Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - There is No Way Out

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

39 Pages  « 33 34 35 36 37 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 48,225  ·  Replies: 964 
> Halo Series Discussion, General Halo Franchise Talk
Godot
Posted: Feb 2 2011, 09:43 AM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,363

7k credits until i reach Lt Col in Reach. I wish I had some motivation to get me going.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Spaz
Posted: Feb 2 2011, 03:34 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Godot @ 5 hours, 49 minutes ago)
7k credits until i reach Lt Col in Reach. I wish I had some motivation to get me going.

I'm a Lt Col Grade 2.

Is it working yet? awesome.gif
Godot
Posted: Feb 3 2011, 12:55 PM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Member No.: 17,363

Maybe =p
Onore Spaz!
guess Ill jump on reach till i hit Commander XD
Spaz
Posted: Feb 4 2011, 11:54 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Hit grade 3, bring it.
Jason_H.
Posted: Feb 5 2011, 02:44 PM

Safe On Block

Member No.: 1,239

Gonna hop on in a bit if anyone feels like some rumblin'. GT is DerTraumer, hit me up.
brian mayhem
Posted: Apr 2 2011, 05:26 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

Bump.

Anyone still play? Might be interested in running some MM with anyone in team Classic.
Jason_H.
Posted: Apr 3 2011, 11:09 AM

Safe On Block

I do. Add me up, send me a message sometime. Just hit Lt. Colonel, so that's my only goal. Got all the armor perms I want so it's nonsensical fun from here on out.
Nappy Hared Azn
  Posted: Jun 6 2011, 12:23 PM

Darling, won't you ease my worried mind?

Member No.: 1,828

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-halo-4/714834

Halo 4.

While I do feel like the series has already peaked and they're just milking the cash cow at this point, I'll admit that I'm excited for another Master Chief/Cortana game. Besides, in terms of video game frachises, 10 years/5 games (not counting ODST and Halo Wars) is nothing.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 12:31 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

I just hope they get rid of the stupid reticle bloom. It's more annoying than skillful. Seeing how you can time your shots and use it correctly. While on the other hand some noob can just spam his shots and still manage to kill you.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jun 6 2011, 12:32 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 12:53 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Really hope they release some more footage of this. I'm skeptical as to how 343 will handle this without Bungie.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Nappy Hared Azn
  Posted: Jun 6 2011, 05:57 PM

Since all we got is a teaser, I wouldn't expect much more info until PAX, when there's supposed to be some sort of big Halo event.
am3pkcet
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 07:02 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

I've been saying this since Halo 3. If people think Halo is in any way "over" as a series they are kidding themselves. With something so able to print money without even trying, this will probably continue until it stops being mind bogglingly profitable. Call of Duty seem to be doing the same thing.

As for me; couldn't care less. Didn't like Halo 3, hated ODST, was "meh" on Reach.... Halo just doesn't do it for me. I bet there are plenty of people who jizzed their pants though.
Jason_H.
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 11:43 PM

Safe On Block

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 4 hours, 41 minutes ago)
hated ODST

user posted image

am3pkcet? Why so? Definitely not someone I expected to hate ODST. ohmy.gif
Nappy Hared Azn
  Posted: Jun 7 2011, 12:07 AM

I'm also really excited about Halo: CE Anniversary. I know it's just Halo: CE with updated graphics and Reach-engined multiplayer (I think), but I absolutely loved the first Halo game and I can't wait to replay the campaign.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 03:38 AM

Group Icon

I'm not exactly amped for the next Halo game, but I'll probably buy it and enjoy it for a few months as usual.

The Halo CE remake won't do anything, either. Like... great, show more people how not to design a campaign.
am3pkcet
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 05:58 AM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE (Jason_H. @ 6 hours, 14 minutes ago)
http://i53.tinypic.com/2ufdevq.png

am3pkcet? Why so? Definitely not someone I expected to hate ODST.  ohmy.gif

I just don't like Halo's philosophy on gaming. I don't like their engine, weapons, map designs, community, whatever. I try to justify playing them and trying to figure out why they are so bloody popular, but every time I'm left with an awful taste in my mouth. Maybe I hated ODST most because I never actually bought it. I only borrowed a friends, and therefore had no reason to try and justify the purchase by convincing myself not to totally hate it. Plus it was right when MW2 came out, which took 100% of my attention (just like CoD4 did with Halo 3 and Black Ops did with Reach).

QUOTE (Nappy Hared Azn @ 5 hours, 50 minutes ago)
I'm also really excited about Halo: CE Anniversary. I know it's just Halo: CE with updated graphics and Reach-engined multiplayer (I think), but I absolutely loved the first Halo game and I can't wait to replay the campaign.

