Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Feel a Thrill

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,014  ·  Replies: 84 
> Ye generic E3 Topic, What again?
Drift Dude
  Posted: Jun 2 2014, 11:24 AM

That guy from Belgium

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 24,995

Yeah, again E3 stuff.
Blah Blah games, Blah Blah Hardware, Blah Blah complain.

I didn't feel like making yet another poll topic since it's more or less the same, or just al the time.

So yeah, here be ye generic E3 topic that we can use each year.
APX
Posted: Jun 2 2014, 11:43 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-k2SdxjLlM )

If you guys remember the first one, you know why i'm like.. feeling shocked I saw this.

because failure lol
Tessou
Posted: Jun 2 2014, 11:56 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Looking forward to Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, and MGSV.

The Microsoft conference is the first big event, so I'll tune into that.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 2 2014, 03:12 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I'm just looking forward to Nintendo's showing. I have a feeling they might put on a good show this year. They're overdue for one.

A majority of the stuff coming out this year and early next year is already known for Sony and Microsoft. So those conferences don't seem too appealing. Unless they announce some new IPs, or announce some release dates for certain long waited titles.

Tessou
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 03:34 AM

Group Icon

The MS conference will be interesting due to the changes in management for the Xbox team. I want to see if they're going to put things in the right direction and keep it there.
Seri
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 04:29 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

None of these really matter to me, because RPGs that aren't Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy never get any screen time.

Other than that, yeah, MGSV is about it.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 06:30 AM

Group Icon

Uh...

Square Enix hasn't explicitly said that FFXV and KH3 will make an appearance, but they've been hinting about it like crazy in the past week. They have no reason not to show up and update us on the legend that is Versus XIII XV's development cycle.

Fable Legends, The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition will also be at the show. Destiny will be there, which has RPG elements to it.

Bethesda won't put another Elder Scrolls game out there for a while since ESO just came out. They also will not be announcing Fallout 4 or any Fallout project. They will be presenting Battlecry, a "sort of but not really a" MOBA for PC. Sad face. Oh well, at least I still have Skyrim and Fallout 3. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Tessou on Jun 3 2014, 06:33 AM
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 3 2014, 09:28 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Stuck in the never ending wait on The Last Guardian granted I've pretty much given up on it ever being made, I still keep abit of hope it'll surface.

Other then that, the only items I'm looking forward to are with MGSV.
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 4 2014, 03:18 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

I'm looking forward to seeing whether Ubisoft is going to do anything with that Rainbow Six they announced. It looked pretty interesting when they released stuff about it.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jun 4 2014, 03:18 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 4 2014, 06:05 PM

Group Icon

It's reportedly in active development, although rumor has it that they're dropping the "Patriots" part of the title to get away from the stigma of the development hell it's been through. They might do some sort of presentation for it ahead of E3, but it's not listed anywhere on the schedule, nor is any "unannounced title" under Ubisoft, so who knows.
Seri
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 02:21 PM

Group Icon

Tessou
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 02:27 PM

Group Icon

Eh, well fuck them then. They've been stalling XV since 2006. Give us SOMETHING already.
Seri
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 03:02 PM

Group Icon

I've grown almost twice as old since they started stalling, so I'm just waiting for KH3 before I drop them.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 04:29 PM

Group Icon

I'm just sitting here foolishly waiting for a FF8 remake that will never happen.
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 04:36 PM

IDW Goldmember

FF13 pretty much removed any enthusiasm I had left for future titles in the franchise, atleast as long as Tetsuya Nomura is still basically running the show.

I'm just sitting here foolishly waiting for a FF8 remake that will never happen.

I'd be content with a full 3-D remake of FF6.

Also. laugh2.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULDwu2HLUrA )

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Jun 6 2014, 04:41 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 04:53 PM

Group Icon

If they try to pull another Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, I will swear off of Square Enix forever. That was the biggest disappointment from them, next to the abysmal PC/Steam version of FF8.

"Here's an idea! Let's celebrate FFVII by putting some new canon games and movies together, but don't include a remake of the original fucking game to make it relevant!"
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 06:05 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I'll admit... If they could put together an FFVII compilation that rivals the MGS Legacy Collection, I would probably buy it. And I don't even like FFVII that much.

All they need is...
SPOILER

Why they haven't attempted this is beyond me. Give it a $50 price tag and it would sell like hotcakes.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jun 6 2014, 06:08 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 06:45 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ Jun 4 2014, 10:05 PM)
It's reportedly in active development, although rumor has it that they're dropping the "Patriots" part of the title to get away from the stigma of the development hell it's been through. They might do some sort of presentation for it ahead of E3, but it's not listed anywhere on the schedule, nor is any "unannounced title" under Ubisoft, so who knows.

