Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Sophie - Don't You (Forget About My Love)

Important Rules
• Do NOT post any torrents other than Initial D and automotive related stuff.
• Give the original torrent maker (if it was not originated from this forums.) proper credit.
• If you wish to start a new topic, please contact either the FORUM MODERATORS or one of the ADMINISTRATORS via PM or E-Mail.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

12 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 155,160  ·  Replies: 278 
> Tutorial - Burning PS2 Games
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 5 2004, 08:22 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,098

In order to Burn and Play PS2 Torrents you first need to get a program called Alcohol 120% <This Is only a Trial. To get the Full Version go to Suprnova.org

How To Burn PS2 Games
1.After you have gotten the program and have installed Alcohol 120%, open up the program.

2.Select "Image Burning Wizard". Browse to find the Image files that you have downloaded. This can be a number of different file types since Alcohol 120% supports all Image burning file formats.

3.After selecting the file ".mds" file it will bring you to a refreshed screen, click next. 4. Depending if it is a DVD image or a CD image, choose 4xfor CD Image or 2x for DVD Image. It is very important you choose those burning speeds no matter how fast you can burn. PS2's cant read CD or DVD's that well at the wrong speeds. Click Next.

5. Select Raw DAO, which means "Disc-At-Once".

6.Insert the CD-R or DVD-R. Many Modded PS2's including mine cant read CD or DVD +R. Use -R always.

7.Click next and the Image will start burning to your DVD or CD.

Alcohol 120% ,Full version. The one I use. 1.9.2. Hosted for a limited time.
User Name
Posted: Oct 6 2004, 07:22 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,041

shouldnt this be in playstation section?

This post has been edited by User Name on Oct 6 2004, 07:22 AM
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 6 2004, 07:43 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 2,887

No because we get people who ask stupid questions like this here because alot of people download PS2 games through BitTorrent now. Plus we don't have a computer tech support section.
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 6 2004, 07:55 AM

IDW Goldmember

This is about burning games that you got online through Bit Torrent. Thats why its in this section.
tensai
Posted: Oct 7 2004, 12:19 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,389

so, if i want to play burned ps2 games
i HAVE to use the program you mentioned above or can i just use a regular burning program but set the speed lower?
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 7 2004, 02:51 PM

IDW Goldmember

Dont make it hard, this program is the best for burning Images. With this program you wont need any other Burning Image Program. Plus it supports all Image Burning formats. Many programs dont support each type.
brunei_boi64
Posted: Oct 7 2004, 09:08 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 2,554

do u need a mod chip in ur ps2 to play these games
xkhol
Posted: Oct 7 2004, 09:26 PM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958

QUOTE (brunei_boi64 @ Oct 7 2004, 09:08 PM)
do u need a mod chip in ur ps2 to play these games

yes, and i'm stil trying to find a way that's $100 or less to get that done...
aa87
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 07:02 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 3,603

Can anybody reccomend a good mod chip, price doesnt matter, as long as its the best.
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 07:10 AM

IDW Prime Member

Yeah there's modchip.com. They have different variations like a boot loader that uses a memory card hack to play the games. Lately there's something called HDAdvance out there that allows you to load your games to a hard drive and boot them off that. Have no idea where to get it though.
aa87
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 07:38 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 3,603

ok, new question, what about wiring difficulty, im interested in this one. I can decently solder, but my dad has alot more experience with that.

http://www.modchip.com/ps2/dms3order.htm

Also, is modchip.com and mod-chip.com same company or what, they seem to offer same chips at same prices basically
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 9 2004, 10:46 AM

IDW Goldmember

Go here people. Mod Chip Store. I have ordered from here before. Just never get the slide card people. Also make sure to find out what version # your PS2 is. Its very important to find it out.
Kev
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 10:50 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

Isn't this techincally illegal?
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 9 2004, 10:53 AM

IDW Goldmember

Yes it is. I remember when Modding your PS2 got big so officials started to crack down people. But it seems they havent been cracking down anyone lately. Probably since its something that many people do now.
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 11:59 AM