Hey, plenty of other people make horrible layouts and backtracking campaigns too!
Jason_H.
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 07:37 PM

Safe On Block

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ Today, 5:58 AM)
I just don't like Halo's philosophy on gaming. I don't like their engine, weapons, map designs, community, whatever. I try to justify playing them and trying to figure out why they are so bloody popular, but every time I'm left with an awful taste in my mouth. Maybe I hated ODST most because I never actually bought it. I only borrowed a friends, and therefore had no reason to try and justify the purchase by convincing myself not to totally hate it. Plus it was right when MW2 came out, which took 100% of my attention (just like CoD4 did with Halo 3 and Black Ops did with Reach).

Most of the Halo franchise has been that "love it or hate it" sort of thing. I personally love the setting, even if most of the community is prepubescent impotent rage. But let's face it, a fan base can make you hate a game, but it by itself cannot make a game bad on its own merit.

ODST stood out because it felt more like a story than a "I'm the Master Chief, flexing nuts, shooting the aliems wahowehou" schtick. It had great talent evident in its proudction, I thought, especially in the surprisingly fluid shift from super soldier to lone mook in an occupied city. The ability to roam the streets of a city at night in the rain, with that gorgeous godsend of a soundtrack humming politely in the background, that was what made ODST for me. It was fresh, engrossing, if a bit spartan on the features. But most of all it was the characters and their great voice actors, their story, the setting and atmosphere, and that gorgeous soundtrack.

The rest of the games are fun enough with friends, provided we're in a party avoiding the Live Kiddies, and they at least struck me as more interesting than the next installment of a modern shooter with a few new features and differences. Granted Halo isn't much different either, but it doesn't exactly have a new game come out every year, or have much competition in its niche. To each their own, but it just surprised me that you hated ODST out of all of them.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 8 2011, 02:16 AM

Group Icon

ODST is a good game, it's just really goddamn hard. I still haven't been able to beat it on Heroic solo.
Jason_H.
Posted: Jun 8 2011, 07:46 AM

Safe On Block

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 29 minutes ago)
ODST is a good game, it's just really goddamn hard. I still haven't been able to beat it on Heroic solo.

I beat it on Legendary solo in one sitting without too much trouble. blink.gif If want to sit down and beast out the campaign at some point, let me know. It's all about the silenced pistol, that thing can snipe like nobody's business. Couple it with some handy plasma shots, some conservative playing and sneaking, and proceed through the game.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 26 2011, 02:07 PM

Group Icon

Just a quick note to anybody that still plays this. Bungie is giving players one last hurrah before leaving the series, and that means free shit for your account. Bungie Day (July 7, or 7/7) usually coincides with some special crap Bungie hands out to people that play the game on that date, but this time they're giving players a bit of wiggle room.

This time, they're giving players their formerly-exclusive blue flame armor effect (called Eternal in the armory), and their Bungie nameplate. All you have to do is sign in on Bungie.net and register to unlock blue flames on the front page. You just need to enter your email address and birthdate to unlock both gifts on your profile. This unlock is attached to your XBL profile, so you cannot gift it to friends.

This gift is only available until July 7, and it will not be available at all past that. Once you unlock the flames and nameplate, it will be permanent. You just have to unlock them before July 7.
brian mayhem
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 12:33 PM

IDW Goldmember

So apparently 343 will be putting out an update to have the DMR a 4 shot instead of a 5 and no bloom. Rejoice?

PS. v5 is terrible.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 04:18 PM

Group Icon

Not yet, because anything said right now is just hearsay and not concrete. 343 has barely said anything about working with Reach, although they are indeed at the helm now since Bungie is off working on a new IP.
brian mayhem
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 11:26 AM

IDW Goldmember

I was reading they want to implement it before the event after MLG Anaheim, which is at the end of August in Raleigh.

Here's to hoping that's the case because I've only been able to play team classic and H3 because of how bad the playlist has gotten.
Akina7even
Posted: Jul 17 2011, 11:34 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,488

Holy -blam!-, I can't believe I missed Bungie day because I've been so amped on Initial D the past few weeks='[[
brian mayhem
Posted: Aug 19 2011, 04:30 PM

IDW Goldmember

Bump.

No Bloom is comfirmed. DMR is now a 5 shot. Roll out of the update is up in the air at this point. I'm going to assume it will be in association with the CE anniversary release.

I'm just looking to see how certain players like Roy and Pistola adjust to spammers.

39 Pages  « 33 34 35 36 37 »