Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Never Throw Away

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 272,275  ·  Replies: 509 
> Teknoparrot now supports ID4 through IDZ
jon360x
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 12:53 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,105

@Falbere

I think its completely random because looking back at my recordings my plates were

55 and 59 even though I didn't mod anything.
Falbere
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 01:07 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ 36 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
He has added a limited slip differential and a modified ECU.  Can someone understand what the others mean and how to add them?

the last line of (car name)_car_parameter_info.txt
the comment says that value is 車種特性フラグ, which means car behavior flag
RIT_ninja's value for this is 7340135, in binary that is 11100000000000001100111, which are some flags for engine, suspension and the 13k meter. For example, the 4th digit adds superchager. i don't know what the exact flags are, but in theory this value can add everything.
zeroyon04 and AsukaXVB from Teknogods discord understands this better, you should ask them

Also, when i say series 3 or series 5, only the first digit matters. The 2nd digit have nothing to do with what series the license plate is

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jul 15 2017, 01:11 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 01:13 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ 42 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
He has added a limited slip differential and a modified ECU.  Can someone understand what the others mean and how to add them?

It's basically the name of all the internal car upgrade parts (the ones that actually affect performance). From what I can see, they are the names of all the internal upgrade parts you install as you are tuning your car from Normal to Full Spec.

For example one of the things listed there is Weight Reduction LV 1 which I remember is one of the parts you click on when you are upgrading your car Specs. The last final upgrade is called Power SP Tune which refers to the final upgrade of the AE86T which the game will give you a choice of turbocharger, supercharger or the AE101 racing engine.

I have no idea how to add them in though.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 15 2017, 01:18 AM
jon360x
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 01:27 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

I dont think the values you edit inside the parameter will effect how it behaves. Only the parts will be changed.

I just tested my Trueno with stock parameter values and I still got 2'58"xxx

whats really important is in the car makers text file.

for my instance the TOYOTA_car_info.txt since im using trueno.

Open it and change the number from 2 to 4. or 6 if u want. so far I can't tell a difference between 4 and 6. But I'd rather stay with 4 since the Japs set it like that.

thats the only thing u need to change to make it behave differently. as far as I know 8k or 13k tachometer the car will still perform the same full tune as long as the car_info.txt is set to 4.
Falbere
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 01:33 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

indeed, my differences video also shows that the wrong engine (AT) and the correct engine (MT) proves that their acceletation is identical and the only difference comes from my difference in the driving

having the wrong tach is more distracting though.
Akii
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 01:36 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,416

QUOTE (Falbere @ 28 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
the last line of (car name)_car_parameter_info.txt
the comment says that value is 車種特性フラグ, which means car behavior flag
RIT_ninja's value for this is 7340135, in binary that is 11100000000000001100111, which are some flags for engine, suspension and the 13k meter. For example, the 4th digit adds superchager. i don't know what the exact flags are, but in theory this value can add everything.
zeroyon04 and AsukaXVB from Teknogods discord understands this better, you should ask them

Also, when i say series 3 or series 5, only the first digit matters. The 2nd digit have nothing to do with what series the license plate is

If you are wondering what's the correct value for the racing engine parameter flag number, its 7361559.

The 3 series number plate is still wrong.

This post has been edited by Akii on Jul 15 2017, 01:36 AM
Falbere
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 01:40 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (Akii @ 4 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
If you are wondering what's the correct value for the racing engine parameter flag number, its 7361559.

The 3 series number plate is still wrong.

That's what you get when you remove 11100000000000000000000 to the base value, but what is the difference?
Akii
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 02:05 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Speaking of the ultimate mess.... Racing engine sound included

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Akii on Jul 15 2017, 02:10 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 02:20 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (jon360x @ 53 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
I dont think the values you edit inside the parameter will effect how it behaves. Only the parts will be changed.

I just tested my Trueno with stock parameter values and I still got 2'58"xxx

whats really important is in the car makers text file.

for my instance the TOYOTA_car_info.txt since im using trueno.

