

Is there anything I should look for in a 4th-gen Legacy turbo? You can get an 03 for just a few thousand dollars here.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

9 Pages  « 6 7 8 9