IDW Prime Member

Probly becuase people have a right to backup their games and be able to play them. That and there's a big import crowd to think about too. Yeah you can play bootlegs on it but more people are buying games now than bootleging seeing how many games are on DVDs now and blank DVDs aren't cheap. If I do get a PS2 anytime soon I'd probly get the HDAdvance one since I found out how much it costs and imo its a better choice since it won't void your warentee. Stuff like this is impossible to stop because different countries have different laws so you can easily base a company that sells modchips in a country other than the states. Plus hackers always find a way around things, look at the GameCube for example. Someone found a bug in Phantasy Star Online that allowed them to send commands directly to the GameCube's CPU via the network adapter. In turn they found out how to stream data copied from GameCube discs using the gamecube's drive to their PC & vice versa. Its not something you can stop so its not surprising they aren't following the RIAA's example dealing with this sort of thing.
xkhol
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 05:48 PM

>_>

could anyone give a detailed explanation/cost to the HDAdvance?
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 09:36 PM

IDW Prime Member

Network adapter: $30 bucks used from a GameStore
Hard Drive: $40 - $50 for a standard 40gig found in any computer store
HDAdvance: $30 legally off an Internet store but Free if you can get a hold of a hacked copy that'll manage to run without a mod chip.

Basicly from what I've found out HDAdvance is like Alchohol 120% for the PS2. Copies the game disc to an ISO file on the hard drive and boots the game from this ISO as if it was in the CD drive. Supposally this is illegal in the US, but who cares? Technically the MODChip is illegal too yet alot of people still use it in the states. This good enough of an explanation?
aznpride
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 07:26 PM

ill just pretend to hug u until u get here

Member No.: 1,317

does any1 no how 2 burn .nrg files

when i burn the .nrg file and play it on ma ps2, it works but its black and white and the screen is shaky...... does any1 no how 2 fix this problem??

and i cant burn it RAW DOA cause the option isnt available
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 07:38 PM

IDW Prime Member

Try using NeroBurning Rom to burn the image since NRG is Nero's format. I've found sometimes A120% doesn't burn them right.
Takumi Trueno
  Posted: Oct 10 2004, 07:52 PM

IDW Goldmember

Come on people, All you need is Alcohol 120%. It solves all your Image burning problems. It supports all formats.
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 08:40 PM

IDW Prime Member

Yeah it supports all formats, however, it does have a problem with nero images. Everything else works fine, but me and my friends always had problems using A120% with nero images. Plus its always good to have a backup program because sometimes when something doesn't work in one program it may work in another.

EDIT:

Aznpride: forgot to mension that if it doesn't work in Nero then the image is probly corrupted.

This post has been edited by RakeRon on Oct 10 2004, 08:48 PM
xkhol
Posted: Oct 11 2004, 10:33 AM

>_>

why do we need DVD-R? what's the difference between that DVD+R?
b/c i don't think i can burn DVD-R =\
and is special stage a CD or DVD disc?
b/c the one i got from suprnova is 802MB....

This post has been edited by xkhol on Oct 11 2004, 10:38 AM
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 11 2004, 11:10 AM

IDW Prime Member

Special Stage is a CD. This is why its gotta be written in RAW DAO (Disk-At-Once) mode. You can fit 800mb on a 700mb cd if you remove all the error correction routines from the CD's filesystem. DVD-R & DVD+R are two different standards of DVD burners. I never really looked into the exact differences but they are different enough to be considered seperate technologies. Majority of modern DVD burners supports both formats. Plus from what I understand DVD-R is quickly becoming the standard recordable DVD format.
aznpride
Posted: Oct 11 2004, 11:47 AM

ill just pretend to hug u until u get here

Member No.: 1,317

i cant seem 2 use nero burner 2 burn ma .nrg files cause ma nero doesnt support ma dvd burner

and does it matter if i use a DVD+RW 2 burn ma ps2 games instead of a DVD-R cause this way if it doesnt work then i didnt waste a dvd???

and when i try burnin .nrg files wit alcohol 120% it doesnt give me the option of RAW DOA and it only gives me DVD DOA so wht do i do???
RakeRon
Posted: Oct 11 2004, 01:25 PM

IDW Prime Member

What version of Nero are you using and where did you get it?

I think it depends on the version of your PS2. I would assume older versions (like when it first came to the US) wouldn't be able to read the RW but more recent versions would.

Hrm.... not sure what DVD DAO is (I'm waiting for those blue laser DVD burners before I get one). I'll look into it though and get back to ya.

12 Pages  1 2 3 »