I hope they keep some of the stuff they had in it... It looked like a very promising game.
APX
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 08:42 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Just waiting to blow my load on the price drops of the consoles. HERES HOPING
Seri
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 09:48 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 18 minutes ago)

THIS. A thousand times.

FFVIII is probably my favorite game of all time, and unfortunately unappreciated. I mean, I understand it's not perfect. (I'm looking at you, orphanage.) But, I do think a remake could fix what could be fixed. Big stress on could, though, given their past attempts at fixing things.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 10:26 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 38 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
FFVIII is probably my favorite game of all time, and unfortunately unappreciated. I mean, I understand it's not perfect. (I'm looking at you, orphanage.)

That's actually one of the few things I disliked about FFVIII. I hated the whole "herpaderp we lost our memories because of the guardian forces" plot twist. The end of disc 1 was kinda iffy too. I mean.. C'mon, Square. How can Squall get impaled by an ice chunk like that and live? But Aerith can get stabbed by a smaller object and die? Plot armor at it's finest. Overall I enjoyed the game. Even the junction system that everyone complains about. Sure it was flawed, but it wasn't horrible.

My favorite is FFIX, and personally I don't think I'd want them to change anything about it. I love it the way it is. If anything, they could make the ATB meter faster, since it moves at a turtles pace. Besides that, the game is already perfect.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jun 6 2014, 10:28 PM
RalliKai
Posted: Jun 7 2014, 06:09 AM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 7 hours, 43 minutes ago)
That's actually one of the few things I disliked about FFVIII. I hated the whole "herpaderp we lost our memories because of the guardian forces" plot twist. The end of disc 1 was kinda iffy too. I mean.. C'mon, Square. How can Squall get impaled by an ice chunk like that and live? But Aerith can get stabbed by a smaller object and die? Plot armor at it's finest. Overall I enjoyed the game. Even the junction system that everyone complains about. Sure it was flawed, but it wasn't horrible.

My favorite is FFIX, and personally I don't think I'd want them to change anything about it. I love it the way it is. If anything, they could make the ATB meter faster, since it moves at a turtles pace. Besides that, the game is already perfect.

I felt the whole "everyone came from the same orphanage" to be on the lazy side of writing which was only compounded by the memory snagging GF problem thrown in. I wished for more depth with each character yet the only character that seemed to get this was Laguna.

I enjoyed FF8 up to Disc 3 and things after that just started to drag badly. You seemed to be in Esthar forever. I actually enjoyed Laguna's sections as they felt almost like the classic FF games.

As for Aeris/Aerith (however you pronounce her name) getting impaled and not being able to be revived, I recall reading a note way back in the day (late 90s) that it had to do with the Masamune sword itself and preventing victims of the sword from reviving. As for Squall, he got nailed in the shoulder area with the ice/crystal so I could see it as recoverable with "Curaga".

My only other complaints with VIII was the Magic system and the removal of MP which atleast they recovered in FF9 and I had my teething issues with the Junction system.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 7 2014, 06:27 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 8 hours, 1 minutes ago)
How can Squall get impaled by an ice chunk like that and live? But Aerith can get stabbed by a smaller object and die?

You can play the game under the assumption that he was killed by that ice shard. A lot of people believe that Squall died, and the rest of the game is some sort of hallucination in his last moments.

Considering how surreal things get after that, it isn't out of the question.

If they were going to fix something, they should start by fixing how the enemies scale levels with you. By being careful not to level up, the game becomes really easy because the enemies will stay at your level instead of getting harder... you know, like in every other goddamn RPG. There's a video somewhere of a guy beating FF8 at a ridiculously low level. Ultimecia was killed with only a handful of attacks. laugh.gif
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 8 2014, 06:27 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I forgot about the leveling system. That was awful. I remember my very first playthrough when I was younger. I leveled up quite a bit before the Timber mission. So when I tried to use the magic lamp to get Diablos, I got wrecked whenever I tried to fight him. I gave up and I didn't get Diablos during that playthrough. lol

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jun 8 2014, 06:28 PM
Seri
Posted: Jun 8 2014, 09:14 PM

Group Icon

So, rumor has it that Nintendo's going to show off Fatal Frame V. As much as I hate believing rumors... Prove them right! I'd actually buy a Wii U, then.

Edit: You know what? I'll make that bet. If it does get announced, I'll buy a Wii U when the game comes out. (In the US. If not, there's no point.)

This post has been edited by Miura Seri on Jun 8 2014, 10:17 PM

4 Pages  1 2 3 »