Open it and change the number from 2 to 4. or 6 if u want. so far I can't tell a difference between 4 and 6. But I'd rather stay with 4 since the Japs set it like that.

thats the only thing u need to change to make it behave differently. as far as I know 8k or 13k tachometer the car will still perform the same full tune as long as the car_info.txt is set to 4.

It definitely makes a huge difference in my case. My Akina time went from 3'18 to 3'08 and I notice a huge acceleration increase as well. I also made way more mistakes in the 3'08 run than the 3'18 run with much more wall hits.

Both times the manufacturer text number was set to 6 too.

I know that there isn't supposed to be a difference in the real D6, I did a lot of testing back then too but something in my editing here changed something that wasn't there in the prior 3'18 test.

It's not just one run either, I did 5-6 tests on each setting and that one parameter change automatically fasten my times the moment I switched it with average times also following the same correlation.

Regardless of what specific edit did cause it, I know that something did change somewhere. And from what I'm seeing being discussed in various places and me discussing, there's so many things about the tuning hacking in the emulator that we are still unsure off. There are various edits in various different txt files that we know will cause an effect of some sort, we're just not fully sure what changes will cause what yet, at least we are in the experimental stages of it.

I'm probably going to reset all my txt files and do some further testing in case some things have been inadvertently changed. It's apparently fairly easy to do an accidental effect when editing if one is not careful.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 15 2017, 02:32 AM
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 02:45 AM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

QUOTE (Akii @ 40 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
Speaking of the ultimate mess.... Racing engine sound included

http://i.imgur.com/XKrDqI1.jpg

How the heck did you get the Prius speedo?
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 02:46 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 42,633

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 25 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
It definitely makes a huge difference in my case. My Akina time went from 3'18 to 3'08 and I notice a huge acceleration increase as well. I also made way more mistakes in the 3'08 run than the 3'18 run with much more wall hits.

Both times the manufacturer text number was set to 6 too.

I know that there isn't supposed to be a difference in the real D6, I did a lot of testing back then too but something in my editing here changed something that wasn't there in the prior 3'18 test.

It's not just one run either, I did 5-6 tests on each setting and that one parameter change automatically fasten my times the moment I switched it with average times also following the same correlation.

Regardless of what specific edit did cause it, I know that something did change somewhere. And from what I'm seeing being discussed in various places and me discussing, there's so many things about the tuning hacking in the emulator that we are still unsure off. There are various edits in various different txt files that we know will cause an effect of some sort, we're just not fully sure what changes will cause what yet, at least we are in the experimental stages of it.

I'm probably going to reset all my txt files and do some further testing in case some things have been inadvertently changed. It's apparently fairly easy to do an accidental effect when editing if one is not careful.

Damn, if you know, what did you exactly change? I'm stuck at 3'12'' and want to improve my times too!

This post has been edited by GoodOldGunman on Jul 15 2017, 02:48 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 03:03 AM

Nagao Fanboy

I don't know but I've reverted everything to default, so going to test things one by one again.

I might need to learn how to record so I can document the runs. Should be able to easily tell what is what on each run video.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 15 2017, 03:14 AM
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 03:39 AM

IDW Senior Member

Akii's racing engine flag improved my performance a lot. I'm sitting at 2'59'' in Iro and 2'54'' at Tsukuba outbound now biggrin.gif
Falbere
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 03:41 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

I am starting to think that the extra flags i had changed had made the license plate series 3.

edit:
i had done some testing
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmMDcJ16wkk )

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jul 15 2017, 05:44 AM
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 07:13 AM

IDW Senior Member

I think the real difference in these cars can be seen during drifting. I personally felt the 86 grip a bit more using Akii's value compared to the stock value. A total four second difference at Akina for me.

But maybe its because the racing engine suits me more though tongue.gif

EDIT: Scratch that, tried again there was no difference. It's just me improving.

