Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) Jager - I Won't Fall Apart

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 30,125  ·  Replies: 182 
> The Motorbike Discussion Thread!
Alex
Posted: Oct 6 2008, 07:10 PM

OG Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 111

QUOTE (JZX100 @ Today at 7:03 PM)
Looks like one bike I should stay away then. ermm2.gif

Please explain how that constitutes a bike you should stay away from? I'm sure I'll step up to a 600 in due time, but I think the 250 will keep me MORE than happy for a while. You could probably see my smile poking out of my full face helmet the whole time I was riding it. Only time there wasn't a smile big enough was when I stalled getting into 1st and on my very first complete halt. Forgot to clutch in whistling.gif . I've only driven a manual car twice before so I don't have any of those habits down, but I found operating the gears on this bike exceptionally easy.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Frost
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 06:57 PM

Time to slam into 2nd gear!

Member No.: 3,866

I know plenty of people who rode the Ninja 250 and all of them have bigger bikes but they all commented on the same thing about the 250:

"That bike reminds me of why I ride in the first place." - or something similar.

The bike is EXTREMELY fun, forgiving and begs to be whipped. Unlike the GSX-R or any of the super bikes which HAVE to be whipped to be fun, the 250 is decent at most ranges but EXCELS at being whipped. It's proven to be reliable and looks pretty good.

I have no clue why JZX100 you are staying away from the 250. If its because of friends laughing at your "puny" 250cc, I suggest you take the 250 to the track take some lessons and then challenge your friends in their 600+ cc bikes. There's a strong likelihood you will beat them if all of you have the same biking experience.

The only thing I don't like about the 250cc is only when I'm not riding it and someone zips by in one. It sounds like a killer bee lol.
Möbius
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 07:03 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

I have to concur, if I would get a bike , it would have to be the Ninja 250R. smile.gif

Either the older one, or the newer one, they both have really good reviews from experienced riders. smile.gif
Alex
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 07:18 PM

OG Member

QUOTE (Frost @ Today at 9:57 PM)
I know plenty of people who rode the Ninja 250 and all of them have bigger bikes but they all commented on the same thing about the 250:

"That bike reminds me of why I ride in the first place." - or something similar.

The bike is EXTREMELY fun, forgiving and begs to be whipped. Unlike the GSX-R or any of the super bikes which HAVE to be whipped to be fun, the 250 is decent at most ranges but EXCELS at being whipped. It's proven to be reliable and looks pretty good.

I have no clue why JZX100 you are staying away from the 250. If its because of friends laughing at your "puny" 250cc, I suggest you take the 250 to the track take some lessons and then challenge your friends in their 600+ cc bikes. There's a strong likelihood you will beat them if all of you have the same biking experience.

The only thing I don't like about the 250cc is only when I'm not riding it and someone zips by in one. It sounds like a killer bee lol.

When test riding my bike, it was my first time ever on a motorcycle. Both my dad and his friend selling the bike to us thought I did REALLY well considering it was my first ride. We were in a small industrial park, the same one I learned to drive in, and I didn't go past 40-ish the whole time, revs were consistently around 6k every time I looked. The bike has sooo much more to it that I didn't even touch.

I have so much respect for 250s now. My dad brought his 600 to our spot and even just after stepping off the 600 was impressed with the 250. I'm so incredibly... stoked for this bike. Today whilst driving my friend home, we passed by the EXACT same bike I'll be getting and she had to help me stay focused on the road.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 07:55 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

Just don't be retarded and buy a kick ass bike as your first one. My boss has five motorcycles and has been riding for quite some time, and one day, I was riding in his BMW 530i as we saw an orange Honda bike (I forget the model, but it's one of the nicer newer ones) pull up next to us and drive away. He immediately knew that the guy was a beginner based on what he was wearing and how he was positioned on his bike, and that he would probably end up messing the bike up. Sure enough, an hour later as we were driving back from another direction, we saw a crashed orange bike with pieces of the body on the side of the road. We were pretty certain it was the same guy.
MattW
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 09:15 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

A friend of mine has a Ninja 250. That bike can seriously move from a stop.
zAE86BoYz
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 11:44 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,251

I have a green 2008 Ninja 250r. This bike is so much fun and rides like a beauty.
This thing will teach you everything. Great for beginners and Great commuter bike.

I love this thing but maybe in 2 year Ill trade for a 600.
DeeezNuuuts83
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 12:04 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 25,374

^ What state do you live in?
Alex
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 06:23 PM

OG Member

user posted image
A candid pic from my test ride. Guy next to me is my dad's buddy who is selling me the bike. Excuse my improper footwear!
Bubs
  Posted: Oct 12 2008, 12:22 PM

Plep

Member No.: 1,079

QUOTE (Alex @ Oct 8 2008, 07:23 PM)
user posted image
A candid pic from my test ride. Guy next to me is my dad's buddy who is selling me the bike. Excuse my improper footwear!

Maybe I'm not a "serious rider" but I just wear my sneakers out all the time. No worries.

I started doing all the work on my Buell myself instead of trusting it to those douchebags at the Harley shop. Those guys are so hardcore about getting your money and then, after they get it, they don't care at all about you, your bike or how you will like their service. The Blast is remarkably easy to work on when you strip everything down.

user posted image
Frost
Posted: Oct 13 2008, 06:20 PM

Time to slam into 2nd gear!

Member No.: 3,866

QUOTE (Alex @ Oct 8 2008, 06:23 PM)
user posted image

You are so damned lucky to get bikes in the US. Up here in Canadia, the 250Rs in blue were for whatever reason, rare to find.

They are re-releasing the newer 250s in blue again. I always liked the combination of a blue bike, yellow jacket and black helmet.
Möbius
Posted: Oct 14 2008, 04:24 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Frost @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM)
You are so damned lucky to get bikes in the US. Up here in Canadia, the 250Rs in blue were for whatever reason, rare to find.

They are re-releasing the newer 250s in blue again. I always liked the combination of a blue bike, yellow jacket and black helmet.

There was a low km 2007 model on craigslist a couple months ago, blue...

If I ever get a 250R, it has to be Kawi green. tongue.gif
Shirogane
Posted: Oct 14 2008, 05:46 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

user posted image

I was horribly wanting to say "Burgman", but, no.

Nice Kawasaki, Alex.
Alex
Posted: Oct 15 2008, 12:48 PM

OG Member

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ Yesterday at 7:24 PM)
There was a low km 2007 model on craigslist a couple months ago, blue...

If I ever get a 250R, it has to be Kawi green. tongue.gif

Cannot stand Kawi Green! It's such an obnoxious color, and every bit of K merch is that color too. There's very few accessories, apparel, etc that aren't super-f**king-bright-obnoxious green.

Thanks JZX! I hope to have it as my own very very soon.
Bubs
  Posted: Jan 3 2009, 05:36 PM

Plep

Yes! I sold that damn awful Buell Blast!

I had bought the bike with a little under 5,000 miles and rode it until 10,000. During that period of, mind you, very light riding with no falling over or abuse, the front isolator broke twice, rear isolator broke once, an oil leak formed around the shifter, the intake boot broke three times, rocker box gasket went, there was a leak that spit gas and oil all over my legs, the motor mount bolts broke twice and a motor mount broke once. I did not beat on or abuse the bike, did not crash it, and did not do any wheelies or anything like that - even the fastest I went on it was 76.

It held the road like nothing else, but it was dorky looking, relatively slow, and on top of the reliability issues, the local dealer was not much help - I waited a month and a half on the isolators! 70-76mpg was nice, but when you're spending that kind of money on parts, I may as well have been riding the 15mpg 500 triple. Regardless, I have it sold now and got a good portion of my money back, and am looking toward better horizons.

I'm considering a Yamaha XS750 Special. Three cylinder - just like the H1 500 (but four-stroke). Funny to think that the 34 year-old, two-stroke triple is more reliable than a 2001 model American product. rolleyes.gif
Alex
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 07:48 PM

OG Member

@Frost: I think I read the blue/yellow/black pipes 250 was an '03 only option. I like it a lot, I just wish I had a helmet to match.

@Apex: Kawi green has to be the single ugliest color for a motorcycle, haha.

My pursuit of the Ninja 250 was heavily delayed by my job pretty much sucking. I kid you not, one of my paychecks was a mere $54 for 2 weeks. They just didn't give me any hours and I was even covering for people. However, recently they've kicked me into overdrive and I'm getting 4-5 days a week and back into range of buying that bike. I'm insanely ecstatic about the idea of owning that bike. I'm just a little intimidated by the safety course but the reward is just so worth it.

This post has been edited by Alex on Jan 5 2009, 07:51 PM
David_m213
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 11:55 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,030

I bought myself a new bike a few weeks ago. It took me ages to save up, but I've got it.

It's a 2001 Kawasaki ZZR 600. Americans may know it as the Ninja ZX6E.

user posted image

I know you lot do the whole milk and loaf in the picture thing but I don't have that yet.

That is me standing outside the sellers house when I just bought it. My biking mate took the photo.

and another.

user posted image

grin2.gif

I've only been out on it a few times as the weather isn't great and the roads are covered in salts. I have another bike that I ride everyday in all weathers.

I cannot afford ANY car because of the insurance.

This post has been edited by David_m213 on Jan 5 2009, 11:57 PM
Alex
Posted: Jan 6 2009, 01:44 PM

OG Member

VERY nice! Paint it red and that's what my dad has in our garage.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Jul 6 2009, 08:39 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

dunno if it fits in here, but my Japanese host father over here traded an old air compressor of his for this, a Honda Tact 50cc scooter.

It doesnt run, but he thinks he's identified the problem - a leaking fuel line. I'll be helping him repair it over the weekends from now on (and probably see if he was right about the fuel line).

user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

Cool thing about this badboy is that since it's only 50cc's, i can ride it when i get my Japanese license (which I must NOW DO, cuz my International Driving Permit is expired and i cant even drive my car).
Bubs
  Posted: Jul 6 2009, 04:53 PM

Plep

Yeah, that fits in here just fine. Scooters rule, man. wink2.gif

user posted image
Shirogane
Posted: Jul 6 2009, 05:20 PM

Pictures later, but some ranting from a scooter-ist. madrant.gif

Just a few months ago, some d(bleeeep) of a mo(bleeeeeep) girl chose to drive past a Stop sign without stopping. WHAT THE F(Censored). DID SHE NOT SEE THE MOTHERF(Again)ING STOP SIGN IN HER MOTHERF(Again)ING SUBURBAN. Though the Burgman has got some cosmetic damage from T-boning the Suburban (Note: The Burgman's road never had the Stop sign, whereas the Suburban's road did), My father, while using it at the time, almost had a fractured neck and brain damage. If he died, then I go violent. I'm sorry, I love my Burgman and all, but losing a father is like losing something important.

And if you were that person that caused this, I feel a little sympathetic for you, but this is horribly unexcusable.
Bubs
  Posted: Jul 6 2009, 05:47 PM

Plep

Oh, my...

Is your dad going to be alright? Did he get any severe injuries? sad.gif

This post has been edited by Bubs on Jul 6 2009, 05:48 PM
Alex
Posted: Jul 7 2009, 04:35 PM

OG Member

QUOTE (JZX100 @ Yesterday, 9:20 PM)
but losing a father is like losing something important.

Inappropriate or not, I found this line HILARIOUS.
MattW
Posted: Jul 7 2009, 05:54 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

QUOTE (JZX100 @ Yesterday, 8:20 PM)
Pictures later, but some ranting from a scooter-ist. madrant.gif

Just a few months ago, some d(bleeeep) of a mo(bleeeeeep) girl chose to drive past a Stop sign without stopping. WHAT THE F(Censored). DID SHE NOT SEE THE MOTHERF(Again)ING STOP SIGN IN HER MOTHERF(Again)ING SUBURBAN. Though the Burgman has got some cosmetic damage from T-boning the Suburban (Note: The Burgman's road never had the Stop sign, whereas the Suburban's road did), My father, while using it at the time, almost had a fractured neck and brain damage. If he died, then I go violent. I'm sorry, I love my Burgman and all, but losing a father is like losing something important.

And if you were that person that caused this, I feel a little sympathetic for you, but this is horribly unexcusable.

Just swear, the filter will take car of it. Honestly, you sound like a little kid with the self censoring.
Shirogane
Posted: Jul 7 2009, 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Alex @ 4 hours, 25 minutes ago)
Inappropriate or not, I found this line HILARIOUS.

What if someone you loved died, huh?

UPDATE: Apparently, Allstate wanted to open the bike to see anything under the skin for frame damage and such, and then charge us if there's nothing wrong. Whoa. They didn't yet, as we chose to wait for the (Un?)insured person to cough up. Phew.

This post has been edited by JZX100 on Jul 7 2009, 09:22 PM

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »