Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing Dave Mc Loud - Gimme the Night

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 32,595  ·  Replies: 205 
> What did Initial D do for you?, Did Initial D get you into cars, or anime?
loki700
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 02:00 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,128

QUOTE (Septic @ Oct 26 2008, 08:25 AM)
Yeah I understand that but Jap cars tend to also have the best rear-wheel drive layouts. A lot of the cars us dubbers drive are either too heavy or front wheel drive and are a ightmare as far as understeer is concerned.

Jap cars such as for e.g, the Nissan Z250 on the other hand have a ridiculously low understeer rating.

We're lacking the power stakes although I do know people running MkI Golfs that can beat your average supercar. Time will tell really once I finish my current project but regardless, the impact iD has had on many of its fans is a testament to its brilliance.

Take a good Euro car and it can beat any japanese car, even if both are doing proper four wheel drifts. Japanese cars just offer close to the same handling at a much cheaper price, but you still can't fairly compare the two.
Todeshornisse
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 02:19 PM

SBK on Tour

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11,698

Initial D got me interessed in cars and especially asian cars and it brought me to eurobeat.

Also it is still one of the best anime shows ever. But I watched other animes before D, so this point goes to other serials.
iconoklast
  Posted: Oct 28 2008, 06:31 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 29,317

Gruppe, that is a sick bmw you got there. I had a 1989 325i Special Edition I was trying to tune. But getting parts for it was a b*tch, and eventually the cost of maintaining it got to be too much, so I sold it and got a 1989 civic lol. What all is done to it???

Oh yea, I totally forgot about mentioning how much Eurobeat rocks. Initial D would not be Initial D without the Eurobeat.

Why exactly is it called Eurobeat if its something which is not widely distributed outside of Japan anyway??
A l X
Posted: Nov 3 2008, 06:23 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,979

For me, watching Initial D again has got me even more wanting to get my license as soon as possible...

I used to be a guy who would be lazy to get a license because i think driving a car is gonna be difficult to learn...However, watching initial D again has reignited my memories of why i love cars so much...and it makes me determined to get a license as soon as possible...

haha...in my country, you have to take some basic tests before you can learn how to drive(idk whether it's the same for everyone)...and call me naive or dumb but i decided to learn about how to start a car before i even went for this tests...When i have nothing to do,i imagine the clutch and stuff under my feet and pretend on how to start a car and stuff...

Euro-beat rocks!
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Nov 3 2008, 02:48 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

--made me realize that european supercars aren't always the best cars around
--made me appreciate faster forms of music (i used to really hate fast-paced songs)
--made me appreciate japanese cars even more than their european and american counterparts
--made me look at cars more than just the weight and the horsepower

that's it basically for now, will edit when the need arises...
Septic
Posted: Nov 3 2008, 04:49 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 30,674

QUOTE (loki700 @ Oct 28 2008, 02:00 PM)
Take a good Euro car and it can beat any japanese car, even if both are doing proper four wheel drifts. Japanese cars just offer close to the same handling at a much cheaper price, but you still can't fairly compare the two.

Ah really? The newer euro cars tend to be much heavier and so difficult to really drift in.

Take my Polo for example; its slammed to the ground on sports coilovers but the understeer on the thing is ridiculous. I dunno...Euro cars have more soul but for some reason Jap cars seem to be the way to go when it comes to power and drifting.

Once I finish my current project I'll see what I get. Can't wait cool.gif
snoro
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 07:02 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 29,765

Seriously,i was a bit a car guy before i first watched initial d and got addicted to it by the first minute.
it made me discover eurobeat and i now listen only eurobeat with a bit of muse
it made me discover the real way of tuning car thats mean all go no show.
It made me want to go further in car industry and now i want to become a aerodynamician.
It also always made me happy when something was going bad in my life,well now its top gear also who keep me happy with initial d.
and also takumi teached me that you have to never listen to what people are saying
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 4 2008, 09:40 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ Nov 3 2008, 06:48 PM)
--made me realize that european supercars aren't always the best cars around
--made me appreciate faster forms of music (i used to really hate fast-paced songs)
--made me appreciate japanese cars even more than their european and american counterparts
--made me look at cars more than just the weight and the horsepower

that's it basically for now, will edit when the need arises...

That's actually exactly what it did for me, with the exception of fast music (I used to like techno).
Oh and by the way, congratulations Barack Obama! This has been an exciting election for me.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
fallschirmjager
Posted: Nov 5 2008, 12:18 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 31,023

Well to take a similar note out Initial D, I've actually been driving on the roads since I was fifteen mostly just country back roads and I never really understood the thrill of driving like my friends did.

I first saw Initial D when I was seventeen and I never really got into it, I didn't like anime at the time and although I watched up to the end of the First Stage I never bothered watching the rest but I did start listening to Eurobeats because of Initial D.

That was how it was until about six months ago. I stumbled across an anime I did remember liking, Evangelion.

So suddenly I started tracking down what anime I could remember and those I thought looked good and about three months ago I brought all the Initial D DVDs and watched them in the space of about two weeks after work and on my days off.

And I love it. Before I saw Initial D again I only saw my car as a means of getting around but like my brother we always drive fast regardless of the road.

My car is a 2006 Ford XR6 sedan.

user posted image

I can't say I've done anything extreme in it, I only drive fast, that's all. I'm not like all my idiot friends who go off and tear up the gravel roads (I live up one and I'm sick of the damage it does) or just generally drive like a dickhead; thinking they're the next big thing.

I wouldn't call it a "drift" car, it's pretty heavy but very stable. If it had to be used for any racing style, it would be grip driving.

I always thought my next car would be a FPV GT-P (a BA or a BF like my XR6) but after seeing Initial D again, I wouldn't mind a "ricer" whistling.gif

The Sileighty from Initial D has me smitten at the moment but I think it would be a bit hard to get the parts in Australia to make one like the one from Initial D.

This post has been edited by fallschirmjager on Nov 5 2008, 12:21 AM
wiseman443
Posted: Nov 13 2008, 10:42 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,081

Initial D made me buy a Merkur XR4TI ( RWD ) because it's the closest thing to a real drifter and to a AE86, and also because it's a Ford. i swapped the motor for a 2.0 Duratec HE running 290 HP whistling.gif ... big step from the original SOHC 4 banger motor. it's a very good car but very underrated. fear2.gif

also ID made me love Super eurobeat. before that i was listening to other garbage techno songs grin2.gif
Drift Dude
Posted: Nov 13 2008, 12:08 PM

That guy from Belgium

Member No.: 24,995

ID made me realize the power isn't everything for racing and got me into listening Eurobeat
RSanYon
Posted: Nov 13 2008, 03:28 PM

Trill.

Member No.: 31,059

Initial D got me listening to eurobeat an playing Initial D games.I've been a car enthusiast eversince.

This post has been edited by RSanYon on Nov 13 2008, 03:28 PM
Hannibal Ostrenga
Posted: Nov 14 2008, 11:15 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 30,386

Initial D taught me to specialize in something and become the best at it that I can be. The real life version of Initial D would have to be Michael Phelps and I thought Tom Brady would be a good example but he failed to win in the Super Bowl. This specialization usually applies in the field of athletics where a person who excels at a given sport and becomes no. 1 in their field can be quite famous such as Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Michael Schumacher etc.. The story of Initial D is really the story of what it is like to be a famous athlete who becomes no. 1. Also I once spotted a white AE 86 Trueno in Toronto on Queens Quay at the foot of Jarvis St. that had black Japanese lettering on the side and I thought "cool a fan of Initial D", then I thought "naw I must be hallucinating". So if there is a phantom AE 86 driver out there who lives in Toronto please post a picture of your ride.
nikos
Posted: Nov 22 2008, 03:49 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 15,234

Well, I already told my story 2 years ago, and i´m going to teel it again.

In the 90´, my aunt from France gived me a call and told me taht she wanted to give me a car - I was about 18 years old, or something...
With only 2 months of license, I drived across Europe with that car - all alone.

Crashed it 3 months later. Payed a hell of a bill to fix it - in my own way, of course...

I really love that car.

I was a big fan of anime in that time - but I just found out that there was an anime about cars... after seeing a cover from the movie Initial D ( weird, heim?!)

Saw the movie, and wanted to see more... found the anime - 4 season... than I saw the first season, then the second, then the third and agin the 4th... and watched all over again... and again...

I really felt that "this was the best anime" ´cause I could see me in Takumi´s role - in real life. I started to make crazy things with my car - got a bad reputation back home because of that - got persecuted by other racers, and latelly by cops too...

But I had to stop. That was not the kind of life I wanted to have.

Got married.

Both a house.

Got a dog.

Both another car.

And I still have my first car in the garage.

Late at night, I go to the hill near my house and start to remember the old days, making that car coming back to "life", burning ruber, drifting down hill, braking the silence of the night with the rear wheels...

I´m still known to be a reckless driver, and got me a bad reputation again in the new country I work in now.

Got me a job were I drive other cars, new cars and test it off road - 4wd.

So you can say that it had a good influence over me.

Can wait to see Extra Stage 2 - ´cause were I´m in the internet dosent have a good speed connection, so I told my wife to start downloading it, so when I get back in Christmas, I can kill a little of my "saudades" !

See´ya.

P.S. - didn´t post anything for almost 2 and a half years... 2nd post today after a looooonnnnngggg break......
garrethking
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 08:23 AM

DJ G²

Member No.: 30,296

Got me into cars, imports that is. Also eurobeat and drifting.
MattW
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 08:47 AM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

QUOTE (cmspaz @ Oct 27 2008, 04:40 PM)
Agreed. Awesome brick.

That ain't no brick. That's an E21 3-series. tongue.gif
Spaz
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 09:31 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (MattW @ Today at 10:47 AM)
That ain't no brick. That's an E21 3-series. tongue.gif

Where I come from, both the old Volvos and BMWs are bricks.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 12:35 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

ID got me seriously interested in cars. I was originally gonna settle on an old 80's civic sedan, but then I saw the show back in 2003 and wanted an FC real bad.

By the time I finally had the money to get a car (years of saving later), there were no decent FCs in the area, so I plunked down half my savings on an old '86 MR2 N/A. Good times, but it just couldn't fit the bill for me since I intended to actually carry shit in it. laugh.gif

Eventually I stumbled upon the most beautiful car in the world, traded the MR2 in, and now Zeta and I are inseparable companions on the road. smile.gif
user posted image
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kazahana
Posted: Dec 3 2008, 05:11 AM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

Member No.: 21,778

Initial D got me into cars once again tongue.gif
It also introduced me to Eurobeat, yes I have been a eurobeat fan ever since happy.gif
It also taught me many things about racing biggrin.gif
I was a kid when i first saw initial D, so yeah, obviously it taught many a couple of things tongue.gif
Taught me many things about cars too. biggrin.gif
xRenz
Posted: Dec 5 2008, 08:41 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 31,142

ID got me watching anime, playing arcade IDAStages, and dreaming about girls driving cars >:D
tatyana
Posted: Dec 5 2008, 03:12 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,273

i started to learn japanese. which i suck at, by the way, because it's not similar to either russian or english.

i only slightly got into cars. i own a jeep, so i wasn't influenced to buy a japanese car or anything that is used in racing. but when my brother bought his fc i sure loved driving in it.

and i'm a fan of ryosuke. for an anime character, he's hot. wub.gif
thx712517
Posted: Dec 14 2008, 08:14 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 23,877

I was a car guy before Initial D, but it was all American iron from the 50s, 60s, and early 70s. Big power and straight line acceleration, basically. After getting into Initial D I began to appreciate cornering abilities, and my car horizon broadened. After a while my front wheel drive Saturn Ion just wasn't what I wanted it to be, and I chanced into test driving a '95 Mazda Miata. I was sold on small, light cars with rear wheel drive and high-revving engines at that point, and soon ended up with my '01 Miata. I also pushed my anime boundaries from Cowboy Bebop to include numerous other shows, especially Wangan Midnight.
zhen
Posted: Dec 14 2008, 08:22 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,341

a lot. iniD is actually the first anime that i got really, really interested in. i mean, i watched anime way long before iniD but nothing that got me REALLY hooked. i don't know anything bout cars before this (yeah i'm a girl) and i can't tell a FC from a mercedes or anything like that. well maybe not that bad. i got interested in driving after watching it and i passed my driving test on my first attempt which my driving instructor considered to be impossible for me since i'm the "worst driver" he had ever come across and the night before my test i just watched iniD esp ryosuke so i passsed the next day
AE86Takumi
Posted: Mar 8 2009, 08:39 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 11,926

First it got me to abandon automatic and go manual.
Then learn about cars and more specs.
Finally one hand steering. I will not use both hands unless I don't feel sure about the condition.

Of course, to drive with Initial D music. smile.gif
misterbigalow
Posted: Mar 8 2009, 09:04 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 30,901

I'm not too fussed on cars, but I still like Initial D, plus the videogames and of course the music!

This post has been edited by misterbigalow on Mar 8 2009, 09:05 AM

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 »