But RIT_Ninja's and Aki's values for the racing engine differ in performance, dunno why

This post has been edited by GoodOldGunman on Jul 15 2017, 07:27 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 07:17 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ 3 minutes, 20 seconds ago)
I think the real difference in these cars can be seen during drifting. I personally felt the 86 grip a bit more using Akii's value compared to the stock value. A total four second difference at Akina for me.

But maybe its because the racing engine suits me more though  tongue.gif

There is very little difference in the real D6 between the three engines. There is a slight difference in shift timing I think but it's very marginal. So the racing engine alone shouldn't be giving a huge boost.

I don't know what sorcery is in here in the emulator and our hackings though. All I can tell is that there a few different parts that are affecting my own boosts and I'm working to isolate what is doing what.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 15 2017, 07:25 AM
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 07:35 AM

IDW Senior Member

It all depends on the parameter value. Most of the discovery process could be eliminated if we had the card system working.

Add a part to the car, find out how it changes the parameter value stored in the card and we'll get an idea what parts affect the value in what way and what don't. Without it, we'll need a lot of patience.

Maybe the body kits affect the handling a little bit like they did in the Naomi 2 arcade games?
Akii
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 07:55 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ 41 minutes, 19 seconds ago)

But maybe its because the racing engine suits me more though tongue.gif

EDIT: Scratch that, tried again there was no difference. It's just me improving.

But RIT_Ninja's and Aki's values for the racing engine differ in performance, dunno why

I'm not sure how RIT_Ninja got his value, I got my value after deducting how the value adds up with the value that my friend got from a Japanese player who figured it out.
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 08:07 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Akii @ 12 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
I'm not sure how RIT_Ninja got his value, I got my value after deducting how the value adds up with the value that my friend got from a Japanese player who figured it out.

Maybe that value affects just more than the engine? I went from only one platinum at Myogi to 3 within a few hours.

This post has been edited by GoodOldGunman on Jul 15 2017, 08:19 AM
jon360x
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 08:27 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

I've stopped tampering further with the full tune thingy. I mean for now I think it performs how it should. I still think the car_info.txt is the only thing affects the way it handles compared to the parameters.

The only thing to do now is just to wait for the card emulation and maybe further patch dumps for the game if possible lol.

Decreasing the analog sensitivity is also a big plus in my opinion.

This post has been edited by jon360x on Jul 15 2017, 08:27 AM
RIT_ninja
  Posted: Jul 15 2017, 09:45 AM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

QUOTE (Akii @ 1 hour, 50 minutes ago)

I got my number from AsukaXVB, which you can do a quick search on Discord to see he was the one who discovered it...I've yet to try 7361559

We need to keep track of which flag changes what...seriously, otherwise we're just blindly guessing
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 04:48 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Falbere @ Today, 3:41 AM)
I am starting to think that the extra flags i had changed had made the license plate series 3.

Oh, is that right?

user posted image

Still waiting for the loader to pull a Demul and get card emulation support. I imagine that, just like Demul, someone just has to make the jump and get data dumps from an actual cab to see how communication to and from the read/write mechanism is done. It's already been what, five years since 6AA? I can wait.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
RIT_ninja
  Posted: Jul 15 2017, 07:34 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 46 minutes ago)
Still waiting for the loader to pull a Demul and get card emulation support. I imagine that, just like Demul, someone just has to make the jump and get data dumps from an actual cab to see how communication to and from the read/write mechanism is done. It's already been what, five years since 6AA? I can wait.

Reaver, the guy who created the loader, got hold of a card reader. So it's a matter of time before it's gonna get implemented. Also, linked play is also in the works as well.

Hopefully by end of the year, we'll get a fully functioning ID6AA gameplay.
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 07:53 PM

IDW Senior Member

Well, I talked to Reaver in Discord, and he said to expect a new version to launch on Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully it will have card system support...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
pkemr4
Posted: Jul 15 2017, 08:23 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 43,213

so uh, i have this issue where if i flick the wheel left or right to much, the kind of locks up i guess? its really hard to explain. also i have cases where the dumbjvsmanager crashes and my car just constantly turns left.

21 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »