Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Jean Love - Movin' Up Moving Now

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,185  ·  Replies: 3 
> complaints about this game, what exactly is it that people dont like?
TakeshiSkunk
  Posted: Sep 22 2010, 07:00 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,729

What exactly is it that people don't like about this game? I never had a local v3 machine but still managed to play quite a bit, I absolutely loved the game. I know a lot of people complained about the physics in 4 but I never saw any real specific explanations of what was wrong. I've never had the chance to play anything newer than v3 so I have no idea.

I ask now because I finally have a ps3 and want to grab extreme stage, but I'm slightly worried that its going to be some horrible disappointment. I do have a dfgt so I won't have to fumble around with a controller. Is it still fun? I've been a big fan of the manga forever so I'm sure ill enjoy it somewhat, but I'm worried that the whole time I play ill just be wishing it was v3.
DigiBunny
Posted: Sep 22 2010, 04:36 PM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

Coming from a guy who started with V4, and played both 3 and 5, I have to say V4 is overly cheap.

There's not a whole lot of fun in the game when you compare it to V3 and V5. The cars accelerate horribly, there's almost no grip feel with the road, and you're basically sliding around on oil. Speed loss at high gears in Akina is just frustrating, especially when it dips below the power band.
JKaiba
Posted: Sep 22 2010, 04:56 PM

Alias The J'

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,596

The game is fun much like playing bumper cars when you were little was fun. The game doesn't have a lot of depth to its physics system and all the cars felt like they were driving on welded differentials. 5 is worlds above in terms of feel and depth of gameplay. There's a lot more in the way of car control and how you take a course with different cars on 5.
DUT
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 03:34 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,430

Main difference between the versions is that v4 seems to be a lot slower than v1-v3.
The feel of the road is not the same and the wheel seems to react differently.

Takes you ages to reach high speeds lol. But anyway.. its the only version we have here in Quebec City and i play this game since v1 so i won't stop. It's just a different game now.